NATSU NO SAIGO NO HI

By cvhagen

queer shorts #1 - Natsu no Saigo no hi (The Last Expense of Summer) -- Luigi's summer vacation was lame until... More

Natsu no Saigo no hi
Ni
San
Shi
Go
Roku
Shichi
Hachi
Kyuu
Juu
Juu Ichi
Juu Ni
Juu San

Ichi

97 13 11
By cvhagen

⁂⁂⁂

Summer vacations are lame. Most people are anticipating this because they can do whatever they want without worrying school. At last they can go to the beaches, hike or even just simple road trips and picnics. Yes, normies are going crazy over vacations, but me? Oh, nevermind. I'll just stay inside our house like how I did from my previous vacation. No energy wasted.

[Normies – people who are not into anime culture.]

I stared at the whiteboard at my room, calculating how many episodes of anime I missed because of not having a freaking wi-fi at our new home. We just moved here last week, my dad was promoted last year that's why we're able to get a bigger house from a new neighborhood. Sound fun, yes – but no wi-fi, so it's a no for me.

I sighed as I removed my glasses. My eyes are probably tired from reading last night, so I must rest them for a bit. Now, I regretted staying up late, I should've sleep earlier so that my eyes won't sore like this one.

When I'm about to grab my pillow, I heard a knock from my door.

"Luwi?" It was my sister Astra, she's two years older from me and she's a social butterfly, an exact opposite of me. "Luwi, are you awake? Papasok ako."

I immediately panicked. Agad kong tinago ang hawak kong manga sa ilalim ng foam. She opened the door. I saw how her pink dress sways as she moves. It was my gift for her last Christmas, I'm glad it fitted well.

"For Pete's sake, Luigi! When will you learn to pick up the trash and clean your room? This room looks like a garbage site, gosh!" I closed my eyes after hearing her scream, her voice is irritating my ears. She sounded like our mom.

She picked some junk food wrappers lying on the floor while still scolding me. I let her tidy my room cause she's a clean freak. Besides, no one can stop her from invading my privacy right now since she's fuming mad about the mess.

"Are you a kid? You're already 17! Being a man doesn't mean you shouldn't learn how to clean. Ang kalat-kalat ng kwarto mo! May katulong ka bang taga-sunod nitong kalat mo?" She continued cleaning. She even grabbed a broom and starts sweeping the floor.

She was about to touch my pile of mangas when I shouted. "Don't touch those!"

"Then, maglinis ka!" She said and ignored what I just said. The mangas that's lying in the floor earlier are now on the shelves and organized. "God, Luigi! This is a major turn off for girls."

[Manga – a Japanese comic book and graphic novels.]

Tinakpan ko ng unan ang mukha ko. My room is not dirty, it's just not clean. Besides I don't care about girls.

When she's finished, she sat on my bed and started shaking me. "Gising na!"

"I am already awake," I answered. Hinila niya ang unan sa mukha ko at saka hinampas ito sa akin. "I said, gising na ako!"

"Then get up now!" She shouted back.

I have no choice but to get up and rub my eyes. I bet they're red as tomatoes now.

"Do you have plans on going out?" she asked me while fixing her hair.

Is she kidding me? I stared at her for a second, letting her realize what she just asked me.

"Oh right, I almost forgot that you're a caveman. You don't go outside except when going to school," she said sarcastically.

"Do you need something?" I know that this lady won't bug my morning if she didn't need anything from me. "Are you going to meet your boyfriend? Is that's the reason why you dressed pretty today?"

"Silly, I don't have a boyfriend." She poked my head. "I'm going out to the mall with Halley today. But today's Klio's monthly check up, I can't bring him with me. So can you take him to the vet?"

I turned my back into her, hiding the manga I recently finished. "What time?"

"2:30 PM. And can you buy some dog food also? There's a shop near the clinic of Dra. Vension."

"Okay," I repied.

"Thank you, Luigi! You're the best!" She kissed me in the head before leaving the room.

Nang masigurado kong wala na siya, saka lang ako bumangon at nilabas ang tinago kong manga. Nakahinga ako ng maluwag, no one in the family should see this. I just got this one as a freebie on my last manga purchase, though I didn't expect it to be R-18. But, the story is good anyway, but still there are parts that aren't censored so, they shouldn't see it.

