The Heir I Need

By sassytothecore

Years before the Pevensies ever arrived at the Kirke Manor, a different daughter of Eve wandered into Narnia... More

Prologue
Part I: Chapter 1
Part I: Chapter 2
Part I: Chapter 3
Part I: Chapter 4
Part I: Chapter 5
Part I: Chapter 6
Part I: Chapter 7
Part I: Chapter 8
Part I: Chapter 9
Part I: Chapter 10
Part I: Chapter 11
Part I: Chapter 12
Part I: Chapter 13
Part I: Chapter 14
Part I: Chapter 15
Part I: Chapter 16
Part II: Chapter 1
Part II: Chapter 2
Part II: Chapter 3
Part II: Chapter 4
Part II: Chapter 5
Part II: Chapter 6
Part II: Chapter 7
Part II: Chapter 8
Part II: Chapter 9
Part II: Chapter 10
Part II: Chapter 11
Part II: Chapter 12
Part II: Chapter 13
Part III: Chapter 1
Part III: Chapter 2
Part III: Chapter 3
Part III: Chapter 5
Part III: Chapter 6
Part III: Chapter 7
Part III: Chapter 8
Part III: Chapter 9
Part III: Chapter 10
Epilogue

Part III: Chapter 4

1K 24 1
By sassytothecore

As we neared though, Caspian pointed out an abnormality. There was not a single Narnia flag flying on the island.

"But the Lone Islands have always been Narnian," Edmund remarked with a frown.

I frowned as well. He was right.

"It seems suspicious," the captain remarked shaking his head and passing his scope to Edmund so he could view the island.

"Indeed it is," I nodded looking to the three men, "We must be careful."

We decided to go ashore and check it out. We split into two groups and boarded the longboats to take to shore. Reepicheep stood at the bow of ours, an excited twitch in his tail. I chuckled softly.

"Onwards! The thrill of adventure awaits!" he exclaimed as soon as we were ashore.

Caspian got out of the boat first, followed by Edmund. Both then offered a hand to Lucy and I respectively. The two of us departed the boat with Percy quick on our tails.

"Can't I just stay here?" Eustace asked looking a tad seasick from the short ride.

"What honor is there in missing out on an adventure?" Reepicheep responded with a laugh.

"Come along with us. It'll be fun!" Percy added smiling.

"Wait- listen," Lucy said suddenly and we all fell silent.

It was completely silent. My brow furrowed as we all waited for even the slightest sound to suggest life.

"Where is everyone?" I wondered aloud.

After another silent pause, we decided to continue. There was certainly something strange afoot. Ignoring both Reepicheep and Percy's offers of assistance, Eustace finally managed to tumble out of the boat and onto the stone steps where the rest of us were waiting. I rolled my eyes with a soft sigh.

"Are you certain he is related by blood?" I questioned Lucy and Edmund.

"I do wonder sometimes," Edmund snorted and followed after Caspian.

We made our way to the main landing of the docks. Caspian removed the crossbow from his back. I unsheathed my sword, the same caution filling my being. I glanced over my shoulder briefly to check on Percy. He was standing beside Eustace, his hand holding fast to the hilt of his father's sword. His eyes met mine briefly and he offered me a bright smile. I returned the smile trying to push down the worry.

Suddenly a gong sounded and we all froze. My heart began to hammer as I looked to the single bell tower. There was no sign of movement though.

"Reepicheep, stay here with Drinian's men," Caspian ordered, "Secure the base. We'll head on."

The mouse nodded and moved closer to where our longboats were.

"If we are not back by dawn, send a party after us," I added glancing to Lucy.

She looked a bit fearful but her resolve solidified and she nodded.

"Yes, Your Majesties," Reepicheep responded.

We pressed on into the main part of the town. It seemed to be completely vacant. The longer we searched, the more the feeling that something was deeply, deeply wrong settled in my stomach. It looked abandoned, but when I stood perfectly still apart from the others and held my breath, I could hear the faint breaths and soft scuff of shoes on sand. There were people here...but where?

I nearly jumped out of my skin when Eustace loudly said, "Well, it looks like nobody's home. We should probably leave."

We all exchanged slightly aggravated looks. He was way behind us, having been trailing the whole time.

"Do you want to come guard something?" Edmund offered scrunching up his nose a bit as he tried to come up with something for the boy to do.

"You shouldn't lag so far behind," I warned, "We are safer together and considering you wield no weapon, it is best you stay nearby."

"R-right," Eustace nodded hurrying over, "I will- uh yes, good idea. Very logical. I will stand guard."

"Great, I feel so safe," Percy muttered under his breath.

I shot him a look and he shut his mouth, looking away. Caspian handed Eustace a dagger. The boy who'd seemed only mildly terrified, now looked incredibly frightened once he realized he was holding a real weapon. I felt pity for the kid. He had no idea what it is he walked into. He has absolutely no idea how to use that, I'm sure of it. We should have left him on the ship where it would be safe.

