The Heir I Need

Par sassytothecore

Years before the Pevensies ever arrived at the Kirke Manor, a different daughter of Eve wandered into Narnia... Plus

Prologue
Part I: Chapter 1
Part I: Chapter 2
Part I: Chapter 3
Part I: Chapter 4
Part I: Chapter 5
Part I: Chapter 6
Part I: Chapter 7
Part I: Chapter 8
Part I: Chapter 10
Part I: Chapter 11
Part I: Chapter 12
Part I: Chapter 13
Part I: Chapter 14
Part I: Chapter 15
Part I: Chapter 16
Part II: Chapter 1
Part II: Chapter 2
Part II: Chapter 3
Part II: Chapter 4
Part II: Chapter 5
Part II: Chapter 6
Part II: Chapter 7
Part II: Chapter 8
Part II: Chapter 9
Part II: Chapter 10
Part II: Chapter 11
Part II: Chapter 12
Part II: Chapter 13
Part III: Chapter 1
Part III: Chapter 2
Part III: Chapter 3
Part III: Chapter 4
Part III: Chapter 5
Part III: Chapter 6
Part III: Chapter 7
Part III: Chapter 8
Part III: Chapter 9
Part III: Chapter 10
Epilogue

Part I: Chapter 9

2.2K 43 3
Par sassytothecore

Aewryn

"Aewryn! Aewryn wake up!"

I sat up with a confused look as Edmund and Peter stormed into the tent.

"Wha-what's going on?" I questioned rubbing my eyes.

"We just got word from Susan and Lucy..." Edmund began.

"Aslan is dead," Peter finished with a somber look.

My eyes fell shut as I turned away from them. An empty pit filled my stomach as I held back tears.

"Y...you knew," Peter breathed almost in disbelief, "You knew he had sacrificed himself for Edmund."

"He made up his mind. Who was I to change it?" I sighed turning back to the boys.

They both looked heartbroken. Edmund more so than Peter knowing that he initiated all of this. I stood and hugged the younger boy.

"Our fates were laid out long before we were ever born. Aslan knew this just as he knew the laws of Deep Magic. We could not change what the future held," I reassured him gently, "This is not your fault, Edmund."

"But then who will lead the army?" he asked worriedly.

"Peter," I answered looking to the elder boy.

His eyes widened in shock and fear. I frowned at the amount of fear in them. He still doesn't have faith.

"Edmund, tell the troops the news and tell them to get ready," I instructed, "Jadis will not hesitate to launch an attack as soon as possible."

He nodded and left the tent. As soon as he was gone, I turned back to Peter who had begun to pace the length of the tent. I chuckled a little at him making him stop and turn.

"What is so funny?" he asked.

"Well for one, you and Edmund seemed to have little respect for women seeing as you two just marched in here. Two, I'm still in my bedclothes and you seem very unconcerned," I teased in an attempt to lighten the mood.

His face instantly reddened as he stumbled over his words to find an answer. I laughed rolling my eyes.

"I'm just teasing," I chuckled.

He relaxed a bit but was still bright red. With a heavy sigh, he sat down on the edge of Susan's cot.

"How am I to lead this army?" he asked aloud.

I walked over shaking my head.

"Are you so quick to forget our conversation from yesterday?" I asked.

He looked up at me with a small smile.

"No, I remember."

"Well then you have your answer. You just need to have faith, Peter. Faith in yourself, in the Narnians, in Aslan, and in true justice. The good will always triumph over the evil. Even when the odds are stacked against us, if we have faith, we can move mountains."

He was silent for some time. Then he gently grabbed my hands and looked up at me with a questioning look in his eyes.

"Will you fight?" he asked.

"Only death could stop me," I answered firmly.

A weird look flickered across his features before he nodded.

"Well then it's best you get ready. Aslan showed me the battle plans but there may be some changes that need to be accounted for. You understand this stuff more than I do so I'll need your help," he stated standing and releasing my hands.

I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face. He seemed to notice it and gave me a confused look.

"You're talking like a Narnian," I pointed out.

