His Spider (Ciel x Male Reade...

By Oliver812

(M/N) is a child and current Earl of the Adelai family and is also cousin to Alois Trancy. What happens when... More

Introductions
Chapter I : Chance Encounter
Chapter II : The Enemy of My Enemy
Chapter III : The Invitation
Chapter IV : Into The Spider's Den
Chapter V : Danse Macabre (Part 1)
Chapter V : Danse Macabre (Part 2)
Chapter VI : Kneel Afore Me (Re-Written)
Chapter VII : Aftermath
AUTHOR NOTE
Chapter VIII : Fire at Adelai Manor
Explanation (Changed)
IMPORTANT
Chapter IX : Retrieving The Past
Chapter X: Azel
Chapter XI: Brothers
Chapter XII: Old Friend
Chapter XIII: A Walk With Ciel
Q&A!
Chapter XIV : Ship Has Sailed
Chapter XV: The Gates of Hell
Chapter XVI: Knights
Chapter XVII: Dark Hallway
Chapter XVIII: Confessions
Chapter XIX: Execution
Chapter XX: A New Case
Chapter XXI: Circus
Chapter XXII: Newsboy
Chapter XXIV: Searching for Clues
Chapter XXV: Suffocation

Chapter XXIII: Just Another Day

1.1K 47 13
By Oliver812

Ciel's POV

Ah. Marvelous. Another day in this Hell hole... well, at least we're making progress... Sebastian and I found a few more pieces to the puzzle last night and we're coming closer to uncovering the secrets of this place. I left a letter telling (Y/N) of how we're doing and what needs to be done outside of the confines of this damned circus. I truly do envy the fact that he can go home and enjoy the luxuries of Trancy Manor, meanwhile I have to stay here and sleep in a tent, surrounded by the smell of sweat, smoke, and dirt.

After being woken up by Freckles, I went on with my routine to get ready. Thankfully, this time my chore has nothing to do with the tedious process of making breakfast, but instead I was given the task of delivering supplies to the mess tent. I took the thin wooden crate and began carrying it to my destination. It looked heavier than it is, but I'd still prefer to leave tasks like this to my servants.

After making my way out of the cramped alleys of the array of tents, I emerged into the main road and once again, heard the voice of (Y/N) yelling out generic newsboy catchphrases. Seeing as the only good thing that happens is being able to see him, I strayed from my directive for a short while and went to the source of the voice which has oddly stopped for more than a few seconds.

Once I reached his position, I saw (Y/N) talking to Freckles. They looked to be having fun. As I approach, their conversation ceased and their eyes fell upon me.

(Y/N) "Ah! There you are, 'Smiles'."

I jolted and ended up blushing when I saw (Y/N) and Freckles both giggle upon mentioning my stage name. I swear, (Y/N) when this is over...

Freckles "Hey, whatchu got there?"

Ciel "O-oh this? I was gonna deliver it to the mess tent, I guess I got a bit out of track."

Freckles "Hm? Oh, it's just napkins, it's fine, you can deliver them later. More importantly, I had no idea you two knew each other!"

My heart sank and my eyes widened. I darted my gaze towards the boy in question who wore his ever-present smile so casually despite the mention that he might have just ruined our chances of getting anything out of this. Has (Y/N) been giving away information about me...? Exactly what did he tell Freckles?! If they knew anything about my true station, or even my name, this entire mission is over!

Ciel "Uh F-freckles, listen! What (Y/N) said may not be fully true, I'm not-"

Freckles "So you grew up in the same orphanage!"

...

Ciel "Huh?"

Freckles "You two grew up together in an orphanage after both your parents passed away. Sorry for your losses, but why exactly did you split up?"

(Y/N) "Well, he ended up getting a job as a servant for a lord, meanwhile I was rejected so I ended up being a newsboy. The only way I could get into contact with him is by sending letters, but even then, It's hard to communicate as his master is harsh."

Freckles "Really? What's he like."

(Y/N) "Cold, stoic, vengeful, and bitter."

o-ouch...

Freckles "Sounds like a horrible man."

A small pause broke up their string of conversation. I looked down as I felt my heart sink deeper and deeper at (Y/N)'s words... He didn't call me out by name but I know that he was referring to me. Upon reflection, they were all true. And these were the qualities I feared would drive (Y/N) away...

Freckles "Well, I'm gonna go do my chores. Smiles, you have training after breakfast but then you have lunch and the rest of the day to yourself. Bye, you two!"

