The Heir I Need

By sassytothecore

Years before the Pevensies ever arrived at the Kirke Manor, a different daughter of Eve wandered into Narnia... More

Prologue
Part I: Chapter 1
Part I: Chapter 2
Part I: Chapter 3
Part I: Chapter 4
Part I: Chapter 5
Part I: Chapter 6
Part I: Chapter 7
Part I: Chapter 8
Part I: Chapter 9
Part I: Chapter 10
Part I: Chapter 11
Part I: Chapter 12
Part I: Chapter 13
Part I: Chapter 14
Part I: Chapter 15
Part I: Chapter 16
Part II: Chapter 1
Part II: Chapter 2
Part II: Chapter 3
Part II: Chapter 4
Part II: Chapter 5
Part II: Chapter 6
Part II: Chapter 7
Part II: Chapter 8
Part II: Chapter 9
Part II: Chapter 10
Part II: Chapter 11
Part II: Chapter 13
Part III: Chapter 1
Part III: Chapter 2
Part III: Chapter 3
Part III: Chapter 4
Part III: Chapter 5
Part III: Chapter 6
Part III: Chapter 7
Part III: Chapter 8
Part III: Chapter 9
Part III: Chapter 10
Epilogue

Part II: Chapter 12

1.3K 32 1
By sassytothecore

Aewryn

In the midst of the battle, I felt the ground shift. My focus drifted away instantly as I frowned. What was that? I gasped ducking as a massive tree root came shooting out of the ground grabbing the Telmarine charging towards me. I turned to see more tree roots breaking through the crowd aiding the Narnians.

"Aslan," I breathed excitedly.

My eyes met Susan's and she smiled cheering. Lucy and Percy found him. The Telmarines began to retreat as their catapults were destroyed and the land itself attacked them. We began pushing them back all the way to the river.

We all paused however upon seeing the Telmarine general freeze halfway across the bridge. Peter looked to me with a look of confusion. I shrugged having no answer for him. Then an all too familiar giggle rang out. My heart swelled as my little Percy came toddling forward out of the woods giggling and clapping. Right beside him was Lucy who held her dagger as she glared at the Telmarines.

"It's but a child and a little girl!" one man spluttered.

Then Aslan revealed himself walking forward into the light. I smiled even wider seeing the great lion. The general attempted to continue his charge. Aslan roared and the waters began to shift and move. We watched in awe as the spirit of the river manifested as a massive man lifting the general and his horse up on their portion of the bridge. He then swallowed them both and the water returned to its normal state. After seeing that, all of the Telmarines quickly surrendered.

The others rushed across the water to Aslan. The adrenaline that had kept me going began to fade and I began aware of the horrendous pain in my back. It washed over me like a tidal wave and I stumbled. Gentle hands caught me though and steadied me. I looked up to see Alias.

"Hello again," I chuckled lightly.

He smiled lifting me up as if I weighed nothing and carrying me toward the others.

"It is good to see you alive, my queen," he responded.

I noticed immediately the confused frowns on everyone's faces as we crossed the river. Peter's hand moved towards his sword but he relaxed when Aslan nudged his arm. Alias set me down on my feet carefully. The pain had subsided some but not enough to ignore.

"I would be very careful," Alias told Peter gesturing to me, "She is strong."

Peter looked to me in question taking my hand gently as his other hand came to rest on my hip.

"I will explain later," I whispered in his ear, "When we are alone."

He nodded. Percy wobbled over making both of us laugh as he held his arms up to Peter.

"Papa!"

Peter picked him up smiling. Percy reached over immediately and put his hands on my face while letting his little nose brush mine.

"Mama!" he giggled.

I smiled unable to stop myself from tearing up.

"Yes, baby. I'm right here," I replied kissing his head.

Aslan stepped forward. We all knelt before him.

"Rise Kings and Queens of Narnia," he commanded.

We all stood except for Caspian. I looked to Aslan who smiled at me. Oh...now I understand.

"All of you," he added gently.

Caspian raised his head slightly.

"I do not believe I am worthy of that title," he admitted with a soft frown.

"You fought beside our people and for our people, Caspian," I said gently putting a hand on his shoulder, "You are one of us."

He rose slowly still looking unsure of himself. We all smiled and he relaxed.

"Now where's this dear little friend of yours," Aslan asked Lucy with a hint of a chuckle in his voice.

We turned to see Trumpkin collecting Telmarine weapons from the beach. He looked up startled when he realized we were all looking at him.

"Do you see him now?" Lucy asked giggling.