He rolled his eyes but smiled as he left the tent. I got up and began to get dressed. In the corner of the room, the two mannequins were set with the body armor. I smiled and put it on. It was lightweight and comfortable forming to my body easily as if it were made for me and me alone. I braided my hair in a single braid down my back and tied it with a ribbon. After grabbing my sword and a dagger, I stepped out of the tent into the now bustling camp.

**********************************************************************************************

My horse trotted back and forth anxiously. I rubbed its neck comfortingly.

"How close are they?"

I turned to look over my shoulder at the sound of Peter's voice. He sat upon a pristine white unicorn dressed in royal battle armor with a sword attached to his side. A smile tugged at my lips instantly at the sight of him. He truly did look like a king.

"A few miles away," the Minotaur beside us answered.

"And what of my sisters?" Peter asked.

"They are with Aslan," the Minotaur answered.

Peter nodded. I glanced over at the large hill to see Edmund atop it on his dark horse. Hmm... that horse suits him perfectly. Suddenly he raised his horn and blew it loudly. We all turned to see the Witch's army approaching swiftly. The Narnian army shuffled nervously around behind us. I turned to Peter.

"They come in numbers greater than our own," the Minotaur observed.

"Numbers do not win wars," I stated frowning at him.

"But they sure do help," Peter murmured.

We both laughed shaking our heads at him. As the Witch neared, I was able to make out that she had changed from her usual outfit. She wore battle gear and around her neck was an all too familiar ring of fur.

"Aslan's mane," I gasped in horror and disgust.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Peter's jaw tighten.

"Narnians at the ready!" he shouted loud enough for everyone to hear.

The rustling grew louder as the Narnians prepared for the charge. Peter turned and looked at me for reassurance. I nodded. He raised his sword high enough that anyone could see the gleaming silver.

"FOR ASLAN!!" he shouted and the battle began as the two armies surged forward.

I rode hard and fast charging straight into the midst of the Witch's army. Peter stayed close by as we were both after the same goal, the witch. Suddenly my horse came crashing to the ground. I gasped rolling away just in time to save myself from being trapped under the fallen horse. I frowned at the sight of the arrow lodged in its side. Before I could move, a sword swung down. I cried out in pain as the sword slid across my shoulder. Whipping around, I attacked the dwarf that had come after me.

My blade met one after another as soon as the dwarf was down. I felt someone bump against my back. Glancing over my shoulder, I realized that it was Edmund. He flashed me a quick smile before engaging a strange looking creature. We stayed back to back seeing as that was the safest method. Movement to my left made me turn. A Minotaur was making its way towards Peter. Finishing off the enemy in front of me, I sprinted towards Peter. A grunt fell from my lips as I blocked the Minotaur's sword using all my strength to push it back.

"You are foolish to think that you can stop me," the Witch cackled as she waved her staff and another wave of creatures appeared.

In shock, I let my guard drop just long enough for the Minotaur to try and take another swipe at Peter whose back was still turned. I blocked it stumbling back a little at the force. My heel caught on a rock and I fell backwards hitting my head harshly on the ground. Pain exploded through my head as I sat up. Before the Minotaur could advance, however, a sword entered its stomach. I scrambled out of the way in time to miss the falling body. A hand reached down to me.

"We cannot hold them off much longer," Peter panted as I took his hand.

"Have faith," I responded feeling a strange warmth on my hip.

Looking down, I noticed the small bag I'd reached from Father Christmas was glowing. We both stared at it in awe. I reached into it and pulled out the orb. It pulsed with a strange light from within it.

"Throw it into the air," a familiar voice echoed, "And ask for what you need."

I blinked in shock at the sound of Aslan's voice. Peter looked at me with a shocked expression as well as if he'd heard it too. I did as the orb said and tossed it into the air.

"Give us time."

Suddenly the entire battlefield froze. I felt my whole body seem to freeze in place as everything else did. Eerie silence fell over the valley as no one moved or breathed. I don't know how much time passed before a roar echoed throughout the valley and everything unfroze.

