ONYIYE THAT GIRL

By Mbalezinhle90

Growing up in a very cold home facing trials and life and life threatening. Will Onyiye be ever out of that h... More

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL
ONYIYE THAT GIRL

ONYIYE THAT GIRL

440 64 3
By Mbalezinhle90

ONYIYE THAT GIRL
CHAPTER 4

ONYIYE MAZIBUKO

"Nyi!" A hard knock on the door. She gets startled and throws the pillow aside.
The person let's themselves in and find Onyiye sited innocently on the sponge with her swollen eyes.
"Nyi, what's wrong." As very dark as she is Lindiwe can see right through her.
She knows her friend more than anyone.
"Sthuphethu, didn't you say you were leaving this morning?" Onyiye changes the topic.
"I am but I couldn't leave without seeing my best friend." Lindiwe settles down next to her. "Did you fill the forms? I need to take them with me."
Onyiye burst into tears and Lindiwe wondered what seems to be the problem.
"Hey, talk to me. What's wrong."
"As you knew, I got a job at the bottle store - tavern whatever you call it. I got fired today because they said apparently I stole money. Not only that, that has been eating me up…." she stops talking and takes a deep breath. "When I got back home days ago, the forms you brought for me to fill out where burnt to ashes right infront of my eyes. I'm hurt friend - I really am."
"Why is your mother so evil? Why not look for your father?"
"She refused to tell me who my father is. Judging by the name I have and the colour of my skin. I think he resides in Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia - you knows those countries."
"I understand," Lindiwe side hugs her. She pulls out for her old phone giving it to her. "I know it's not much but I would like us to communicate when I'm gone, tell me all the juicy stuffs."
"This is your phone nje."
"Was, Tata bought me a new one. So I don't mind giving it to you."
"What will I ever be without you?" Onyiye sniffs taking the phone out of her hands.
"Sthuphethu esilahla kwi matric dance." They look at each other and burst into laughter.
"Mxm," Onyiye says still laughing. "You crazy."
"I know and you love me that way. Let me show you something that I need you too do for me when I'm gone cause I don't have enough time." She takes the phone and scrolls through. "I'm sure this will bring back the smile on your face."
Onyiye gasps grabbing the phone out of her hands. "ow my God!" She stands up and begins to jump up and down. "I promise not to let you down, I promise on my grandmother's grave." The excitement is too much.
"I'll see you when I get back and please don't replace me cause if you do I'll kill the bitch. You are mine and mine alone."
"You sound like a psychopath right now."
"Aysuka, buy my baby his favourite. I know how much he loves Danone."
"You spoil this child too much. I'm beginning to think you gave birth to him." Onyiye.
"I pushed him out of my Virgina."
"Pleas don't remind me of that day. I don't see myself going back there."
"I will remind you these words one day. I'm not going to answer you now but there will be a day I will remind you on. Let me get going my love."

That love she shares with her friend is beyond magnificent.

She regrets ever thinking that death is the solution to her problems.
She was facing overwhelming sadness and despair, such that facing daily tasks that is it just making her life go in circles.
Having Lindiwe really bought that positivity that life goes on even when you down and nothing.

Her friendship helps her feel vibrant and energized. She feels the courage to pursue the things that make her deliriously happy. Self-judgment falls away.
A friend she has is one who overlooks her broken fence and admires the flowers in her garden.  Her good friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have. There is nothing she would not do for her and she is willing to keep her promise to her true friend.

She's standing under a tree near the road waiting for a taxi.
She just want to spoil herself and forget about everything she has been through the whole of yesterday. Today is another day, she woke up feeling better.
"My sister, I'm done. It has been submitted. Just wait for them to reply." She's at the internet cafe….
"Ow wow thank you." She's beyond happy.
"Good luck."
"Thank you," she needs it.
She steps out of the internet cafe, fixes her son's hat.
"Mama will but that pap and gravy she promised you, angithi babazi." She’s keeping her promise to her friend, spoiling her favourite niece. R300 is what she gave her…. She kisses his cheek and smiles looking at her sons teeth. She notices a man looking at them, more like taking pictures. He stops when he noticing Onyiye looking back at him - he got into a red Tazz and drove off.
Surely he was taking pictures of her son.

She's standing in a queue waiting for her turn.

