Bound by Blood, Forged in Fire

By Pierce_Chandler46

When Gibbs gets hospitalized the NCIS team meets someone with more insight about him than anyone. Set in the... More

Cast
First Born
Blank
Forward
Joint Forces
Initiative
Hooyah
Leads
Commitment
Honor
Courage
In The Field
Takedown
The Chase
Hard Press
Strength of the Pack
Resolve
All Hands on Deck
Into The Fire
Blaze
Infamy
Pursuit
Echo
Mirror
Whiplash
FOB
Patterns
Divided
Retribution
Thunder
Defensive
November
Predators
Reckoning
Extract
The Stand
Fugitive
Harbingers
Brotherhood
Taken
Strategize
SERE
The Doc
Impostor
Impact
Incoming
Fratricide
In Deep
Stateside
Bonds and Blood

Winchester

151 1 0
By Pierce_Chandler46

The team was going to kill both Kan and Sok before they could start their operations, the SEALs were going to ambush the latter in the morning on his way to a meeting with a politician he had in his organization's pocket, making it look like a case of drug-running gone ugly. Usually, they wouldn't operate with such little planning, especially with their deadline, but the stakes were too high. The Agency and State Department were running as much interference as possible, giving them an extra two days.

Jace readied his MP5 and Rhodes did the same. Rider and Grey gave them the green light, the target vehicles were coming up now. The others boxed them in from three sides, Jace and Rhodes went in from the front on a motorcycle. They immediately opened fire, dividing their concentration between both SUVs.

Completely trapped the guards retaliated only to be gunned down, Rhodes moved in,  Jace on his six. The Black Squadron leader removed his backpack, chucking it underneath the target vehicle. He signaled for the others to EXFIL, and the vehicle exploded. Jace and Rhodes made their way out.

. . .

The MCR Team was in Vance's office with the SCIF on, Dawes had explained the nature of Task Force Arbiter's current situation. Their mission was pertinent to the investigation.

"How long until you can get them out?" asked Ziva.

"The CIA is arranging for that," replied Dawes. "The Maritime Branch will extract them in twenty-two hours."

"They're continuing the Op?" asked Gibbs.

"I have no idea, contact is minimal, and the Agency cut off all communications once State made their inquiries."

"Captain, I don't mean to be ungrateful, but why exactly are you telling us this?" asked Vance. "This isn't exactly following JSOC protocol."

The naval officer handed Vance a folder. In it was a photo of a man carrying a duffle.

"We received chatter that one of Sok's lieutenants is here in D.C."

. . .

Jace was perched on the rooftop of the building adjacent to Kan's private lab, he was on his way to secure his lab. After hearing about his boss' death he had to destroy any incriminating evidence and anything that he didn't want the authorities to find, he was coming in a single-six-seat vehicle, them plus four bodyguards and four-man security detail in a second SUV. Once the targets were eliminated, Rockwell and Brennan will have five minutes to plant the explosives and get out.

Rhodes was on the neighboring rooftop, two other snipers were in the buildings next to the target building conducting overwatch. The rest of the task group was on the ground, keeping watch for their target and potential threats from the streets.

"Echo-One to November-One, the target is inbound, over."

"Good copy, Echo-One. Standing by, over."

The two cars got into position, and Jace had a clean shot at Kan, he locked onto the criminal, watching as he devoted his attention to his phone, completely unaware that his life was now in the hands of someone else. Julian lined up his shot to the HVT forehead, steadied his breathing, and let his training and years of experience take over.

Kan was dead before he hit the ground.

"Echelons One and Two are clear."

The objective building blew up, forcing the bodyguards to cover themselves rather than try to find their bosses' killers.

The operators dismounted and made their way to their evacuation points. Once everyone made it to their vehicles and made their way to the EXFIL point.

. . .

Ziva and Gibbs were surveying the front of the safehouse where Sok's lead enforcer, Nhean, was bunking in. DC Metropolitan PD was setting up a perimeter around the apartment complex, Tony and McGee were watching the rear, and Amato was taking charge alongside ERT. They took note of three men entering the objective building, warning the others that each was carrying a weapon. The moment the men walked into the complex shots were fired.

Everyone got out of their vehicles and closed in on the building, Amato rolled in with ERT. Tony and McGee entered through the back door, encountering no resistance. As Amato and the tactical teams closed in gunfire erupted from the northeast first-floor window. One of the ERT officers launched a CS grenade into the window. The assault team breached, making their way to the target room. They encountered Nhean with an AKM, the enforcer dove behind a couch, the team split up covering their target from multiple sides. The criminal raised his rifle only to have been eliminated by a headshot from Amato.

"Target down," Amato alerted through the comms.

. . .

The team regrouped at their operations center to remove any trace of their presence. Jace and the SEALs were using incendiary grenades to destroy weapons caches, and strategy outlines, while looking out for any signs of incoming hostiles. The CIA officers and Senior Chief Rider were confirming their EXFIL with the Agency and Navy.

"Incoming!"

Everyone took cover as smoke grenades flew through the windows, Jace, Rhodes, and Wesson laid out the suppressive fire and the others barricaded the entrances.

"I count two assault teams, each consisting of six men!" reported Jace.

"I saw three vehicles, two SUVs and one tactical," said Wesson.

"Everybody to the garage now!" ordered Hall.

Everyone made their way to the garage, meanwhile, Senior Chief Rider and Officer Grey kept watch through the remaining security cameras. The garage area was still clear so far, Miller and Dodd opened the garage doors, and once everyone was inside the SUVs they raced out to the extraction point. Once they reached the EXFIL point, they got the RHIBs ready and torched the vehicles.

"This is Arbiter-Actual to Arbiter-Main, we are proceeding with EXFIL, how do you copy? Over," reported Jace.

"Good copy Actual, proceed 35 nautical miles off the coast for extract."

Once they reached the EXFIL point a Virginia-Class Submarine reached interception depth and members of Arbiter and the CIA officers dove into the submarine.

Jace was last to enter, making sure the others entered safely.

"And that, my friends, is what we in the industry consider an 'Easy Day'," quipped Julian, earning the laughter and amusement of his comrades.

. . .

A Week Later

Ziva had just walked into her apartment, frustration practically running through her veins, Taskforce Arbiter had been radio silent for a little over a week. She couldn't get any confirmation for when they'd be back, all she knew was that they had a close brush, but made it out. Gibbs knew no more than she did and NCIS had not been briefed on the details of the SEAL Team's operation or the outcome. She was considering calling her father to see if he knew anything about Americans in Cambodia.

She was just about to call Jace's in-laws again when she heard a knock on her apartment door. The former Mossad operative was shellshocked at the sight of her visitor.

"Jace."

The sailor was sporting a five o'clock shadow and casually dressed, holding a box from a local bakery Ziva favored.

"Somebody order eclairs?"

In the blink of an eye, Jace found himself in the Ziva's embrace, like a mouse in the grip of a python.

"When did you get back?" was the first question she had once Ziva released him. They sat together on the sofa.

"This afternoon," answered Jace. "After I reported back to Dam Neck, I spent most of the day with the triplets."

"I'm so glad you are okay."

"Zee, I've been thinking and I just wanted to say thank you."

"What for?"

"For looking out for me, for being you in general."

"It's what we do, it is no big deal."

"It is to me," Jace replied, leaning closer to her.

Ziva reciprocated this action until they became wrapped in another intimate embrace.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 47 24
Gibbs is breaking but isn't sure why or how. Can he or the team work out why and save him from spiraling out of control or will it be too late to sav...
238K 5.4K 41
Working with one Leroy Jethro Gibbs was a challenge to begin with. Being in love with him was near impossible. As a part of Gibbs' team, you knew the...
431 3 10
Naval Special Warfare Operator Julian Cadell Gibbs has been assigned to SEAL Team 3 and is preparing to deploy to Afghanistan. Despite earning his wa...
11.4K 89 58
Between surprise visits from former coworkers, arguments with father figures and unwelcome coordinations, it's a miracle Ellie and Nick are able to s...