The Darkest Awakening Vol. 7

By Zoethe80slover

After becoming the new Guardian, Brad started to experience pressure trying to balance between being a Guardi... More

Season 1: 1# A Month Later
Season 1: 2# Guardianship Is Hard
Season 1: 3# Techno and Jschlatt's Funeral
Season 1: 4# Unfinished Business
Season 1: 5# Mat Is Free
Season 1: 6# Just The Beginning
Season 2: 1# Back To College
Season 2: 2# Orientation
Season 2: 4# Aimsey Vs. Tubbo
Season 2: 5# Welcome To College, Boomer
Season 2: 6# See You Next Week
Season 3: 1# Heading To Norwich
Season 3: 2# Searching Through The Debris
Season 3: 3# Zodiac Heroes Vs That Goddamn Caretaker
Season 3: 4# Bill And Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Season 3: 5# Waking Up From A Coma
Season 3: 6# Out Of The Hospital
Season 4: 1# Back To The Trains
Season 4: 2# Curt And Roland
Season 4: 3# The Time Wasters
Season 4: 4# We Meet Again
Season 4: 5# Going To Cardiff
Season 4: 6# A Flashback
Season 5: 1# Welcome To Swansea
Season 5: 2# Bumping Into Each Other
Season 5: 3# The Healer And Inheritance
Season 5: 4# The Most Powerful Zodiac Hero
Season 5: 5# Going Home
Season 5: 6# We Will Return

Season 2: 3# Andrew's Execution

1 0 0
By Zoethe80slover

Author's note:

Okay so before we get started, I'd like to say that I had put this book on break for like 10 days to work on my comic series. But now it's back. Before we continue, I will now refer to Cassie/Snifferish as 'Cass.' Anyways, enjoy.

Zach's POV

Now is the time we'll see Andrew's execution and the entire event would be intense. The Fire-based heroes and I are going to be the executioners. But just before we go to the scaffold and kill Andrew right before our eyes, we have to give off our speeches before his death.

Mr Tan: Good evening Spirits, tonight, you're going to oversee the execution of Andrew Baynton. 

Aimee: Is this the first time seeing an execution?

Cass: Yes, but I'm pretty sure it isn't for the others, I mean, look at Tubbo, he seems intense.

Bill: Didn't he say something about being almost executed before?

Ranboo: He did.

Mr Tan: So now I'll have Andrew's twin brother, Mat, come up here to give a speech. Followed by Tubbo, Tommy, Ben and Larry.

Mat went up to the pedestal with Tubbo, Tommy. Ben and Larry are in the queue. I anxiously listened to what Mat was going to say because what he said shocked me. It is one of the most detailed speeches against Andrew I have ever heard.

Mat: Good evening, I have one final thing to say to Andrew but first, let me talk about my relationship with him. Andrew is my twin brother but we never got along and our relationship got worse ever since Hitler came to power. 

Oli: Hitler?

Mat: Even though he is of Jewish descent, he was antisemitic and supports the Nazi ideology. That is the reason why we were estranged, he'd constantly bully me for being Jewish and for having a learning disability. It got worse when I started dating Ben, Andrew was homophobic. He found another excuse to make fun of me. When Andrew moved to Germany, I was happy but when we reunited, it was the worst nightmare.

Andrew: No, you are.

Mat: Shut up, Andrew. So before I say farewell to you, I'd like to say you suck, you don't deserve to be an uncle to my children. Thank you.

After Mat stepped down from the pedestal, Tubbo went up and gave a speech. The tone of his speech is softer and less detailed compared to Mat's. But he still remembered all the bad things Andrew had done toward him and the entire team and he was even on a verge of going insane.

Toby: Good evening, this is my speech about Andrew and the bad things he did. He is one of the most traumatising people I've ever met, he almost killed my dad right before my eyes when he was trying to kill me. I suffered from depressive episodes and PTSD again because of him.

Ranboo: Is he crying?

Oli: Seems like it.

Karl: Can't tell.

Toby: If you guys want to support Andrew, go ahead, I don't give a damn about it unless you wanna be executed. And Andrew, I dunno why you're still alive at this point but I can't wait for you to die.

Wendy: Did he just..?

Aimee: He's starting to act like a psycho at this point.

Toby: Thank you.

Tommy went up to the pedestal looking a little concerned about Tubbo. I even wondered if he's gone mad or not or if he's slowly becoming a psychopath or a sociopath. What's going on with his mental health now? This is getting concerning.

Tommy: Andrew hasn't been the best uncle, even though that's a forgivable trait, I'm not going to ignore it. He ripped off my PICC line and I lost a lot of blood to the point my blood pressure and oxygen levels dropped like a rock in the water. I had to be intubated and in the ICU because of that. And then on oxygen for a few weeks.

Bill: I feel bad for Tommy and Tubbo.

