With Your Love

By heyitshusna

******READ A BIT OF MY LATEST CHAPTER TO SEE HOW MUCH MY WRITING HAS IMPROVED LIKE HONEST ITS SO CRINGEY I CA... More

Please read before you continue!!!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
<Authors Note>
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 11 (Re-posted)
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Author's Note
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
PLEASE READ
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
I need your help!
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Important!
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Very tragic news (maybe?) (Important!!)
Chapter 64
Epilogue

Chapter 34

548K 5.4K 1.1K
By heyitshusna

Chapter 34

It was so dark. My heart thudded against my rib cage as I tried to see but nothing came in vision. I couldn’t even tell if I was awake or not, I was just here. I had no idea where I was anyways. I started to walk as I heard the echo of my footsteps bounce of the walls, and back into my ears. Even though I was scared, I felt safe. As soon as the thought crossed my mind, the room was immediately lit up. My eyes were blinded by the white bright light, as I closed them immediately.

“Valerie.” I heard a soft, gently voice call me. I opened my eyes as she stood there, a huge grim on her face. My heart stopped beating as I took in her beauty. Her auburn hair was up in a bun, her blue eyes staring at me with happiness. She was wearing a long pink dress that hugged her perfectly. My throat got tight as the tears slid down my cheeks. What was she doing here?

“Bramble” I choked out, walking closer to her. Happiness was all over her face, and she seemed so relaxed. Way more relaxed she looked in the real world, way happier.

“Don’t cry.” She whispered walking closer to me, her heels click against the now white floor. The room was black before, but because of her light, everything turned white.

“You’re here.” I chocked out before running towards her, closing the space between us, and wrapping her in a hug.

“I’m here.” She said pulling apart from the hug, but her arms were still on my shoulders.

“I’m so sorry, I should’ve forgave you, I’m so stupid, it was too late, Bramble you were gone-”I started.

“Valerie, I’m so much happier here, you don’t understand. What I did do to you was unforgivable, and you’re right, it’s too late.”She whispered against my hair. I let out sobs as she comforted me.

Bramble was the school bully, she hurt me in so many ways, it was unbelievable. She made up all these rumors about my dad, made everyone turn against me. She said how my dad left me because I was a disappointment, how he left us for a better family. The entire school snickered at me when I would walk down the hallways because of her. Then, all of a sudden, she turned a new leaf. She wanted to be my friend, and begged my forgiveness, but I never gave it to her. I hated her for making my life a living hell. Every day she would come to my house trying to talk to me, trying to say her apologies, but I never forgave her because I was stubborn. And then one day, she was gone. Just like that. Bramble had taken her own life. I never knew what her life was like, and when she needed a friend, I pushed her away. Sure she bullied me, but I was so damn stubborn. If I were to just be the shoulder for her to cry on, she would still be in this world, she would not have committed suicide. Turns out the whole time, her parents would abuse her, and they were drunks. Her dad’s friend would come and rape her, but none of this was known until after she took her life. For the first year after she died, I had nightmares. Nightmares of all the times I could’ve forgave her, I could’ve been her friend. I could’ve helped her. Until this day I feel like if I wasn’t so stubborn, she would still be here. I blamed myself for her death. But here she was, in front of me, as clear as day.

“You need to know that it’s not your fault, Valerie. I took my own life, and I would’ve done it either way because I didn’t belong in that world. It wasn’t a mistake, and even though I was only 15, I had enough of that world. I’m so much happier.” She started, her eyes shining. She was right, I could feel the happiness radiating her, and bouncing onto me. My heart swelled as a small smile found its way to my face.

“But I’m not here because of me.”

My eyebrows knit in confusion “What?”

“Valerie, I know you blame yourself for my death, but I was going to commit either way. Before I died, I wanted you to know that I was sorry for making your life hell. So don’t blame yourself anymore, it was my choice. It’s been over three years, and I know you forgot about me, but I didn’t forget about you. Valerie, you were stubborn then, and you’re stubborn now. You need to learn how to forgive babe, and if Niall is too much of a guy to be the bigger person, then you call him and let everything fall into place. I’m not telling you to call him and explain your love for him, just call him and tell him that it’s fine. That you two can still be friends, because your friendship isn’t one that should be broken. You need to forgive Valerie, before it’s too late. It was too late for you to forgive me for what I did, but don’t let it be too late for you to forgive Niall.”

