Love Costs 3

By srosee2000

*Sequel to Love Costs 2* Crisis after crisis plague all members of the group while they each find a way to na... More

Introduction
Alive
Where We Stand
Something About Her
Processed
Cover Up
Cutting Ties
One Time
Miscommunicated
One In the Same
Deceiving
Alter Ego
Free
Adjusting
Brunch & Banquet
Two's Better Than One
Hidden Truth
An Act to Regret
Unload
I Do
Memory Loss
Exclusion
At My End
Maui
Traitorous
Easy Way Out
Thin Ice
Addition to the Family
High Class Crime
Home Sweet Home
Salvation
Sold Hit
Messages
Club Confessions
At Last
The Question
Planning
Unwanted Company
Shit Show
Yes to the Dress
Massacre
Guard Up
Double Crossed
Sides
Blindsided
Induced
Bed Rest
Timely Answers
OmertΓ 
Run Ins
Forever and Always
Honeymoon Return
Force Hands
Toxic
Vegas
Bombshells
Reality Setting In
Friends to Lovers
One Thing After Another
Numb Feelings
Heart Sank
Unresponsive
Steps Forward
Back On Track
Shift in Power
OD
The Reason Why
According to Plan
Jealousy Wins
End of an Era
Imprisoned
Synchronous Chaos
Verdict
The King and His Men
Babymoon
Collapse
Common Ground
Alliances
Delivered
Informants

Messy Moments

93 5 9
By srosee2000

Haileys pov
"I don't know if it's me or the gym but god damn baby" Isaac said smacking my ass and squeezing my hips "stop it Isaac" I said with a small laugh, I loved the compliment "what" "your grandmother is here" "seriously" "yes nipote. Buongiorno" she said before we turned to her "good morning Nonna" he said going over to hug her "how are you, you look exhausted" "I'm okay, working" "on the Giovanni situation yes" "you know" he asked "of course. Nonno met with Mr. Vespucci" "how did that go" "not too well. Because of the severity of Romans injury they are well within their rights to retaliate" "against Gio" I asked "well Giovanni is apart of the family so Nonno will take the necessary next steps if it comes to that" "okay" "besides that. How are you two" "good. Just doing everything day by day" "mhm. How's it going with your aunt" she asked Isaac "good. I talked to Alexei, they'll be out here in a little over a week and they're staying for three months" "Natasha too" "she'll be coming a couple weeks after them" "okay good".

"Nonno says he'll come to greet them. He won't say it but he misses having her at the house" his grandmother said with a small laugh "a few more months then, how is he" "really good. Relaxing finally for a few weeks" "that's good. He plan on getting out soon" Isaac asked but not too seriously "your grandfather plans on doing this until he dies" "benedicilo but he could use a break for once" Isaac said and she nodded "I agree" she said as Denise came back in the kitchen.

"Apologies ma'am but your room is finished" Denise said "grazie. I will go settle in" she said before leaving the kitchen.

"So she just dropped in" Isaac asked "yup, said she had time" "hm. Doing anything today" "going out with the girls for lunch. That new French restaurant that opened downtown" "okay. Going yourself" "picking up Rory on the way and Tess is getting Riley" "Summer not going" "her and Leo are still in the Turks for the rest of the week" "okay. Please be careful" "we will. Plus those guys are still with Rory which she hates by the way" "and I personally would hate a tire slashing to graduate to something worse" "I know. Thank you" "you're welcome" he said kissing my forehead.

"Please tell me you're home today" I groaned drying my hands and leaving the kitchen with him "I am home until 6 love but we can do a late dinner" "there's nothing wrong I was just asking" "I know but I have been busy and you've been eating without me. I'll let you know what time to be ready and Lorenzo can bring you" "sounds good then" "alright baby" he said before his phone started ringing so I went to the living room.

///

Riley's pov
"Someone's here to see you" our maid Ramona said "me" "yes" "okay one second" I said then finished putting on my earrings, grabbed some shoes and went downstairs.

"Oh Maya. Hi" I said putting the shoes on the floor and sitting down "hey" "did you call" "no I didn't think you would answer" "would you be surprised" "I guess not" "Maya what do you think being here is gonna get you because I definitely told him to just leave it at that" "I figured you'd be the most reasonable. I just need to talk to him and I know that's not gonna happen without at least getting you all off my case" "you're telling me there's a good reason you cheated on him" "no but I just need to talk" "uh I'm on my way to lunch if you want to meet us there" "yes please" "I'll send you the address I guess" "thank you" she said before leaving.

Haileys pov
"Hi" I said as Rory got in the Tesla and we drove off with her security behind us "hey. Is this new" "no Isaac got the detailing redone because the boys spilled something in the back" "oh okay. It's cute, the light blue" "thank you. Was Jacob home" "yes. We've been in his bed all day. Thank god his parents are finally gone" "is your loft finished" "yea" "okay good" "we're going to look at places the day after tomorrow" "exciting" "yup. Anything on um Ava. He asked me to ask you" "I mean there's really nothing to get. Isaac said he has people keeping track of her so I don't know" "okay" "has she showed up again or anything" "no so I guess that's good" "it is" "Summer still out of town right" "yea for the rest of the week so it's just us four" "okay. I feel so bad that I don't really know how to help him" she said about Leo "she said he's doing better that's why they're still there" "oh okay".

