✓ the hooded princess • kim s...

By minthannie

"my life is full with secrets, and you know everything." min eunkyung- a princess should behave with grace, t... More

before you read ^-^
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t w o
t h i r t y t h r e e
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y o n e
f i f t y t w o
f i f t y t h r e e
f i f t y f o u r
f i f t y f i v e
f i f t y s i x
f i f t y s e v e n
f i f t y e i g h t
f i f t y n i n e
s i x t y
r y u n i v e r s e
s i x t y o n e
s i x t y t w o
s i x t y t h r e e
b o n u s c h a p t e r
w h a t i f ?
w h a t i f # 1

t h i r t y s e v e n

776 41 29
By minthannie

The deafening silence made it worse for her. Jisung suddenly stared at her with an unreadable look and she knew at that moment, something bad would happen, at least what she has read from a novel her sister forced her to read. Eunkyung was not a fan of reading but thanks to that one novel, she knew where she was now.

Her hand grabbed the empty plastic bread, "I'm throwing this out." she stood up and walked to the rubbish bin placed at the back. The princess tried to walk faster but the injury limited her movements. By the time she had thrown the plastic, she heard door closing.

Eunkyung snapped her head to the sound source and saw Jisung locking the doors. Both doors. The front one and the back.

Without saying anything, the male walked to her with a sigh. He pushed her to the wall and placed his hand on the injured area. His hot breath hit her skin while rubbing the pain area gently. The girl winced as she closed her eyes in fear and he lowly chuckled, "Eun..."

Her name that rolled out his tongue somehow scared her. She braved herself to open her eyes to see him tilting his head to her covered stomach. Then he looked up with a smirk, "Ah, so unexpected," he played with her strands of hair that fell forward. "Who knows my princess here fight people with actual sword?"

She couldn't say anything when the fear crept up. Jisung suddenly turned into a different person for her. The playful Jisung was gone, being replaced by a... rather someone with possessive eyes. Eunkyung pushed him away only for him to pinned her back on the wall and pressed the wound. The girl whimpered.

"So you knew," he hummed. "I wonder who told you that? Kim Seungmin?"

"He didn't do anything," she said between gritted teeth when she felt the pain worsen.

"Don't lie, princess. You know what's gonna happen."

"I knew long ago, Han." she gripped his wrist and yanked it away from the wound. Jisung stared at her in amusement. "I just don't see you in that way, just best friends. But when I found out you killed Mina you've turned this best friend into a foe."

"That coming from a heartless princess, I'm not surprised." he shrugged. "No wonder you are fine with losing friends."

"Seems like we are the same then, you're heartless too." she stifled a laugh with an aching heart. Losing people was the last thing she wanted to happen but she was just good at hiding it. What's the point of displaying pity to the person who killed her own close friend that she considered as a sibling?

Jisung did the same thing again to hurt her. Eunkyung groaned when he kept on applying force against her wound. She tried to pry him off. "H-han,"

"This is the most 'heartless' thing I've ever done to you," he leaned in dangerously closed with his voice filled with venom. "All these years I have been protecting you from being killed by Yunseo, have you ever thanked me? Did you even notice that?"

Her eyes were teary. He was too strong for her to fight back. Both her hands were cuffed at the back by his one free hand. The male looked at her with a small laugh, "What that guy have in him that I don't?"

"He-" her breath hitched when he tugged her wrists. Before she could say anything more, a few knocks interrupted the two.

Jisung immediately let her go and she fell, clutching her stomach in pain. He went to the front door and unlocked it. 

There, stood Minju in confusion. Jisung said none and left.

The newcomer came in and looked around. She let out a gasp when seeing Eunkyung crouching on the floor, crying. Minju rushed to her and lifted her, "A-are you... I'm bringing you to the clinic." she carried the princess and went to the clinic. A few pairs of eyes watched them and whispered to each other. Minju was sure the news will spread fast when the hurting girl was the princess. She ignored people asking as her focus was to bring Eunkyung to get treated.

He rushed out from the classroom, ignoring the teacher calling and went straight to the clinic. It was rather far because the room was in a different building. With him running there, it shouldn't be long but for him it took a long time because of the anxiousness rose inside him.

When he reached the clinic, he saw Minju coming out. Seungmin immediately stopped her, "What happened?"

"She's injured." Minju replied shortly. He furrowed his eyebrows. "I went in and saw her on the floor. Jisung locked the door before though, so I don't know what happened."

Seungmin muttered something under his breath. He was about to get in but Minju held his arm. He halted.

"You care a lot about her." she stated monotonously. 

The guy replied with silence.

"There's already someone else inside looking after her."

With that, Seungmin pry off her hand and went in. Minju watched the door closing and let out a small sigh. With small steps, the girl returned to her class.

