Wish Upon A Fading Star

By zoeyy_2919

What a lucky Malia to have something that makes saying goodbye so difficult. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A/N
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Announcement
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
CHITCHAT
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
APPRECIATION
New Book!

Chapter 38

577 61 99
By zoeyy_2919

The day has finally here. Today is the day to make a difference in someone's life. Today is already the day for others to rest. And today is the day for Irene to bring some light for Malia.
_______________________________________________________________________________

Irene POV:

"You ready?" Greggy quote me when I'm just finished preparing myself.

"I-I am. Just wait me downstairs" I answered and he just followed which I made my way to Malia.

"If you imagine this is my final encounter with you, you are mistaken. I will find you in every incarnation and I will always be your mother, my dear Malia. Ikaw pa rin ang pipiliin kong mahalin sa susunod na habang buhay" and kissed her from the nose to forehead.

"You're too young to rest this early, and as a mother. I will give everything just for you to be happy. I will see you on the other side. Mahal na mahal kita higit pa sa alam mo" I added and already exited the room.

It's 6:30 am palang and it's quite dark pa, even though I'm already downstairs I couldn't find Greggy. We're going to visit daddy's grave first, and my surgery in the hospital is scheduled around 3:00 PM, although the doctor advised me to arrive seven hours before to the surgery.

"Hey!" someone spoke behind me and offer me a slow dance.

"Hi! Aren't we going to left already? Baka magising si Malia, I can't go on with the decision I made mamaya"

"We still have a plenty of time, yet I want to have a last dance with you" he said and made me turn.

"Ikaw talaga Gregorio, but I just want to tell you something"

"That is, when I'm already gone, please look after our daughter and sons. You have the freedom to do whatever you want and to find another person who can bring you delight. I apologize for what I did to you back then, but I'm already letting you go now. From now on, you can love whomever you choose, as long as it makes you happy, and I want to see you happy. Just don't abandon Malia. You can create a new life and family, for sure I'll be very happy for you" I added.

"Stop saying that Irene, you think I'll be moving on that simple? You know that we've been together for 38 years Irene, I can't just replace you like that and no one could ever replace you. And even one of us is resting already, and what will happen after this will surely breaks our heart that we couldn't continue anymore, we hope that even if our eyes will never meet again, then perhaps our soul will. Even we can't continue our love now, maybe just and maybe there's a version of our story that made it work and had a happy ending. It just wasn't this in lifetime but perhaps in a million others there's a chance. And the memory of you, is so comfortable that it feels more than a home to me. Whenever my mind is lost, it always finds its way back to you. We are on endless journey through eternity. We have a lifetime after a lifetime. What we don't work out in one life, we will work out in another. I know you belong with me. Maybe in another world or lifetime, but I know you belong with me. And it's always going to be us Irene. My heart is and will always be yours" and after that he kissed me. A kiss that like a fire within your bones. A kiss like your soul returned to water. And a kiss that he's begging me to stay.

"Let's go na, I don't want to stay here pa. Baka mamaya someone will beg me to stay" I declare and he just nod while carrying the bag I prepare.

I stared this house for a while at pinalibot ang tingin ko. Especially to a family painting of us that is hanging through the wall.

"Even when I'm already gone. Remember I'll always love the four of you"

"There's no turning back Irene" I note to myself and take a deep breath decided to left the house already.

We headed at daddy's grave first just want to said goodbye to him for we're going to meet after this.

"Well I guess magkikita na tayo mamaya daddy" I state while putting the flowers to his grave.

"I know if you're still alive, you'll be very disappointed to the situations I made and most especially on how I treated my own daughter back then. I was very disappointed at myself also, what kind of a wife or a mother I am. But here I am now, compensating the shortcomings I did. Malia doesn't deserve what she has. I want my daughter to be alive and pursue what she want to become, kahit buhay ko pa ang kapalit manatili lang si Malia ay gagawin ko. At ito na nga. I know when I wake up later, ikaw nag kauna-unahang makikita ko. I know that you're going to scold me but that's fine. Sino ba ang hindi magagalit sa mga pinag gagawa ko? I'm so sorry if I fail as your daughter, a wife and most especially a mother" I added and already bid my goodbyes to daddy at ganoon rin si Greggy.