How did Bramble know about everything? Why was she even talking about Niall right now?

“You may have thought Fate bought you two back together, but it took more than that, it took a guardian angel.”Bramble smiled at me.

I let that sink in, Bramble has been watching down at me the whole time.

“I love you so much, Bramble and I regret not forgiving you.” I said the tears falling again.

“It’s okay babe, I just wanted to pay you a visit before it was too late.” Bramble said before taking a step back from me.

“Where are you going?” I called after her.

“My time is up, don’t forget about me.” She said with a smile and a wink. She was becoming blurry, or maybe it was just the tears in my eyes.

“Wait Bramble?” I asked.

“Yes?” She asked her voice becoming distant.

“I forgive you.” I said before she was gone and the room was dark once again.

I woke up in a pool of my own tears. I sat up as the memories of my dream came back. I never forgot about Bramble, but I pushed her to the back of my head. I needed to stop blaming me about her death, and it was a relief knowing that she was in a better place.

You have to call Niall.

All of a sudden, I wasn’t mad at him. I wanted to hear his voice, to mess around with him, to be his friend. It was too late for me to forgive Bramble, but not Niall, and I didn’t want it be too late.

I didn’t even know what time it was, but in seconds I was sitting up in bed, dialing Niall’s number in. The phone rang a couple of times before he answered.

“Valerie, are you alright?” His voice came strained, tired.

“I’m fine.” I said, my voice low, but it cracked. I hadn’t even knew I was still crying from the dream, I was an emotional wreck, and I was pmsing.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, his voice stern.

“I had a dream.” I told him, my mouth saying words that my brain didn’t even register.

“About what?” He asked, his voice soft, that made my stomach lurch. Control your hormones Valerie!

“Bramble” I said my voice quite.

“You still blame yourself don’t you?” He asked.

“No, Niall, it was different. She looked so happy, and told me that she was in a better place. She made me realize that I needed to stop being stubborn before it was too late. It was too late with her, but not with you. I can’t lose you Niall, so I’m sorry. This isn’t exactly going to go well. I’m not ready to risk anything with this friendship because I need you. I lost you once, and I’m not losing you again. So basically what I’m trying to say is that, can we pretend like nothing happened?  Just friends, that’s all we are meant to be.” I said trying to control my voice. I didn’t want to be just friends, I wanted so much damn more, but I wasn’t going to risk anything. I was utterly in love with a boy who obviously didn’t feel the same.

“I agree.” Niall said. “I’m happy you called, I was starting to think that I lost you again.” Niall’s voice was filled with so much pain, it made me wince. He loved me, but as a friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

“You would never lose me, because I wouldn’t let that happen. I’m like an irritating rash, you can try to get rid of me, but I’ll always come right back.” I smiled.

“That’s great to know.” It grew quiet and I let a couple of minutes pass before I spoke.

“Good night Niall.” I whispered.

“Night Val.” He said before the other line went dead. I placed my hand over my mouth trying to choke back the sobs that were threatening to escape. I knew it wasn’t going to happen, that chasing over Niall was just a fantasy in my mind. I needed to et over him, because this wasn’t healthy for our friendship. But I couldn’t. The time we shared was amazing and fun, and even though we didn’t date, I was happier then I was ever in my life. In literally a blink of my eye, it  was all taken away from me.

The door of my room opened just a bit to reveal a little sleepy Jacob standing in the door way.

“I heard crying.” He whispered walking in, closing the door behind him. I wiped my tears before grabbing him and placing him on my bed.

“I’m fine, just a bit emotional, really.” I laughed shaking my emotions off.

Jake gave me a toothy grin before a small frown appeared on his face “I wish daddy was here then we could stay here forever and ever.”

“I wish you could stay here too! Heck I wish I could stay here, I have to go soon too.” I complained.

“Where are you going?” He asked me.

“Back home. I live in London, with my best friend. Her name is Taylor, and you see, your mummy used to live there when she was little.” I told him.

The thought processed in his mind “When are you going back?”

“The day after tomorrow.”  I said. I really didn’t want to go back, this trip was one filled with a lot of emotions to say the least.

Jacob let out a sigh at the same time I did, which sent us both into giggles.

“Where’s your daddy?” He asked me, his big green eyes so innocent.