"Felix?"

Said guy turned to Seungmin, "Oh, hi Seungs."

"What are you doing here?" the taller asked before spotting Eunkyung laying on the bed. Her face was paler than usual and she seem soulless. When their eyes met, they looked tired.

"Came to get this." Felix showed a board of pills as Seungmin sat next to him. Eunkyung just watched silently. "My head's been throbbing since this morning. I think I need to rest."

"Did you not sleep?" Seungmin asked again. It was unusual for Felix to get sick even a little bit.

"Maybe." he shrugged. "I'm going to-"

"Attention to all students," a girl's voice from the speaker interrupted him. "I am Yoon Arin, and today I would like to clear some misunderstandings about Felix Lee's rumors that occurred a few weeks ago."

Both Seungmin and Eunkyung looked at Felix who had a confused expression on. 

"I deeply apologise for making everyone felt unsafe with the so-called pervert in this school. Here I am going to explain what actually happened." the speaker went silent for a moment. Felix shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Felix and I were not in a good term in the beginning, but we only met a few times and the small quarrel we always had was not bad to the point we throw fists to each other. However, on that day, we met without me wearing a name tag so Felix pointed it out. I took that as an opportunity to add the fuel between us and spread the rumors, when none of it is true."

Seungmin sighed as he leaned on the chair and looked at Felix, "Why is she doing this out of sudden?"

"The reason why I am doing this is because the hate he's been getting is not necessary when it is not true. I feel genuinely bad and I sincerely apologise for spreading a rumor that affected everyone in this school. The rumor was not a thing to be played with. I promise I will not do anything without thinking of the consequences anymore. Thank you."

There was a silence.

Felix did not know how would he react to this. Even though she explained to the whole school, there must be some people who would thought he had threaten or bribe her to explain. The negative outcomes conquered his mind.

"That's good," Eunkyung weakly said with a small smile. "At least she knows what she did was wrong."

Felix remained silent. He then excused himself and left with the pills.

Seungmin scooted closer to the bed and tugged on the blanket Eunkyung was wearing. The girl shook her head, "I've changed it."

He released it and leaned back, "What happened?"

"He found out," she muttered, "He found out and hurt me."

Blood boils inside him. He took a deep breath before resting his head on he bed's railing. "You need to homeschool again."

The princess scoffed playfully, "I'm not a kid and it's exam season. But... what will happen next?"

Seungmin hummed, "It's exam season so just stay inside and study."

"What if he do much more?"

"We cannot do anything." he said immediately. "We don't have the power to do so. The only thing you can do is tell the king to put back the guards on shift because there was none last night."

She meekly nodded. "Are you not returning to class?"

"I'm going to stay here." he moved the chair to the wall and rested his back on it. "I'm watching over you until school ends. No protest needed."

"I need to know what the teachers say about the exam though."

Seungmin yawned, "I'm sleepy."

Eunkyung stifled a laugh, "Dork."

The room was lit up with a huge chandelier that hung above them. Different portraits were displayed on the wall. At the long, rectangular dining table sat two kings in different colors of crowns on each ends. The king of Dalfon Kingdom rested his chin on his popped up hands with a smile.

"After this agreement, I see that you have problems at your place."

King Eun-gi tightly smiled, "I assume you already know why and how considering how fast news spread." He really could not do anything when people from other kingdoms received the news about Eirene Kingdom, his ruling area that a culprit was free without him taking any actions.

"Poor citizens, the culprit might have frightened them to death until you need to close the border for awhile." the Dalfon ruler, King Seojun sighed with a sinister smile. "Fortunately we are neighbors, that's something I couldn't ask more since we are alliances since day one."

The other nodded before holding the bundles of agreement papers, "I supposed we are done by now after three days."

"Yes, yes of course," King Seojun stood up and went to him. They shook hands before walking out of the enormous meeting room. "It is an honor to help you and your kingdom. Whatever happens, do not hesitate to come here. Oh, and would you like to stay a bit more to look around?"

King Eun-gi politely rejected it, "I need to return today. Thank you for that."

"Ah, that's a shame." King Seojun chuckled, "Come, let's have a lunch before you leave."

"Who does he think he is?" a fist met the door of the car, startling the driver. King Eun-gi groaned in frustration as he remembered how King Seojun provoked him. Way before they started the meeting a few days ago, he had been holding himself back from doing anything that could make their deal cancelled. 

The driver remained silent, not daring to say anything. The king rested his head on his fist and looked out the window. "Bring me to Cho Yunseo's house." he suddenly ordered.

"But Your Majesty, that might be dangerous."

"Do as what I say." he commanded. The driver hesitantly nodded before informing the royal escorts. 

"Father!"

