𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞➳𝐟.𝗼.➳

By smokinhot_

BEING EDITED ➳➳➳ "A true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes while everyone else believes the sm... More

~Characters~
𝟶𝟷 - 𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝟶𝟸 - 𝙰𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚍
𝟶𝟹 - 𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚎𝚜𝚜𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜
𝟶𝟺 - 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜
𝟶𝟻 - 𝚅𝚊𝚒𝚗 𝚅𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚘𝚛
𝟶𝟼 - 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚜
𝟶𝟽 - 𝙻𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚕𝚢 𝚃𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝟶𝟾 - 𝙱𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚑𝚍𝚊𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝙻𝚒𝚏𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎
𝟶𝟿 - 𝙳𝚒𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜
𝟷𝟶 - 𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙵𝚕𝚒𝚎𝚜
𝟷𝟷 - 𝙻𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚈𝚘𝚞
𝟷𝟸 - 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙰𝚛𝚎𝚗𝚊
𝟷𝟹 - 𝙰𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚎
A/N
𝟷𝟻 - 𝚉𝚒𝚘𝚗
𝟷𝟼- 𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎
𝟷𝟽 - 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙰𝚐𝚊𝚒𝚗
𝟷𝟾 - 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍
𝟷𝟿 - 𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢 𝚂𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝙾𝚏 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚆𝚊𝚢
𝟸𝟶 - 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙲𝚛𝚢
𝟸𝟷 - 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚝
𝟸𝟸 - 𝟹 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝟸𝟹 - 𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚀𝚞𝚎𝚕𝚕
𝟸𝟺 - 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚜
𝟸𝟻 - 𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚞𝚋𝚎
𝟸𝟼 - 𝙰𝚕𝚕 𝙴𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝙾𝚗 𝚈𝚘𝚞
𝟸𝟽 - 𝙰𝚍𝚖𝚒𝚛𝚎
𝟸𝟾 - 𝙱𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍
𝟸𝟿 - 𝚅𝚘𝚒𝚌𝚎𝚜
𝟹𝟶 - 𝙷𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚏𝚝
𝟹𝟷 - 𝙼𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜
𝟹𝟸 - 𝚁𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚞𝚎

𝟷𝟺 - 𝚁𝚊𝚒𝚗

285 7 0
By smokinhot_

Song- Jungle by Emma Louise

Everything went black. I couldn't see until I could finally hear Tessa. She was talking, about random things.

"It's only been a few hours, but I feel like it's been months."

She was rambling, I always love when she does that. The words she was saying started getting clearer, and I had more control of my body. Soon I was opening my eyes, seeing the brightest light ever. I squinted, and Tessa's flaming red hair was starting to come into focus.

"Tessa?" I groaned out, my voice so raspy I could barely recognize it."Hey, Finn. I'm so so proud of you, we can finally go home. In peace, without worry. I love you. I love you so much."

Her eyes lit up, and she kissed my lips so gently I hardly noticed. There was an oxygen tube underneath my nose. I smiled as she cried, her soft rosy cheeks running a slightly darker color.

"We can go home, now. We can go home." She kept repeating. I just continued to smile at her, my eyes semi-closed. I felt really drowsy, but that was probably the meds. "I love you so much, Tessa"

~

"Finnick..."

Ceasers name called out to me from the stage.

"I think we are all astonished on how you played." He laughed as the crowd cheered loudly. I smiled brightly at the cameras, then back to Ceaser.

"Well, I tried my best. For my angel." I whispered the last part, but he still heard me.

"Angel? Care to elaborate Mr. Odair?"

I just laughed looking down at my lap. I was wearing a white tux that had sparkles on it. My button up had been buttoned down so you could see my chest. My hair had been softened with conditioner and shampoo that smelled of bath salts and eucalyptus.

"My little angel that came with me. She helped me win and I couldn't thank her enough. She was there waiting for me to wake up with her flaming hair. I thought I'd died, but I saw her and felt pure love and luck." I smiled brightly at the camera, then to Tessa who was in the front row of seats.

She was wearing a dress that match my tux, white with sparkles. It was hugged around her curves to the floor, and was strapless. Her hair was curled to beach waves, and her makeup matched. Paired with white stilettos with a silver metallic heel. She was wishing me good luck before going on stage, she looked divine.

She really was my angel.

We were finally on the train, going home. Nadiyah congratulated me multiple times, followed up by a, "Two victors in a row!"

Tess never left my side. I never left hers.

Soon enough, we made it to District 4, safe and sound. They water yet again grey as last year. Must happen every year.

We loaded off the train, and onto the stage where everyone was watching. Tessa stepped back, letting me stand with Nadiyah like she had last year. Deja vu everywhere.

Nadiyah congratulated me more times than I could count, with Tess behind me, and I saw an extremely happy Annie in the front row of the crowd. Maybe we would all turn out okay.

After the speech, we moved all my stuff into my house next door to Tess and Annie's. Mags was Tessa's other neighbor, she practically raised them. And me, after my parents died.

It was peaceful and cloudy when a boom of thunder rang from the sky.

"Guess wants having a rainy day." I smiled to Tessa. I knew she loved the rain. Hell, she probably loved the rain more than swimming.

She didn't say anything, but I saw how comforted she looked at the moment. Annie was tired, so she went up to bed. I was staying at their house because I like being with them, and it felt more like home.

Me and Tessa were sitting on the couch listening to the rain. She laid her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes contently.

~Tess's POV~

I was free. Free from the Games, free from Landry and being sold, free from Snow. Me, Finnick, and Annie could live in peace.

But right now, I just wanted to cherish this moment with Finnick. My head on his shoulder, his arm around mine.

"I don't want to fall asleep. I'm afraid of what might haunt me." Finn whispered so quietly I could barely hear him.

"I know. I was too. I'll be here if something happens Finn." I looked at the burning fireplace. "Can we lay down? I don't want to be alone or go upstairs." Finnick's soft voice cracked again.

"Yeah whatever you'd like, love."

We layed down, I decided to calm him by running my hands through his hair. His head resting on my heart. I felt closer to him than ever. It may to early to say this, but

"I love you so much."

Word Count
{840}

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

516 68 18
Finnick Odair × OC (Fem) The 63rd Annual Hunger Games Won by an 18-year-old girl from District 5 and in doing so, she is added to the long generation...
1.3K 32 19
Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark are victoriously crowned victors of the 3rd Quarter Quell, along with fellow tributes Finnick Odair and Johanna Ma...
7.8K 95 12
"Only victor to have ever killed seventeen tributes all by herself. She is the one to watch. Her father is just as dangerous. Together they will be u...
19.9K 545 53
❝Who are you? Who 𝘢𝘮 I?❞ ✑✑✑✑ All tributes know when and how they get in the Arena. The Victor, however, never knows when or how they get out. Not...