We got to the restaurant and followed the waiter to the table with Tess and Riley.
"Hey" Tess said to us "hey. How are you" "good. You guys" "not too bad. Isaacs grandmother came this morning" "came, like just showed up" "yup" "what for" Riley asked "just because I guess. She's an old woman with nothing else to do and the means to take any trip she wants" "that is true. You talked to Summer" Tess asked Riley "last night. She said it's going really well and that he said he's okay to come back" "did something happen" Rory asked "nope. I guess it just clicked" "I hope that's the case. It'll be good" "mhm".

"So you guys are gonna hate me" Riley said "why" I asked "I- well Maya stopped by" "at your house" "mhm. Said she needed to talk to him and to do that she needed to talk to us and I may have invited her" "you what" Tess asked "I know. She might be right, I can't be mean like you guys and I don't know, I just couldn't say no" "I don't really see what she thinks we want to hear" Tess said "true".

We waited less than ten minutes before she showed up.

"Hey" she said sitting on the empty seat "why are you here Maya" Tess asked, right to the point "he's not answering any of calls or texts and I'm not saying I don't know why but I at least want to know he's okay" "he's not and you knew that before sleeping with the same guy he asked you to distance yourself from" Rory said "well I asked him to do the same and that never changed" "and he never slept with me, never even tried. What did you think you were accomplishing" "nothing, I was wrong and I messed up and I just want to fix things with him" "I don't think trying to prove to us that you can handle being in a relationship without hurting him is the right step. You messed up big time and we were never even contemplating seeing if he would give you another chance" I said but my tone was much calmer than Rorys or Tess "we were going through a bad time in our relationship, it's not easy and I obviously handled the stress wrong but he's not perfect, not even close. He lied and kept secrets and I was so far down his list of priorities, I'm surprised he even noticed" "he put his father in the hospital" "Tess" Riley said "no. She's so worried about fucking secrets and priorities, here's some. His family is trying to kill him so he put his dad in the hospital with a small bullet wound and pounded his face in. He's not okay and hasn't been but he still found time to bring your sorry ass some flowers and asked us to check in when we could. We know damn well he's not perfect but you're pathetic for sitting here and bitching to us about how much attention he showed you" "I didn't know about his family" she said shamefully "I know, but you knew about your relationship and you still decided to fuck that up. You know what your problem was" "what" "you stopped caring about him a long time ago, you just cared that he didn't care about Rory" "that's not true. I tried to keep us in a good place but she always interfered" "don't try to save face. I never kissed him, I never tried to make a play at him, and we damn sure didn't fuck in the back of my car. He respected your relationship more than you think because trust me I'm not even one of the many girls that asked to go back to his penthouse or get a drink or hang out. One guy bats an eyelash at you and your friend gives you that dumbass plan and you fold. Don't make your shortcomings about me" "right, I forgot you were all perfect" "don't do that Maya. Try to play that pity game. He cared for you a lot and we tried. I mean we took you out of the damn country without even meeting you. You should've left this at 'I messed up and I'm sorry' because nothing else is going to work" I said "got it, I'm gonna go then" she said grabbing her purse and sliding her chair out to leave.

"I'm sorry if that ruined lunch" Riley said, she really was the nicest of us "nope I could still eat" Rory said and we agreed then we continued our conversations.

///

"Hey amor. How was lunch" Isaac said as I went into the room "well" "what happened" "Maya came to talk" "why" "I think she thought we would tell Gio to answer her. It was dumb" "hm. My dad said his dad is back home" "oh yea" "mhm. His jaw is wired shut, one of his eyes is swollen shut since Gio shattered the bone around it. His nose is pretty swollen too and he has an oxygen tank when he has trouble breathing" "so it's bad" "yea" "does Gio know he's home" "no. I'm gonna see him tonight though" "okay. Is your grandmother here" "nope, Lorenzo took her to see Sydney and the kids" "oh really" "mhm. Come here" he said smirking before I walked over to him.

Mayas pov
"Gio" I said looking up as he walked past me so I followed him to the elevator "what" he asked as we stood there "you haven't answered. I needed to see you" "here I am. Get the hell out of here" "I know you hate me but I swear I didn't mean to hurt you" "I don't hate you Maya, I'm just extremely tired of trying to be with you. We're done" "please don't say that. I'm so sorry okay. Whether we were in a good place or not I just didn't realize how good you were to me and I hate that I hurt you" "I wish you would've hated it before doing it. Coming here and crying to me about how sorry you are doesn't do anything to me. It doesn't make me remorseful or regretful or even more forgiving. You don't mean anything to me anymore" "you don't just stop loving someone like that" "I never said I loved you Maya and I'm glad I didn't. Go home" "Gio" "go home" he said again before getting on the elevator.

I got home and went straight to my room. At this point, I didn't care if my parents found out. There was nothing to know.
"Mija" dad said as I passed them in the living room and went straight to the stairs. I was crying so much I could barely see.

"Maya" Jas said opening the door a few minutes later "please go" "tell me what happened" "it didn't work, talking to Riley and them so I went to see him" "and. What did he say" she asked "he was glad he never said he loved me" I said since that part undoubtedly hurt me the most "I'm sorry" "I don't know what I was thinking and now I can't fix it" I sobbed before the door opened.