"I- I got it. Okay, huh great. Yes," he stammered nodding.

We all nodded and headed inside the building we'd been in front of. It appeared to be some sort of cathedral or temple of sorts. I frowned seeing the massive statues and massive bells. An eerie air hung over the whole room. Edmund took the lead, his torch illuminating the space around us. In the very center of the room was a desk of sorts. We moved around it to see what was written in the ledger that had been left open.

"Who're all these people?" Lucy questioned seeing as what was written was names and...prices.

An icy chill shot through me.

"Why've they been crossed out?" Edmund then asked pointing to the red lines through the names.

"They've," they all looked to me, "It appears to be a ledger. These people have been sold."

"Slave traders," Caspian nodded.

One of the bells rang out, its gong slicing through the silence. More began to gong and men began to descend from their ropes.

"Look out!" Caspian cried shooting one before he could reach the ground.

I immediately engaged with two of the men who came running at me. The sounds of metal on metal and grunting began to ring out as we all fought back the traders. In the midst of the fighting a scream rang out. We whirled around to see a man holding Caspian's dagger to Eustace's throat.

"You've got to be-"

"Hush!" I snapped at Edmund though I was equally annoyed.

Not with Eustace though, but myself. I knew better and yet I let Caspian have the poor imbecile guard the door. I should've done it.

"Unless you want this one squeal like a girl again," the man threatened leading Eustace forward, "I'd say you should drop your weapons."

"Let me go!" Eustace cried.

"NOW!"

I glared at the man but let my sword drop from my hand. Lucy dropped hers immediately as well. Percy looked over at me unsurely, his hands gripping Peter's sword tighter. I shook my head. He let it go and it clattered to the ground as Edmund and Caspian released their swords too.

"Put 'em in irons!" the man ordered.

The other traders moved toward us and shackled our wrists. The leader grabbed Eustace by the ear dragging him forward.

"Take those two to the dungeon," he ordered gesturing with the dagger to Caspian and Edmund, "We'll take these four to the market."

"Let go!" Lucy cried when one of the traders laughed and grabbed her waist.

"Don't touch her," I hissed furiously, "Or I swear I will kill every last one of you."

The leader trader grinned waltzing over.

"Ah, this one will fetch a real nice price," he chuckled tapping my chin with the dagger, "Little feisty, but she's a real pretty one. Looks strong too."

"Don't speak of her that way," Percy snapped stepping in front of me as best he could.

The man quirked an eyebrow at him. Then he shrugged with a cruel laugh and gestured for his men to do as he'd said. They began to drag Caspian and Edmund away.

"Actually, take the little boy with them to the dungeon," the leader spat.

"Percy!" I gasped as I was yanked away from him.

The man holding me yanked me back by my hair causing me to cry out in pain.

"Mother!" Percy cried trying to run to me.

I gasped in horror when one of the men punched him knocking him to the ground. Edmund leapt forward at that but he was hit harshly too.

"Don't you dare touch him!" I roared ripping my arm away enough to grab the knife on my belt and stab the man holding me.

"Grab her!"

I lashed out quickly knocking out two or three of the men before one managed to shove me hard enough to the ground that my knife fell from my hand. My head hit the ground harshly stopping me in my fight.

"Aewryn!" Lucy cried.

I groaned softly, bringing my hand to my head. Pain flared from the spot I'd touched and my fingers were coated in blood.

"Listen to me, you insolent fool! I am your king!" Caspian roared trying to fight the man holding onto him, "She is your queen! How dare you hurt her!"

Hands grabbed me and I was yanked up to my feet. I gasped weakly as the blood rushed to my head and the sudden movement made the world spin around me.

"Careful, careful," a smooth accented voice called out.

Another man, perhaps the head of all the traders, strode out of the shadows. He looked at the five of us and nodded.

"Someone is going to pay for this. Or rather for you. All of you," he said calmly, "Don't mess up her face or she'll sell for less. Take them away."

"No! Edmund! Edmund!" Lucy screamed as she was dragged away.

"Percy!" I cried out despite the darkness threatening to overwhelm me.

I couldn't find him all of a sudden. My vision was dipping and swaying, black dots clouding what little I could make out as I was dragged away too. Fear filled my chest. I didn't hear him respond. I had to get to him. My legs suddenly gave out, but I tried to stand, more darkness creeping into my vision.

"Percy..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

153K 3.9K 21
Eveline has watched over Narnia since the beginning. After the destruction of her home, the departure of her cold-hearted sister, and befriending Asl...
45.2K 2.4K 15
(Human!Aslan x OC) Elizabeth Pevensie is the eldest sister of Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie. She was 20 when World War II struck her hometo...
354K 10.2K 31
"Wherever we are, Narnia will always be our special place." ALARICE KIRKE's adventure in NARNIA begins after she became friends with the PEVENSIE sib...
33.6K 493 19
Izzy had a normal childhood with her closest friends, the Pevensies, but it all changed when her mother died and her father became cold-hearted. He s...