Ice Cold

Oleh InvisibleLantern

Shouto Todoroki x [Female] Reader ••• Ice cold. An adjective often used for the one and only Y/N, a young gir... Lebih Banyak

Before we do anything...
Prologue
The Big Three
An Outing
Entrance Exams
The First Day
Hero Basic Training
Different
USJ
The World of Pros
The Sports Festival Begins!
Obstacle Course
Cavalry Battle
Gifted
Big Sister
Emotionless
Suspicions
Hosu
The Final Exams
Shouto
Attachment
The Training Camp
Training
Vanguard Action Squad
Rescue
Breaking Free
Smile
Symbol of Peace
UA Dorms
Missing
Neglecting
Redemption
Fight
Recover
Memories Lost in Time
Pre-Exam
Provisional License Exams
Room Presentation
The Fears that Hold Us
Fire
Fault
Traitor
Christmas Special
Power of a Quirk
Emotions
Past
Bullets
Habits
Quirks: A Gift and a Curse
Heroes Cry
Unrivalled
Pain
Tears
A Reason to Stay
Remedial Exams
The School Festival
Hobbies
The Past
Open Up
Guilt
Fighting Against Memories
Connections
Enchanting
Aster
A Familiar Face
One
Trust
A Feeling
Unready Bodies
The Past Never Dies
Vie
Lies
Family Ties
Morals
Return
The UA Traitor
Class 1A
Crush
Forget
Battle
Brothers
Redeemable
Puppet
Grow
Breaking
Unhealed Wounds
Words
Tears
Soulmates
Guidance
The Dead
Ghosts
Friendship
Warmth
Life and Death
Hero
Love
Whales
Epilogue

Shie Hassaikai

1.9K 61 7
Oleh InvisibleLantern

"Y/N... Y/N!"

You blinked and looked up, seeing Shindo in his uniform for the cafe. "Sorry, what did you need?" You pulled your earbud out.

"I didn't need anything. You've just been drinking melted ice for the past five minutes."

You looked down at your drink, which was originally bubble tea, and saw that you were indeed drinking water. "Ah..." With a snap, it set fire for a moment and turned to water. "I'll just continue doing that."

He glanced at your computer, which just had a five sentence long email with four other tabs open: Netflix, Crunchyroll, Funimation, and Spotify. Well, I don't know what I was expecting. He chuckled and took your cup of water. "You're not drinking melted ice."

"Why?"

"You can't tell that it tastes different from normal water?"

You sighed and looked back at your computer. "Do what you want." You typed away at your computer without saying anything more. However, you felt eyes on you.

"...Shindo, I'll just go now." You put your laptop in your bag and bowed your head before leaving.

It's not that you sensed any danger, it's just that you were uncomfortable. With earbuds in, you couldn't hear people whispering about you, but you always knew it was happening.

"Why is she here?"

"The heroes should've arrested her."

"Isn't she the daughter of All For One?"

You wanted to say you didn't care, but you did. You did want to be hero. But, at the same time, you knew so little about yourself. You couldn't remember what your mom looked like, what friends you had when you were small, who your relatives were, what your hobbies used to be... what your smile looked like..

After a short sigh, you got to the school building and walked into the school.

There were no classes that day since it was the weekend so there was no students and you walked into your room. You sat at your desk and continued the email you were writing, though it was nearly done.

After about an hour, you were already in casual clothes by then. Not because you were finished with your work but because combat boots and fire-resistant clothing wasn't the most comfortable attire.

"The door's unlocked." You said to whoever was at the other side of the door. Once you placed your foot on the ground and felt the energy of the person on the other side, you knew exactly who it was. And you weren't surprised.

"You seem to check on me frequently." You stated upon hearing the door open.

Shouto walked up to your desk and placed a mug of coffee in the coaster. "Is the cardigan new?" You glanced at the nearly full mug of coffee and sipped it before answering. "It is, actually. Mina bought it for me."

"It's only 3:00. You seem tired."

"Only a bit. I'm finished a majority of my work. Is there something you need?"

He shook his head and turned to leave. The door closed and you sighed, staring into the coffee Shouto made for you. It was just like you liked it. How did he even know?

•••

Late at night, you walked outside with your phone in hand.

The date was set.

You sat at the steps, your phone now turned off and you stared straightforward into the night. It was quiet. Yet, while it was a perfect setting to begin thinking about whatever you needed to, your mind was blank.

There was a sense of dread in your chest, but you didn't know why.

Just... that intuition of not going somewhere or not doing something because something bad was going to happen.

You picked up a rock and began orbiting it around your hand. You stood up and brushed off your pants before walking inside. There was never that sort of dread in your chest before with anything. Was it related to the puppet quirk?

Whatever it was, it was not a nice feeling.

•••

"Hello?"

You snapped out of your daze and looked up. "Yes?"

"Well, it's nothing really, you just seem out of it." Fat Gum said. "You heard everything, right? You didn't even look like you were listening."

You nodded and looked away. That sense of dread didn't go away and you could barely sleep. Maybe it was because of the coffee in the middle of the day?

"Also, did you sleep at all last night?"

Yes, quite the mind reader. "I got enough to focus today. It shouldn't affect my performance during the mission."

Eri was being held at the Shie Hassaikai's headquarters. If you weren't doing your job close to perfectly, if not perfectly, then it could be the difference between a child's freedom or her end.

•••

You stared at the building where Eri was supposedly being kept.

"We know where they're headed, but if they're any good at using their quirks, it'll be hard work. On that note, we have a list of these Hassaikai punks' registered quirks. As many as we could figure out anyways. Drill them into your heads!"