"Mija, what's going on with you. You've been cooped up in this room for days and now this" mom asked with dad behind her "I don't want to talk about it" "are you not eating again. Should we call the therapist or the doctor" "I'm fine" "you're not fine Maya" dad said "my boyfriend broke up with me" "boyfriend" "how long have you had a boyfriend" mom said after dad "a couple of years" "excuse me. I thought you were focusing on school" dad said "I can do both" "the last time you did both, you ended up in the hospital. Who is this boy" "it doesn't matter because we're over" "did you know" mom as Jas "yea but it wasn't for me to tell" "who is he Maya" dad asked "can you guys just give her a second" Jas said getting up and pushing them out of the room. I silently thanked her because I couldn't deal with their anger right now.

Gios pov
After I finished my own job I went to meet Ricky and Isaac as the hotel.

"Hey" I said closing the door to the office and sitting down "hey. How did it go" Isaac asked "fine" "so my dad says your father is home" "good for him" "meaning things still have a possibility of escalating" "okay" "how you feeling about that" Ricky asked "I don't really care. Maybe one of them should just do it" "were you hoping your father was the one to come after you" Isaac asked and I laughed a little "damn you for knowing me so well huh" "why" Ricky asked "just releasing some anger from all those years" "you knew it would start something with your family" "of course I did. Either I'll kill whoever comes after me or one of them will succeed and kill me first. Regardless of the outcome, someone wins right" "you mean regardless, you win" Isaac asked as they stared at me angrily and I couldn't help but let a smile creep to the corner of my lip then I stood up and poured myself a glass of scotch.

"What am I here for Isaac. I thought we had work to do, not some damn intervention" I asked "Harley and Drew's uncle have been meeting all week" he said "don't they work together now" "yea but they don't meet in the same place, security is extensive, and I'm starting to think that war we thought ended didn't" "you want me to find out what's going on" "I don't think it's gonna happen. Everything's pretty locked down. We need to make sure we're ready without alerting them that we're getting ready and I want you two to head that" "you're not" Ricky asked him "my aunts coming in a week and I have to make that my priority for now but I can help out where I'm needed" "okay" Ricky said "good" "you don't want Drew on this. I'm not exactly in the headspace right now" I asked "I'm kind of on the fence about Drew right now" "did he do something" Ricky asked "not really but ever since they came back from their honeymoon I've had a feeling" "did you ask Tess" "no. She made it very clear that she wanted this to be separate from her marriage so I'll respect it" "admirable of you" "sure, I just hope it doesn't bite us in the ass" Isaac said.

"I've gotta stop at my dads and head home" Ricky said after looking at his watch, it was getting kind of late "alright" "let me know when you've got time to talk about this" he said to me "I will" "okay, see you" he said before leaving.

"So what's really going on" Isaac asked "nothing" "Gio" "I mean the thing with my dad and then Maya and to top it off, she showed up at my place earlier but I'm just over everything" "Hailey did say she crashed their lunch" "she did" "yea. So what did she say to you" "she apologized. I told her it was over" "just like that, you're done" "I guess so" "no second thoughts" "don't act like we're not the same. You broke up with plenty of girls and just left your feelings at that" "not always" "well obviously not Hailey. Still doesn't exclude Kennedy, Isabella, Andrea even if they were just for the time being" "so Hailey was the one, yea. If we're the same then that applies to you too" "what are you talking about" I asked, but he hints at it every time we get into this "you're right. I've seen you go through girls like it was nothing and when you were done, you were just done. Noel and Maya obviously. But you and Rory have been broken up for over six years" "okay so we're friends" "no you're not. You broke up, but you're not just done with it and we both know that. Neither of you are" "she loves her boyfriend and I'm not in a place for a relationship" "so you're not denying that you both have feelings for each other" "I didn't say that" "okay. I'll believe you're friends when I see it" he said and I didn't answer.

///

Dixie's pov
"Come in" I said after the knock on my door "hey, dinner" Henry said holding a plate out as I sat up "don't tell me you came here to cook" "no, Danielle made this. I just came to check on you" "well thank you" "sure. How are you doing" "I don't know. Ashton cheated on me but this is so much harder to get past. I just can't help thinking that maybe he's back in North Carolina at her dorm right now or out for dinner or something" "well of course it's gonna be different. Your relationship was different" "or it's the fact that I wasn't dumb enough to give it up to Ashton but I gave everything I had in me to this relationship while he slowly fell in love with someone else" "don't say that. He's an idiot and you're gonna get over it" "that's what everyone keeps saying but here I am crying every night" "I'm sorry" "I really don't want to talk about it right now" "okay" he said nodding and not pushing it anymore.

"So you never did say why you and Sarah broke up" I said "it's been weeks, why are you asking now" "because I'd like to know I'm not the only disaster at relationships" "okay then. I started to realize she wasn't only jealous of you but of any girl I talked to or even saw. We were spending most of our time arguing and then Kaya called and said Sarah cursed her out for riding with me one day and that was the last straw" "Kaya's your god sister" "I guess she didn't know but it was too much to deal with" "hm. Well I did always tell you she was crazy" "true, you were right" "that makes me feel better" I said smiling for the first time in days "good. Glad I could help".

Haileys pov
"Buona sera mi amor" Isaac said walking up from behind me and kissing my cheek before sitting down "hey" "sorry I'm late" "you're not. I'm early" "everything okay" "yea just got ready faster than I thought" "well you look beautiful" "thank you. How was work" "it was alright. I had some meetings and then I was at the hotel for a few hours" "anything going on" "not sure yet love, I'm still looking into it. How was the rest of your day" "good, relaxing. Tomorrow when I get off from work you'll still be out right" "most likely yes, why" "I was just asking" I said before the waiter came back.