“Not here, he left some time ago, and he found another women who makes him happy.” I said trying to simplify it for him.

“Oh” Jacob said, though I could tell he didn’t quite understand. “Do you miss him?”

“I used to a lot, but now, I realized that I don’t really need him that much because I have an amazing mum, an awesome Aunt, a swaggie little cousin, and superior friends.” I told the little guy.

He gave me a small smile before jumping off the bed.

“Where are you going little guy?” I asked him.

“I’m hungry.”

“Let’s go get some ice cream.” I said hoping of my bed.

“For breakfast?”

“Why not?” “I laughed. “Go on downstairs, I’m going to change and things, I’ll be right down.”

“Okay!” Jacob said before exiting my room.

Jacob laughed as I threw him onto my shoulders. His arms held onto my head for the dear life of him as I held his legs. I laughed as I looked around. For the first day since I’ve been in LA, the weather was nice. It was actually kind of hot even, which was weird because it was raining the day before yesterday. I was still trying to figure this weather out. I kind of remembered the way to the ice cream shop Niall and I visited a while back, and I was planning to spend the day with Jacob. Mum and Jessie were still asleep when I took Jacob out of the house, so I left them a note saying Jacob and I were going to go out for a bit and do whatever he wanted.

First things first, we needed to get ice cream. The directions to that little ice cream shop with the old lady was a bit fuzzy, but I’m pretty sure it was around the corner from where Jacob and I were now.

After a couple of minutes, I was standing in front of the cute little ice cream parlor with a smile on my face. I peered through the window to see that there no one was in the shop, but the little sign said ‘open’. I took Jacob off my shoulders and held his tiny hand in my bigger one before opening the door and stepping in.

I saw this girl around my age sitting on the counter drinking a cup of coffee. Her blonde hair was up in a bun on top of her head and her crystal clear blue eyes scanned a magazine. Her perfectly manicured nails tapped the table in a rhythm with her feet tapping the floor. Once she heard the door open, her face looked up us, a genuine smile on her face. She stood up and walked over to the counter, her eyes friendly.

“Hey guys, how are you?” She chirped looking down at Jacob.

“We’re fine, thanks for asking, and you?” I asked trying to sound polite.

“Great, and thank you for asking. What would you like this morning? The weathers clearing up so it would be perfect for ice cream.” She told us.

“That is perfect, I would like chocolate, what about you Jacob?” I asked turning towards him.

He shook his head eagerly “Yeah chocolate.”

“Cone or cup? And what size?”

“Cup and large for both of them.” I smiled at her.

The girl laughed as she opened the freezer. “Oh, and I’m Avery.” She said sticking her hand out to shake mine. I shook her hand gratefully; she seemed like a nice person.

“I’m Valerie, and that’s Jacob.” I told her with a smile.

“Nice to meet you guys, ever been here before?” She asked us as she scooped the ice cream into the cups.

“Once before yes, but it was someone else who worked here.” I told her.

The girl scrunched her eyebrows in confusion “But no one has worked here in a long- OH! You must be talking about Nana!”

“She was very nice lady, and I may just adopt her to be my grandma.” I laughed.

“Where you the girl who was with Niall Horan? My mom went crazy about you two she kept going on and on how you two are meant for each other!”

I chuckled slightly “Yup, that’s me.” I laughed.

She laughed before handing us our ice cream.

“How much?” I asked before pulling out my wallet.

“Oh no it’s fine.” Avery said shooing my wallet away.

“You and your Granny are exactly the same! You are going to take this money.” I laughed taking out a twenty.

“20 for ice cream?! I wouldn’t let you do that.” She said looking at me horrified.

“It’s a tip, a little something for being nice.” I said placing the money on the counter.

“Thank you.” She whispered.  “It’s people like you that keep this shop going.”

I held her hand in mine “What’s wrong?”

“It’s just this ice cream shop has been running in my family for quite a long time now. My grandma met her husband here. It holds so much to my family, and we don’t want to lose it because we can’t pay the bills. It’s people like you that are so darn generous and just thank you.” She said her voice low.

“It’s really nothing. I should get going but take care. Tell your grandma I said hi, and I’ll be coming back soon.”

“Bye.” Jacob said. I forgot he was even here!

“Bye!” Avery hollered after us. I took on last glance at the little ice cream shop before leaving it behind me.

Jake and I stepped into my mum’s house, throwing our finished ice cream cups into the trash.

“You guys didn’t bring me any?” Jessie asked a small frown on her lips.

“Sorry mommy.” Jacob said as I placed him on the counter. I went to the fridge to take out some milk and a cup, pouring in a generous amount before handing it off to Jacob.

“It’s ok.”  Jessie said letting out s long sigh before plopping her petite figure next to Jacob.

“So, Valerie, you going to tell me about this boy now?” Jessie asked.

I sighed shaking my head “It was nothing, Jessie.”

“Fine.” She grumbled.

After a couple of seconds she spoke again “It was Niall wasn’t it?”

I choked on some air, shaking my head. “You remember him?”

Jessie had met Niall once when she visited mum, dad and I in Ireland. When she visited, dad was still with us, so I was surprised that she remembered Niall.

“Of course, how could I forget the way you two looked at each other.” Jessie laughed. I shook my head, a smile on my lips.

“So are you going to tell me what happened?”

I was going to say something as mum walked into the kitchen.

“What’s up my little angels?” Mum asked.

“You’re daughter is being mean to me.” Jessie hollered.

“Lies! Jessie is peer pressuring me!”

“NO! She’s lying!” I screamed pointing towards Jessie.

“ENOUGH.” Mum scolded the both of us. Jessie and I snickered as we turned towards mum.

“So what are the plans for today?” Mum asked us.

“Beach!” Jacob piped in.

“Great idea!” I told him with a smile on my face.

“Okay so let’s-” Jessie was cut of by the ring of the doorbell.

We all stared at each other, none of use wanting to answer the door. After a couple of seconds I sighed “Okay, I’ll get it!”

I walked over to the main door, opening it. I stared back at Niall with his bags in hand. His hair was tousled, his blue eyes dull. The bags under his eyes showed he hadn’t been getting the best sleep lately.

“Sorry I didn’t call. Surprise?” He laughed. 

“Hey!” I said giving him a quick hug. I wanted to stay like that forever, to feel his warmth against my cold body.

“WHO IS IT?” I hear Jessie’s voice call from the kitchen.

“Jessie’s over?” He asked a smile on his lips.

“Yeah.” I laughed stepping aside so he could walk in.

“Oh well you look at that! How convenient, you were the topic of our conversation only moments before.” Jessie said. My cheeks went bright red, oh dear Lord, I already had my mum to embarrass me, and now Jessie too.

“Sorry for not calling before.” Niall said before giving Mum a hug.

“No problem.” Mum laughed “We are about to go to the beach so get ready quick!”

“Okay, I’ll be right back.” Niall said before turning around. He stopped to see Jacob and bent down to him.

“Look at you Jacob, all grown up.” He laughed before giving him a hug.

“I’m Niall.” Niall said shaking Jacob’s hand. Jacob shook his hand as well, but knit his eyebrows as if he was thinking about something.

“What’s running through your little mind?” Niall asked.

“You talk funny too.” Jacob stated which mad Niall laugh. His laughter made my heart flutter, making me want to hold him. Damn it Valerie, PULL IT TOGETHER!

“It’s your Christmas today.” Jessie said.

“And why is that?” Niall asked.

“Because Valerie is going to be wearing a bathing suit and she has an amazing body that you would want to-”

“JESISE!” I screamed slapping my hand over her mouth. She tried to struggle away, but I held her tight.

“Hurry and get ready.” I muttered to Niall.

He let out a low chuckle that practically gave sent me under cardiac arrest. Great, not for the next two day I will probably blush more then I have in my entire life.

~Author’s Note~

Yay a quick update for my friend becasue it's her birthday tomorrow :D. More trailers, anyone? :’( I would LOVE one!!!

Love, Mama Munchkin (okay I love saying that)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 355 18
Hi. I'm Audra Rayne. I live in Wolverhampton. You might not know me as... well, me. But You may be knowing Liam Payne (Obviously) from One Direction...
8K 164 20
NIALL: What in the world just happened? I choked at seeing this girl? And did a spit take when I actually got a good look at her? What the hell is...
17.6K 909 53
Really, you're just reading it at your own risk. The storyline is good but my writing is kinda cringey in half the chapters. The character cries almo...
722 28 28
Louis Tomlinson/ one direction Fan FIC *Warning: Violence and sex* To escape my old life for a few months, I decided to spend my summer holidays in L...