I grabbed my towel on the hanger near my door at saka lumabas ng kwarto para maligo. Wala naman kasing CR bawat kwarto ang bahay. After wearing clothes, I put a little bit perfume. Isa sa mga advantage ng mga hindi madalas lumalabas ng bahay ay ang hindi mabilis na pagkaubos ng perfume. My perfume normally lasts more than a year. Kaya naman nakakatipid ako.

When I went downstairs, wala na si Astra, nakaalis na siguro. Klio is just lying on the couch while the TV is running. Para siyang totoong tao na nanunood at naiintindihan ang palabas. On the table was a small sticky note where the name of the clinic and the vet is written. Kinuha ko iyon at saka kinabit ang collar ni Klio.

Klio is a white aspin. Nakita namin siya sa dati naming bahay na sinisiksik ang sarili sa maliit na siwang ng gate dahil malakas ang ulan at saka kumukulog pa. And because of his small size, he managed to fit himself in the hole. Kinabukasan lang siya nakita ni Astra. I remembered that he's so thin that time kaya naman naawa si mama at saka inampon na lang namin. Papa was the one who named him Klio, it was so much better than the first name he thought which is Tequila. A lot of changes happened when he was in our care, we're glad that he looks health now. Ako kaya ang gumawa ng paraan para matanggal lahat ng garapata niya.

Sinigurado kong wala nang naiwang nakasaksak bago ako lumabas sa bahay at saka ni-lock ang pinto. Nang makalabas ako ng gate, parang gusto ko nang pumasok ulit. Mainit sa labas, tirik na tirik ang araw dahil ala una pa lang. Gustuhin ko mang magdala ng payong, I choose not to dahil baka maiwala ko lang. Mama will be mad at me at baka itakwil ako. Funny how mothers love their avon umbrellas more than their children.

I started walking, following the cars. It brought me in the park of the village. Saka ko lang na-realize na hindi ko tanda ang daan pabalik ng bahay and I don't know our address yet. All I can remember is there's a green trashcan in front of our house, but that's not a freaking landmark!

I was about to message Astra when I remembered I don't have a sim. My cellphone is so useless. What do you expect of me? Of course I don't have one kasi hindi naman ako lumalabas ng bahay. All the emergency messages are sent to my sister then she'll forward it on my messenger account. Pero wala namang wifi na pwede kong pag-anuhan dito.

I unconsciously continued walking, letting Klio pull me wherever he wants. I don't know what to do, I just want to walk Klio to his vet and now I'm lost. Baka kapag natagalan kami, hahanapin na lang kami ni Astra. I hope she'll do that, pero baka mamaya pa ang uwi niya cause she's hanging out with her best friend, Halley.

Klio and I entered the park. Like common village parks, it has a small oval where you can jog. A free space with clean blue-themed tiles in front of the stage for town events. There was also a sign saying "No Skating on the Tiles". The other parts were cemented but there are holes for the trees to grow. Below them are benches where you can sit and enjoy the cool breeze of the wind even though it's summer.

I want to sit but Klio keeps pulling me away from the bench so I have no choice but to follow him. Napunta kami sa may likurang bahagi ng park. Surprisingly, there was a free space with nothing in them. Hindi gaya nung sa harapan ng stage which is tiled, this one is plain cemented. I can see ramps and clean single-cemented wall with no fresh paint. maybe this one is for skateboards and street arts.

Klio continued pulling me until I saw the entire skating area. It was really wide I think 15 cars can park here.

As we continued moving, I saw a man running around with wheels in his feet. He's wearing a blue track jacket even though the sun is ramping above. Maybe he doesn't want his skin to get tanned. He runs around and me, having an attention-span of a goldfish,was intrigued watching it so I pulled Klio to stay. When he reached the center, he swayed his hands elegantly as he raised his left foot from the ground, leaving his another foot in charge on carrying his whole weight. Surprisingly, he's good at balancing. He continued running and running while dancing on his own. I didn't hear any music but for sure, if there is one, a lot of people will gather just to watch him.