"Sorry for the wait, are we ready to order" he asked "yea. Go ahead love" Isaac said "can I have the surf and turf. Medium rare on the steak and no mushrooms please" "and for you sir" "the filé mignon. Medium rare. While we wait, we'll have the edamame and the crab cakes" "okay. I'll bring that right out" the man said taking the menus and walking off.

"Oh yea. Gio said Maya stopped by to see him" Isaac said pouring himself a glass of wine "she did. Today" "yea" "brave of her. What happened" "nothing, he told her he was done with it and she left" "feels like there was more to that conversation" I said as he laughed a little "what do you mean babe" "I don't believe that you asked and he just told you that and you went back to talking about work. Not when's he's been this bad" "right. We talked about it" "so you're not gonna tell me. Is he lying about being done" "no he's not but it's that principle that we talked about. There's things in his head he doesn't want to admit so it's nothing I'm at liberty to say yet" "so basically it's about Rory" I asked smiling a little bit "hm" "you're not the only person that can read the other in this relationship" "you pick things up very nicely Mrs. Castellano" "why thank you. Fine, since you didn't technically tell me, I won't say anything to Rory" "thank you love" "sure" I said then we got into a different topic.

///

Rorys pov
Today we were going to look at houses and I couldn't be more excited. I've never lived with anyone so of course I was nervous too but this meant we were past serious. It was starting to look like endgame. I smiled to myself just thinking about it before there was a knock on door.

"Hey baby" he said bending down to kiss me "hi" "ready" "yes I am" "how you feeling" "good" "good really because you look nervous baby" he teased with a wide smile "let's go" I said smiling before we left.

"How many are we looking at" I asked as we drove "just the three online we looked at. If none of them work out we'll look again" "okay. Thank you" "I didn't do much" "no I mean for this suggestion" "well I wish I could've just asked you to move in with me because I love you but I was worried with this going on, you'd think this was the only reason" "I don't think that. I love you too and I love that we're at this place in our relationship" "good because I don't want our relationship to be about our exes" "me neither and I'm sorry about everything going on" "it's not just you Veronica, don't apologize" he said squeezing my thigh as I blushed "I love you" "I love you too" he said as I smiled at him.

"This doesn't look too bad" I said as we pulled up to the house "mhm. Let's hope it's worth the price" he said with a small laugh before we got out.

"Hi, you must be Jacob" she said as we walked inside "yea. This is my girlfriend Rory" "hi" I said "it's nice to meet you both. It's a three bedroom two and a half bath. Fully furnished and the last renovations were completed a little over two years ago. This is the living room. This way is the kitchen and here's the dining area which is actually big enough to include a seating area" she explained as we followed her around downstairs. The house was gorgeous which was the only exception since it was over our budget. Granted, two out of the three homes were but I couldn't just pass them up.

Jacob asked a few questions about the property and something about the backyard and the neighbors then we went upstairs.

"The master bedroom is on this side of the hall. Two closets and a master bath. Dual sinks, just the shower, and a separate area for the toilet" she said as we looked around then went to the other two smaller rooms and the bathroom which were decent.

"You said you weren't sure about pets. Does that apply since we're leasing out" I asked "it does and I checked with the property managers and they don't allow pets" "that's disappointing" "Titus could stay with my sister" Jacob said "it's your dog too, no. The house was beautiful but it's not for us" I said "understandable" "thank you and thank you for meeting with us" "of course. Have a good day" "you too" Jacob said then we left.

"You didn't have to do that" he said as we pulled off "the house is for the both of us and it makes no sense to get one that doesn't work for both of us. The other houses are pet friendly so we'll decide between those or look again" "we're going right back to your loft after this" "good".

The next two houses were good picks. The last one was our obvious choice. It was beautiful and spacious and didn't need any fixing. The neighborhood was great and in an optimal area to commute to both of our jobs. However it was the other one that was out of our budget so we decided to think about it before making a decision.

Riley's pov
"Hey how is your mom" I asked as Ricky came in the room "she's good. We had a long talk" "about" I asked "everything. Work and family" "you okay" "yea just everything recently made me realize that I don't want to wait for things to feel right. That I might not always get that luxury and one thing I know I'm sure about is you Riley" "what's going on" "I left my parents and went straight to buy this. Things have always felt right with you. From the second you agreed to let me take you out, I knew where this was going. I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So, will you marry me Riley" he said as I looked down at the black box sitting on the bed then lunged at him.

"Yes, yes, a million times yes Ricky. I love you" I said as his arms wrapped around me "good because I almost shit myself on the way here. Let me see your hand" he said letting me sit back and grabbing the ring "it's beautiful" I said bringing my hand closer to my face to get a closer look then holding it out again "I'm glad you think so" "what did she say that made you do this" "nothing in particular but with Gios situation and all the death we are exposed to, none of us are promised tomorrow so I didn't want to spend another day waiting. I'm the happiest I'll ever be when I'm with you" "so am I. Everything's gonna be okay baby. All you guys do is stress, but you have each other. I've never seen people less related act like such brothers" "yea" "we have time baby okay" "wait to make it clear I'm not just proposing because of that. I want to marry you" "I know Ricardo" I said smiling before I kissed him.

"Do you want dinner first or" "dinner can definitely wait" he said kissing my neck a few times before I laid on my back.
He stood up to take off his clothes too before sitting between my legs.

I moaned as he pressed his thumb to my clit and moved it in circles. His other hand squeezed my hips as I started to squirm.
He moved his fingers along my folds pushing two of them into me.