Aimee: Same. But Tubbo's acting off. Have you noticed anything different after Mat woke up?

Cassie: Sort of.

Aimee: Sure hope he's okay.

Tommy: Next thing I know, he almost killed Tubbo until dad and uncle Larry stepped in.

While Tommy was giving out a speech, I noticed Tubbo on a verge of having a panic attack. I was worried and Tommy had just finished his speech so he also became worried. We both went up to Tubbo and tried to comfort him followed by Mat, Ben, Eryn, Ranboo and Mei.

Zach: Tubbo, Tubbo, calm down, we don't want you having another lung infection.

Ben W: Hey bud, what's wrong?

Toby: I don't want to think about it anymore.

Mat: What?

Tommy: Tubbo's at the point he's going insane, his mental health is deteriorating. 

Mei: Mental health?

Tommy: He remembered the day you were almost killed, dad, while you were in a coma, he kept mumbling to himself that it should've been him and that he's blaming himself. Even if we told him multiple times that it wasn't his fault and that dad just wanna protect him.

Toby: Just execute him, get it over with.

Larry: But I haven't done my speech yet.

Ben: I'll talk to Mr Tan and we'll get the execution started.

Mat: Can you stand?

Toby: Yeah.

Tommy: He just had a meltdown.

Eryn: We'll just sit down with the audience.

Mei: Good luck you guys.

Eryn: Oh and make sure Andrew doesn't escape like what happened with Technoblade.

Toby: Hope so.

Without hesitation, Andrew is fully tied up to the stake as we prepare to shoot him with our Fire-based powers. This is in case he tried to escape because we don't want something similar to Technoblade's execution to happen again. Mr Tan came up to the pedestal before we finally execute Andrew.

Mr Tan: Alright, we have to cut the speeches short because Tubbo wants to get it over with. So, any last words, Andrew?

Andrew: I'd like to say a huge f-

Darryl: Language!

Andrew: Towards you, Mat, towards your stupid American pig for your husband.

Ben W: I'm half American, dude.

Andrew: And towards your stupid son who can't even read.

Toby: It's dyslexia you flannel.

Andrew: And that blonde one with tubes sticking out of his arm.

Tommy: It's a PICC line for vasopressin.

Andrew: To all those machos and chinks and the n-

Eryn: Please no.

Andrew: And to all of you, wish you lot were dead instead of me.

Mr Tan: Alright, thank you, Andrew, we can get started with the execution right now.

We stood in our positions and shot fire toward Andrew. Some of us used blue fire in order to make Andrew's death more painful than it actually is. But just as we were going to get him on fire, he disappeared which is strange. Considering the fact that Andrew is a Hybrid, he could teleport but how could he still do it without the Dragon gem?

Zach: What the?

Jim: Good heavens, where has he gone?

Karl: Oh my God.

Bea: What is it, Karl?

Karl: This is just like how I predicted.

Zion: What? What do you mean? Do you predict shit like this?

Karl: Because I knew that it's gonna happen, you know what happened with Technoblade? That.

Andrew: You can't catch me, idiots!

Toby: He's getting away!

Zach: Karl! Rewind!

Karl: How? You can't rewind something you already predicted.

Tina: You gotta be kidding me.

Aimee: Coming from someone who grew up with a bunch of Time Travelling spirits, he's right.

Bill: What are we going to do now?

Andrew: You can't do anything right now, you're doomed. This is your curse.

Larry: Oh dear.

Then, dark clouds started appearing and the winds are immediately getting stronger. This is the 3rd time a storm is hitting us I dunno when it would ever end. Guess this is it, we have to surrender to this curse Andrew had put on us. It wasn't until a frog randomly appeared on Hannah's head. It isn't just any frog, it is a Frog Light Spirit, I can tell because of the patterns on this frog.

Cara: Hannah, why is there a frog on your head.

Hannah: It's not just any frog, it's my friend.

Luke H: And what's the name of this friend?

Sam: That's Boomer, his human name is Dylan but we call him Boomer.

Noah B: Cool, another Spiritual being joining our team.

Mr Tan: Really? What's his name?

Hannah: His name is Dylan.

Martha: A Welsh name? Nice.

Zach: Didn't know that's a Welsh name.

Mr Tan: Alright, you can transform into a human.

Hannah: Do I have to kiss it?

Zoe: Eww...

Kan: You seriously don't have to.

The frog jumped to the ground and transformed into a human. A human is a young man in his early 20s and he's shorter than Hannah. He is wearing a frog bucket hat along with an entirely white outfit and it seems like he has blonde hair and blue eyes. I was also surprised that he's a bit shorter than Hannah.

Dylan: That was easy. Hannah, Sam, who are these people?

Hannah: Chillout, they are the Zodiac heroes.

Dylan: The world-famous Zodiac heroes? You gotta be kidding me. 

