ONYIYE THAT GIRL

By Mbalezinhle90

Growing up in a very cold home facing trials and life and life threatening. Will Onyiye be ever out of that h... More

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL

420 62 0
By Mbalezinhle90

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 5

LINDIWE NGOBESE

Fist day at school and already she's not loving her first day at all.
Busy streets of Durban - maybe going back home will do.
Everything here is just different, confusing, noisy, too many roads and cars!
Thankfully she lives in the school premises.

She looks around the school yard hoping that maybe, just maybe she will spot her forever smiling friend even she's going through the most.
She sighs sadly noticing that Onyi is not with her but back at home in that abusive environment.
But she is hoping for something positive about and in her.

First lesson in Boston City Campus wasn't that bad. She is actually looking forward in her study for Media.
BJMC (Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication) has always been her favourite ever since growing up. And now that she is in this industry she will make the most of it.

"You've been looking at those books ever since you came back from class. You still have alot of those in the next upcoming 3 years. No shoot that, you may have the chance to add a sandwich year and spend 12 months in industry, meaning that your degree will last four years."

Lindiwe sighs closing her book. This girl looks nothing like her Nyi.
"Hai," not too sure how to respond to her statement.
"Hai, I’m Thabisile and I live around here in Durban but prefer staying in campus. Where you from?" Thabisile asks as she took off her clothes throwing them on the floor.
"Eshowe," she responds politely.
"Umkhaya," she laughs out loud. "Is it true that when you are from the rural's you are outdated - undated. What do you call yourselves? Amaqaba right?" She continues to laugh.

Too many red flags she has noticed on this Thabisile girl already.
Books is what she came her for....
"There is a club down town farm Julia, would you like to tag along? Maybe meet ama boys nyanya who don't smell of smoke but expensive perfumes."
"No thanks. Clubs are not for me." Lindiwe.
"Because you guys do not have one, right?"
"Making fun of my hometown and where I come from....you know what I'm way to matured for this."
"And I'm not? 2 minutes nyana you in Durban already you now the biggest word mature. Hehehe wonders shall never end." She laughs heading to the bathroom butt naked.
Looks like she will have to look for another room. She can't stand to be disrespected.

She takes her phone and dials her mother but thinks twice and drops the phone before she could even pick up.
If she tells that woman she will come here with the first available taxi and cause havoc in the campus and she doesn't want any of that.
She dials Onyi before it could even ring for the second time she picks up.
"Sthuphethu,"
"Friend." Lindiwe is delighted to her only true friends voice.
"Miss me already?" She asks giggling over the phone. This is what Lindiwe meant. Onyiye smiles and laughs though the pains she's feeling.
"In an actual fact I do. Everything this side is just not for me. I just wish you were here with me, you know."
"Me too but hay it is what is it. Why are you not sleeping?"
"Onyiye it's only 4pm,"
"Ow thought that maybe the times are different you know."
Lindiwe burst into laughter. "Onyi! Girl." She continues to laugh.
"Stop laughing now. I get the point."
She says giggling. A knock on the door.
"Someone is at the door, I will call you back."

She opens the door and freeze for a moment.
"Sure," the guy let's himself in. "Is Thabi around?" He asks settling down on the couch.
"Thabi?"
"Thabisile,"
She feels stupid. "Ow," she walks back but he stops her.
"Mpilwenhle Myeza is the name."
She turns to look at him confused.
"Huh,"
""Mpilwenhle Myeza is my name." He repeats calmly.
"Ow okay," she hurries back to her room and shuts the door holding her chest doing breathing exercises.
Do Durban have such handsome mean?
Those neatly made dreadlocks, that Tattoo on his arm. By looking at him he just screams -D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S!