"Yes, baby" I moaned as he moved them inside of me perfectly and then leaned forward "you're so fucking beautiful baby. Tell me what you need" "you. Please don't tease me" I half begged before he pulled his fingers out and slowly licked them clean them while still face to face with me, he slammed into me. My mouth fell open and my eyes rolled back as he stayed pressed against my gspot.

"Fuck, you're so wet baby" he moaned as moved inside of me and held my hips as my legs rested over his thighs "don't stop" I moaned shakily as I grabbed his wrists. Not longer after that I orgasmed, moving my hips and squeezing my walls around him as I did so.

He bent down kissing me as his pace slowed then pulled me to sit up with him. He leaned back on one hand while the other stayed on my thigh and slapped my ass.
"Fuck Riley, keep going" he moaned as he leaned back to his elbows and watched how I moved. I put my hands on his chest as he laid all the way back.

"Oh my god" he moaned lifting me off of him then I grabbed his length and put the tip to my tongue. I let all of his cum leak into my mouth before I swallowed it.

"Did you tell your mom you were getting this" I asked as we laid down after our shower "no. I figured she would have a speech about it" "she'll probably take it into her own hands to plan a party" "that is true. When we tell people I can tell her to back off baby" "no. I love your mom really but I don't usually need the reminder that I'm not good enough for you" "well you are so don't let that get into your head" "I won't" "good" he said kissing my forehead.

///

Haileys pov
"Hi" Rory said opening my bedroom door "hey. Good morning" "morning. Is Denise making breakfast" "yea. Did she see you come in" "yea" "alright" I said before I moved over so she could get in the bed with me.

"Where's Isaac" she asked as if she forgot but I know she's teasing "downstairs. Should be coming back up" "okay" "how was it yesterday" "oh really good. We were out for like 10 hours but we found a place we like so that's something" she said as the door opened again.
"Oh I knew I heard someone stomping around downstairs" Isaac teased "so funny" "I know. Denise said breakfast is almost finished" he said grabbing a tshirt from his drawer "okay" I said.
"So what's the matter with the house" I asked Rory to pick up our previous conversation "nothing. It's amazing it's just over our budget so we're still deciding" "you have a realtor or you're just meeting with property managers" Isaac asked "property managers" "give me their number I'll reach out, try to get you a lower price" "I don't wanna bother you with it. It's not too much over, we'll figure it out. Plus I have a feeling you'll end up paying and I really really don't want you to" "it's not a bother. Just give me the number" "and the money" she asked "I won't give them a cent, scouts honor" he teased "you weren't a scout dumbass" "fine then, giuro" "okay. I'll send it to you. Thank you" "you're welcome" he said before Denise opened the door to tell us breakfast was ready.

After we ate Isaac went to change into his suit per usual then went in his office.
"So. I'm late" I said to Rory when I was sure he was gone "you're what" "late. Six days" "did you take a test" "no, too nervous" "you should. Do you have one here" "no I'd have to get some" "is this a bad thing before I get excited" "it wouldn't be bad at all but pregnant means a kid and oh my god" "yea. Does Isaac know" "not at all and I'm not gonna say anything until I know for sure" "makes sense. You can come by tomorrow and take it at my loft" "yea I think I'll do that" "I'll buy the tests then" "okay, thank you" "no problem. Don't freak out yet okay" "yea" I said smiling a little.

///

"Going somewhere love" Isaac asked as I walked into his office "yea, I was gonna go to Rorys for a little bit" "okay. I meant to call her but can you let her know I got the price down from 3.2 to 1.5" "really" I asked "yea. Took some convincing but it's all set she should be calling sometime today or tomorrow" "okay. Thank you for doing all this for her" "baby, I'll always do everything I can for the people you care about. Get it" "I got it. I love you" "I love you too. Also, don't get anything for dinner I'm gonna stay in and cook for you tonight" "any reason" I asked "nope I just feel like treating you" "you've been extremely insistent about dates" "just because I don't want you to feel like I'm putting work first at all" "I don't. I'll be back before dinner" "good. Be careful love" "I will" I said kissing him and leaving.

"Hey, how you feeling" Rory asked letting me inside "not too bad, still no period" "good thing I have this" she taking the pregnancy test off of the counter "right" "come on come on" she said excitedly as I followed her to the bathroom.

"Stay, I don't want to look at it" I said "okay. So if you are, when will you tell him" "I have no idea" I said sitting down as she handed me the test "okay it says to hold it in the urine for 8-10 second" "alright" I said.

I gave her the test and cleaned up and washed my hands before sitting back down.
"Well" I asked "you're pregnant" "are you serious Rory, please don't be playing" "look" she said turning it to me "I'm pregnant" I said as my smile started to grow "congratulations" she said hugging me "thank you" "gonna tell him when you get home" "I mean I could tell him tonight, he's cooking dinner" "he is how cute" "yea so this will be nice to add to it" "you're gonna be a mom" she said playfully pouting as we left the bathroom "I still have months" "your moms are gonna be very excited" "I kmow. Anna's been asking about it every week" "it's so sweet how close you two are" "I know, she's amazing" "are you that close with Simon" "not close but he's a great father in law" "must be nice" "you don't get along with Jacobs parents" "I do but I'm not close with them. Even when you and Isaac were just dating, you were very close" "true. Maybe it's just because they're far. Speaking of though, Isaac said he talked to the property manager and got the price down to 1.5" "from 3.2. What the hell did he say" "I didn't ask but I would just take it" "I definitely will and I will talk to Jacob too" "okay".

