Multiple Anime reacts to COTE

Af shadowmonarch325

As I said , quintessential quintuplets, Oregairu, Kaguya sama: Love is war, Hyouka, Rascal does not dream of... Mere

Prologue
1. ANHS: The school of your dreams
2. Introduction and shopping
4. Two-faced bitch
5. Manabu vs Kiyo
6. What it means to be human
New story
Spoilers for yr 2 vol 7
7. Rankings
8. Buying the test papers
9. Saving the dog.
10. Love master
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 1
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 2
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 3
Yr 2 vol 7 illustrations 4
11. Saving Sakura
12. Horrible Human
13. Dragon boy vs Horikita verbal fight
14. Chabashira's blackmail
15. Tool Monologue
16. The end of the yr 1 island exam
17. Icarus
18. Karuizawa Kei's Soliloquy
19. Another exam?

3. Classroom of the elite

14.8K 375 463
Af shadowmonarch325

Ez: "This somewhat tells you Ayanokouji's mindset." 'Partial though.'

Hayasaka: "His mindset?"

Haruno: "It sure gonna be interesting."

Around one pm, I made my way back to the dormitory, my home from that day onward. At the reception desk, I received a keycard for Room 401 and a handbook containing information about the dorm's rules, then boarded the elevator. I quickly flipped through the handbook, which only detailed the most basic things that we needed for our daily routines. The dates and times for garbage disposal were listed, as well as a notice about avoiding excessive noise. I also saw notes about not wasting water or electricity, and so on.

"So, they don't place restrictions on electricity or gas usage?"
I'd assumed that the school would deduct the cost from our points. This school really went to great lengths to have a perfect system for its students. However, I was a little surprised that they'd implemented co-ed dormitories. After all, this was a high school, so the rules stated that unsuitable romantic relationships were frowned upon. In short, sex was strictly forbidden...obviously. I mean, a member of the clergy wouldn't say that engaging in illicit sexual activity was okay.

Ichika: "Ummm... he doesn't need to tell all of that."

Every girl nodded while completely embarrassed.

Oreki: 'He is analyzing everything. Every single thing.'

While I privately doubted that such pampered students could develop into fine, upstanding adults, it would be wise to make the best of the situation for now. My room was about eight tatami mats wide. Also, though this was a dorm, it was the first time I'd lived alone. I refused to have any contact with the outside world until graduation. Considering my situation, I unintentionally cracked a smile.

Ishigami who just woke after being K.O'ed by Chika: "Is he really smiling?"

Yukino: "It's not that visible but it's a small smile."

Hayasaka: 'He looks so cute." Starts taking pictures.

Nino, Ichika, Kei Shirogane, Iroha, Shiranui, Onodera, The stepmother of Kiyotaka,Chika, and even Miura starts taking pictures as well

Haruno and Hiratsuka took a sneak shot.

This school boasted a high employment rate upon graduation, and its facilities and student services were unmatched throughout the country, making it the preeminent high school in Japan. I found such things trivial, however. I'd chosen this school for one fundamental reason.

At this high school, people were not allowed to contact students without permission, even if they were friends or immediate family. I greatly appreciated that. I was free. In English, they would call it, "freedom." In French, they would call it, "liberté.

All: Eh?"

Hiratsuka: " So he might have some parental issues, then?"

Miyuki: "But to the point where he is that desperate means..."

Hachiman: "Abusive parents."

Ishigami: "Or is he the reincarnation of Eren Yeager?"

Iino: "Stop it Ishigami. Keep your fantasies to yourself."

Maruo: 'Oh, you don't know how cruel Ayanokouji-sensei is... He is the most powerful yet most cruel person I've ever met in my life.'

Hiratsuka: "You kids should take some notes on this"

They nodded and wrote

Note 5: Ayanokouji's parents may be abusive

Isn't freedom simply the best? When I wanted to eat something, I could eat it. I almost didn't want to graduate. Before being accepted, I'd honestly thought I would be been fine either way, that the difference between passing and failing would have been trivial. But my true feelings finally welled up. I was glad to have been admitted here.
No one else's eyes or words would ever reach me. I could start ag—no. I could begin anew entirely.

A new life. I resolved to enjoy my time here to the fullest, but without drawing "attention to myself. Still, in my uniform, I dived into my already-made bed. I felt far from tired, however. I was so incredibly excited about my new life that I was unable to calm down. My eyes remained wide open.