Last month she didn't use the grant money because she was covered. Today she needs it and she's running out of food herself.
Finally her turn - she checks for the balance first blinks multiple times. Maybe she read the figures wrong.
She looks back and everyone is looking at her impatiently.
She cancels the withdrawal - maybe she will try with another bank.
Same story, how did R10K land in her card. Grant money for kids is not that much, it's just a couple of rands or so.
She decides to withdraw R1500, not forgetting the rent hoping it will bring peace. This money she withdrew will last her the whole month.
Still shocked as to where the money is coming from.

Done with the little shopping, how will she manage all of these plastics.
"Sistera, do you need help?" Asks a phara that was walking past.
"No thanks."
"I won't do anything to. I just want R5 for bread."
"I've never seen bread that costs R5." She chucks. "It's fine you can help me."
He indeed helped her and left her at the rank. Out of the good gesture she gave him R50.
"Inkosi ikubusise sistera. She looks at the phara as he walked away. Hope he will make something useful with that money.

A lady walks past her carrying a new born baby. Onyiye is sitting on the pavement breastfeeding, she covered her breast with a receiver – baby blanket….
"Sisi," greets the unknown girl.
Onyiye looks up and finds her looking down on her.
"Hei."
"Please, I need your help. I just need to use the toilet Manje I can't go in with my baby." She says.
"How can you trust me with your new born baby?"
"Cause you are also a mother."
Onyiye sighs.
"Please Sisi. I really need to change my pad and the stitches are not doing any justice on me."
"Okay fine. I'm giving you five minutes. I was just sitting down here so that I could breastfeed." Onyiye peeps through the receiver – baby blanket and notices that Ndimu is fast asleep. “Let me put him on my back and I will hold your baby." She stands up putting Ndimu on her back. He still has his hat on and his face is covered being protected from the sun.
"Okay you can bring him."

She's been checking the time and it has been almost and hour with the lady gone. Ndimu is now wide awake crying on her back.
"Shhh." She pats on his but with another hand holding the baby. Surely Ndimu is now thirsty. He drinks water very often.
"Ow God," she wants to cry so bad. The woman is not coming back as promised.
"What do I do?" She asks herself. She's holding a baby she hasn't even bother checking. She peeps through the blanket and staggers back almost dropping the baby.
"Jesus!" She hurt her foot a bit that is not the important case right now.
She looks again and she cannot believe her eyes. Could this be…. Maybe they are related.
Maybe the woman left her cell-phone in her bag - she will definitely find something in it.

She bends down unzipping the baby's bag and comes across a neatly folded letter. She opens it - maybe it has a address or something.

"Dear mntanami,

I want to apologize to you from the depths of my soul for how my actions became so totally out of control, resulting in tremendous hurt to you in the process.
I know I sound selfish right now but…."

She shakes her head not believing her eyes. This cannot be happening to her. Not when her life is this messy.
She doesn't want to read anything further, she digs in the bag again and everything is in there. Baby clothes – formula…..
"No, no, no, God why do you have to forsake me.” She burst into tears.
"My sister is everything alright?" Ask a man who was walking past.
Onyiye burst into tears all over again not knowing what to say.
"A lady asked me to hold her baby - she left a letter in the bag and she is gone. She has been gone for hours and…."
"Let me see the baby."
Onyiye uncovers the baby and shows him. Ndimu's hat fall on the ground and the man gasps in shock.
"Hau Sisi, waze khohlakala. You want to throw away your kids!"
"No, no. The one on my back is mine and the one I'm carrying is not mine."
"You are such a liar, infact a disgrace to womanhood. How can you be this evil?"
"I swear on my grandmother's grave, this one is not mine." She shakes her head with tears streaming down her face.
"It's okay buti, I'll take it from here you may leave now." Tazz man says. The unknown man chucks not believing.
"This is what you get for opening legs at you age, sies maan." He spits on the ground and continues with his journey.
Tazz looks at both babies in confusion.
"I swear he is not mine. That was my reaction when I saw him as well. Please believe me, this child is not mine."
"I believe you. But right now you should save your energy because no one will believe you. Are these your bags?" She nods her head with mucus mixed with tears.
"Go get in the car, I'll take you home."
"My mother will kill me. Why not take him to the police station?" She asks out of fear.
"The cops won't buy your story and you know why."
She nods her head understanding. "How do you know that I'm not lying?" Out of curiosity she asks.
"I was seated there having a meal." He points out a caravan that is across the road. “I saw everything.”