///

Dixie's pov
Well turns out being heartbroken and horny don't make a great mix so I put on a short dress, put on some makeup, took a shot of scotch from my dads alcohol cabinet and took an Uber to campus for a frat party.

"Hey. Nice to see you back with civilization" Natalie said as I joined her "something like that. What's this" I asked as she gave me her cup "vodka" "great" "how are you" "I don't really want to talk about it" "you sure" "I just want to know what he's doing. Like was this all for nothing and he's not even with her or is he miserable too or maybe he's just sleeping around with the local campus slut" I rambled before finishing off off her cup "wow that's something. Well it's been some time, we're gonna get some alcohol in you and there's a great cure for a break up" "what" I asked "getting laid of course. Come on" she said dragging me to the kitchen.

"Hi Alex" she said as we reached a man by the drinks "hey Natalie" "this is Dixie" "nice to meet you" he said "yea you too" "want some tequila, I just opened it" he said to us "sure" "and vodka, I'm trying to get her to have fun" Natalie added.
"Alright, shot of tequila and a cup of vodka" he said sitting each in front of us and I immediately took the shot, what the hell right "okay then" she said before following suit.

We danced and drank for hours and I was pretty much out of my mind by now. I left Natalie to use the bathroom but I started thinking of why I'm here anyways and then all of sudden the phone was ringing in my ear.

"Hello" Damon said and I cursed myself "um hi" "everything alright" "I really don't know why I called. Well I do. Did it mean anything to you" "what" "us" "you know it did Dixie. I love you" "well you can't be in love with different people" "I wish I never lost you, I messed up" he said quickly and slightly quieter than the rest of his sentences "right" "is that what you're calling for. We can work it out" "I don't know what I thought I would accomplish honestly. I've just been thinking about where we'd be if things were different. Maybe I wanted to know if you were hurting as much as I was" "of course I am. I miss you" he said and I wasn't really sure what to say but we all know the universe slaps me in the face with an answer every time.

"Who's that" a girl said and it sounded like she got closer to him "coach. I'll be right back" he answered.
"Are you still there" he asked and I laughed "you love me and you miss me but there's a girl in your room. Pretty much sums up our relationship" "that's not what it sounded like. Sure I didn't sit around waiting for your call but that doesn't change how I feel" "that was her, wasn't it" "Dixie" "don't lie to me Damon, I just want some kind of closure like I didn't end this for nothing" "it- it is Ella but we're not really together" "is that another lie or your way of getting what you want without looking like a complete ass" "it just happened okay" "god I knew I'd regret drinking. I'm sorry for bothering you" I said before hanging up.

I cried for about five minutes before my phone rang again.
"You still uh the bathroom" Natalie asked "um yea" "okay this is me" she said then knocked so I let her in and hung up.

"What's wrong" she asked "everything. I just feel so miserable and like I shouldn't because I'm the one that broke up with him but maybe in reality it was over long before I saw" "don't say that" "I called him" "why" "I thought hearing how bad he was doing might help" "did it" "she's in his room so I guess he's doing just fine" "okay that's enough. We're getting you fixed up and you're gonna stop thinking about him for one night, at least the rest of it" she said wetting a napkin and cleaning up my mascara for me. She reapplied it as well as some lipgloss then we left the bathroom.

I guess it was starting to work. We talked to a few guys here and there until I kind of got lost in conversation with one. Granted, he kind of looked like Damon, but he was still interesting.

"So you're a junior" he asked "yea, you" "same. I'm a film major so you've probably never seen me" "it's a big campus. You probably haven't seen me either" "no but some of my friends have, you're kind of a big deal" "how so" "well how could you not be. You're even more beautiful than those idiots describe" "you make it sound like I have some sort of a fan base" I said laughing a little "I don't know about that but I will say this night took a turn for the better. At least for me" "me too" "I was actually gonna head back to my dorm. Maybe you could walk me" "you want me to walk you. Then who's gonna walk me back" "you don't have to come back. The bed is big enough for two" "alright then" I said holding out by hand before he took it. I let Natalie know then we left.

"Do you have a roommate" I asked as we got inside "no just me. I was supposed to but he dropped out last minute" "hm, nice" "you don't live on campus do you" "nope" "okay" he said sitting down with me. He put his hand on the inside of my thigh as he leaned over to kiss me. I was hesitant, of course, the last man I kissed my boyfriend of about three years.
"Relax" he said putting his hand on my cheek and into my hair before he kissed me again. I pulled away for a second, I'm not really a one night stand type of girl but how would I know I don't like it when I lost my virginity to Damon right. Before we could kiss again, his phone rang. A picture of him and a girl behind the contact name 'babygirl' with a heart emoji. Yea, I was sure one night stands weren't my thing.

"You have a fucking girlfriend" I said pushing him back before he grabbed my wrists "I'm sorry for lying but I still want you" "that's the problem. I don't sleep with taken men and you're a fucking asshole for trying to get me into bed when you know you shouldn't" I said getting up then he stood and grabbed my waist.

"Just stay okay, you're not cheating on anyone" he said pulling me back to the couch and I lost my balance and fell into him "let go of me" I struggled to say as I pushed against his chest but it didn't do anything. He practically slammed onto the couch and the back of my head hit the arm of it so it started to hurt a bit.