My eyes were glued on him as he moves to different directions. Every time he sways, it screams gentleness and it's beautiful. When he turns around, I saw his face, he's smiling while eyes closed. He's enjoying it. Saka ko lang napansin ang airpods na nakasabit sa tenga niya. So there's music but only him can hear it.

He positioned his body to jump. I was about to shout, worrying he might lose balance and fall on the hard ground. He spins mid-air but this time, eyes were wide open, and he saw me. Our eyes locked for a moment, as if it was a slow-motioned spin, giving details on how his hair dances in the wind. The world's so unfair, how dare the Creator made him this good looking. I feel ashamed.

Right after he performed a perfect landing, I immediately grab Klio and walked away from the skating area. Hindi ko alam kung saan kami pupunta pero nakakahiyang manatili pa roon. I'm very sure that he saw me. He might assume that I'm staring at him while he's dancing. I am, but I don't want him to know.

Mabilis akong tumawid ng kalsada habang karga-karga ang aso ko. Hindi ko alam kung saan ako patungo pero bahala na. Lumapit na lang ako sa convenient store, marahas kong hinila ang pintuan at mabilis na nagtinginan ang mga taong nasa loob. I just realized that the sign was saying push. Embarrassed, I looked at the floor, avoiding the gazes as I went to the corner of the store.

There I found a charging station and beside was a wi-fi machine. You just have to insert a coin and you'll connect to the wi-fi. Dahil wala akong barya, bumili ako ng ilang chips at nagbayad sa counter. Taquito was patiently waiting at the table near the wifi machine. I'm glad that they let pets enter the store.

I immediately connected my phone to the internet. When I opened my messenger, my inbox was bombarded with messages from Astra. Nagso-sorry ito dahil nakalimutan niyang ibigay ang address ng clinic. I called her and she answered right away.

"Luwi! I'm really sorry! Nakalimutan kong hindi mo nga pala alam!" She said worriedly.

"It's okay," I replied.

"Nasa'n ka ngayon?"

"I'm at the convenience store near the park."

"Great! The clinic is just a few walks away. Bumili ka ng sim diyan and I'll send you load. Ituturo ko sayo yung daan para hindi ka na maligaw." Then, she dropped the call.

Sinunod ko lahat nang sinabi niya at dinala nga ako sa maliit na clinic. Tinanong ako ng veterinarian kung bakit late si Klio sa appointment niya at nag-sorry naman ako. She just checked his condition and advised me how to handle him if ever something happens, I'm glad that Klio is fine overall. She just gave some brands of dog vitamins that Klio might like and everything was done.

After the check-up, like what Astra said, I bought some dog food before going home. Thankfully, Astra give me our home address that's why I just have to give it to the tricycle driver.

I saw that a car is parked in front of our house, indicating that our parents are home. Pumasok ako agad sa loob ng bahay. Nang makita nila akong galing sa labas, nagulat pa ang mga ito.

"Strolling to see the new neighborhood?" my father teased me.

"Astra asked me to bring Klio to the vet," I answered.

"Nahanap mo ba ang clinic?"

"Naligaw muna ako sa park, I stayed there for a while before buying a sim on the convenience store to contact Astra."

Tinanggal ko ang leash ni Klio at hinayaan siyang tumakbo-takbo sa loob ng bahay. Habang ako naman ay umupo sa sofa para magpahinga. It was just a little trip but it consumed a large percentage of my energy.

"How's the park? Hindi pa ako nakakaikot doon pero ang sabi ng mga kapit bahay natin, malinis raw. Is it true?" tanong ni mama. "Balita ko may event na magaganap doon next Saturday."

I don't know why, but a figure of a man skate dancing freely flashed before my eyes. I remember how beautiful and elegant it was before snapping back to reality.

"Huh?" tanong ko.

"Kung maganda ba kamo ang park."

"Ah, opo," I answered. "It was beautiful. I want to see it again." I smiled a little before standing up to go to my room. Little did they know that it wasn't the park I was talking about.

⁂⁂⁂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 4.6K 53
The Madrid-Esquival siblings Nora, Fort, and Ansel, find love through their phones...and go from there. *** Nora's crush on her older brother's teamm...