Copyright© [boyxboy]

By CatOfPurgatory

High school. It's scary, it's fun, it's sadness and happiness, and it's filled with... Toys? Dylan is the new... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 17

38 1 1
By CatOfPurgatory

LUKES POV

"We're here," I told Dylan as we pulled up to one of my favourite amusement parks. I saw his eyes widen as he looked out the widow. You could hear the people screaming on the roller coasters, and smell the salty popcorn and fresh barbecued meat. I could feel myself start to drool, and when I looked back over to the passenger seat, Dylan was gone.

Dylan was gone?

What?

My door pushed open and Dylan leaned over and unbuckled me, "Oh my gosh it looks so much fun!" He squealed as he darted away from the truck.

"Dylan!" I shouted, my voice deeper than usual. He ran back my way, jumping up and down like a five-year-old.

"Have you never been to one?" I asked.

He stopped jumping and put his right hand on his upper left arm and bit his lip, "Well, I mean I have. But the last time was when I was six or seven. I don't really remember it, all I know was that I couldn't go on the big kid rides. But I'm taller now! So I can!"

I chuckled and threw my arm around his waist and pulled him close, "You're still pretty short. Sure they'll let you on the coasters?"

He crossed his arms, "I'm an even six feet tall, just because you're some oddly gigantic creature doesn't mean anything."

Creature? Ohhkay...

"Uh, two adults please," I told the lady up front.

"That'll be 50 dollars and 80 cents please," she replied, her voice monotone. I handed her a fifty and a five, "Keep the change."

She gave us our wristbands and I put mine on before helping the thin confused boy I decided to take.

He grinned as we officially stepped into the park. He grabbed onto my hand and squeezed.

Do I allow it? I'm not gay... people are staring...

"Luke!!! Looky! It's such a big thing! Can we pleeeaaasseeee go on that first?" He begged, his caramel coloured eyes glimmering with excitement.

Yes, I allow it. He's too damn cute not to allow it.

He pulled me forward and we ran towards The Mind Twister.

"Are loopy roller coasters fun?" He asked.

"Yeah, and this one only has three, so it's a nice starter for you," I replied, already tired from waiting in line.

About half an hour of waiting and nerve wracking stories of why Dylan was scared, we were sat in the seats, our feet dangling off the coaster chairs.

"This is it, oh my. I don't want to anymore, I'm scared," Dylan looked my way best he could.

"It's okay," I reassured him as the ride began to start. He dangled his feet, kicking them back and forth as we rode upwards. We got to the top.

"I don't want to. I'm scared. This was a baAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!" Dylan started screaming as we down, and looped, around, and looped. We went up again and Dylan was still screaming. "LUUUUKKEEE!!!" He happily screamed as we went around the third and final loop, "THIS IS SO MUCH FUN!"

The ride came to an abrupt stop, making every passengers head forcefully hit the headrest.

"Owwie, maybe not now," Dylan remarked before the ride pulled up to let us off. I got out and hopped to his side to grab him. He almost fell back into the seat, "Oh, I'm dizzy. Heheh... AGAIN!"

I chuckled as I linked my arm in his, dragging him away from his first amusement ride in years.

"Oh... log rides..." Dylan ran up to the line that people were also running to. I looked up to the darkening sky as I caught up with my date. Date? Yeah, date.

"I don't know if we'll be able to ride this one by the time we get to the front. It looks like a storm," I told Dylan, hoping he'd leave the line. He stood still.

Welp, there's no winning on my side I guess. I can't tell him no today, I just can't. He's having too much fun.

We got to the front of the line and small raindrops started falling. It was sprinkling.

"You're not shutting the ride down are you?" Dylan asked the guy running it.

"No man, it's just a little dribble, we don't start shutting things down till there's lightning," the tall Hispanic guy said.

"Oh, yay!" Dylan squeaked.

The guy laughed and stared at Dylan. My heart started pounding.

"Step this way, I'll help you on if you need help," the worker told Dylan as we walked forwards. My blood was boiling, anger was building up inside of me.

"No, I'll help him," I growled at the guy as I put my hands around my toys waist to help him in. I glared at the employee before sitting behind Dylan. The log was pushed forward and we began our journey.

"It's the most complex log ride I've ever been on. It goes around almost the entire park before taking you up to have a giant water slide at the end. It takes about 5 minutes to get to the hill part," I told him.

"Why were you being mean to that guy?" Dylan asked, leaning back onto my chest and stomach.

"He was eyeing you."

"What's that mean?"

"He was drooling over you, basically."

"Were you... jealous of him? Another guy giving me attention?"

My heart fluttered as he said jealous. Not a good flutter, more like a beat skip. Oh, I don't know.

"Jealous? Of course I was jealous, I l-" I stopped myself, "you're my toy, and only I can have fun with you and looking at you."

He slumped down farther, "Oh. Okay, is that why?"

I gulped,"Yeah. That's all."

The ride began to increase. It had already been five minutes?!

"This is it...." Dylan said in a surprisingly high pitched voice. We got to the top, "Hold on to the rails Dylan!"

He threw his hands in the air as we splashed downwards, and I could only mimic his arm thrusting. A camera flashed just as we reached the bottom, and we were completely soaked.

"Can we get the picture?" He asked as we passed the computer station by the ride. An ecstatic Dylan with his eyes shut and mouth open was being viewed, and my face... well... Hands up and a big smile had crept onto my face.

I put five dollars in the computer and clicked "log 13" and out came two copies of our pictures. I put them in my wallet to ensure their safety.

~~~~

6 hours of nonstop riding and sprinkling later, Dylan fell onto a bench.

"Tired?" I asked.

He only nodded in response.

I helped him up, "Come on. I'll take you home now."

On the way back to his house, we hit the main cite of the rainstorm. Heavy downpour of rain, and it was beginning to thunder. A strike of lightning came down, followed by a loud clap of thunder. Dylan yelped and covered his ears. I took a hand off the steering wheel to put it in his. I hope it was comforting.

We pulled up to his house and we both jumped out. I went to his side and the thunder was so loud, it vibrated the ground. Dylan fell into my arms, " I... I don't like it!!!" He started tearing up in the rain, his hair sticking to his forehead. I hugged him, "You're afraid of thunder... I realise now, you're so used to being alone... but I'm here now," his arms tightened around me, "but Dylan, you're not alone anymore."

A bolt of bright lighting pulsed down before another boom of thunder vibrated under us. Bad storm today...

I tapped his forehead with my chin.

He looked up, and as soon as he did, I put my hand under his chin and leaned down to kiss him. He stood on his tippy toes, an grabbed onto my shirt. I separated the kiss, "We better get you inside."

He walked inside, took his pictures from my wallet, and shut the door. I walked back into my truck and sat, dumbfounded.

Why? That kiss? Why did I—- why do I feel all tingly inside? Why are my cheeks tingly now too? A smile appeared on my face as I started the truck and drove away. Maybe I am, and maybe he's not my toy.

Don't be ridiculous, I told myself, he's just a boy and I'm straight.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 502 32
Sam's senior year at Ravendale, a mixed school for humans and furs was going to be different, he was sure of it, why else would he move schools right...
683 30 28
A love story of a young 17 year old boy, grew up with a rough past. His parents fought when he was young but in his past things changed as him and...
725K 23.5K 47
❝Okay, I bet I can seduce him by the end of this year.❞ ━━━━━━━━☾☽━━━━━━━━ Senior year has approached, and Blue couldn't be more anxious to graduate...
171K 7.4K 28
When Milo returns home from college for winter break, he's surprised to discover that his brother brought more than luggage and dirty laundry. Milo i...