Her phone rings on her hand and gets startled. She looks at the caller ID and her heart drums in fear.
"Samanga," she swallows a hard rock that is stuck up on her throat.
"Is that how you greet you man?"
"Babe unjani?" She asks as guilt strike. She just complimented another man just minutes ago.
"I'm good babe, I just miss you." She blushs looking on the ground drawing circles with her toes.
"Nami I miss you muntu wami. How is Durban treating you?" Did he really have to ask such a question?
"Busy, boring. It's just way too much for me. Can't wait for the holidays and be home and to see you." She says smiling.
"Can we do a video chat?"
Lindiwe drops the phone, logged in on her WhatsApp....
"There you are," he looks cute when sleeping.
"Already sleeping? Isn't early?" She asks with a slight frown on her face.
"I'm tired. Was racking the yard and went to fetch water."
Lindiwe laughs. "Yoh! Ay baby. Are you for real? I long said this wivila muntu wami."
"Don't start with me please. I couldn't concentrate because of you Kuku."
"Smanga!" She hides her face smiling.
"Yini, I love that Kuku. And it hurts that I've only tasted it twice."
"You sick!"
"You make me sick. It's the love potion you gave me."
"I should add more. Was trying to do an assignment and I'm so lost." She moves her camera to her books showing him.
"Weee, baby crack you mind lapho. Mina I'm still waiting the government to reply on that tender."
"Hope they fund you babe."
"I love you do not ever doubt that." He tells her.
"I love you hlanyo." Their video call end. She smiles remembering him already. She tilts her head finding 'that' guy looking at her.
"Erm Thabi is in the bathroom." She points out. He just stands there looking at her without saying a word.
Still focused on her he takes further steps coming towards her bed. He squats right infront of her and caresses on her right cheek.
"You look beautiful," his voice is so damn fine.

She sways her head to the left side and shivers. He pulls her face back to face him. Her chubby cheeks. Light brown eyes compliments the caramel skin.
"What do you say when I tell you that your beautiful?"
"Th.... thank you." She's holding her breath.
Do men smell this nice? His breath smells like minty sweet. He comes closer and pulls her lower lip by sucking it.
His lips are way too soft and slippery. With her sloppy kiss everything came back to her senses. She pulls back licking her lips.
WTF is wrong with her?
"Please, I don't want any trouble." She says in  shaky voice.
Mpilo stands up and smirks looking at her. He leaves the room and she sighs in relief. The bathroom door opens and Thabi comes out fully dressed. She sniffs the air....

"Was someone in here?"
"Erm yes, there is a guy looking for you." She's focused on her books not looking at her.
"I know my boyfriend pretty well. Don’t wait up for me." She takes her overnight bag leaving the room.
She hates herself right now. She wasn't raised like this, she wasn't raised to be this cheap. This man just too advantage of her lips.
She just cheated! No amount of whatever she could justify anything!

She decided to take her mind off things and cook for herself. If this is what she will be subjected to then she doesn't want this life. She doesn't want to be men's play ground. She sniffs in guilt, maybe telling Smanga will take whatever she is feeling off her chest.
Her mother's name pops on the screen. She now regrets ever showing her how to do a WhatsApp video call.
"What are you cooking?"
Lindiwe shows her the chicken stew in the pot and her mother smiles. "Don't cook for the whole campus. I know you..."
"Trust me I've grown."
"Where you crying?"
How does she tell her mother that she cheated? She doesn't even know that she has a boyfriend!
"Onions, I'm never using onions from Durban ever again!"
He mother laughs so loud and ended up calling her father.
"Hau Nana, uthi the onions did what?"
They all laugh. "Hai mama!"
"I did not see this coming. Please don't let Durban change you. I don't want you coming home with a fatherless child like that Onyi girl. You know she's very useless Maan and I don't even know what you saw in her."
"Mah I have to go. I have a test tomorrow morning so I need I eat and study." She lies. She just wants to close this chapter of the conversation.
"Okay mntanami, do me proud and make sure that you stay away from boys."

