Dimensions || taekook

By x13434o

In which Jeon Jungkook stumbles upon the very mismatching world of the Royal Family by accident, particularly... More

Prologue: The Deer
Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
bye (?)

Chapter 32

1.6K 81 37
By x13434o

"Wait... Prince Taehyung..?"

The blueberry-haired boy immediately froze on the spot. That sudden moment, it all hit him like a huge pile of rocks raining from above.

That was why the boy looked so familiar. That was why Jungkook had looked so uncomfortable even before the boy started speaking. It wasn't an actual stranger, he knew the boy. From Elysium.

It was the Duke and Duchess' son, Jung Hoseok. The boy that had turned into a legend, a myth. A tragedy, even. Taehyung, after briefly having met Hoseok when he had visited for tea, knew him to be dead, lost in the woods and fallen victim to some evil force. After having learned about the mysterious lost Duke's son, he had drawn all sorts of conclusions to fulfill his romanticized, literature-based fantasies, ranging from evil, bloodthirsty beasts to magic fairies. Until Jungkook had told him he actually visited his high school, of course. But what were the odds?

He had completely forgotten about Jung Hoseok, that was, until now. All he could do is simply stare with a racing heart beating loudly out of anxiety. What if Hoseok would expose all of Elysium's existence to this world? It would be like playing with fire, risking all sorts of horrible, horrible outcomes.

So, all he could do was appear to look confused and raise a brow. "I beg your pardon?"
The orange-haired boy quickly shook his head, two halves of his brain seemingly fighting each other as he kept staring at the prince in utter disbelief. "Sorry, I thought I recognized someone," he quickly mumbled, which was quite unlike his usual pompous and blaring self. And just like that, he turned on his heel and rushed away.

"God, I completely forgot about him. He's really him, is he? The Duke's son who went missing in Elysium?," Jungkook inquired, the older nodding gravely at that. What would be smarter, gain Hoseok's trust and make sure he wouldn't utter a single word about Elysium to his friends or simply do nothing and hope for the best? Both options could end catastrophically.

Luckily, both boys were shaken out of their trains of thoughts.

"Hey, Taehyung." Surprisingly enough, it was Min Yoongi, standing there with his hands in his pockets, almost appearing nervous.
"Look, I just had a talk with my little brother. He goes to the elementary school just over there. He fell off the climbing wall today and he got hurt, mom almost went nuts out of worry. But he was much calmer than we expected at the doctor's, and he told us you helped him."

"He seems to really like you and he can't wait to meet you again." Yoongi smiled a little, which made Taehyung's eyes light up in delight. "You're like, his hero now. He's absolutely obsessed with your hair colour. And speaking of, how come your hair is blue? Don't tell me you don't even have plumbing or electricity in your secret kingdom but perfectly functioning hair dye?"

The prince shrugged playfully. "Our very own secret. Tell your little brother I would be delighted to spend time with him. Little children are just the most endearing creatures!" The other chuckled.
"Wait until you spend a week with them. You can have Ki-joon if you like, he's a pain. Especially when mom forces him to eat his vegetables." Taehyung and Jungkook joined the laughter.

"What's so funny?" Yugyeom joined them momentarily, looking puzzled and a little emotionally distant. "Haven't seen you laugh like this in a while, Yoongs."

"We were just talking about Taehyung helping my little brother when he was injured. He just jumped into the elementary school's patio to treat his wounds without hesitation. What an icon, honestly." Yoongi started laughing again, but the dirty blonde didn't join him.

"How unprofessional." An uncomfortable silence took place, in which Jungkook gave him a reproachful look at his friend's rude tone.
"I mean, we're not allowed over there like, ever. But I guess you succeeded in getting lots of attention." Yugyeom shrugged.

"I wasn't trying to--" Taehyung stopped himself mid-sentence and smiled forcefully instead, remembering that this was Jungkook's respectable friend and knowing it was best to be polite and try to gain his affections, even if it seemed to be a long and weary process.

Because even if Yoongi had somewhat grew to like him a little due to the incident with his little brother, Yugyeom surely hadn't.

°○●○●○°

"A month it has been. A month since my son has run away with that savage brute!"

The King of Elysium stood tall in front of his throne, glaring at his soldiers condescendingly. With a strong force, he hit the marble floor with his gilden cepter. The heavily armed men avoided his gaze of blaze and fury, visibly cowering.

"What are you doing?! By now, you shall have inspected the entire village, and not have left a single stone unturned!" The king stomped on the floor angrily.
"B-But Your Grace," the chief soldier stuttered. "We have. W-We invaded every single room in every single house, every single inn a-and even every single brothel..."

"Then search again!," the man thundered. "My son cannot make himself invisible, can he?!" The soldier stepped back fearfully, his head doing something peculiar that resembled a nod and a shake simultaneously.

"Your Grace," a feminine voice interrupted softly but confidently. It was the kitchen maid, Yujin, a smirk on her face that had something of scheme and mischief.
"I am afraid what has been said holds truth. You will not find the crown prince anywhere in Elysium."

The king furrowed his brows. "Whatever do you mean, girl? Speak up!," he spat, but she did not even flinch and maintained her almost complacent expression. "I mean," she answered calmly, "that your son never intended to hide in the village. For that 'savage brute' he escaped with is not from Elysium. He is from the other world, the commoners' world."

Immediately, there was a huge ruckus. The guards gasped, some of them whispered in agitation, others were simply struck with fear and shock. It was as if Yujin had just announced a third World War.

"That... that simply is not possible. Do not waste my time with foolish accusations, silly servant girl," the ruler growled, although even he appeared to be shocked at first. Anyone would have dropped on their knees and begged for forgiveness if the King of Elysium were this angry at them, but Chou Yujin didn't budge.

"Your Grace, do you really think I would present you a false accusation without any justification?" Out of her skirt's pockets, she pulled a set of keys. The guards immediately furrowed their eyebrows in confusion, as the size and shape of the keys seemed highly preposterous to them. And that was because these were the keys that Jungkook had lost in the woods, the very thing that brought him here and that he forgot to take back.

"What is this? Aren't these but simple keys?," the king demanded. She put them back into her pocket and bowed instead.
"Why, yes. But you might be interested to know that the shape and material these are made of will not fit through any door in Elysium. Our keyholes are much bigger, our keys are thicker and rougher."

"You might find it interesting that I found this in Prince Taehyung's chambers. Laying right by a lonely mattress, provided with blanket and pillow... A perfect spot for a citizen from the commoners' world, fled inside here. Have you ever seen that man apply to be a servant here? No. Are you not curious why?" Now everything was silent again. Yujin had surely convinced them, for they were now all thinking fearfully.

"This might all be a misunderstanding. Your theory is far-fetched. Bring me more pieces of evidence and we shall discuss it!," the king spoke stubbornly, however, even his rough features couldn't suppress the face of pure horror, fear and dread. Most importantly above all, conviction.

"Why," Yujin simpered. "Of course, Your Grace." And out of her pocket she pulled another thing, and this time, no bundle of keys. But a set of blue jeans and a plain white shirt, these pieces of clothing presenting evidence as hard and solid as diamond rock.

"Do you now believe me?," she asked triumphantly. "If there is anything we villagers and royals know about the common world, it is their dress! Plain material and most importantly, these preposterous blue trousers!" Now, soldiers gasped the loudest they had all day, some looking close to losing consciousness. Had the Queen been here, she would've been sure to fall victim to a severe hysterical fit.

"This-- This-- I cannot believe it!" Yujin bowed again.
"I swear by the name of my parents, Your Grace, that nothing I ever tell you differs from the truth. Why would I lie to my beloved kingdom's ruler?"

"There must be action taken immediately! Bring me my royal advisor!," the ruler bellowed, two guards immediately bowing and running out of the throne immediately, hard steps echoing loudly in the divine room.
"May I suggest something, Your Grace?"

"Me taking advice from a poor servant-- do you truthfully think so poorly of me? However, your discoveries have been of aid to me. Speak, if you must."
"Why don't you send your guards out to the commoners' world and let them search there? That is the only possibility of ever getting your son back."

"And what if war erupts? Will you, servant girl take responsibility for bloodshed and lives taken?" The girl nodded solemnly.
"Why of course, I shall. And if my advice should have been of aid for you, you may thank me with a promotion, and financial aid for my mother, father, brothers and sisters."

"You--" The king looked angry once more. "You're a smart one, aren't you? But yes, I shall agree to your terms if my guards find anything within a week's time. Communication can be ensured through post doves."

"Forgive me for asking, Your Grace, but are you certain mere birds will succeed in such a task? They are animals, with brainpower much weaker than ours!" He scoffed.
"Animals in Elysium, they are an intelligent breed for certain, provided with powerful instincts and mechanisms more skillful than any human could ever own. Especially doves, or deer in the forest. Rulers long before me have even considered them as beings who exist in different dimensions, or different worlds, if you may."

"But--"
"Do me a favour and leave this room right this instant. I must give up my dignity as a man and ruler for a little while and thank you, servant girl, for your information and insight. I will keep my word, be ensured of that. But now, your presence is not required anymore. See yourself off." Yujin curtseyed with a bitter and daring smile, complying and strutting out of the throne room as if she were queen herself.

"Your Grace," the sergeant spoke as soon as she was gone, "are you certain there is truth in anything the kitchen maid told you? It could be an utter waste of time, not to mention the dangerous events that might result in such a... such a coup? There is a boundary between our worlds for a reason, breaking it would mean taking huge risks. May I--"

"Silence!," the ruler roared. "This is my son we are talking about! Not only must he return to rule when I am no more, I will not go down as a king who lost his son to the commoners' world!"
"You make it sound as if your time is due soon. Your Grace, is there anything endangering your health?"

"I don't recall asking you to inquire about my physical health, sergeant! I command you to cross the borders between our worlds, I command you to not leave a stone unturned until you find Taehyung and I command you to bring him back to me, no matter how many souls you must hurt, how much blood you must shed, how many lives you must take!" The soldiers bowed down at once.

"Your wish is our command, Your Grace," they chanted in unison.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: hi hi hiii, i have easter holidays rn but i'll have to start studying and practising again on saturday so idk if i can maintain a good updating schedule but i'll try my best🥰🥰

i'll just watch my nostalgic barbie movie and sleep shdhdjjs hope you'll have a great day and thank you so much for reading so far, you're amazing and i love you for it💜💜)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

416K 27.2K 53
"You are, Jeon Jeongguk, the pirate who have been in wars against many kingdoms , telling us that you have fallen for our son, and asking us for perm...
341K 25.1K 35
In a universe where elves and magic exist, Jeon Jeongguk is so desperately trying to train the newfound prince raised as a human all his life, Kim Ta...
1.4K 163 42
In a realm where two powerful kingdoms stand in a questionable friendship, Prince Jeongguk the III and Prince Taehyung find themselves drawn together...