NO MAN LIKE HIM

By Kountibah

A year after her husband's death, Gigi Montagne is still unable to recover from her depression. Not even the... More

THE CAST
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
EPILOGUE

19

938 56 4
By Kountibah

Once Gigi had started drinking her wine, she couldn't stop anymore. She emptied her bottles one after the other, not even registering if she was drunk or not. It honestly just felt like water for her. She was numb, except for the sadness, the suffocating sadness she was trying to drown to no avail.

Her room was only lit by the dim light of her bedside lamp. She walked around like an animal in a cage, thinking of all the memories she had with Augustin. Those used to bring her joy before. Now, she couldn't help but scrutinize every one of them. Was her husband genuine during those moments? Was he just seeing her as a fool? Probably. She obviously was the only one that cared about their relationship.

Finishing her glass of wine in one gulp, she decided to get to work. She put a big box near her bed and started exploring. The first thing she grabbed was one picture on the nightstand. A family picture with the three of them. She took it out of its frame, tore Augustin's side, and threw it inside the box. The act pained her but it was just the beginning. She didn't want anything to remind her of her husband anymore.

She continued throwing things, starting with the pictures and then every gift from Augustin. It sounded funny when Thomas said that Vanessa and her friend wanted to tell her so she'd give up the company. Now she understood why. She was really this close to doing it because it repulsed her to own anything that came from Augustin.

The box turned out not to be enough. Gigi piled the items she found on the carpet. The more she did, the more eager she was to do a deep cleanse and get rid of everything around the house. In fact...

Someone knocked at the door of her room. Hakim opened it slightly before asking:

"Can I come in?"

Gigi didn't have the strength to reply. She just groaned. Hakim took it as a yes and stepped into the room, closing the door behind him. He did everything he could to hide the pity he felt. The poor woman was kneeling on the carpet, near the pile of things, looking absolutely miserable. Hakim also noticed the empty bottles of wine.

"Don't do this to yourself." He said. "He's not worth it."

"I'm going to sell this house," Gigi said, ignoring the housekeeper's advice. "Did you know? Augustin bought it. I'm just realizing now that everything in my life came from him. No wonder his parents treated me like a parasite. Maybe I am one. I used the inheritance from my parents to finish my studies and save for Thomas's ones. The rest was entirely taken care of by Augustin and now I have to get rid of it all."

"Why?"

"Because I want to forget that I ever met him. I don't think I can handle it if I let his betrayal set into my mind, Hakim. I prefer deleting every single memory of him."

"You cannot do that. No matter how hard it is right now, you must admit that Augustin will always be a part of your life. It cannot be undone. You built this life together and he's the father of your child. Are you going to throw Thomas away as well?"

Gigi gritted her teeth together, her fists tightening at each word. She felt Hakim's strong grip on her, helping her back to her feet. She buried herself in his arms.

"Let me tell you what I think." He said softly. "I think you should keep it all because you deserve it. You're not a parasite. Your husband was supposed to take care of you and that's what he did. You earned this all. Now, you should also accept his betrayal and know that it's not your fault. He's the only one to blame for not being faithful to someone as incredible as you. After everything you went through, don't let this drag you down, okay?"

Gigi nodded. She looked at Hakim's face and felt at peace. His smile was comforting.

"May I ask something, Mrs. Montagne?"

"Uh-huh."

"What were you doing in my closet this morning? You don't have to answer if you don't feel like it."

"Oh..."

Gigi laughed, her hair covering her face in the process.

"I actually had an offer for you." She replied, pushing her hair back and looking into the man's eyes. "I was going to ask you to marry me."

Hakim didn't know if he should laugh with her. It all sounded like a joke but maybe it wasn't? Gigi looked extremely drunk, she probably was just talking nonsense.

"I'm serious!" She said as if he spoke out loud. "Sasha told me that If I marry you, you will get a valid residency permit and I think you deserve that, Hakim. But hey, I'm going to be fully honest, It's not only for your sake. I actually want to marry you. Sasha thought it would be a good idea because Vanessa won't be able to say that I hired an illegal worker but I really don't care about that anymore. I really, really like you. That's the reason why I was in your closet this morning. I was going to ask you to marry me, just because I want you."

Gigi sighed in relief. It wasn't so bad, after all. She was feeling much better now that she confessed. Maybe it was the wine but she didn't care at all about the consequences. Maybe she'd regret it the next day but right then, she could only grin in happiness.

Hakim, on the other hand, was astonished.

"Oh...Eh...Mmh..."

Gigi only laughed more at the incoherent sounds that he made.

"You don't have to answer if you don't feel like it." She said as a joke, repeating Hakim's previous word."

It got to him because he smiled a bit.

"I just don't know what to say." He added.

Gigi placed a warm hand on his cheek, a serious look on her face. Hakim's breath hitched when she slowly brushed her fingers in his beard and then his jaw and neck.

"I want to take care of you." She whispered. "I want to show you how grateful I am for everything you've done so far. I want to give you a shoulder to rest on when life gets tough. Will you let me be that special person?"

Hakim stared longingly at her lips. Gigi noticed. Carefully, she brought her face closer to his. Her heart was beating insanely fast. Hakim was like a bird that suddenly landed on her hand. She had to be cautious to not scare him away.