She's not looking forward to be home. Looking at her son and looking at this unknown child makes her shrink in fear. Why has God turned his back on her? Did she really have to go through what she is going through now at this age. Everyone seems to be spitting on her face.
Arriving home she finds he clothes outside. She places the baby on the backseat and makes Ndimu sits comfortably fixing his hat. His skin is very much red meaning he won't sleep at night. He will be crying because of the itchiness.
"Mah," she's limping towards her rondovel.
"Angithi Wena you decide to steal what feeds you! I'm tired of you Onions! I'm tired that every member of this community has to complain about you. If you do not steal you sell your body!"
She pulls her by hair making her to lay on the ground.
"Kahle ngolaka Sisi. I just came I tell you why I fired her."
"Yazi Wena uzonhazi namuhla!."
The belt is already in her hands.

For the latter, it makes her body burn and sting and each stroke intensifies the feeling until it ends up like there's a fire burning all over her body.
It gives long lasting pain…..
"I'm sorry," no more tears left in her.
"Bloody useless prostitute. Get your bags inside the house before I kill you like your useless father."
She slowly gets up from the ground and kneels infront of her mother.
"Mah, whatever wrong I did to you please forgive. If I'm dying for my father's sins, please look into it and you will notice that is was not my fault.
Sorry for not understanding your intentions and hurting you. I'm sorry for not being the best child. From the depth of your heart, please forgive me."
Her mother looks at her briefly - she sighs throwing the belt on the ground and walks back to the house with a long face.
Onyiye finally found the courage to stand up. MaThusi is still standing tounge tied.
"Onyiye," she calls out for her but Onyiye made her way to her rondovel to place everything back as it was.

She's looking at the black marks on her back and sighs sadly. It was just her and Ndimu. She sits down on the sponge and continues to cry her lungs out.
There's was once a white candle that she bought saying she will use it for praying.
She takes her R1 coin putting it in a visible glass - filled the glass with water then placed the glass next to the candle.
She lifts the candle and kneels down pouring her heart out…..

"Loving God, I pray that you will comfort me in my suffering, lend skill to the hands of my healers, and bless the means used for my cure. Give me such confidence in the power of your grace, that even when I am afraid, I may put my whole trust in you; by your patience in suffering you hallowed earthly pain and gave us the example of obedience to your Father's will. Be near me in my time of weakness and pain; sustain me by your grace, that my strength and courage may not fail; heal me according to your will; and help me always to believe that what happens to me here is of little account if you hold me in eternal life, my Lord and my God. Amen."

She blows off the candle, she feels a bit lighter. A spirit of calmness assures her that all will be well. She prayed until she felt it.
She gulps down the water with the R1 still inside. She drinks half and leaves half to sprinkle around the house. Maybe the bad omen will fly away. She is tired of leaving like this!

All she wants at the moment is to sleep and forget about everything. Thanks so to the Tazz guy who helped her with cleaning.
Now she doesn't leave and breath for only Ndimu. She has another soul to think about.
She looks at the baby as tears blind her vision.
"Ngiphiwe is your name. You were given to me and I believe you are a week old judging from your birth certificate. I don't know whether to inform the police or keep you all to myself. Only God knows about us."
She switches the side lamp that she found on the dumping site and made it shine bright in her room.
Hope sleep does not deprive her today. She needs it now more than ever to heal the scars on her body.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42K 669 21
No one could have thought that someone as pure and innocent as Izuku Midoriya would be betrayed by his friends who he thought that he could trust wit...
37.4K 365 64
Megan's a young girl who is insane but she doesn't want to believe it . Her mother never made it through birth. She's been abused and bullied all he...
74.2K 2.8K 42
โš ๏ธŽ ๐„๐‘๐‘๐Ž๐‘ โš ๏ธŽ (OP Fem reader) 'What would happen if I destroyed the whole planet...' In Which - a girl who encountered an error, now remember her...
356K 14.8K 51
Theirs a mental institution, for traumatized kids. These kids need to learn to live again. For some, it's been ten years. For some, five. But all of...