Red Vs Blue Zero to One ( OC...

By zer0420

Before anything can begin, it must first Start from Zero. Before there was Red vs Blue, there was Project F... More

Prologue Zero and One
Chapter 1 New Agent
Chapter 2 The Heist Pt 1
Chapter 3 The Heist Pt 2
Chapter 4 Baited
Chapter 5 Metastability.
Chapter 6 Fall From Heaven Pt 1
Chapter 7 Fall From Heaven Pt 2
Chapter 8 3 V 3
Chapter 9 Instigation
Chapter 10 Break In
Chapter 12 Investigation
Chapter 13 Best Friends Reunion
Chapter 14 Unexpected Meet Up
Chapter 15 Enter The Reds
Chapter 16 Memory Is The Key
Chapter 17 Catch A Ride
Chapter 18 The Alpha
Chapter 19 End Of The Line
Chapter 20 A Deal For Freedom
Chapter 21 Recovering One
Chapter 22 Scvanger Hunt
Chapter 23 Returning Home
Chapter 24 Relapse
Chapter 25 New Team
Chapter 26 Unwanted Rescue
Chapter 27 Wild Goose Chase
Chapter 28 An Unrequited Reunion
Chapter 29 Falling Out
Chapter 30 True Colors
Chapter 31 Don't Say It...
Chapter 32 Shipwreck
Chapter 33 S.O.S
Chapter 34 Enter Freckles
Chapter 35 Much Needed Talk
Chapter 36 FAQ
Chapter 37 Ready... Aim... Fire...
Chapter 38 Lost But Not Forgotten
Chapter 39 Hit And Run
Chapter 40 Debrief
Chapter 41 Team Building
Chapter 42 Resucue Mission?
Chapter 43 The Federal Army of Chorus
Chapter 44 Reunion
Chapter 45 Long Time No See
Chapter 46 Catching up
Chapter 47 Catch Up, No Mustard
Chapter 48 Site Crashers
Chapter 49 Set In Motion
Chapter 50 Trap Within a Trap
Chapter 51 This Is War...
Chapter 52 Job Interview
Chapter 53 Capital Assets
Chapter 54 Tourist Trip
Chapter 55 No Fighting in the War Room
Chapter 56 Loosening Up
Chapter 57 Test Your Might
Chapter 58 Hook, Line...
Chapter 59 And Sinker...
Chapter 60 Frustration
Chapter 61 Counseling
Chapter 62 Invasion Of Armonia
Chapter 63 A Coward's Sacrifice
Chapter 64 All or Nothing
Chapter 65 The Great Destroyers
Chapter 66 The End Is Here...
Chapter 67 Previously On
Chapter 68 Reacts
Chapter 69 Hold The Past, But Start Anew
Chapter 70 Unexpected Help
Chapter 71 Danger Zone
Chapter 72 Recovery
Chapter 73 A Lesson In Time Theory
Chapter 74 Docudrama
Chapter 75 Consequences
Chapter 76 Paradox
Chapter 77 Man Out Of Time
Chapter 78 Breaching The Torus
Chapter 79 Red Thread
Chapter 80 The Gang Back Together
Chapter 81 Succession
Chapter 82 Killing Time
Chapter 83 Back To The Statusquo
Extra Chapter #1 Tower Of Procreation
Extra Chapter #2 Bad Dreams
PSA RTX
PSA New Holidays
Restoration Thoughts...

Chapter 11 Recovery Squad

1.9K 65 21
By zer0420

No one's POV

(2 years later)

(A/N) Now, I'm not sure of the exact time frame, so I'm just going to say 2 years. If I find the right dates, I'll edit them.

It's been over 2 years since the break in of Mother of Invention. Tex, York, North, South, Wyoming and Maine had all left Project Freelancer, all leaving with theIr armor and A.I., not being heard from again. Unfortunately, Carolina during the break in, was KIA once the Mother of Invention crashed. The only frequently active Freelancer agents left, Zero, One and Wash are all now a Recovery squad, tasked with retrieving A. I. and armor If a Agent with one were to die.