She's done with cooking her stew. That knock again! Seems like this girl has alot of friends. She switches the stove off, wipes her hand with a cloth and went to go open.

"Smells nice in here, but that's not what I'm here for."
He pushes her against the wall closing the door with another foot. Lindiwe tries pushing him off but every lips suck just makes her body weak.
"Just came to say goodbye." Just like that he walks out.
"Ow God!" She stands still leaning against the wall with her heart pounding in fear.

STHEMBISO JIYANE

He doesn't like Joburg one bit. He has heard too many gangster fictional stories about this town. Stories that doesn't make sense, stories that will make your blood run. He is standing in the balcony looking at the busy streets full of people. Some late for work, some prostituting – every town has its own dilemma. Who is he fooling Durban the busiest you could find. If you haven’t seen Point in Durban at night, you are missing out. Which road is this again? His inner self asks.

He drinks the cola that was in the glass and walks back inside. He finds Tazz sited on the couch thinking deep. The minute his eyes landed on Sthembiso he shook his head.
"How many babies do you have out there?" He asks. There is nothing more that he needs other than sleep. He is been up all night.
"What do you mean?
" Sthembiso asks settling on the couch opposite facing him.
"Yaz Onyiye is going through the most and you are here not trying anything. There was a baby that was dumped in her hands by an unknown woman and guess what - that baby is the young you." Tazz takes out his phone and shows him the pictures.
"Who is the mother?"
"All you care is asking who is the mother? How about the girl that you are letting suffer because of your sins? Tell me something, what is your plan with that girl?”
"The….b….wish."
"Exactly eish. Money alone is not enough. I don't know how you go about dishing money when the environment she's in is very toxic. You annoy me maan!"
Tazz half shouts. "Grow up and be a responsible man, don't only think with you dick!"

He decide to take a walk around town in Joburg. His heart is heavy - if he were to something what could he possibly do. He has a plan, a plan of having guys of approaching Ndoni, and sending her to his mother, until he is able to find her a house.
Surely his mother will sue his balls until….
"Watch where you going!" Says a woman walking past.
"Nye, nye, Nye my foot. This is not your fathers compound bitch."
Sthembiso and his runny mouth.
"Wenja, masende kayihlo!"
Sthembiso gasps, "it's you, you tikilin, the girl that my father once cheated with!"
"What!"
"Don't what me la. Futhi nje you are the waste of my breath move out of my way." He pushes her aside.
"Zombie!" The girl screams.
"Manqina ezinza!"
He accompanies his tounge with a click loud enough for the girl to hear.
Now his mode has gone sour all  thanks to that Barbie stupid doll. Atleast he is leaving today, going back home to save his Black Queen.

A group of men came out of no where and surround him.
"Yes Wena snyayi. Zisharph ngawe?"
"Are you talking to me?"
"Sizosebenza la," they begin to empty his pockets.
"Help! Help!" He tries wiggling himself from these three men. Everyone is just walking past them minding their own business. They know too well not to interfere.
Sthembiso tries being a man punching one of them. The man staggers back loosing balance. He frees himself from another and pushes him aside forcefully. He takes two steps trying to run away from the scene but he is being pulled back by his t-shirt.
"Shit!" He falls on the ground on his back.
His DH jeans being forcefully pulled by another.
Sthembiso finally manages the strength to stand up and continues to fight for his life.
"Asimashe ayinalitho lentwana." The one with the pants disappears into the crowd. Sthembiso is left with his shorts.

Out of nowhere, there's an intense tingle, like a severe electric shock. That's his nervous system realizing that thousands upon thousands of circuits have just been broken.
Then he feels the heat slowing down. It's a heat like nothing he has ever imagined.
Knife going in due to Adrenalin….
Once the other two guys started running and he calmed down, he starts feeling this very warm liquid just running down his chest and each time he breathes the more just shot out.

