When Bad Boys Fall

By Kaykay_is_vogue

T E A S E R: "Open your mouth," he whispered and I looked at him in confusion. "Open your mouth, Jackie." •••... More

Intro
One
Two
Three
Four
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty- Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-Two
Thirty-Three
Thirty-Four
Thirty-Five
Thirty-Six
Thirty-Seven
Thirty-Eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-One
Forty-Two
Forty-Three
Forty-Four
Forty-Five
Forty-Six
Forty-Seven
Forty-Eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-One*
Announcements
Fifty-Two
Fifty-Three*
Fifty-Four
Fifty-Five
Fifty-Six
Fifty-Seven
Fifty-Eight**
Fifty-Nine
Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three**
Sixty-Four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-Six
Sixty-Seven
Sixty-Eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-Three
Seventy-Four
Seventy-Five
Seventy-Six
Seventy-Seven
Seventy-Eight
Seventy-Nine
Eighty
Eighty-One
Eighty-Two
Eighty-Three
Eighty-Four
Eighty-Five
Eighty-Six
Eighty-Seven
Eighty-Eight
Eighty-Nine
Ninety
Ninety-One
Ninety-Two
Ninety-Three
Ninety-Four
Ninety-Five
Ninety-Six
Ninety-Seven
Ninety-Eight
Ninety-Nine
Hundred
Hundred and One
Hundred and Two
Hundred and Three
Hundred and Four
Hundred and Five
Hundred and Six
Hundred and Seven
Hundred and Eight
Hundred and Nine
Hundred and Ten
Hundred and Eleven
Hundred and Twelve
Hundred and Thirteen
Hundred and Fourteen
Hundred and Fifteen
Hundred and Sixteen
Hundred and Seventeen
Hundred and Eighteen
Hundred and Nineteen
Hundred and Twenty
Hundred and Twenty-One
Hundred and Twenty-Two
Hundred and Twenty-Three
Hundred and Twenty-Four
Hundred and Twenty-Five
Hundred and Twenty-Six
Hundred and Twenty-Seven

Five

69.8K 1.6K 130
By Kaykay_is_vogue

[|]

The moment I got home, I began to think of the outfit I was going to wear at the party. It was a cosplay party, very nerdy if one would look at it from an unpopular person's point of view. But I knew it wasn't going to be anything like that as I've seen pictures of the kind of revealing outfits these people wore to their parties and now, I had to wear something like that fit into their party niche.

The only problem was that I had no money to get myself a real costume talk more of a cheap knockoff and no matter how tempting it was, I would never touch my college savings.

I also didn't want to embarrass myself so I went to my desktop computer in the corner and looked up the easiest cosplay outfits. I found a ton but none looked like something I could use my clothes to pass on as the costumes.

I had no choice, I needed to work extra hours to get one. And the only job that could get me that was walking dogs. At least, I could find something at the dollar store after the little I'll make.

"I have until today and tomorrow to make enough to buy me the things I'll need," I said and took off my clothes.

When the door opened, my heart almost stopped beating out of fear and shock. I snapped my head in the direction of the door and sighed in relief when I saw it was my mother, holding some folded clothes, probably from laundry.

"You scared me, mom. What the heck?"

"Oh, sorry. I came to drop off some of your washed clothes. I didn't know you were home," she said and dropped half of the folded clothes on the edge of my single bed.

"Thanks," I said and almost started to tell my mom about the party but held my tongue.

"I'll leave for work in an hour. I have to work extra hours again. The rent is due next week and the landlord has already been sending threatening texts."

My heart ached at her sad tone. Life has been hard for us since I was born. My late father was a mechanic who fed his family from the job he was doing but after his death, things got hard. My mom remarried but the lazy piece of shit that called himself my stepfather never helped for once. All he did was come home, eat, smoke his nasty cancer sticks and waste the power we paid on his stupid sports shows.

"Hey, how's school?" My mom asked, breaking my thoughts.