Zero and One, revealed to Wash that they helped with the break in and know the truth about the Directer. Stating the same, Wash informed them that he learned the truth through Epsilon. Now the three of them were bidding their time until the right opportunity. Currently, Zero, One and Wash were making their way we're on their way to a Recovery beacon. Once arriving, they were immediately met by multiple dead bodies.

One: There's so many dead bodies...

Zero: All simulation troops too.

Wash: Seems so.

As the three of them made their way through the dead bodies, they came across one they all recognized.

One: No...

Zero: Damn it...

Wash: Looks like he finally bit the bullet...

The three of them looked and saw the body of York, and Zero knelt down turning him over, seeing two bullet holes in his chest.

Zero: Two shots to the chest...

Wash: Get the primary display activated, Zero.

Zero: Yeah, I know.

After messing with York's helmet, he got the display activated, as Delta appeared.

Delta: Hello, how may I be of assistance to you?

One: Long time no see, Delta.

Delta: Agents Zero, One and Washington. It has been awhile.

Wash: What exactly happened here, Delta?

Delta: York and myself were approached by Agent Texas as asked for his assistance in locating Wyoming and her old A.I. Omega.

Wash: Wyoming?

One: I actually heard some rumors about that. Apparently Wyoming became a bounty hunter after he left.

Zero: After that?

Delta: York assisted Agent Texas in breaking into Wyoming's hideout, but are unable to eliminate Wyoming himself. When Texas's gun jammed , York willingly covered for her, but was shot by Agent Wyoming, mortally wounding him.

Wash: Where are they now?

Delta: I am not sure. I do not now what happened upon York's suit shutting down.

Zero: That so...

One: Should we go looking for them? They couldn't have gone far.

Wash: I doubt they'll be anywhere near here. But radio Command.

One: Right...

One stepped back and radioed command.

One: Come in, Command. This is Recovery One. we've located the Delta A.I. He appears in tact, but Agent York is KIA...

Command: This is Command, we need a full inventory of the carrier's equipment before it's decommissioned.

The three of them looked confused.

One: Why do you need that?

Command: Recovery One, please respond to the directive. Perform a complete inventory.

The three of them looked at each other before One responded.

One: Roger Command. Recovery One out...

Wash: Delta, instruction: run a full system diagnostic, with detail on armor components, analyze inventory.

Delta: Executing, result: all components present. Armor at 70% peak capacity.

Wash: Not bad for an old locksmith. Hey, need you to start a countdown for us One hundred on the clock.

Delta: Initiating. One hundred. Ninety-nine. Ninety-eight. May I make an inquiry?

Wash: Go ahead.

Delta: Why was I not destroyed?

Wash: What?

Delta: When an assignee is killed in action, protocol dictates that all intelligence programs be destroyed.

Zero: Yeah that's what they told us at first too. But you were encrypted until you could be recovered. we're here to recover you. Apparently it's cheaper to store you then destroy you.

Delta: Recovery carries risk. Destruction ensures that an A.I. will not fall in to enemy hands.

Zero: Are you really complaining?

Delta: Not at all! Just noting a discrepancy.

Zero: Alright, Delta, store yourself in a portable component, okay? We're moving you.

Delta: You could insert me in to one of own A.I. slots. I do not show them as occupied.

Wash: I don't think so.

One: We rather not, can you just hop into the portable component?

Delta: Affirmative.

Once transferring to the unit, Zero began stripping off York's armor and then picked up his body. Zero took York's body and buried him in the sand. One then walked over to her brother, carrying York's helmet and shotgun, sticking the barrel into the ground before placing his helmet on it, as the two of them payed their respects to their fallen friend.

Zero and One: ...

After a few minutes, Wash walked over to them both, paying his respects as well. And after another few minutes, Wash spoke up.

Wash: Come on, let's go.

After loading back up into the Warthog, the three of them began to drive away, and Zero pulled out York's lighter he had found on his body.

