SONDER. | Short Series

By 90samourdaay

"Sonder - noun. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own... More

i | Sonder ❦ (prelude)
ii | Sonder ❦ (1)
iii | Sonder ❦ (2)
iv | Sonder ❦ (3)
v | Sonder ❦ (4)
vi | Sonder ❦ (5) 1/2
vii | Sonder ❦ (5) 2/2
viii | Sonder ❦ (6) 1/2
ix | Sonder ❦ (6) 2/2
x | Sonder ❦ (7)
xi | Sonder ❦ (8)
xii | Sonder ❦ (9) 1/2
xiii | Sonder ❦ (9) 2/2
xiv | Sonder ❦ (10) 1/2
xv | Sonder ❦ (10) 2/2
xvi | Sonder ❦ (11)
xvii | Sonder ❦ (12) 1/2
xviii | Sonder ❦ (12) 2/2
xix | Sonder ❦ (13)
xx | Sonder ❦ (14) 1/2
xxi | Sonder ❦ (14) 2/2
xxiii | Sonder ❦ (16)
xxiv | Sonder ❦ (17)
Question

xxii | Sonder ❦ (15)

3.5K 330 209
By 90samourdaay

Please ignore any and all mistakes.
————————————————

— STREET RUNNER —

These mixed signals, mixed signals, they're killing me
I don't know what you want, but I know what I need
The goodbyes, the hellos, the "I need you, no I don't"
Every time I start to close the door, you knock and I let you in
Loving you is my greatest sin

•••••

He knew he fucked up.

Amiré was quick to say his goodbyes to everyone as he exited the elevator, heading straight to his room. He was mad at himself, because he was supposed to be done with Taivon Bradley. Yet she had left his whole life on fire every time she looked at him. Her intoxicating scent lingered on his skin, making him curse under his breathe. All he could see every time he tried to close his eyes and process what happened, was her. She wasn't even near him and he could still feel her lips against his. How the fuck did she have that kind of power over him? Was it lust? Was it love?

It couldn't be love... right?

It wasn't supposed to lead to that, he didn't go looking for her with the intentions of having sex. He simply wanted to check on her, cause he'd notice how quick she was to leave. He went down the stairs and search every room until he met the one with the closed door. He knew he shouldn't have opened it without knocking, but he couldn't help himself. Especially when he heard her moaning. His body acted off instinct and that's how he found himself, watching her please herself. But what really pushed him to the point of no return was when she moaned out his name.

She had been imagining him, while touching herself. There was no way in hell he was leaving that room without giving her whatever she desired in that moment.

He paused right before swiping into his hotel room, trying to clear his thoughts. He already smelled like her, ain't no way he could go into this room distracted around Mariya. He needed to head straight to the shower without stopping. He needed to rinse Taivon off his body immediately, maybe then she'd leave his mind.

He took another deep breathe and shook his head, swiping into the room. He hurried inside and spotted Mariya resting at the top of their bed watching tv. He didn't say a word as he headed straight into the bathroom, closing and locking the door behind him.

He went to the shower and turned it on hot, watching as it poured down heavy before stripping out of his clothes and entering i. The second the water touched his skin he zoned out, remembering the first time he met Taivon. Without even knowing the girl, he felt comfortable around her. He looked for a peace of mind in every person that entered his life, but the only person he ever truly felt at peace with was her. She was the biggest headache he ever had and he felt like he was going crazy because he was feenin' for her.

He knew that if Mariya hadn't been here, he wouldn't even in his own room. He'd be in hers, likely taking her body in every space that he could. As crazy it might sound, he loved making her cum because every time he made her cum, he saw into her soul.

Isaíah entered his mind next, bringing a smile to his face. He was living proof of the connection Taivon and him had. The second he laid eyes on him he knew that was his son, he just needed to hear it come out of her mouth. For the first time since he watched the police drag his mother away, his heart ached. It hurt. He was felt like the same little terrified boy, weak, having no fight inside of him. He was worried that God had mocked him and gave him a son, knowing the relationship he had with his own father.

Amiré was terrified that Isaíah was his karma. That if anyone was to finally take his breathe away and get pay back for all the lives he's taken, it would be his own son. Because he'd die for him in a heartbeat.

A laugh left his lips as he threw his head back, running his hand down his face. He was a damn joke. The universe had to be laughing at him. He legit tried everything in his power to push Taivon away, just for him to not only get her pregnant, but end up working with her damn brother in law. Now he was stuck with her forever, he couldn't run anymore.

Either this was extremely coincidental or there was some divine intervention going on. It was like the universe was telling him to stop fighting it's efforts for their souls to connect, and finally give in. Amiré and Taivon were magnets in every room they were in together, completely drawn to each other.

It was going to be that way forever, and there wasn't anything he could do about it.

He lifted his head back up and shook it as realization of his situation hit him hard. "I-I never stood a fucking chance." He breathed out.

>>>>

He reentered the room, holding the towel around his waist. He still didn't say a word to Mariya as he walked over to his bag, looking for something comfortable to put on. She huffed loudly and he paused what he was doing to look back at her, to see she was already looking at him.

"You slept with her didn't you?" She asked, cutting her eyes at him.

His eyes dropped to the bed as he licked his lips, not even having the energy to deny it. He had slept with her and he had no regrets.

She just scoffed and shook her head, knowing that was his answer. "Amiré if you love that girl why wont you just go be with her?"

His face scrunched up, shocked to hear those words leave her mouth. "Huh?"

"I saw the way that you looked at her when she came to dinner. It was all in your face, you love that girl. When you left me today I realized that you've just been using me to ignore the fact she has yo heart. And you know it's fine, I'm not hurt because truthfully I've been using you too. I just unfortunately caught feelings for you, which was a huge mistake because you told me from the start not too."

He rolled his eyes. "I told her that too."

"Clearly you didn't tell yourself that though."

He smacked his lips. "Thats bullshit. I been heartless since my momma died."

"And yet here we are," She chuckled, shaking her head at him. "Me doing something I would never do, by telling you to go and be with another girl. I knew that battle was lost soon as I saw she had your baby. Amiré never slips up with females and the fact that you got her pregnant, told me everything I needed to know. You don't trust people, but you trust her."

He just sighed and turned back around, pulling out his boxers and putting them on. He didn't have anything to say as he continued getting dressed, sliding his white t shirt over his head.

"Why are you so damn difficult Amiré?"

"Because I don't wanna hurt her!" He snapped, not because he was angry but because he was frustrated. "I don't know if I'll be able to love her the way that she deserves. I'm afraid that if I do end up falling in love with her, I'll do something that'll end with me losing her. Every single person that I've loved I have hurt. I killed my own father Riya," He admitted out loud for the first time. "And soon after I lost my momma because she took the fall for what I did. I ruined their lives."

Rita's eyes widened a little, not expecting to learn this fact about Amiré. "Oh—"

"I'm a terrible person." His voice softened, thinking about everything that he's done. "Ain't no coming back from the shit that I've done."

Riya shook her head. "Amiré you're a thug. That's what comes with the life that you chose! That don't mean you have to walk around this earth the rest of yo life lonely and heartless. Your sins don't stop you from being human! I'm sure she isn't clueless to the shit that you do, but it's not up to you to decide for her. You one of the realest niggas I've ever met and yet when it comes to her you acting like a bitch."

His face scrunched up. "Aye chill out."

"Nah you need to hear this from somebody who ain't afraid to tell you how it is. You don't think everyone is afraid to fall in love? That shìt comes with a lot of uncertainty. But the whole part of falling in love is doing it with somebody you trust enough to not hurt you. And you trust her! You share a whole child with her!"

He bit his tongue, leaning against the dresser. He was letting her words sink into his mind.

"Amiré if you truly love her, you just gotta trust that she'll make the right decision on what's best for her. All you gotta do is go and put the ball in her court and accept whatever she chooses. All you gotta do is give her a chance."

He chuckled to himself. "You make it sound so easy."

"That's because it is." She shrugged, lookin back down at her phone. "Now pack ya things and get out of my hotel room. The baddest bitch you'll ever meet is choosing herself. Good luck."

He looked at her like she was crazy. "You kicking me out of the room I paid for?!"

She smirked at him. "Yup. Just cause this little affair is over doesn't mean I'm not about to enjoy the rest of my solo vacation. What Bia say? I'm on islands whippen them Porsches, run shit and your nigga endorse it." She rapped before busting out laughing.

"So you was just using me for my money?" He smirked back and she pointed her finger at him.

"You already knew that, the dick was just an added on bonus." She winked at him.

•••••

Chapter 15. 🤍

Thoughts? Comments? Concerns? 👀

Alright I'm going to sleep now 😮‍💨 toodles. This weather got a bitch sickkkk.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 3.2K 23
a·mour əˈmo͝or,äˈmo͝or/ noun a secret or illicit love affair or lover.
2K 150 16
in·fat·u·a·tion /in-fat-chu-ation/ •noun• an intense but short-lived passion or admiration for someone or something. "we do not exist in any other in...
6K 588 112
// s o n d e r \\ - "the realisation that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own" Life can be dark, cold and lonely...
21.5K 1.9K 32
𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘤𝘦𝘴𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘨𝘢𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘭𝘥, 𝘪 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘮𝘺 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘥𝘰�...