"Just stop fighting me" he said harshly as he grabbed my wrists very tightly and put his knee into my lower body to keep me still "please don't do this" I begged since that's all I could do at this point. He completely ignored me though and just ripped the top of my dress in half.
He bent down, slamming his lips so hard into mine it would definitely leave a bruise. The weight of his body kept me there enough so he put one hand over my mouth and the other still held my wrists as he kissed and bit all over my chest.

"Fuck" he said angrily as I bit his hand to make him jump back then tried to roll off the couch. It didn't work. He just grabbed my hair and pulled me back. He slapped me before wrapping his hands around my neck and choking me. I slapped and pushed as his arms but he just stared down at me until he was ready to let go.
I coughed vigorously to catch my breath when he finally did.
"Behave and I won't hurt you Dixie" he said quickly undoing his zipper and bending down to kiss me. I finally got one leg loose so I kneed him in his balls which I could tell hurt. He grabbed my neck again and leaned very close to my face.
"You fucking bitch, I will kill you" he spat into my crying face as he choked me. I reached my hands out around me until I picked up a small fake potted plant in a small wooden box. I smashed it against his head and the first time he loosened his grip but didn't stop so I did it again and he fell off the side of the couch and I scrambled to the other side of the room.

Blood sat on my tear filled face and shaky hands and body as I watched the pool beneath him continue to grow. Oh my god.

Haileys pov
We were mostly relaxing until he had to start dinner which was already late but we're used to eating at 11. I could tell he was exhausted so it was heart warming that he offered to do this. I may have already gotten ahead of myself and booked an OB appointment a week and a half from now, their first available one. Rory said if Isaac was busy she would come especially since I have no idea what his schedule is and I probably should've told him first.

A little bit after he went downstairs, my phone rang.
"Hey Dixie" I said "please come get me" she sobbed making me sit up quickly "what's wrong" "he's not moving. Please" she said again then some more incoherent rambling "Dixie, slow down. Tell me where you are" "dorms" was all she could say before she cried again "it's okay. Can you tell me what happened" "I think he's dead" "who's dead" "Hailey please" "okay, we're coming. Just stay where you are" I said getting up "okay" "I'm gonna hang up alright" "mhm" she said shakily before I did and rushed downstairs.

"Isaac" I shouted "kitchen" "Isaac. We need to go to the college" "NYU? Is something wrong" "Dixie said someone's dead and she was crying. She said she was in a dorm" "who's dead" he asked turning off the stove and I followed him upstairs "she didn't say" "fuck" he mumbled grabbing his phone and putting it on speaker. He gave it to me then started moving around the room, between the bathroom and closet too as I followed.

"Hello" Gio said "where are you" Isaac asked "the club. Picking up my bag and heading home" "stay there. I'm coming to get you" "for what" "Dixies as NYU, said someone's dead" "in that case, come get me from my place. I'll grab some things" "alright. I'll be there in twenty so hurry up" "yea" he said hanging up.

Isaac grabbed a gun and some money and some rags.
"Get something she could wear if she needs to change" he said "okay" I said going to my drawer and grabbing sweats and a tshirt.

We went to Gios and he got in the back with a backpack.
"So who's dead" he asked as Isaac sped off "she never said. She sounded scared" I said "did she-" "I don't know. Here babe" I said handing him my phone with the directions to her location.

Isaac waited for someone to go inside then caught the door before it closed.
"Hey, what room are you in" I asked as she answered the phone again "28F" she said and I repeated it to them before we went up.

I knocked softly and opened the door. The first thing we saw was the boys lifeless body lying in a pool of blood. I turned my head and Dixie sat against the wall crying. Her dress was torn, her hair was messed up, and upon closer inspection I could tell various parts of her body were bruised up.

"Dixie" I said putting my hand under her chin and turning her face away from the body. There was blood splattered all over her face, hand, and chest. Her lip was bruised too.
"He was gonna kill me" she said looking up and I could feel Isaacs anger grow as we caught sight of the hand print of bruises wrapped around her neck "it's okay. I'm gonna clean you up and we're gonna go" I said taking a rag from him and going to the bathroom.

When I came back, he and Gio were already going to work. They put gloves on and wiped everything that she could've touched before standing over the body.
"What do you wanna do" Isaac asked Gio "we'll try to get him to hit his head exactly where she did on this corner of the table" he said "alright. Did you bring pills" "yea" Gio said taking a pill bottle and water bottle out of his bag. He cursed them up on the table and put them into the water before shaking it up. He and Isaac took a couple of minutes to get the whole bottle into his system. Then they stood up and grabbed the boys arms.

It only took them one try and the boys head hit the table and he fell back into the pool of blood.
"Dixie" Isaac said before she looked up "yea" "you hit him with this" he asked holding a small square fake plant "mhm" "okay. Did anyone see you come in together" "no" "wanna take her to change so we can get out of here babe" he asked me "yea. Ready to get up" I asked and she nodded. We went into the bathroom and I helped her get the dress off, it wasn't hard since it was torn down to her waist. I figured I'd wait until tomorrow or something to ask what happened, I just knew she couldn't handle it right now.

I guided her out of the dorm room, making sure to block her sight of the body then Isaac came out with us.
"Take her to the car, we'll be out in a minute" he said handing me the key "okay. Please be quick, we should get her to the house" "I will, love. Keep your heads down" he said kissing me before we left.

I started the car then got in the back with her. Except for her sniffles, it was silent and then she fell asleep on the way to Gios penthouse.

"I have all the stuff and I'll deal with everything. Call me if you need me" Gio said "alright. Thank you" "yea" he said looking over at her before getting out.

"I got her love, get the door please" he said getting out and picking her up. We went upstairs and he took her to our bed.

"You okay" I asked as we left the room "she's been having such a hard time and now this. I knew her life wouldn't be easy but one thing I always wanted to protect her from was the feeling you get after taking a life. It breaks you and I hate seeing her so broken" "I know. You can't protect her from things you can't control" "I should've. I should've made Henry stay with her at all times and maybe that fucking prick wouldn't have tried to hurt her" "okay, calm down. She's going to be okay. Just try to make sure this doesn't become a bigger problem and I'll try to keep her as the sweet little sister you remember" "I've gotta call my dad" "okay" I said kissing and hugging him before I went into the room.

I sat on the edge of the bed and just kind of watched her. Her sleep looked painful, her eyes were screwed shut and her hands were squeezed into fists.
Almost ten minutes later, she opened her eyes and jumped.

"I'm right here, it's okay. You can go back to sleep" "I wanna shower" she said "you sure" "I feel disgusting" "okay. I'll get some clothes, go ahead and get in" I said then she nodded and went to the bathroom.

I went in after I heard the water on to leave some clothes for her.
"Can you stay" she asked "of course" I said sitting on the counter and waiting. She must've just wanted the company because she didn't say a word. She showered and got out. I left as she started changing.

"She awake" he asked as I got into the hall "yea. I can take her to a guest room" "no she can stay there. I've got some things to do and probably won't even get to bed tonight" "your parents" "I just said she was sleeping and he said they'll be over first thing in the morning. Did she say anything" "no and I don't think I'll ask tonight" "okay. Text me if you need something" he said then I nodded and went back to the room.

She was already laying down so I changed into shorts and a tank top then laid with her. I mostly just stared at her many bruises as she laid on me and went to sleep.
I touched my stomach and sighed. I couldn't imagine having to comfort a child through something like this. Seeing Dixie like this broke my heart already. I would tell Isaac another time, just right now wasn't a good time.

///

I slept for about three hours then woke up when the sun shone through our open blinds. She was still knocked out so I quickly went to shower myself since I didn't the night before.

"Hailey" I heard a panicked Dixie say as I pulled my sweats on so I went back into the room "hey, I'm right here. It's okay" I said softly before she nodded and laid back down. I finished up in the bathroom before going to lay with her again.

"How bad is it" she asked about the bruises on her neck, bad, I wanted to say but that wouldn't help "could be worse" "so bad. I thought going to that party would help get my kind off of Damon but of course I called him and he was with Ella at one of their dorms. Getting laid seemed like a good idea until I found out he has, had a girlfriend. He wouldn't let me leave. He just kept pulling and pushing and hitting and choking me. I thought he was gonna kill me and I didn't know what else to do but I didn't mean to kill him. I didn't mean to" she sobbed, getting progressively worse through her statement "you had to protect yourself. If you didn't, maybe we would've gotten a very different call last night. No one's upset, we were just extremely worried" "I just watched him bleed out and there was nothing I could do" "I know and I know you were scared but everything is going to be okay, I promise" I said but she didn't believe me.

"Your parents are here, do you want to see them" I asked after a minute "downstairs" "yes" "can we go" "of course. Come on" I said getting up then she slowly followed. She stayed pretty attached until we got downstairs and their conversation came to a complete stop which obviously made her more nervous.
"It's okay" I assured to try to get her to relax.

"Bella, come here" Simon said in the softest tone I've ever heard then she went over and fell into his arms. He kissed the top of her head and hugged her tightly before Anna joined them. She cried and cried and they didn't let go until she stopped.
"Honey" Anna said as they looked at her bruises, they were worse than they were last night. She gave them a short version of what happened, an even shorter version than she gave me and they continued to comfort her.

"Did you talk to her" Isaac asked as we walked off "yea" "and" "it's not good but I'm trying" "do you mind if she stays here" "not at all. It's totally fine" "good. I asked Denise to start breakfast because you haven't since lunch yesterday" "thank you. I think I'll go see how it's going" "okay" he said with a small smile before I walked past the stairs to the kitchen.

"Denise" "I'm sorry Hailey, I know you must be hungry" "no please don't rush yourself. I um, well you're kind of trained for everything right" "I was a nurse so somethings yea" "pregnancies" I asked quietly and her eyes got bigger "are you" "I am but no one knows yet except for Rory" "when will you tell him" "I was going to yesterday but not anymore with so much going on. As soon as it dies down" "are you sure" "yes, I don't want to add anything else to his plate" "okay. I'll make smoothies instead of coffee then" "thank you" I said smiling before joining everyone else.

I sat with Isaac while Simon did his best to get information out of her without causing a breakdown then we sat for breakfast.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3 By kellihuffman4

Mystery / Thriller

521 15 14
A young girls family gets murdered and she is forced to go live in New York where things only get worse. When she meets Steven things become heated f...
40.9K 1.4K 20
Read to find out luv. β€’ Read it in dark mode for a better experience. β€’ The pictures that are used aren't mine, if the owner to them does not want m...
1.1K 34 21
a romance which ends in a sudden tragedy. - disclaimer : contains sexual context enjoy reading you horny fuckers 😼
THE CARNELLS By Chayma

General Fiction

86.4K 4.7K 104
My severe brother 2 Enjoy ❀️