"It's great," I replied in a dismissive tone. Mom has been fearing the day I would finish high school because once I was done, I am supposed to head for college next but look at us, no hope of it.

The only thing I had saved was ten thousand dollars which were not going to even help me in any way. It was depressing but this is the life of a broke person.

"Okay. Take care," she said and left my room.

I sighed and thought back to the party. I laid on my back and sighed again, wishing the weekend would come and go, especially if I slept through it.

[|]

I pouted at the twenty dollars in my palm. This was what I made from walking dogs for over two hours. It was fully disappointing because those were the only dogs I walked today and tomorrow wasn't looking hopeful. With a defeated sigh, I put the money into my pocket and started to walk away from the house I did work for.

As I walked in silence for twenty minutes, I noticed a car moving very slowly beside me. I raised my head and looked to my left. I blinked at the sight of Maddy Kingston, the head of the cheerleading squad for the basketball team in an opened roof car. She was smiling at me while bobbing her head to the soft music playing in her car.

"Aren't you Jackie Garner?"

"Yes," I replied in a curt tone. Why were the popular kids suddenly talking to me? Was there some rumor going around that had my name attached to it?

Maddy eyed my body and patted the leather seat beside her.

"Get in, let me drop you off," she said and I became suspicious.

First of all, Maddy was a very rude and disrespectful person. She was the type who never mingled with people of her status and she expected me to sit in her car?

"No, thanks," I said and started to walk away.

"Come on, Jackie. Let me drop you off. I'm just being kind," she said as she drove beside me.

I sighed and looked around me. I was still far from home and I was planning on walking home because I needed to save the money I earned today. I rolled my eyes and walked to the car. I opened the door and sat down with my arms stiffly crossed.

"Thanks," she said and drove off.

The ride was silent for ten minutes before she cleared her throat.

"So, how are you?"

Weird question. Could she at least keep quiet until I reached my destination?

"Fine," I said coldly.

Maddy hummed. "I heard you'll be coming to Lucas' party. Is it true?"

I glanced at her, wondering where she heard such. No one knew about it.

"Don't worry, one of the cheerleaders heard Lucas inviting you over. You two were standing close to her locker."

"Uh, yes. He invited me," I replied, feeling uncomfortable. If the eavesdropper heard Lucas inviting me, she might've heard him talking about the phone he bought for me.

"Nice," Maddy said and took a turn into the highway. "Do you have anything to wear to the party? Seeing that it's a cosplay party and all."

I was about to tell her no but bit my bottom lip.

"Look, you don't have to front, Jackie. You know what? Why don't we go shopping?"

I raised an eyebrow at her while looking at her as if she'd gone crazy.

"Excuse me?"

Maddy shrugged. "I was heading to the mall anyway. So, let's go together. You've not gotten anything to wear, I suppose. While I buy mine, you buy yours. There's this nice store at the mall..."

I zoned out afterward as fear crept into my mind. I had no money to buy anything and now she was planning on taking me to an expensive store. I could not even bring myself to say no because it would be embarrassing. So, I nodded my head and pressed my back into the leather seat.

"It'll be fun," Maddy said excitedly.

"Yeah, fun," I replied, gulping.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.6K 3.4K 68
When Bad Boys Fall II is a spin-off to the first book of this series. ••• Lucas and Jackie finally had their happy ending after a series of heartbre...
169K 11.8K 37
"You are stepping on my toes, Lexington." I rolled my eyes, pretending I wasn't intimidated by his stance. He looked like he could devour me whole, b...
312K 11.6K 45
"We said whoever eats the most pizza has to do the dare no matter how cruel or easy it is." This is just a glimpse of our sleepovers. Ivy and Autumn...
67.3K 929 31
Enemies to lovers❤️ Imagine if your worst enemy would move in RIGHT NEXT TO YOUR HOUSE? This book about Grayson and Isabella will tell you how she ex...