(Y/N) "Bye!"

(Y/N) waved at Freckles as he disappeared into the crowd. He turned to face me and took a few steps forward. I tried to look unfazed as if all he said was referring to someone else, but I know what he meant...

(Y/N) "I forgot to mention a few things about the master..."

He took one more step forward and before I knew what was going on, I felt a hand caress my left cheek before (Y/N)'s soft lips pressed gently against my right. (Y/N) pulled away as I looked at him in shock.

(Y/N) "He has a good heart, and cares deeply for his friends, and loved ones. Just as they loved him."

Ciel "(Y/N)..."

I felt the edges of my eyes burn, but before anything happened, I quickly wiped away any trace of what could be a show of weakness.

(Y/N) "Keep it together, soldier. Let's finish this investigation quickly and go back to the usual."

I brought my hand up and placed it atop his own, pushing it gently into my cheek before looking at him in the eye. With a determined glare, I nodded.

Ciel "Alright. I'll finish my chores and then rendezvous with you after my training. We can discuss our next moves then."

(Y/N) "Sounds like a plan."

His warmth left me as his hand let go of my cheek, leaving the cold wind to bite on once again. Though perhaps it was for the best as not long after, (Y/N) was approached by one of the circus members.

(???) "Excuse me, do you still have yesterday's newspaper?"

(Y/N) "Oh! Lucky for you, I do! Only have two left in fact, here you go!"

(???) "Ah thank you."

He turned back to me with a casual smile.

(Y/N) "Perhaps it'd be best if we returned to our assignments for now."

Ciel "Agreed."

With a nod, I left (Y/N) to his own devices and picked my box back up before lugging it over to the mess tent. A rather angry circus member yelled at me for delivering it late. Agitated as I was, I apologized with the excuse that I was given another chore along the way before leaving as I was given yet another pointless activity to pay for my lateness in delivering that previous crate...

*Timeskip*

The training was finally over and I left the main tent in search of a certain paperboy. After looking around for a few minutes, I found him sitting alone atop a crate in front of the mess hall. A wave indicated that he saw me. Apparently, he was waiting in front of the mess hall as it would be the first place most people would go for lunch – as if I would eat any of that slop. Now that we're reunited, we decided to move our conversation to a more secure place.

After a short walk, (Y/N) ended up bringing me to the back of the row of tents at the edge of the forest. I leaned myself against a tree while he stood in front of me with an oddly sympathetic smile.

(Y/N) "Life in the circus not cut out for you?" He said with a small, mocking chuckle.

I felt a vein pop in my forehead.

Ciel "Don't you even dare start this..."

(Y/N) "Okay, okay, no more joking about your present circumstance."

I cooled down during the pause in our conversation.

(Y/N) "So, what's your plan of action for tonight?"

Ciel "I'm going to investigate the private tents of the main crew. We're bound to find something there."

(Y/N) "Good move. I'd start with the ringleader's if I were you."

Ciel "What about you? Any problems on investigations from the outside?"

(Y/N) "No problems, but progress is... slow. The kidnappings don't happen every night. Judging from the pattern of missing children reported, we think it happens on Monday each week but we haven't been able to confirm that. Oh also!"

(Y/N) pulled out one of three rolls of newspaper he has left in his bag and handed it to me.

We continued to talk until we were interrupted by the arrival of a new voice calling out to us.

Freckles "Oi! Smiles! Newsboy!"

We turned our heads to see Freckles running towards us. Apparently, he was just looking for something to do and didn't do much other than join our conversation. Though, discussions were cut short by a certain remark he made...

Freckles "Oh. By the way, Smiles, we should go take a bath."

Ciel "E-excuse me?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.5K 1.4K 30
This is a story about you,and your relationships with Ciel Phantomhive,and Alois Trancy.This will be talking about your broken past,and what you went...
1.5M 51.1K 19
Book One in the Dimension™ Series Young, brilliant, smart, and with a dash of sassy and sarcasm, you were the ideal girl that captured the hearts of...
60.2K 1.4K 20
Hi guys this is my first story, and first fan fiction! I hope you like it! I own the Black Butler but if anything is out of order or out of place fee...
1.7K 55 38
(This is book 1/2 in the Finally series!) 2 of the richest households in london, The Phantomhive's and The Silversfield's. Enemies on the outside, fr...