Kaguya: "Draw attention to himself."

Sakuta: "It could mean 2 things, Ayanokouji is exceptionally talented or he is just worst at everything ."

A/N: Alright. I'm going to skip to the revelation.

Satoshi: "I can't believe that Koenji has some monstrous speed in swimming."

Kaguya: "He is talented but narcissistic."

Hayasaka: "Ayanokouji-kun's body is well developed." She was looking at Kiyotaka's body on her phone.

Miura: "I'm surprised how he hid it."

Iino: "He must have some exceptional stealth skills."

Hachiman: "His body is perfectly developed. Not skinny, not buff. But a toned body."

Osaragi: "We should also curse that bastard Ike."

Nino: "That bastard should die."

Chika: "I can't believe my boy is comparing that bastard to a dog. "

Yui: "Dogs are far better than that bastard."

Onodera: "How the hell did that perverted bastard enter an elite school?"

Mai: "I wanna kill that bastard."

Sakuta: "I think Kushida is a phoney."

Hachiman: "I agree."

Oreki: "Me too. She is way too nice, and only for Horikita. She didn't even notice loners like Ayanokouji."

Ichika: "Is she interested in Horikita-san?"

Oreki: "I don't think so."

Yotsuba: "Eh? How can you say that, Oreki-san? She is nice."

Chitanda: "I also think Kushida-san is a nice person."

Ishigami: "They'll show it in the future anyway. Let's watch it."

Hayama: "I think he should stop hanging with them."

Haruno: "And in that test. What did he mean by he will do the same as entrance exam?"

Miyuki: "That's a mystery."

Itsuki: "Ayanokouji-kun himself is a mystery"

On May 1, the morning bell rang for our very first day of class. Soon afterward, Chiyabashira-sensei strode into the room, holding a rolled-up poster. Her expression today was even more stern than usual. Had she started menopause, I wondered? If I made that joke out loud, I think she would have swung an iron bat at my face with full force

Tobe: "Pfft—"

Mai chuckled and said: "Ayanokouji-kun is funny in his inner thoughts."

"Hey, sensei, did you start menopause or something?"

Unbelievably, Ike actually let that joke fly. Honestly, it was more shocking than I'd thought the same thing as Ike.

Everyone facepalmed

Yukino: "Thinking that in mind and saying it loud is way too different."

Hiratsuka: "If I'm in Chabashira's place, I would've beaten the crap out of that idiot."

Hachiman shuddered.

Ishigami: "I don't know what to say. Is Ike so stupid or has balls of steel?"

Miyuki: "I'd say former."

Everyone: "Same."

"All right, your morning homeroom is about to begin. Before we get started, does anyone have any questions? If so, now is the time to speak."

Chiyabashira-sensei completely ignored Ike's sexual harassment. She appeared totally convinced that the students had questions they wanted to be answered. Immediately, several students raised their hands.

"Um, I checked my point balance this morning, but I didn't see any deposits. Points are given on the first day of every month, aren't they? I couldn't buy juice this morning."

Yui: "Is there any problem?"

Hachiman: "Oreki, is your theory being confirmed?"

Oreki: "I think so."He smirked a little

"Hondou, I already explained this before, didn't I? Points are deposited on the first day of the month. I've confirmed that points were wired this month without any issues."

"Um, but...nothing was deposited into my account, though."

Hondou and Yamauchi exchanged glances. Ike appeared too shocked to notice them looking at each other. I'd checked my point balance that morning as well but saw that it had remained unchanged from the day before.

No more points had been deposited into my account. I'd simply thought that the points would be wired later.

"Are you kids really that dumb?" Was she angry or delighted? I was getting an ominous vibe from Chiyabashira-sensei.

Fuutarou: "That's a total 180."

"Dumb? What?"

As Hondou stupidly repeated her words, Chiyabashira-sensei looked at him sharply.

"Sit down, Hondou. I'll explain once more," she said.

"S-Sae-chan-sensei?"

Hondou, taken aback by her unusually strict tone, slumped in his seat.

"Points were deposited. That much I know for certain. There is absolutely no chance that we forgot about anyone in this class. To think so is ludicrous. Understood?"

"Well, even if I tell you that we understand, we haven't received any points..."