Zach: We're not technically famous but yeah, that's us. The Zodiac heroes.

Dylan: That's awesome.

Mr Tan: And you're gonna be part of us. 

Dylan: Really?

Brad: Yeah. Just hold on to this Dragon Gem and you'll officially be one of us. 

Dylan: What will happen?

Brad: You'll have to stick to your human form forever and only transform into your Spirit form when there's an emergency. Also, you'll also wear an amulet and you'll get your elemental powers.

Dylan: Cool, I'm in.

Floris: Dude, you sure?

Toby: Being a Zodiac hero is also pressure, you need to fight off Spirits when you try to live a normal life.

Mat: Normal is overrated though.

Dylan: If it comes to saving the day, I'm definitely in.

Brad: Alright, welcome to the Zodiac heroes.

Dylan held on to the Dragon Gem and now he's an official Zodiac hero. We haven't recruited Yuansu Park spirits in a long time but we're still in desperate need of more heroes. Andrew, Dream, Chase and Medusa are getting more and more powerful every single day. 

Bill: Is everyone required to do that?

Toby: Only the Yuansu Park spirits, if you're a fully-realised Zodiac hero, you don't need to touch the Dragon Gem. 

Noah B: Yeah.

Aimee: It's the fact we've been fully realised Zodiac heroes since the Zodiac heroes were formed. 

Zach: How can you tell if the new team of Zodiac heroes returned?

Cass: While we were in the orphanage, a beam of shining light appeared from afar and our powers started getting more powerful. Our caretaker went full-on Karen because of that and banned any Zodiac hero from using their powers.

Cara: That's not fair.

Tommy: Imagine.

Freddie: I wonder why Zodiac heroes are always mistreated for no reason?

Toby: No idea.

After Dylan became an official Zodiac hero, all the Water-based heroes and I got some water and cleansed him with it. Just to say that he's an official Water-based hero now as frogs belong to the water. We also needed to know if he could dry himself up with the help of his newfound powers.

Dylan: Why did you guys splash water on me?

Brad: For new Water-based heroes, you need to be splashed on and then you need to use your own powers to get the water out.

Noah B: You guys didn't do it to me.

Karl: That's cuz you're a shark and sharks don't have legs and you've been living in the holy waters of the Shui river.

Noah B: That would explain that.

Mat: Alright, so you need to dry yourself with your Water-based powers so that you could show us that you really are a Water-based hero.

Dylan: Alright, here goes nothing.

Hannah: Good luck, Boomer.

With the help of his Water-based powers, Boomer finally managed to get the water out of his clothes. As part of the ritual, he used the water to give life to all of the plants of Yuansu Park. Because to the Spirits, water is life.

Dylan: So, how did I do?

Aimee: You did wonderfully.

Corbyn: Yeah, you seem like a natural compared to new Zodiac heroes.

Dylan: Consider the fact I've been living in Yuansu Park as a Frog Light Spirit, I am. Do you guys stay in the dorms or something?

Hannah: We do, wish we could just show you around but we don't have time, we have to focus on chasing Andrew down.

Dylan: That Nazi dude you were trying to execute?

Mat: How do you know?

Dylan: I was watching from the audience. You know how many spirits come and watch the execution. Especially the fact you guys decided to abolish it and this was supposed to be the last execution.

Alex: We originally intended to have Tubbo's execution be the last execution but then we decided to execute Technoblade and then it will be the last time an execution takes place. Until I decided to limit execution only to people who are against us if the Zodiac hero requested it. And since Mat requested Andrew to be executed, this happened.

Dylan: But seriously though, I haven't paid attention to the speeches so why do you guys wanna kill Andrew so badly?

Brad: The misuse of the Dragon Gem, neo-Nazism and almost killing a Zodiac hero.

Mat: Yeah, and being racist, homophobic and ableist.

Dylan: Isn't that part of Nazism?

Mat: Yeah.

Dylan: Why did Andrew decide to be a Nazi?

Mat: Long story. We have to track him down.

Zach: Let's head to the library, we can study a thing or 2 about Zodiac history. And how to track down a Dark or Hybrid Spirit.

We all went to the library to get some books and to study Zodiac History and how to track down a Dark or Hybrid Spirit. While my other teammates find some books, I decided to show Boomer around the library. Also to prepare him for a possible enrollment as a 1st Year University student.

Dylan: Do you guys come here often?

Zach: Yes, as both a meeting spot and a study area. Cool, right?

Dylan: Yeah. What do you usually study here?

Zach: Zodiac History. Just to learn the origins of our kind. Right now, we're learning about Frog Light Spirits.

Dylan: That's amazing, you guys.

Zach: We're also learning about how to track down Dark and Hybrid Spirits.

Dylan: Wait, aren't some of you guys Dark or Hybrid Spirits?