Zero's thoughts: She even gave this back to you, huh?

As they were driving, they heard an explosion in the background, as Yorks equipment blew up. As they continued driving, they received a call from Command.

Command: Recovery Squad, this is Command, we have a level one distress signal, immediate response necessary.

Wash: We just wrapped that up, Command. We're heading home.

Command: Negative, Recovery Two, this is a new signal.

One: Another one?

Wash: That's the fifth one this month.

Command: Affirmative.

Wash: Alright, send us the coordinates. We're on my way.

(Timeskip)

After arriving at the new distress signal, Zero, One and Wash were immediately met with

a dead North and am unconscious South. After waking up, they began to question her.

Wash: What I don't get is the motion tracker. No one can get by one of those while they're active. You sure you don't have anything in your logs? ... South. You with me? South!

South: What...?

One held her hand up, to Wash and walked up to South.

One: South, listen to me. I know how you feel and what you're going through. If it were my brother, I'd be out of it too... But we need you to concentrate, Okay? The sooner we can piece together what happened, sooner we can track this guy.

South: Right, uh, sorry...

Wash: Don't sweat it. Now, your logs. Nothing?

South: No, not even a ping.

Zero: And you didn't hear anything.

South: I heard him- I heard him scream. I came around the corner, and then, ...nothing.

Wash: You mean you didn't see the attacker?

South: No, I mean nothing. I heard him scream, I headed towards him, and then suddenly you're standing over me asking me if I'm alright and telling me my brother is dead.

Zero looked at South questioningly, as Wash spoke up.

Wash: Yeah. You were out about eight hours. North's armor started a level one distress and they got me here stat.

South: Yeah...

Zero: Level one, South... Something you wanna tell us?

South: I'm sure you already know.

Zero: We need you to confirm it.

South: He still had Theta.

Wash: Well we didn't find Theta on him, South. Did you take it?

South: No, I don't have it!

Washington: Don't sound so bitter.

South: Of course not. Bitter wouldn't win the war, right?

After stripping North of his armor, he was buried and given a grave like York with his helmet and sniper. After paying their respects, Wash spoke up.

Wash: Come on, let's go.

South: Can I, have a few more minutes..?

Washington: You can have one minute.

One just looked at Wash annoyed. 

One: Wash...

Wash: Fine, 2 minutes.

South: I guess I should say thank you.

Washington: I guess you should get busy. Your 2 minute's already started.

As Wash and Zero walked away, One stayed with South. After walking down the path, both Zero and Wash radioed Command.

Command: This is Recovery Command responding secure.

Washington: Command, this is Recovery Zero and Two.

Command: Hello Zero and Wash, we have you both secure, go ahead.

Wash: We're on the scene.

Command: What's the status?

Zero: The beacon was form the twins. Agent North is KIA. South is still functioning.

Command: What is the status of North's A.I.?

Wash: You guys knew he had Theta?

Command: Recovery Two, please respond to the previous inquiry, what is the status of the artificial-

Zero: It's not here, It's gone. Just like the last 4 we went to before York.

Command: Understood. Please wait for directive. ... Find out what you can, clean up the agent, and report back.

Wash: Already on it.

Command: The whereabouts of Theta are top priority, Recovery Two , you of all people do not need to be reminded.

Wash: No. You're right. I don't need to be reminded of anything.

Command: The mission is now level zero.

Zero and Wash both looked surprised, hearing the new order.

Zero: Wait, what?!

Command: We need a full recovery of the current incident.

Wash: Are you serious?

Command: Recovery Zero and One, please confirm the previous directive. You're now level zero, you are ordered-

Zero: Yeah, yeah, we get it.

Zero and Wash looked back and sighed, as with One and South, they were still paying their respects to North, South spoke up.

South: I always thought, being a twin was, a hard thing. Everyone always finds a way to put you together. It's like you're not considered two people. Even when we were kids, our parents dressed us alike, and when we joined up and got sent to the program, they stuck us together. Unlike you, I didn't want to be attached to the hip with my brother. I didn't want to be in his squad...