Hondou, still perplexed, began to look dissatisfied. Supposing that what Chiyabashira-sensei said was true and that points had been wired to us, then that meant... Had there been a discrepancy, then? Did that mean that zero points had been deposited into our accounts? My vague doubts quickly grew.

"Ha haha! I see. So, it's like that then, teacher? I think I've solved the mystery," Kouenji boomed, laughing.

He propped his feet up on his desk and smugly pointed toward Hondou.

"It's simple. We're in Class D, so we didn't receive a single point."

"Huh? What are you talking about? They said that we'd get 100,000 points every month—"

"I don't remember hearing that, though. Do you?" Chuckling, Kouenji boldly pointed at Chiyabashira-sensei.

"While he certainly has an attitude problem, Kouenji is exactly right. For crying out loud, barely anyone seems to have noticed the hint I gave you. How deplorable."

Kaguya: "I see. This school is completely based on hierarchy."

Oreki: "That class is filled with defects. It doesn't matter academically."

In response to this sudden turn of events, the classroom exploded in an uproar.

"Sensei, may I please ask you a question? I'm afraid I still don't understand."

Hirata raised his hand. He appeared to ask on behalf of his classmates rather than out of selfish concern. Just as I'd expect of the de facto class leader. Even now, he took the initiative. "

Can you please tell us why we didn't receive any points? We won't completely understand otherwise."

That was certainly true.

"A total of ninety-eight absences and late arrivals. Three hundred ninety-one incidences of talking or using a cell phone in class. That is quite a few infractions over one month. In this school, your class's results are reflected in the points that you receive. As a result, you wasted all of the 100,000 points that you should have received. That's what happened."

"I should have explained this all to you on the day of the entrance ceremony. This school measures its students' true abilities. This time, you were evaluated as being worth nothing. That's all."

Fuutarou: "Oh my god! There are people dumber than you five." He looked at the quintuplets.

Quints: "HEY!"

Yui: "Even I know, we shouldn't do that in class."

Miyuki: "But to waste 100,000 in a month is..."

Kaguya: "Truly unbelievable." Kaguya also looked down. She always has 100,000 in her pocket and is worried that Miyuki might think she wastes her money.

Miyuki looks at her and understood her concern. He whispered to her: "Don't worry. You are not like them. You are better than them."

Kaguya looks happy and blushed: 'I love you, president.'

Chiyabashira-sensei spoke robotically, devoid of any emotion. The doubts I'd had since coming to this school were finally confirmed, though, in the worst way possible. Even though we'd started with the huge advantage of 100,000 points, Class D had lost it in just a single month.

Haruno: "These kids are true defectives."

Oreki: "Except Ayanokouji."

Hachiman: "Yeah. I feel like he knew about it."

Sakuta: "Same."

Ishigami: "Same here as well."

Everyone: 'Of course, these 4 would know.'

I heard a pencil moving against the paper. Horikita seemed to be tallying the number of absences, tardy arrivals, and talking in class down in her notebook, perhaps trying to make sense of the situation.

"Chiyabashira-sensei. I do not recall hearing you explain that to us before—"

"What? Are you incapable of understanding something unless it's explained in detail?"

"Of course. There was never any talk about reducing our points. Had that been explained beforehand, I'm sure we would have avoided being late or talking during class."

Chika: "That's just basic sense. Even I would know that."

Ishigami: "You and basic sense are completely opposite."

Chika: "Shut up! I have more popularity than you."

Sakuta: "You having more popularity in any universe is close to zero."

Chika: "Shut up dead eyes."

Hachiman: "Oi—"

Chika: "You too fish eyes."

Oreki: "Oi—"

Chika: "Piss off, third-rate self-proclaimed detective."

Hiratsuka: "You kids. Calm down. Hikigaya, Oreki, Azusagawa, and Ishigami. Stay in your seats."

They stopped before they were trying to get up and beat the crap out of Chika.

"That is a rather bizarre argument, Hirata. It is certainly true that I don't recall explaining the rules of point distribution. However, didn't you all learn in elementary school not to be late or talk in class? Was that not taught throughout your elementary and junior high schools?"

 "Well, that's—"

 "I'm sure that in nine years of compulsory education, you learned that being late and talking in class are bad things. And now you say that you can't understand this because I haven't explained it to you? I'm afraid your reasoning is flimsy. If you had simply acted properly, then your points would not have dropped all the way to zero. This comes down to you taking personal responsibility." 