Then the pain starts to kinda sink in. About that time he started getting this feeling like being poked a thousand times with needles on his legs. He start losing a ton of breath and breathing becomes a chore in of itself. Each breath just gets shorter and shorter and he can’t even do anything about it. When he tries to take a deep breath his body just doesn’t let it in and he keeps on getting a really painful hurt with each heavy inhale mind him, himself is not even taking in that air. He is beginning to lose all of his energy and his legs are just giving up completely. They have just became straight up noodles. His hands held on tight against his ribs - still standing tall not wanting to back down and fall. But he is getting weaker by the second.

His eyes are open but his vision is starting to get dark, it's like a back circle just closing in and he could just see like that small light in the middle everything starts getting blurry.
Got stabbed 3 times twice on his ribs and on his left side and one nasty stab 1mm by his heart which punctured his lung.
He continues to lay there on the ground as Onyie's face flashed right infront of his eyes. That smile….
Voice kept of fading slowly….

ONYIYE MAZIBUKO

How will she leave this house with a new born baby. Sending him to the clinic for his first check up just to make sure that he is fine and….
Atleast the mother did right by putting everything in his bag.
Her body is still aching from the events of yesterday - the more she thinks about it the more she wants to cry.
She's a tough girl, maybe God brought her into this world for a purpose but not to suffer.
"Boyiza lamama," she brushes Ndimu's read hair and sighs thoughtfully. Maybe putting colour on his hair will make people not to be sacred of him or question his nationality.

No she will never hurt her son like that.
She looks at Ngimuphiwe's little red curly hair. Could this be that they are of the same father or family?
It would have been better is she saw the man that day. But regrets of doing it are not there. If giving an opportunity she will do it again!

Kids bathe and feed. Now she's wondering how will she take care of two identical babies in public. No one will ever believe her that this child is not from her womb.
Maybe she will pass by the police station after the clinic.
Ndimu is on her back Ngimu is gently tacked on her soft hands. He is not a troublesome child. He slept throughout the night.
She steps out of her rondovel….
"Yewena sdwedswe, umithe nini?" Her sister shouts. "Mama! Mama! Come see."
Her mother comes out running out with soap all over her place.
"Yini?" She's also panting. Old people with none energy. How can she pant this bad running from the bathroom just to be outside?
"Look," she’s pointing out at Onyiye who was limping towards the gate.
"You got to be kidding me!"
Her mother strides towards her grabbing the baby forcefully from her arms.
"Who's baby is this?" She unwraps the baby and gasp almost dropping the baby but Onyiye managed to catch him before he could even land on the ground.
"I said it! What is she good at? Spreading her legs for men. I was my hands off you." She spits on her face with the morning saliva.
No word coming out of her mouth she continues with her journey. Her throat is blocked due to the massive pain she's feeling.

She tries to block the pain but she cannot take it any longer. Crying has been her routine these days. She doesn't cry out of joy but she cries out of pain.
She takes a wiper out of the baby's bag and sighs wiping her face.

She's walking with mind filled with thoughts. Something comes in mind as she looked around. She takes a short left that is leading her to the bushes. She cannot suffer like this for a child that is not hers.
She limps deep into the bushes and sighs placing the baby on the ground and his bag next to him.
"I'm sorry - I have no choice but to do this." She turns to leave as the tiny cries filled the bushes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7 0 6
Elodie never wanted any of this. All she asked for, longed for and prayed for was a calm, peaceful life, but she was never given that option. Everyth...
348K 14.5K 51
Theirs a mental institution, for traumatized kids. These kids need to learn to live again. For some, it's been ten years. For some, five. But all of...
112K 3.3K 10
what must have happened to him in the past which made him turn so cold and heartless y/n,a smart☀ and kind girl who never wanted anyone to get hurt...
126K 2.8K 26
*BEST RANKING* Izuocha - #2 "How can you protect me, if you can't even protect yourself?..." Ochako always spoke her mind. She was kind, honest and l...