One: I'm so sorry, South...

South: Yeah...

Both Zero and Wash both walked back over to One and South. Zero looked over at One, making a zero with his hand, which One understood and nodded.

Wash: Time's up. I'm sorry.

South: People thought we were special somehow I suppose. I used to hate that. All I ever wanted was to have my own life. And here I am now, just wondering how I'm gonna live without him.

Zero: Yeah... wouldn't go worrying about that if I were you.

Zero aimed his pistol and shot just past South's head, shocking her.

Wash: You're dead now. Remember that.

South: What the fuck was that for? I don't understand any of this. And my ears are still ringing from that shot

Zero: Welp, don't know what to tell you. Had to sound good for the radio.

Wash: Back to business, Delta.

Delta: Hello, how may I be of assistance?

South: What, is that Delta?! How do you-

One: We got it from York... Before we came here.

South Shit... Even York?

Wash: Delta, have you been monitoring the situation?

Delta: I have.

Wash: Are we set here? Is she clean?

Delta: Can I interpret that to mean "is South now off of Command's active register?"

Zero: ...-_-... No Delta, we meant if she cleaned her ass properly after wiping...

Delta: Scans show that Agent South's anus is 89% clean.

Zero, One and Wash looked at South questioningly, as she looked at them annoyed.

South: What?! There's not a lot out here we can use for toilet paper, alright?!

Zero: ...-_-... Just tell us if she's off Command's active register....

Delta: Affirmative.

South: W-What register?

Wash: Instruction: give me thirty on North's armor clock. Hold on the log.

Delta: Complying. Completed.

Wash: Now, log to Command and include a similar description of South's armor termination.

Delta: That would be dishonest.

One: I mean, yeah, that's the point, Delta.

Delta: Executing. Completed.

South: Wait a minute,  how did you get him to lie?

Wash: There's a lot you don't know. We're moving. Delta, storage.

Delta: Complying...

Zero: Let's get moving.

South: No.

Wash: Excuse me?

South: I am not moving an inch until you three tell me what the hell is going on.

One: We can't really explain ri-

Wash: Fine. Stay here with your brother's armor then. Everyone thinks you're dead anyway. And in fifteen seconds, that will be true.

Delta: Ten seconds.

South: Hh, well... shit.

(Timeskip)

After picking up South and faking her death, the four of them made their way to a ruined city. South was practicing her shots, while Zero, One and Wash were talking to Delta.

Delta: I have been monitoring the comm channels.

Wash: Try again. We need you as accurate as possible if you're going to cover us.

Delta: Still no activity to indicate that Command suspects South is still alive.

Zero: Well, that's good. That means we're clear.

Delta: As much as you can be. And I would prefer if you did not use the word "we".

Zero just rolled his eyes.

Zero: Hyeah, h- okay Delta. We promise to take the fall if we get caught.

Delta: ...

Zero: ...-_- ... Right, sorry. If the 4 of us get caught...

Delta: Thank you.

One: Hey, South!

South stops firing at pylons and looks over.

South: What is it?

Wash: Come here. We need you to test something.

Delta: I have concerns about our next action. Agent South never rated for something like this.

South: Rated for what? What have you gotten me involved with?

Wash: We didn't get you involved in anything.

Zero: The moment who ever or what ever this thing is, came after your brother, you were involved.

Delta: Agents Zero, One Washington believes that something is hunting the Freelancers one by one.

Wash: In the last month we've been ordered to the sites of five different dying Freelancers in an effort to recover their intelligence programs.

South: Why you?

Delta: Agent Washington's experience with the Epsilon program makes him a primary candidate for recovery. Agents Zero and One were assigned as backup.

South: Epsilon? Epsilon went insane and killed itself inside his head!

Wash: The people who certified me were the same people that uncertified me. Which, once they needed me, they did. Funny how the system works.

Delta: In either case, he is the logical choice. It is highly unlikely Wash would attempt to steal an A.I. for his own purposes.