She paid extra attention to his expressions as she wrapped her arms around his shoulders. She put a light kiss on his cheek, right above his beard, and saw him blink. He didn't try to run away, though. Gigi smiled before pecking his other cheek. Still nothing. She took a deep breath before doing what she aimed for from the beginning.

Gigi slowly pressed her lips on Hakim's one. It lasted a little over three seconds before she stopped and looked at his face. Hakim had his eyes closed. She didn't want to ask if it was okay to continue and have him second guess this situation. She dived in again and bit his lower lip in a way that made him groan. Gigi grinned in satisfaction. She knew she didn't have to hold back anymore. She grabbed the back of his head and kissed him without any restriction.

Hakim's mouth tasted better than the wine she drunk earlier. She'd never had anything more intoxicating. That, right there was what she expected drugs to feel like. The more she kissed him, the harder it was to stop. Suddenly, Hakim's arms were around her waist and he was kissing her back. As if it could be any better. It was Gigi's turn to let out a moan.

It felt like every kiss she ever had weren't done right.

When they stopped to gather their breath again, she decided to try the thing she fantasized about the most before Hakim would stop her. She put her hand on his chest, where his heart was beating. She let it go down to his abs. She could feel them rather well despite his thick hoodie. Looking at his eyes, she slowly passed her hand under his cloth and felt his burning skin. Her respiration increased and so did his. Would it be pushing it too far if she attempted to remove his clothes?

"Mrs. Montagne..." He said when she brushed a finger over his sensitive nipple.

She removed her hand. Instead, she took Hakim's one and guided it to her chest, placing it over her heart, just like she did with him before. The man's eyes nervously traveled between her face and her chest.

"Do you feel how much it's beating for you?" She asked. "My heart hasn't been like this in so long...I know you feel the same way too."

Hakim let his hand there, even when Gigi wasn't holding it anymore.

"You can touch me too if you want." She said to him.

"I...It's not that I don't want to." He replied. "I still can't believe that this is happening, that someone like you could ever want to be with someone like me but...I can't."

He let his hand fall and Gigi knew that the magic was gone. Tears pooled in his eyes.

"What's wrong?" She asked him.

"I don't want to turn into your late husband, Mrs. Montagne. If I do this, I will destroy Shan. No one but you could better understand the pain I will put her through. You know that I can't break her heart after everything she did for me."

He was right. Gigi knew exactly what it felt like to be cheated on. She didn't wish to put another woman through that but she also couldn't let go of her own desires. Hakim was only making her fall harder in love. A man like Augustin wouldn't have to think twice about breaking someone's heart for his own interest.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Montagne...I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such kind and beautiful women. Honestly, I have grown to admire and respect you a lot since I've been your housekeeper. I can't deny it, I also find you very attractive. But I knew Shan first. I've made a promise to her and I can't break it."

"...Do you really love her?" Gigi asked.

Hakim frowned.

"What do you mean? Of course, I love her."

"I think you might confuse your feelings between love and gratitude, Hakim. Please think about it. You can't be with her just because you think you owe her something."

"Mrs. Montagne...It's not about that. I could say the same thing about you. I'm grateful to you both but I also know that I love Shan. I've loved her since I met her."

Gigi nodded though she wasn't accepting his words at all. He was slipping away and she didn't want to let him go.

"Okay." She said. "She doesn't have to know, then."

"Excuse me?"

"She's miles away from here. Whatever we do, she won't know unless you tell her."

"...You didn't know about Augustin either. Does it make it less painful?"

Gigi fisted her hands.

"I didn't mean that." She lied. "...I'm talking about the marriage. It won't be for real. Let's do it so you can have a better situation and achieve your dreams. We will get a divorce after that."

"I could never use you in such a cruel way."

"You're not using me. I want to do this for you."

"I can't. Not after you confessed your feelings to me. It's going to hurt you, whether you admit it or not."

She took his face between her hands and looked into his eyes:

"I am not taking no for an answer. I want you out of this situation you don't deserve, Hakim. I want you to find a better job, make enough money and return home to marry your Shan. That's your dream, remember? I'm giving it to you because you've done so much more for me. Please accept it. Let me take care of you...As a friend."

Hakim sighed. He wrapped his arms around her in a tight hug where he pour all his emotions. Gigi gently patted his back. Hakim couldn't see the silent movement of her lips but he still felt her words.

I love you. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

46K 1.9K 17
[π‚πŽπŒππ‹π„π“π„πƒ] π…πŽπ‘π„π•π„π‘. ━ ❝Satoria King never expected to see her ex-boyfriend after five years of their break-up, and she refuses to a...
27.2K 1.3K 42
When Carla told her family and friends that she was going to get a pet, all of them guessed that she was referring to a cute little dog, a Pomeranian...
824K 25.3K 42
Valeria Patterson is the IT woman. She has everything: the looks, the brains, and not to mention the countless billions of dollars she owns. She's be...
6.5K 361 14
I felt his hand as it gently pushed the strands of hair that were blocking his view of my face, behind my shoulder. The action caused his fingers to...