Kanao Can't Communicate

By m0chii-

When a person has extreme social anxiety, they struggle to communicate with others. Bear in mind, they only s... More

•~chapter one: crossing paths~•
•~chapter two: friends~•
•~chapter three: change of plans~•
•~chapter four: over the top~•
•~chapter five: zenitsu agatsuma~•
•~chapter six: it's a misunderstanding~•
•~chapter seven: cell phones~•
•~chapter eight: the physical exam and the student council~•
•~chapter nine: ramen~•
•~chapter ten: clothes shopping~•
•~chapter eleven: haircut~•
•~chapter twelve: summer begins, the pool awaits~•
•~chapter fourteen: video games~•
•~chapter fifteen: an emergency...study session?~•
•~chapter sixteen: country girl~•
•~announcment!~•
•~chapter seventeen: girl talk~•
•~author's birthday q&a!~•
•~chapter eighteen: sports festival~•
•~chapter nineteen: photo booth~•
•~chapter twenty: the class president's job~•
•~chapter twenty-one: typhoon~•
•~chapter twenty-two: what should we do for the culture festival?~•
•~chapter twenty-three: preparing for the culture festival~•
•~chapter twenty four: the culture festival~•
•~chapter twenty-five: afterparty~•
•~chapter twenty-six: karaoke~•
•~chapter twenty-seven: feelings~•
•~chapter twenty-eight: winter's arrival~•
•~chapter twenty-nine: cat cafe~•
•~chapter thirty: the end of term exams~•
•~chapter thirty-one: games, sweet potatoes, memories~•
•~chapter thirty-two: fun in the snow~•
•~chapter thirty-three: hanafuda~•
•~chapter thirty-four: new year at the shrine~•
•~chapter thirty-five: a cold~•
•~chapter thirty-six: what really happened~•
•~chapter thirty-seven: groups for the field trip~•
•~chapter thirty-eight: the fieldtrip begins~•
•~chapter thirty-nine: mitsuri makes her return~•
•~chapter fourty: free day~•
•~chapter fourty-one: the yo-yo and the night after~•
•~chapter fourty-two: second night~•
•~chapter fourty-three: the train ride home~•
•~chapter fourty-four: chocolate making~•
•~chapter forty-five: friendship day~•
•~chapter forty-six: the kind girl who is also a demon~•
•~chapter forty-seven: too sweet~•
•~chapter forty-eight: prep for white day~•
•~chapter forty-nine: the struggles of white day~•
•~chapter fifty: eraser drop~•
•~chapter fifty-one: new year, same me~•
•~chapter fifty-two: strange~•
•~chapter fifty-three: hay fever~•
•~chapter fifty-four: bowling~•
•~chapter fifty-five: athletics~•
•~chapter fifty-six: sweat~•

•~chapter thirteen: summer festival~•

802 38 12
By m0chii-

Kanao was sitting at her desk one night, just reading a manga.

Suddenly, her phone vibrated, signifying that someone had messaged her. Kanao picked up her phone, and opened up her messages.

There was one message, and it was from Inosuke. With trembling fingers, Kanao opened the notification, and it read:

Hi disciple! There's a summer festival tomorrow night. I want you to come along, with Pontaro and his sister and Bonitsu!

P.S. Wear some kind of yukata thingy!

Kanao jolted when she read the words 'summer festival'. A summer festival would mean a lot of people, and a lot of crowds...

Oh...but Tanjiro, Nezuko, and Zenitsu would be there...Kanao would be fine, right?

Kanao took a deep breath, and began writing a reply to Inosuke...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tanjiro stood under the lights of a booth, fidgeting.

Inosuke had asked him to come to the summer festival. And for some reason, Inosuke wanted him to be dressed in a yukata...for some reason...

Tanjiro was wearing a green and black checkered yukata, with a maroon haori over it.

There's no one else here that's wearing a yukata...could it be that Inosuke just made a mistake? Tanjiro thought, now beginning to enter 'panic' mode.

He heard a small 'ahem' behind him, and he turned around. He immediately began to blush.

Kanao stood behind him. She was wearing a beautiful pink kimono with a green and brown bottom, and her hair was tied in her normal side ponytail.

Tanjiro stood speechless for a while. Kanao jolted, because he was acting weird. She was afraid she looked odd.

"Y-you...you look amazing, Kanao!" Tanjiro finally managed. Kanao jolted, and she began digging through her purse.

Her purple eyes began to fill with tears, as she couldn't find a certain something in her purse.

"Oh...did you forget your notebook?" Tanjiro asked. Kanao nodded slowly, trying not to cry.

"Oh, oh! Don't cry, Kanao!" Tanjiro said in panic. "Is there something you really want to tell me?"

Kanao nodded, and she took a deep breath.

"Y-you....l-loo- loo...loo...loo..." Kanao tried. She trailed off, as she couldn't say what she wanted to say.

"It's okay. You could tell me later, if you can!" Tanjiro said kindly. Kanao nodded slowly, but she was interrupted by a loud outburst.

"Hello, Kentaro and Chanao!" Inosuke shouted. Trailing behind him were Nezuko and Zenitsu.

Tanjiro jolted, because Inosuke wasn't wearing a yukata, even though he was the one that said to wear one. He wasn't particularly bothered by this, and they followed him through the festival.