The dwarf blushed nodding. We all laughed at his embarrassment. The moment was ended by several mice rushing forward abruptly. I gasped as they laid Reepicheep in front of us. Lucy came over quickly and gave the little warrior a drop from her vial. He jumped up almost immediately.

"Oh, your Majesty!" he squeaked bowing to Aslan.

He tumbled forward, however, as if thrown off balance. I covered my mouth to stifle a laugh once I saw his missing tail. He cried out in alarm then looked to Lucy.

"Perhaps another drop?" he suggested.

"I don't think it works like that," she answered truthfully with a shake of her head.

"Is it really necessary?" I asked lightly.

"Well yes! A mouse's tail is a sign of dignity, respect!" Reepicheep responded rather sharply.

"Oh we can't have anyone questioning your dignity now can we?" Aslan joked.

Reepicheep looked down bashfully as he realized how prideful he sounded.

"It's also good for things like balance and uh climbing," he attempted to amend his original statement.

"If our commander wills it, we will also remove our tails to spare him this blow to his honor," one mouse piped up.

The others nodded each holding their swords to their tails. I smiled both amused and awed by their loyalty.

"Because of the love of your people, I will restore your tail," Aslan decided breathing over the mouse.

His tail reformed making him jump around excitedly.

"Thank you! Thank you, your Majesty! I will always look to my tail as a reminder of my great humility," Reppicheep announced holding his tail happily.

We all laughed and Edmund rolled his eyes at the mouse.

"Come now, children. Let us celebrate your victory!"

******************************************************************************************

I could not wipe the smile from my face as we all rode in. Percy clapped along to the music squirming against the front of my dress.

"It's a beautiful day," Susan announced as her horse trotted behind mine.

"Yes, yes it truly is," I nodded in agreement.

Peter smiled over at me from his place beside me as we led the victorious parade into the city. Telmarines and Narnians alike cheered as we entered. Aslan strode in the very front with Peter and I right behind him. Susan and Caspian followed behind us. Edmund and Lucy brought up the end of the royal procession. Then began to long line of Narnian warriors. We reached the spare and stopped. Peter came over helping me down as I held a squirming Percy to my chest. We both laughed as our son was not satisfied until he was allowed to stand on his own.

"Let the feasts begin!" Aslan announced.

And begin they did. Feast after feast, ball after ball. The whole party seemed to go on forever. It was late into the night that we finally returned to the castle to sleep. Percy snored lightly as I gently laid him on the bed. I began to dress for bed only to pause when an audible gasp sounded behind me. I turned to see Peter standing by the door to our room, pain evident in his eyes. My gaze dropped to the floor.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he breathed crossing the room to take me in his arms.

I leaned into him letting out a shaky breath.

"I didn't want to distract you," I murmured nuzzling into his chest.

"Yet you wore that dress," he teased lightly making me smack his chest.

His face grew somber once again as I looked up at him. I felt his hand tentatively brush my back. I shivered at the touch. His eyes shined with tears.

"I am so sorry. This is my fault. I should've pulled back sooner. You wouldn't been safe had I not-"

"Shh..." I breathed covering his mouth with my hand.

He took my hand from his mouth and kissed my knuckles lightly.

"I'm so sorry, Aewryn," he murmured again.

"I'm alright, Peter. As long as you and Percy and here with me, I'll be alright," I whispered back before drawing him into a gentle kiss.

He kissed me back softly like he were afraid I would shatter if he pressed too hard. I smiled against his lips letting one hand slide to the back of his neck to bring him closer. I felt entirely at peace for the first time since we'd arrived. I felt at home. This, this was the Narnia I knew. This was all I needed. Him and Percy.

We drew away after several precious moments but stood there in each other's arms for longer. We finally let go and we both changed into sleepwear then crawled into bed. Percy slept soundly between us as we curled around him. I smiled again kissing his head then Peter's.

"Good night, my loves," I murmured with a yawn.

"Good night, my love," Peter responded just as softly kissing my lips one last time before we both drifted off to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.5K 31
"We can be heroes, just for one day" What happened when the proffesor had a grand daughter. But what would happen if Dominique Kirke ends up in Narni...
366K 7.1K 23
After Sophia is evacuated after a bombing in her home town of Birmingham, she is made to live with Professor Kirke in the countryside to keep safe. W...
179K 4.2K 13
The Lost Princess Series - First Book: Katharina, she's the last member of the royal family of Narnia. When The White Witch, Jadis invaded to Narnia...
45K 2.4K 15
(Human!Aslan x OC) Elizabeth Pevensie is the eldest sister of Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie. She was 20 when World War II struck her hometo...