One: Every Freelancer we've seen in the last four weeks has had two thing in common.

Wash: The agents were dead, but for some reason you were left alive. And I wanna know, why that is.

South: You said two things. What's the second one?

Wash: During training, what enhancement did you get?

South: My armor enhancement? I never got one.

Zero: So that confirms it.

South: What does.

One: Why you were left alive. The second thing they all had in common was that their enhancement was removed. Which is why you were left alive. North's Bubble Shield wasn't with his armor.

Wash: Just like yours. The Freelancers are being killed, South. And someone, or something, is stealing their A.I. and enhancements.

Delta: And now Agents Washington, Zero and One are trying to escort us back to headquarters as quickly as possible-

Wash: No. We're not.

Delta: Excuse me?

Zero: We don't need to. We've been following the trail of this thing for a while now. But once We got you, Delta, that changed. Now we're the ones being followed.

Wash: South being left alive was nothing more than bait to slow us down. This thing has already killed four different Freelancers, South.

Zero: If this thing is stacking enhancements, we're not going to be able to take it out by ourselves. We need all the help we can get and need someone to protect Delta as well.

Delta: I see now. That is why you want me to implant in South.

South: Excuse me?

Delta: The only way to properly protect me in combat is to integrate me in to your armor.

South: Yeah, no shit, but why me?!

Delta: Agents Zero, One and Washington will not allow me to do that.

Wash: And somebody has to.

South: I...

Suddenly, One got bing on her radar.

One: I picked up something, but it vanished...

Wash: Well, make up your mind quickly. It's here.

Delta: My motion sensors-

Zero: Are going to be useless. South, get Delta in your head now! You and One head up to the higher ground, Wash, and I will draw it out!

Suddenly, a shot sails over Wash's head and hits the wall behind him

Wash: Move!

South approaches Delta.

Delta: I should warn you: the first implantation can feel a little...odd.

As Zero and Wash ran out, they couldn't see anything, when suddenly they're shot from above at of no where.

Zero: Stay alert! This guy is cloaked!

Getting behind cover, Wash began to fire where he last saw the target, hitting him, making him flicker. Suddenly, they saw a knife flying past their head, as Zero attempted to slash them, before kicking the figure in the head, slashing at them, making them deactivate their cloak and Zero's eyes widened completely shocked.

Zero: Maine...? Is that you...?!

The target, now known as Maine, looked at Zero and kicked him away, firing at him. Zero quickly docked out of the way.

Zero: It's Maine!

Wash: What?!

One: Did you say Maine?!

Wash: One! South! We need you to cover, now!

One: We're almost in position!

One looked back and saw South staggering.

One: South, are you alright?

South: Be quiet...

Delta: Keep breathing. Hearing my voice internally can be jarring, at first. I am told it helps clear the mind to concentrate on one thing. May I suggest that you try-

South: Will you please not talk for a second, that might help!

Delta: Technically, I am not talking.

South: Delta. Please!

Delta: My apologies.

South: Okay, I'm feeling better.

Delta: Remember to keep breathing.

South: Yes, I'll keep that in mind.

Rushing in from the side, Zero began firing at him, distracted him, as Wash jumped on Maine's back, trying to choke him with his gun.

Wash: Damn it, Maine! What the hell is wrong with you?!

Maine threw Wash off his back, and got ready to fire at him, only for Zero to kick him in the head. Maine went to bring his blade down on Zero, only for him to redirect it to the ground, kicking him away.

Zero: Maine, what the hell is with you?! Why are you going around killing agents?!

Ignoring Zero, Maine used his Super strength, grabbing a destroyed car and hurled it at the two of them. Zero quickly jumped out the way, while Wash barley docked under it.

Wash: Fucking car!

Maine began firing at One and South, making them take cover.

South: We're pinned!

Zero again slashed Maine across the chest. Maine attempted to strike Zero, only for him to slide under his leg, slashing his back. Maine proceeded to try and backhand him, but was shot from the side by Wash. As he was firing, he noticed a working Falcon in the distance.

Wash: Change of plans, One, get South to that Falcon. We'll keep Maine distracted!

South: What?!

Wash: You and One get to it and take off. Get yourself and more importantly Delta back to base.

One: We can't leave you both behind!

Zero: We'll be fine, One, just go!

One looked at Zero conflicted, not wanting to abandon her brother. As One was thinking, South just shook her head.

South: God, you really can't do anything without your brother, can you?

One: Huh?

Now out of her thoughts, One went to turn around, but was shot in the back by South, making her scream in pain. South then proceeded to kick One off the building, as she fell and hit the ground, being knocked out. Delta's color changes to red, then a dark purple.

Delta: Alarm! Friendly target, cease fire!

South: Calm down, just stacking the deck in our favor.

As Zero was fighting Maine, he heard One's screams and looked back and saw her being shot by South and kicked off the ledge.

Zero: EMILY!!!!!

Wash: Zero, watch out!!!

As Zero was distracted, Maine used the chance to slash him on the chest, kicking him back and firing a shot at him, blowing him back and damaging his armor, including his helmet. Before Wash could even react, he was shot in the leg and back by South, knocking him out. Seeing this, Maine looked up and saw South had already made it to the Falcon and was flying away, making him growl in anger. Within the Falcon, South contacted Command.

South: Come in Command.

Command: Hello Recovery Three, what is your status?

South: Mission accomplished Command. We were able to draw out the enemy, just as you projected. Sending logs now.

Command: Excellent news. We'll use the data to devise a new strategy to combat him. What is the status of Recovery Zero, One and Two.

South: All KIA. The enemy took them down.

Command: Understood. Were they ever aware of your efforts at any time?

South: Negative. They even set up the encounter.

Command: Return to base, we'll rate you for implantation as agreed.

South: Negative.

Command: Say again, Recovery Three?

South: Negative. You got what you wanted, and I have my A.I. now. You won't be hearing from me again. Goodbye.

Command: South, you know we have other agents. We will find you, South.

South: It's not you I'm worried about...

After South betrayed Zero, One and Wash, leaving them to die, Maine walked over and looked at all three of them. First looking at Zero and One.

Maine: ...

(Flashback)

Currently, Maine is laying on the ground severely wounded, bleeding heavily. As he tried to speak, he couldn't feeling blood gargle in his throat.

Zero: HEY!!! HE'S OVER HERE!!!

Maine weakly looked over and saw Zero, One and multiple medical units running over to him.

One: My God, Maine... What did they do to you...?

Zero: Just stay with us, big guy. We're going to get you help, alright?

One: Stay with us, Maine...

Maine: ...

(Present)

Maine: ...

Maine then proceeded to look down at Wash next.

Maine: ...

(Flashback)

Currently Maine was being rushed to surgery, as Wash was walking with him with the medical team.

Wash: Can't you stabilize him?!

Medical personnel: We're doing our best, sir!

Wash: Is there something I can do?!

Medical personnel: Sorry, sir. You're going to have to wait here. Medical crew only.

Wash then looked down at Maine.

Wash: Just hang in there, buddy. You're going to pull through this.

(Present)

Maine: ...

Maine then proceeded to hold his head, hearing the voices of Theta, Eta, Iota and then Sigma.

Sigma: Meta.

Maine now known as Meta continued to look at Zero, One and Wash, before growing and beginning to walk away, leaving his former friends behind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 162 34
Join the reds and blues mini adventures and psa's. I'll be adding some of my own psa, I hope you like it and my own little adventure. Bye
351K 7.2K 194
You were one of the first freelancers and one of the best you could never fill a mission no matter what happens you always succeed no matter who you...
6.9K 141 24
It's been months since the fight with Hargrove and the reds and blues are now committing crimes, not only that but all the freelancers are going miss...
21.8K 517 29
Red Vs Blue, but with a twist! Ruby and Tex chased down Wyoming, but upon returning to Blood Gulch, they realized they had a lot to catch up on...