There was no way for anyone to refute her perfectly sound argument. Everyone knew that bad behavior didn't pay. 

"Having just entered your first year of high school, did you honestly think you'd receive 100,000 points every month with no strings attached? At a school established by the Japanese government for the express purposes of training gifted people? That's unthinkable. Try using some common sense. Why would you leave it to chance?"

 Although Hirata appeared to be frustrated, he looked the teacher straight in the eye. "Well then, could you at least explain in detail how points are added or deducted? We can keep that in mind for future reference." 

Oreki: "Hirata's kindness has a deeper meaning."

Yukino whispered to Hachiman: "At least he isn't a fake like Hayama-kun."

He chuckled

Miyuki: "It seems like he is forcing himself to be kind and meddle with others."

"I cannot tell you. We cannot disclose the methods behind our student evaluation. It's the same as any other organization. When you enter a company, it is the company's choice whether or not to tell you how it evaluates its employees. However, I'm not cruel, and I'm not trying to be cold. In fact, this situation is so pathetic that I will give you one bit of guidance. "

For the first time, I saw a faint sliver of a smile on Chiyabashira-sensei's lips.

 "Let's say that you stop being late to class and have no more absences... Even though zero points will be deducted from you this month, that doesn't mean that your points will increase, either. That means next month you will still receive zero points. From another perspective, you could say no matter how times you're late or absent to class, it doesn't matter. So, you're not really at a loss, are you?" 

"Tch..." Hirata's expression darkened. Her explanation was so counterproductive that it had the opposite effect; some students seemed incapable of understanding what she meant. The students who thought they could improve their situation by remedying bad behavior had their hopes dashed. That was probably Chiyabashira-sensei's, or rather, this school's, intention. 

The bell rang, signaling the end of homeroom.

"It looks like we spent too much time yammering. I hope that you understood the gist of it. Well, it's about time that we switch to our main topic." 

From the tube she carried, she removed a white rolled-up poster and spread it out. She stuck the poster to the blackboard with some magnets. The still-confused students stared blankly at the poster. 

"Are these...the results for each class?" Horikita tentatively took a guess. She was probably right. Class A through Class D were listed. To the side was a row of numbers that went up to a maximum of four digits. Class D had zero. Class C had 490. Class B had 650. And at the top was Class A, with a total of 940. In this case, 1000 points would mean 100,000 yen, wouldn't it? Every class had apparently lost points.

Sathoshi: "Wait! Class A lost only 60 points."

Kaguya: "It seems that they are rather precise about the school's system or they have a magnificent leader."

"Isn't something about this odd?"

 "Yeah. The numbers look too even."

 Horikita and I had both noticed something strange. 

"You've all been doing whatever you pleased this past month. The school has no intention of preventing you from doing what you want. Your actions, such as being late or talking during class, only affect the points you receive. The same goes for how you use your points. How you choose to spend is entirely up to you. We have not put any restrictions on point usage." 

"This isn't fair, though! We can't enjoy our student lives like this!" shouted Ike, who'd stayed quiet until now. 

Yamauchi wailed in incredible agony. He'd already used up all of his points... 

Fuutarou: "Welp! That's what we get for wasting that much money."

Miyuki: "Wasting money on buying some useless things is too nescient."

Miura: "I'm sure those 2 idiots must have wasted everything on porn and video games."

Miku: "They are the trash of society."

"Look here, morons. Every other class got points. The amount of points we gave you for the first month should be plenty for you to live on." 

"B-but, how do the other classes still have points left? That's weird..." 

"I've already told you, there's nothing unfair about it. All of the classes were scored using the same rules. Despite that, they didn't lose as many as you. That's the truth." 

"But...why is there such a difference in our point values?"

 Hirata also seemed to have noticed that the numbers were too tidy. 

"Do you finally understand now? Do you see why you were placed in Class D?" 

"The reason why we were placed in Class D? Weren't we simply accepted into this school?"

 "Huh? But classes are normally divided up like this, right?" 

Students exchanged glances.

"In this school, students are sorted by their level of excellence. The superior students are sorted into Class A, the least capable in Class D. It's the same system you'd find in the major cram schools. In other words, