Lucy Potter: Harry's little s...

By Lizzy_FanficFan

The loyal, stubborn, kindhearted Lucy Potter had always been an odd girl to the rest of the world. Living wit... More

Intro
Chapter 1: The Start of a Legend
Chapter 2: (Birthday) issues
Chapter 3: A Letter to a Potter
Chapter 4: Secrets & giants
Chapter 5: Vaults & Robes
Chapter 6: The truth
Chapter 7: Saying goodbye
Chapter 8: New terrain
Chapter 9: Life changes
Chapter 10: A shocking turn of events
Chalter 11: Hey you
Chapter 12: Go on!
Chapter 14: Dursleys and strange turns
Chapter 15: Reunited
Chapter 16: A Merry Little Christmas
Chapter 17: Hardships bring frienships
Chapter 18: Reunions are the best parties
~YEAR 2 IS COMING!!!~
Chapter 1: Summer of Magic
Chapter 2: Happy birthday
Chapter 3: The Trouble with House Elfs
Chapter 4: Friends from the Start
Chapter 5: The letters
Chapter 6: The floo trip
Chapter 7: Summer's end
Chapter 8: Different ways
Chapter 9: First day's always the hardest
Chapter 10: Friends make life better
Chapter 11: The try-outs
FC's
Chapter 12: Trick or Treat!
Chapter 13: Life After Halloween
Chapter 14: Quidditch Disasters
Chapter 15: Hospital secrets
Chapter 16: Moonlight troubles
Chapter 17: The Dueling Club
Chapter 18: Distractions needed!
Chapter 19: Simply investigating!
Chapter 20: Happy Valentine
Chspter 21: Without that one friend
Chapter 22: The big reveal
Chapter 23: The basilisk's lair
Chapter 24: The Chamber of Secrets
Chapter 25: The Big Reveal pt. 2
Chapter 26: Power of Friendship
YEAR 3!!!
| year 3 | Chapter 1: Family is everything
| Year 3 | Chapter 2: The Great Escape
| Year 3 | Chapter 3: A place to stay
| Year 3 | Chapter 4: Summertime (Sadness)
| Year 3 | Chapter 5: Back to school
| Year 3 | Chapter 6: What're friends for, huh?
| Year 3 | Chapter 7: The whole teaching thing
| Year 3 | Chapter 8: Daddy Issues vs. Furry Little Problems
| Year 3 | Chapter 9: The hippogriff
| Year 3 | Chapter 10: The unprofessional teacher
| Year 3 | Chapter 11: Panic Room
| Year 3 | Chapter 12: The light in dark times
| Year 3 | Chapter 13: The match
| Year 3 | Chapter 14: Halloween & Co
| Year 3 | Chapter 15: The verdict
| Year 3 | Chapter 16: The History of Sirius Black
| Year 3 | Chapter 17: The horror of betrayal
| Year 3 | Chapter 18: The darker future
|Year 3 | Chapter 19: Drinks before doom

Chapter 13: Live with it

813 17 0
By Lizzy_FanficFan

Remus' POV:

I was just having quite a normal day, still recovering from some of the scars of last full moon, reading the Daily Prophet.

I sighed at some of the bad news, like the mystery around the break-in in Gringotts, which was all over the papers.

I was thinking of all the great time I had with Sirius, Peter and James.

Now, ten years later, one of them was in Azkaban for the murder of the other and the betrayal, which caused the murder of the other.

And then there was me, I was left with all of it, completely alone and broken, if I was being honest.

Sure, I sometimes got into contact with Minnie or Professor Dumbledore, but I mainly was lonely.

I tried to find jobs in the Muggle world, most involving silly office-jobs I didn't want to have.

I needed a way out, no matter how.

If it was someone to care for, or someone to talk to, to rely on, to confide in.

Someone who'd understand.

Suddenly, I heard an odd sound in the kitchen. I went there and saw an owl ticking its beak on the window impatiently, carrying a letter.

I frowned. I wasn't writing to anyone currently and people were way too busy with their own jobs to start contacting me spontaneously.

I opened the window and took the letter, noticing it was Minnie's owl and her handwriting on the address.

I opened it greadily, but with some nerves too. Why was she writing to me?

When I read it, I started feeling sick to the stomach. No.

It couldn't be...

I suddenly realised my knees had given in and I was on the ground, letter clutched in one hand, other over my mouth. I was breathing heavily, shocked.

"Not those Potters again..." the fact that I was still able to make a sort of sassy remark, would have made me and the rest smirk any day, but now, I was too devestated.

Something had happened to Lucy Lily Potter. James and Lily's yougest child. She'd been attacked by a werewolf.

And she got bitten. During a full moon.

This meant Lucy Potter would become a werewolf too, at the age of 10.

Flashbacks came back to me from when I got bitten, a little younger than Lucy was now.

And suddenly, something came to my mind.

Where was I last full moon? Can I remember everyting from the night?

I thought I could. I knew I could, almost with 100% certainty immediately.

It just still haunted me each time someone got turned, even when I knew there was one other werewolf who was still on the mission to kill and turn any wizard he could get.

Fenrir Greyback.

I read the rest of the letter. Minnie asked whether I would want to help her and the Potter kids through, given my experience.

I took out a feather and parchment and started writing.

Of course I would, they were my best friends' children and they needed me.

*~*

Lucy's POV:

While Professor McGonnagall left to go back to Hogwarts, Harry stayed for the night and no one seemed to have the energy to try to talk him out of it.

And in all honestly, even if I was always trying to be tough and cool, I was glad my brother was there with me.

I felt safer when he was around and I realised how much I'd really missed the boy.

Though we decided not to talk for too long after the healer left, due to me needing the rest to recover, I coildn't seem to fall asleep.

In some way, I was completely exhausted and worn out and I really wanted bitthing more than to fall into a long, good sleep, away from the Dursleys.

But for some reason, my body was too full of unknown energy. One I couldn't explain other than just having become a werewolf.

I just didn't know why, but I couldn't stay in bed, no matter how tired I really was and I got up.

I swayed a little from walking again. I was still too weak to walk for too long.

I regained balance and started walking atound, trying to lose some of the energy, to replace it with tiredness so I could sleep.

I heard voices outside, one of them I recognised as Professor McGonnagall's.

My curiosity got the better of me, as always, and I silently walked to the door, listening in.

My hearing had improved so much it scared me a bit.

"... She's just a girl!" McGonnagall said. "You can't just walk in there and talk about this!"

"We'll have to tell her one day, Minerva." A strange woman was there and a very old man with a long, white beard.

"She just found out she'll be a werewolf for the rest of her life!" Minerva McGonnagall said. "You need to give her time. She needs a break. It's not the most important thing for her right now..."

"But if she knows, maybe she can make sure about her brother," the other woman said. "If she's any more like Lily than Harry is, she needs to hear first!"

I frowned and tried moving closer, but than I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I jumped and turned around quickly. It was Harry.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "Is something wrong? You shouldn't be out of bed yet."

Apparantly, the adults had heard us, because the door was opened and the old man, Professor Mineeva McGonnagall and the other woman faced us.

"Professor Dumbledore, Professor McGonnagall!" Harry looked at them with a shocked face. "We weren't trying to... I wasn't..."

And then I realised: this Professor Dumbledore, the biggest wizard of all time, Hogwarts Headmaster.

"Harry, how are you doing?" Professor Dumbledore smiled at Harry kindly, but I could see some of it was a bit fake. He definitely thought we'd been eavesdropping.

"I'm fine sir, thamk you..."

"And you must be... Lucy Potter." I looked the man in the eyes, which were a piercing blue, with a kind of twinkle in them.

"Yes I am, Professor." I didn't stutter or mutter, but sounded clear and confident.

Much more confident than I was.

"I am Professor Dumbledore, Hogwarts headmaster..." he smiled down at me.

"I kinda figured sir," I answered. The man kept smiling kindly.

"And who are you?" It might have been a rude question by itself, but I said it with a light, genuine tone and the woman smiled.

"This is Madam Pomfrey," Harry introduced. "She's the school's healer. She's really good."

"Well thank you, Mr. Potter," she said to him. "I really appreciate the compliment."

"Now, why are you out of bed, Ms Potter?" Minerva looked at me. "You are not to be out of bed right now."

"I needed to walk. I couldn't sleep."

"That's because your body is still changing and adjusting," Madam Pomfrey informed.

"I thought it was something like that..."

Bsfore it could get any more awkward, I turned around and walked over to the bed, knowing all eyes were on me.

Harry followed, closing the door.

*~*

Harry's POV:

Relieved that Profsssor McGonnagall hadn't said anything about Lucy's eavesdropping, I closed the door and turned to Lucy, who was just lying back down.

"What were you doing?" I already knew what she'd been doing, but I asked anyway.

"I heard they were talkjng about me and I just got... curious or suspicious maybe..."

Lucy shrugged and turned around, not wanting to have this conversation with me.

I let it lie for the night, but put it in the back of my head. She really needed rest now.

After a few minutes, she seemed to be sleeping.

I thought about this Hogwarts year. The troll and the Quidditch game. I just knew there was more to come. I could feel it.

It was nice to finally be away from it all for a night. Away from the fame, the stares, the people, the hate and everyone I didn't know.

To finally be around family again.

I couldn't tell anyone about this, including Ron and Hermione. It was too risky, especially because Lucy was famous too.

She would get enough attention next year as it was, without the whole werewolf-thing getting out.

The Dursleys were a different story though, the adults would probably plan to write to them about the incident, but Lucy was right: they wouldn't take it into consideration when they wanted to punish her.

This was gonna be so hard, so risky, but we had no choice.

We just had to live with it.

_____________________________________________

A/N:

Hi, so we got a suspicious conversation there...

And REMUS LUPIN I needed to put him in. Also, this was the last chapter in the hospital I guess.

Hope you enjoyed!

Comment, like, vote etc.

Love y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.9K 2.3K 44
"Nothing can change the way I feel about you, do you not get this?" I raised my voice and the tears were starting to flow. Harry closed his eyes in f...
635K 32.6K 100
Julie Stone was a regular girl; she lived in an orphanage, had some friends, and every now and then would bang her head against the wall due to stres...
572K 16.5K 22
On a fateful mission gone wrong, Auror Draco Malfoy gets mauled by a werewolf in an attempt to save his partner's life. When they rush him into St. M...
70.9K 2.1K 53
"Be a good girl and listen" his voice was cold yet demanding and dominate "Y-Yes" I felt my breath hitch as I suddenly felt small Her name is Syden...