We already head to the hospital and he said that the whole family will be here later. Just except for Malia who doesn't know any of this.

When the both of us are entering the hospital, Dr. Ysabella was the one who accompany and brought us to a room.

"Since the surgery is at 3:00PM pa naman po, dito na lang muna kayo manatili for a nurse will be here soon and check for your vital signs and will be taking some blood samples of you Mrs. Araneta" she said and a s a response I just nod while she then left the room.

"I'll just look for some food hon, for us to have our breakfast" Greggy note and get out of the room.

While I'm all alone here inside the room, I checked the time and discover it's already 9am, perhaps Malia's already wake up. When suddenly she texted me and asking where I am. Kaya tinawagan ko na ito at hindi mapigilang mapa luha-luha.

"Goodmorning mom! I presume that the both of you ni daddy left early this morning?" she remarked, and it took me a moment to react since I'm going to miss her voice and trying for me to act normal.

"H-hi! Lia anak, sorry I didn't wake you up kanina na ha? We're in hurry kasi ng daddy mo but please be safe today honey. You can go anywhere with your friends at kapag later by night me and your dad are not home yet. M-matulog kana lang okay"

"M-mom? Are you okay? Umiiyak ka po ba?" she exclaimed on the othr line.

"N-no anak, sinisipon lang ang mommy. The event will start na anak. Mag-ingat ka jaan ha! Don't be hard on yourself. M-mommy loves you so much" I quote formally without Malia knowing that I'm crying harder already.

"S-sure mommy. Mag-ingat kayo okay? I'll wait for you mamaya hanggang sa makakaya ko. I love you" she remarked as she put down the phone. On the other hand, I still place the phone in my ear and can't fathom how would Malia react after this. Yes she's going to remain alive, but she'll stay being Malia? Or she's going to change? I didn't even think about the cons, but I know in the end she'll move on. Maghihintay ang anak ko mamaya ng wala ng babalik na isang nanay para sa kanya.

"Hey, honey you okay?" I was taken aback when Greggy was in the room already, hindi ko naman namalayan nakapasok na pala ito.

"Y-yes, I-I'm fine. It's just Malia called me" I said and he stared me as if he pities me.

"Then what did you say?"

"I just bid my goodbye and lied that the event is already starting" I answered.

"I hope I can do whatever the outcome of this Irene. I hope nothing will change. And Malia will still be still Malia"

"It takes time but I know, everything's gonna be alright" I stated as I hold his hand.

"I hope so" then he handed me our breakfast.

"By the way, the whole family will be here at lunch time" and I just nod as a response.

"And by the way, I saw Eva at the hallway" he added while bowing his head.

"What did she do here?"

"She just took some documents of her late son" he said and even I have a hard feelings on Eva. I still feel sad for her son passed away.

"I-I'm sorry, I hope she's fine" I exclaimed.

"Y-yes, we talk for a minute and she said she's already flying later in Australia. For good" Greggy said while avoiding his gaze upon me. Perhaps he thought that I'm still upset about what happen. Until I hold his hand.

"I know that I hurt you too. I didn't asked and listen to you but I forgive you Greggy. Matagal na yun, umusad na tayo"

"But I fail as a husband, brother in law and most especially as a father" he respond.

"If you think you failed, you didn't you just did the things and didn't think the cons in the end. Sa tingin mo kung nagkamai ka nasa tabi pa kita ngayon?" I concur and he respond me with a smile.

We just continue eating and after that, some nurses took my blood and check up on me. Dr. Ysabella also suggest that I shouldn't take my lunch na. Overall I'm all ready. Already to save someone's life and for me to rest in peace.

.....

The clock strikes already at 1 and the whole family was already in front of me.I even invite Jessan and Keirt for them to receive the letter which I wrote for Malia.

"Are you not turning back Irene?" kuya Bonget exclaimed while most of them already mourn for me.

"There's literally no turning back kuya. And hey! All of you! Please fix your gazes upon me! I'm not resting yet your faces looks like all of you are already mourning for me!" I mouthed.

"S-sino ba ang matutuwa kasi may mawawala na naman sa amin. Another person who has a soft heart will be resting already. If ever my heart's very compatible for Malia, I'll be the one who's supposed in your place right. Kaso hindi, you're the only one who's heart is compatible for her. Mas masakit pa sa inaakala mo ang gagawin mo ngunit wala naman na kaming magagwa dahil ito ang kagustuhan mo"manang spoke while sobbing.

"Let's just accept what will happen, everyone in this room. I'm not going to change my mind anymore. Just please look back and protect my family at all cost especially Malia. Nandyan lang naman ako sa gilid-gilid, palagi lang akong nakabantay sa inyo, kahit hindi niyo  ako nakikita" I said.

"E-even it hurts very much Irene, we need to accept that you'll be gone" mommy remarked and give me a hug. A hug of a mother, sumama na rin ang lahat.

"Alfy and Luis, I'm sorry if I become a bad mother to the both of you dahil sa kapatid niyo. But I still hope na napatawad niyo ako"

"Mommy hindi sumama ang loob namin sayo, all we want is the both of you ni daddy should be prioritized Malia's condition. However, it resulted in this, and we are powerless to stop you because you will do anything to Malia. It hurts so m-much mommy that we'll be loosing you. Mawawalan na kami ng nanay" Luis said which Alfy agree and the both of them hugged me.

Minutes passed by we just shared some stories and until Jessan and Keirt arrived. Same to everyone, the both teenagers are sobbing also.

"T-tita, ngayon na po ba ang surgery ninyo?" Jessan state after greeting everyone.

I just nod.

"P-paano na lang po si Malia?" Keirt added.

"She didn't know any of this. Alam ko na pati kayo ay malulungkot sa mangyayare. But I want you to give this to Malia. At tsaka, huwag niyong iwanan ang kaibigan ninyo kahit anumang mangyare. Siya lang ang mayroon kayo except for the family" I said as I handed them the letter.

"Makakarating po ito kay Malia, pero hindi ko po lubos na alam ang mararamdaman ng kaibigan namin kapag mamaya ay malalaman niya na lang na wala na siyang nanay. M-masakit pa sa inaakala ng iba ang mawalan ng nanay, tita. H-hindi b-biro ang dinanas ko ng mawala sila nanay at tatay" she said and cry harder.

I'm really amazed to Malia, na magkaroon ng ganitong mga kaibigan.

"I-I'm sorry for that Jessan, pero nanay ako. At gagawin ko ang lahat para sa ikabubuti ng anak ko. Pero bilib ako sainyong dalawa ni Keirt, even I tried to distant Malia from the both of you. Your loyalty still remain, hindi niyo pinabayaan ang kaibigan ninyo" I state.

"K-kahit ano man kasi pong mangyare. Nangako po kami sa isa't-isa na walang iwanan. K-kahit puso ko na lang po ang ibigay kay Malia, ayos lang po sa akin-

"Ako na po tita" Jessan cutted which made me smirk.

"We can't do anything kids. Nandito na ang tita Irene niyo. Also you're too young to rest this early, ako marami na akong nagawa at gusto ko ng magpahinga" I answered.

"Just please don't tell Malia about this. And the both of you are safe. Hindi kayo damay dito, I just want you Jessan to give that letter to Malia at sabihin mo na matagal ko na yang binigay sayo" I added.

The both of them just nod and I offer them a hug.

When Dr. Ysabella already enter the room.

"Mrs. Araneta" she said.

"Yes Dr?"

And the respond I received is that she smiled and I already knew it.

"I think it's already time. I presume?"

She just nod.

"Well I guess. This is goodbye" I smiled and all of them are already in tears.

"All of the staff in this hospital are at already the hallway ma'am, they want to give you a walk of honor. While we're in our way to operating room" she said.

"Oh, okay. Let's go?" I said and the nurses began to push my bed papunta sa labas.

While we're on our way to the operating room, a lot of the staff in this hospital formed a line and stare at me. Some of them are also in tears. On the contrary, my entire family is standing by my side.

And minutes passed by hanggang dito na lang sila at ako'y papasok na.

"Will give you a minute Mrs. Araneta" Dr. Ysabella quote and the other doctors are already inside waiting for me.

I hugged each and everyone of them in the last time and most especially, to my family.

"A-anak, you'll be with your daddy in a while na" mommy remarked while holding her rosary.

"I will na po mommy. Hanggang dito na lang po ang pahina ko at matatapos na. Don't worry because even without me, please bare in your minds that I'm always guiding and watching all of you. Magkasama na kami ni daddy na gagabay sa inyo" I state and shift my gaze to Luis, Alfonso and Greggy.

"And the three boys in my life. You already knew what to do while I'm already resting in peace" I said and hugged them.

"And Greggy, thank you for everything. You made my imaginations real, because of you I become wiser and stronger. I love you until my last breathe" and give to him my final kiss.

"Manang and kuya Bonget kayo na ang b-bahala sa mommy. T-thank you for listening and guiding me in times I was suffering alone" I added and hugged them.

"I-I'm ready na doc" I state and wave my hand for them for a final goodbye hanggang sa makapasok ako and I couldn't see them anymore.

"Are you sure about this Mrs. Araneta? We still have time" the other surgeon said.

"Truly sure Dr." I answered.

"You're so brave" she added.

She stared at me and asked if I'm ready.

"I'm ready. And to all of you who are here inside. Thank you for your service" I said and already closed my eyes.

"I'm already injecting the anesthesia Mrs. Araneta, have a prosperous way on the other side" Dr. Ysabella said and was about to inject me but I suddenly heard a familiar voice.

"W-wait!" I said and all of them are shocked.

"Y-yes Mrs. Araneta? Is evrything okay po?" she said.

"Did you hear that?" I exclaimed.

"Hear what Mrs. Araneta?"

"Is there another room before this room or on the side?" I mouthed.

"Y-yes, the morgue. But it's about 150 meters from here. Beside the one vacant room. Why'd you ask Mrs. Araneta?"

"I-Is it okay that I'll just check on something? I just heard that someone called and scream my name" I note and gladly they agree naman and want to assist me but I refuse.

While I'm at the hallway wearing my hospital gown, I'm really trying to find that voice that I heard a while ago. No one's in here for it's already restricted in this area. Hanggang sa hindi kalayuan, I'm already twenty meters to the morgue and saw a familiar person standing outside while the other one was hugging a lifeless person inside covered with a cloth. Because the person outside is blocking her, hindi ko gaano makita, who's mourning inside.

"M-mommy! Why did you do this! Hindi mo manlang ako sinabihan! Nagsinungaling ka na naman, at a-ang pinakamasakit pa w-wala na akong nanay! I thought I'll be waiting for the both of you ni daddy m-mamaya kasi sabi mo you'll be coming back pa. But what is this! Ayokonang mabuhay! I- iniwan mo a-ako ng w-walang p-paalam!" words I heard from a familiar voice and was in hurry to go near with it until I discover who it was.

It's Malia hugging a dead body who she thought it was me.

And it's Eva who's with her.

"M-malia? Mommy's still here, who's that person you're hugging" I murmur and both of them shifted their gaze upon me and Malia's supposedly grief turns into a hope.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 91 3
Anong gagawin ni Prin if she finds out that she is The Long Lost Unica Hija of Irene Marcos-Araneta and Greggy Araneta? Tayo na't subaybayan ang puro...
6K 163 40
"Don't you dare talk to me again". Will you love someone who left you? Will you forgive the person who drove you away? Will you forget the past to gi...
63.9K 2.8K 46
"I yearned and I longed. Someday, you'll remember me as someone you met from your past"
868K 40.3K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...