"Aslan," Peter cried in relief.

I smiled turning to see the massive lion standing at the top of the valley. A cry of rage poured from the White Witch.

"What?!" she cried, "This, this is impossible!"

"You say you know the Deep Magic yet you missed the greatest exchange of them all. If one were to lay down their life for that of another, they will be resurrected within a day's time," I told her with a smirk.

She roared with anger and charged towards us. Edmund intercepted her halfway. I gasped as he swung his sword hard enough to shatter her staff. A bright light shone from it causing everyone to freeze and stare in awe. Horror filled me as I realized what the witch was going to do but it was too late.

"Edmund!" I cried racing towards him.

I didn't reach him fast enough though and the witch stabbed the boy in the stomach with her staff. Edmund fell to the ground clutching his stomach after she withdrew the staff. Tripping over my feet, I fell to my knees beside him. Peter knelt on the opposite side of his younger brother.

"What were you thinking, Ed?" he cried.

"Shh...it doesn't matter now," I snapped at Peter giving him a look, "What you did was noble Edmund, though stupid. Just stay with us okay? You're going to be okay."

He nodded holding back a groan of pain. I stood drawing my sword and turning to face the witch. Peter stood as well drawing his sword. We shared a look before charging at the witch. She threw down her broken staff and drew a sword of ice. Our swords clashed with a loud clang. She was an excellent swordsman for sure. I huffed as Peter stepped in to give me a break. However he was still a beginner. When she knocked him down, I leapt into action throwing my whole body weight against her and knocking her down. Both of us tumbled off the small ledge we were on to the sharp rocks below.

Pain surged through my side, but I ignored it jumping up. Our swords clashed together again. I shoved her back just as Aslan leapt down and attacked her. I turned my head away as he finished her off. Only once all had fallen silent, I raised my head and opened my eyes. Aslan stood over the White Witch with a proud smile.

"You fought well, little one, now go to the Pevenies," he said gently.

I curtsied before climbing up the ledge. A frown instantly appeared on my face at the sight of Peter, Susan, and Lucy kneeling around Edmund. The sharp pain in my side returned but I ignored it rushing over to them. Susan was crying softly as Lucy cradled Edmund's head.

"The vial," Lucy remembered suddenly reaching into her pocket.

She pulled out the vial Father Christmas had given her. Unscrewing the cap quickly, she held it over Edmund's mouth. A single drop fell from it and slid between the boy's lips. We all watched in silence. I felt Peter's hand slip around mine. Slowly Edmund's eyes fluttered open and he sat up groaning.

"Did we win?" he asked.

We all laughed as his siblings hugged him tightly. Aslan strode ahead of us breathing over each creature affected by the queen's magic and turned them to flesh and bone from the ice she'd trapped them in. Lucy jumped up and began helping him using her vial. I smiled watching as Susan, Edmund, and Peter followed after them. When I tried to step forward, the pain in my side hit two-fold. I fell to my knees gasping as my head spun. The adrenaline from the fight had faded and I was beginning to feel the effects.

"Aewryn?"

I put a hand on my side as I looked up at Peter who'd paused. A warm sticky liquid coated my fingers. I looked down in horror as I pulled my hand away. Crimson blood covered my hand. My head was spinning so much. I felt myself fall to the ground.

"AEWRYN!"

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

84.5K 1.3K 14
The niece of Professor Kirke, Anastasia, has heard stories of Narnia since she was a little girl. She never believed them to be true until the Pevens...
179K 4.2K 13
The Lost Princess Series - First Book: Katharina, she's the last member of the royal family of Narnia. When The White Witch, Jadis invaded to Narnia...
45.1K 2.4K 15
(Human!Aslan x OC) Elizabeth Pevensie is the eldest sister of Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy Pevensie. She was 20 when World War II struck her hometo...
106K 2.3K 25
❝𝑤𝑜𝑤, 𝑛𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘! 𝑡𝘩𝑒 𝑏𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑏𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑜𝑢𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠.❞ 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚜: #4 in edmundpevensie 11/20/19 (go che...