Zach: Yeah, I'm a Hybrid myself too. We just need to figure out how to track Andrew down as he's also a Hybrid. He and Mat are identical twins.

Dylan: Evil twins, am I right?

Zach: Yeah. Hybrids are meant to be the bridge between Light and Dark Spirits but I guess some of them can be evil. This also applies to Light Spirits, like Technoblade.

Dylan: Yeah. Well, Spirits aren't made to be perfect. Some Darkies can have Light inside of them while some Lighties can have Dark inside of them. Sometimes Hybrids could be a mix of those imperfections. But whatever happens, we're all Spirits,

Zach: You're probably right, I mean we do have flaws. Take Mat, for example, he's that hot-headed Guardian who is a Water-based hero. Water-based heroes are meant to be flowing and not tough. But not everyone is the same.

Dylan: I agree. What happened to him? Why is he on oxygen like you?

Zach: Pulmonary fibrosis after waking up from a coma which lasted a month.

Dylan: Ohh so that's why he said 'almost killed' earlier.

Zach: Because Andrew was supposed to shoot Lunatite towards Tubbo but then Larry and Mat stepped in. Larry ended up injuring his knee after Mat pushed him aside. Mat took the bullet.

Dylan: Wow.

Zach: Yeah.

Dylan: I wanna continue exploring, this place is cool.

Zach: Whatever you say.

We continued exploring the library and Dylan found a stupidly funny children's book about frogs. I wonder why an elite school for Zodiac heroes would have a stupid children's book filled with pictures. So I kept it so that I could give it to Lavender to keep her entertained. And I know she likes books as well.

Dylan: Why did you decide to keep the stupid children's book?

Zach: It's for Lavender, one of our youngest members.

Dylan: Oh, okay. Why do you have a child in your team?

Zach: Ask my friend, Jack.

Dylan: Jack as in Jack Manifold or Jack Avery?

Zach: Jack Avery, he was one of my earliest friends when I first studied in Australia.

Dylan: Cool.

We went back to the study area to study Frog Light Spirits and how to track down a Dark spirit. I gave Lavender the children's book as we began studying. I made sure the font is dyslexia-friendly in case any of us has dyslexia. Just halfway through studying, my telepathy became haywire when I noticed Tubbo having another meltdown.

Zach: Tubbo?

Bill: Is he alright?

Aimee: Tubbo, you alright?

Toby: No.

Aimee: Why? What happened?

Toby: I don't wanna talk about it.

Aimee: You can tell me, I'm your teammate.

Toby: Don't push it.

Mat: Aimsey, if he doesn't wanna talk about it, you shouldn't push him to say it.

Aimee: I know he'd open up to you, you're his father. But what about everyone else?

Tommy: Aimsey, you can't force him.

Aimee: Then maybe I have to. Tell me loser! Tell me what's wrong!

Everyone: Woah.

Beau: Dude, chill.

Tina: Aimsey, stop!

Zach: Alright alright. Maybe we should take this outside, I know we have to study right now but I have a gut feeling that this is more important.

Dylan: Dude.

Kyle: It'd be cool to experience studying in a library in an elite school, not seeing a 20-year-old woman fight an 18-year-old.

Kan: You're 20? I didn't know that.

Aimee: Yeah I'm super short but whatever.

Zach: Let's just take this to Yuansu Park.

Freddie: You're a good leader.

Zach: Thank you.

After I settled the fight, we all went to Yuansu Park where I'll make Tubbo and Aimsey duel. Once we got there, we are ready for the duel. We'll watch as Tubbo and Aimsey fight each other. I know violence isn't the right solution but I guess I have no choice because Zodiac heroes fight a lot.

Zach: Alright you 2, this is a duel where you can pick whatever power you could use in the battle and when one of you is down, the other wins fair and square. 

Tommy: That reminds me of when I had a duel with Dream.

Eryn: Did you win?

Tommy: No, I passed out from low blood pressure so he won.

Zach: Tobias James Smith and Aimee, are you ready to duel?

Aimee: I dunno, I'm starting to feel bad.

Toby: Let's do it.

Mei: Not Tubbo willingly wanting to beat up his own teammate.

Mat: He's blinded by his own rage and grief.

Larry: Didn't know he could be that grief-stricken.

Ben W: Poor kid lost his parents.

Zach: Alright, ready, set, duel!

The end...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.2K 116 13
Cassie was an Innocent human that was nice and beautiful but she can be stubborn at times. She loves to sing and dance but is to shy to do in front...
3.9K 93 16
A love triangle Maze Runner trilogy "And then one day someone walks into your life, a total stranger, and they become so important to you, and while...
78.5K 3K 28
twilight but not completely fucking awful. zach herron has lived in san francisco his whole life which probably isn't the ideal place for someone li...
16.2K 841 25
*This series is set in the 2012 version but does not follow the canonical timeline; this series will have many references to events that happened in...