You looked down at the paper in your hand. None of the quirks seemed to work well together in your eyes, but that does depend on the people using these quirks.

"Wow, you seem so calm!" Kirishima said to you. You shrugged and set fire to the paper you were given, letting it burn to ash and scatter across the road beneath your feet.

The only thing you were really worried about.. was that you might run into the League of Villains in there.

"Heroes. They're probably gonna put up a fight. So if you spot any one of them resisting or trying something funny, I'm counting on you guys dealing with it! We're up against a mafia group that's somehow survived until now, so don't let your guard down for a second. Get in there and do what you've gotta do!"

You knelt down and pressed your hand against the ground. Eri was likely too far away from you to feel her energy, but you were close enough to feel something rapidly coming towards the gate as the head officer rang the doorbell.

"Away from the door!" You jumped and let a strong gust of wind bring you towards the door. You raised both of your hands and a large wall formed in front of you, just as the gate to the headquarters was blown off its hinges.

"Nice thinking." Ryukyu said. "The rest of you go on! The Ryukyu Agency will handle this!"

You clenched your fist, watching the wall before you crumble. "Three opponents ahead!"

"Y/N, open that metal door!" Fat Gum instructed.

You nodded and ran ahead, sinking underground and appearing in front of the door a few seconds later. You struck the door with the palm of your hands and it dented, letting you use them as handles and rip the doors off the hinges.

"You can't just send it flying like you do with rocks and stuff?" Kirishima asked.

"Metal is a bit more strong-willed than the rocks you mention."

"'Strong-willed'?"

Everyone ran inside, but something definitely felt off. You took off your shoes and placed them next to the door. "Are you really using the curtesy of taking off your shoes?" Rock Lock questioned.

"I'm trying to use my senses to the fullest. I only sensed a few people nearby, at least on the same level as us. Chisaki seems to be using his followers as bait so he can get away, since I don't sense him on this floor. Quite loyal, his followers are."

"Loyalty? Cut the crap!" Kirishima snapped. "Leaving the rough stuff to your followers while you get away isn't manly at all!"

Well, that doesn't seem to be his intent here.

"Here." Nighteye said, walking up to a built in shelf. "There should be a mechanism that opens up the way down."

"Hold on." You stepped in front of Nighteye and put your hand on the wall. "They're waiting."

Everyone stepped back while Nighteye felt around for a way to open the way down. "Bubble Girl, Centipeder, be ready to attack and capture."

Then it opened and three villains came through. "Like hell you're getting past- Whoa!" Centipeder and Bubble Girl quickly overpowered them and the rest of you ran down.

Upon the sight of the darkness, you stopped and stomped your foot on the ground. "Hold still." Everyone froze and you were quiet for a second. "There's a dead end this way!"

"There's no other way to go." Mirio ran ahead of you. "I'll check it out!"

"Don't bash through it just yet." You put your arm in front of Kirishima and Midoriya and let Mirio look through. "This wall's the only thing in our way! It's a thick one, though."

"Y/N, why don't you-"

"I think they're a bit ahead of me."

Midoriya and Kirishima smashed through the wall and the rubble and debris froze midair. "Heads up would be nice." And they all dropped.

Then, the floor began to feel... almost soft. No, not soft.. it began to shift, as if they were waves. You stumbled forward and into Tamaki's back. "Dammit.."

Fat Gum took your shoulder and pulled you to your feet again. "Y/N, where's the guy controlling it?"

"I don't know. This.. isn't earth anymore. It may be made of the stone from earth, but if I try to sense where anyone is, all I'll get is the guy that's possessing the area." You stumbled again and Mirio gripped your shoulders.

You tried feeling the energy of the people in the facility, but all you got was the mischievous spirit of the owner of this strange possession quirk.

"You can't cancel it out, Erasure?" Fat Gum asked.

"I need the physical body first."

Oh, you'll get a dead body if this guy doesn't quit it.

Tamaki watched the walls with horror in his eyes. "If this keeps up, we'll never reach the target in time! Meanwhile, the bad guys have all the time in the world! What are we doing? We gotta be quick.. no, we're not going to make it..."

You stood on your feet, both you and Mirio looking at each other, then back at Tamaki.

"How can we even think of saving that girl when we're totally doomed?"

"Tamaki!" Mirio walked past you and Tamaki. "This isn't like you! You're Suneater, afterall! We can make it! As long as we know where the target is, we can get there! I can make it!"

"Mirio..!"

Everyone watched Mirio disappear behind the wall.

"Gah!" The floor suddenly gave in and you landed on Fat Gum. "Sorry." You got up and looked at the dust drifting in the air with three figures forming in the middle. "No need for the drama, no one's recording you." You swiped your hand and the dust disappeared.

"Wow... you don't seem very scared for people who just fell from the sky."

What?

"Life's full of surprises, isn't it?"

You opened the pouch of water that you keep on your belt, ready to whip it out, but Tamaki walked up. "You pros and your power are essential for the mission! As for these guys that are slowing us down... I can handle them!"

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

15.9K 942 40
You stood for spring and just like the season, you came and went. That's what you were for him: a time of warmth that he didn't appreciate the first...
21.5K 985 11
( shoto todoroki x reader ) for a boy with an ice quirk, shoto todoroki's hand is pleasantly warm to touch BNHA / COMPL...
traitor. Oleh MIKANN--

Fiksi Penggemar

148K 9.3K 20
- in which the traitor of u.a unintentionally falls for a certain half n half aspiring hero who seems to be on to the them. | female!reader x todoroki
268K 7.4K 28
(Todoroki Shoto x reader) Y/n is a girl with a bad past. But that doesn't keep her down. She's powerful, friendly and confident...