Eunhee ran to the figure who just entered the castle. She immediately hugged him, "What did you do at Cho Yunseo's house?"

The queen appeared with a small sigh, "The news you visited a villager spread within seconds, honey."

The king just smiled and they went into the office with Eunhee clinging on her father's arm. Eunkyung, who saw them coming up went to Eunji who watched from upstairs, "What happened?"

"Father went to Cho Yunseo's house." Eunji simply replied before dragging her sister into the office as well. Inside, Eunsoo quickly got up and let out a sigh of relief when seeing her father without any injury.

"Glad to know you are fine, father."

"Worry not, darling. He wasn't there." King Eun-gi ruffled Eunhee's hair while Eunsoo lightly nodded.

"That's a relief."

"What were you doing there, honey? You worried us." the queen, Queen Yoora asked. "Anything could happen."

Eunkyung crossed her arms on her chest. She just watched with Eunji as their family talked, showing concerns to the king. After a few moments, she spoke up, "There wasn't any guards at the village."

All heads turned to her. Her mother furrowed her eyebrows, "How did you know that?"

"I went there." she confessed bravely, receiving a sigh from the king. "Where's the guards down there, father? There was an attack last night."

"Hey." Eunji nudged her as a silent warning.

The queen turned to her husband. "Is it true? Did you put away the guards?"

"Yunseo promised me he will not do anything." the king replied.

"And you blindly trusted him," the queen said. "Now look what happened again."

"It was not Yunseo. It was Han." Eunkyung intervened. "But who knows if he does it because Yunseo told him to. The guards still need to be there."

The room fell silent. Eunhee detached from her father and hung her head low. It can be said they were disappointed in him.

Eunkyung exchanged glances with Eunsoo as she remembered what Yoongi had told them. There's something father is hiding.

Eunsoo held his father's shoulders and softly spoke, "Father, can I talk to you?"

The youngest princess lightly shook her head and left the room. As soon as she stepped out, a woman flinched and quickly bowed while muttering a small greeting. Before she could left, the girl called her.

"Tell me what you heard."

The old woman halted in her steps.

"My hunch has always been right. You know something." she approached the old woman she had been watching since a few days ago. The suspicious woman who always clean the living room and other open areas.

"Her royal highness, I..." the woman shakily bowed. "I... I did not hear anything I–"

"Or else I'm bringing you into the room to speak." she calmly spoke.

"I swear I did not hear anything!" the older cried. "The door itself is soundproof, so I couldn't hear anything I promise!"

Eunkyung hummed, "Then tell me what you know."

"Your highness–"

"It's not that hard." she shrugged. When the woman didn't reply anything, she turned on her heels towards the door.

"W-wait..."

Eunkyung hummed while holding the handle of the door. But again, the old woman refused to tell. She fidgeted with her fingers and gave a pleading look to let her go.

"You should not have eavesdropped us." showing no sympathy, Eunkyung turned the handle down and gave a taunting look. "Tell or get in."

"I... I will..." the woman stuttered. She worriedly looked around and stepped closer.

Eunkyung smiled in satisfaction. She released the handle and faced the woman, "Go on."

"The king... he killed Yunseo's family a few years back..."

Her heart dropped hearing that. She stared at the old woman in disbelief.

The older gestured her hand for Eunkyung to come closer and spoke in a low voice, "Yunseo was on the move with his men and his family after setting up a town on fire. The town was this kingdom's main source in maintaining the economy. The king was too mad that he went to them by himself and couldn't find Yunseo so he buried the wife and the son together after they were shot."

"It was revealed after that... his wife was pregnant and did not contribute anything in the fire... and now he is keeping Yunseo because he is guilty."

To say she was shocked was an understatement. The princess was speechless. Her forehead creased into lines as she was doubting what the woman had said but by seeing how she was frightened, Eunkyung thought she told the truth.

"Can... can you l-let me go?"

Eunkyung stood up straight and slowly nodded. With that the old woman quickly walked away, leaving the princess in disbelief.

i was busy this week :'>

imagine if i accidentally publish it– up to chapter 41 will be spoiled lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 9.1K 58
a gang / mafia au The world has been fading for the last years. The rules disappeared and chaos insurged. From the destroyed city, Stray kids are wor...
403K 12K 18
onlyfans? did the seemingly innocent seungmin secretly have a freaky side? hyunjin quickly put seungmin's phone back on the desk, his face flushing a...
826K 13K 65
a collection of stray kids imagines: fluff, angst, mini series, oneshots, and more! my early imagines are absolutely terrible so I recommend you read...
286K 12.1K 63
25-year-old Han Jisung has been looking for his big break in the tech industry since the day he graduated with his Master's degree. Meanwhile, 27-yea...