"So, what should we do first?" Tanjiro asked Kanao, as they followed Inosuke through the crowds of people.

Inosuke answered that question, saying, "Let's do the rope lottery first!"

The group headed over to a booth, with boxes of all sizes hanging from ropes. The objective of the game was to pull the rope with the best prize.

"You guys have to help me! I really want that gaming console!" Inosuke yelled, pointing to a box that contained a Moontendo Lite console.

Zenitsu went first, sighing in annoyance about Inosuke. He noticed that the console was attached to an old rope, so he pulled that oldest rope. But, all he got was a pocket tissue.

Nezuko went next. She chose the rope that looked the newest, but all she pulled was a pocket tissue.

Tanjiro followed after his sister. He didn't care what rope he had, but he ended up pulling a pocket tissue.

Inosuke went second-to-last. He was sweating the most, and he grabbed a random rope, with the gaming console always on his mind...but he too, pulled up a pocket tissue.

Kanao went last. She thought of nothing, and just took a rope...but she pulled up the gaming console, much to the delight of Inosuke. (She let him have the console.)

Next, their group did Candy Cutting. It was where they had to cut a shape out of a piece of candy, and exchange it for a prize.

Inosuke went through almost fifteen candies before getting a prize...and Tanjiro feared for his future in gambling.

The rest of them (Tanjiro, Nezuko, Zenitsu, and Kanao) sat at a table, trying their best to cut out their candies.

"So, how have your guys' summer break been?" Zenitsu asked, as he cut his candy. "Mine hasn't been that lively...except for the pool, of course."

"Ours' have been fine." Tanjiro said.

"We've been getting a lot of customers at the bakery!" Nezuko said eagerly, smiling as her older brother rubbed her hair.

Zenitsu and Nezuko left to get their prizes, since they finished cutting their candies. That left Tanjiro and Kanao alone at the table.

Tanjiro finished cutting his candy, but then Kanao squeaked, as if she wanted to say something.

"Hm?" Tanjiro asked, as he looked up from his candy. "Did you want to tell me the thing from earlier?"

Kanao nodded. She took a deep breath again, and began to speak...

"I-I...w-w-wanted....to t-tell you...t-that...y-you a-also...l-look nice." she mumbled, now turning pink. Her toothpick went through her candy as she trembled, and she cut out her candy perfectly.

"I...th-thank you, Kanao!" Tanjiro exclaimed, now getting up from his seat. The two began walking through the crowds.

"So, what would you like to do next?" Tanjiro asked Kanao. Zenitsu and Nezuko passed by them, sharing a takiyaki.

Kanao shrugged, trembling behind Tanjiro as she followed. She felt very overwhelmed by the crowds upon crowds of people. She stopped when she saw a jewelry stand at a particular booth, but when she looked back up, Tanjiro and the rest of the group were nowhere in sight.

Kanao began turning around, looking for everyone. She shivered and trembled where she stood.

Suddenly, she felt a warm hand on her shoulder, and she turned around.

It was Tanjiro.

"Sorry we lost you, Kanao. I suspected there was something that caught your eye, and you weren't following me." he said kindly. "We can go find Inosuke, Zenitsu, and Nezuko later."

The two sat down under a tree, and Kanao found pleasure in writing in the dirt with a stick.

Tanjiro heard the scratching on the ground, and he looked down to see that Kanao had written him a message.

'Thanks for finding me earlier,' it read. I bet I wouldn't have found you on my own.

"It was no problem! I have experience with finding my siblings if they were ever lost, so..." Tanjiro said, trailing off.

His phone buzzed, and he took it out to read a message.

"Inosuke is over by the target practice. We could go over there and try that." Tanjiro said, now getting up from his seat. Kanao did the same, and followed him to the game booth.

As she walked behind him, Kanao smiled to herself. A thought ran her mind as she followed Tanjiro.

I guess this is what having friends is like...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: And that's it for chapter 13! Thanks so much for reading.

There's not really much for me to say, except thanks for 2.2K reads in about 2 or 3 weeks (I think.) The support means so much to me, so thank you all!

I might not post a lot next week because I'm gonna be pretty busy. So please, if I don't post every day, don't be alarmed!

There's also 9 slots for OC requests left! So, if you want to make another request, don't feel shy and feel free to comment below or private message me below!

That's all for me...thanks again! Don't forget to comment, vote, and maybe follow!

Bye guys!

Word Count: 1285 Words ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

478K 11.8K 65
⚠️NSFW⚠️ "𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐛𝐞𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛." >>In which you are...
38.3K 1.5K 26
𝟎.𝟏 ; 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒? : ©mikasloves 𝐓𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐎𝐊𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐘𝐔𝐔 𝐗 𝐅!𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐒 : 𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆, 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 ! ━━━...
4.7K 101 11
(COMPLETED!) This story revolves around two childhood friends, Tanjiro Kamado and Kanao Tsuyuri. Throughout their entire lives, they have been mistak...
6K 132 18
Another demon slayer fanfiction. [Kamado Tanjiro × Fem! Demon reader] "Sʜᴇ's ɪɴᴅᴇᴇᴅ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀғᴜʟ ʙᴜᴛ I ғᴇᴀʀ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ʜᴇʀ ʏᴏᴜɴɢᴇʀ sɪʙʟɪɴɢ ɪs ɢᴏɴᴇ, ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴡɪʟʟ...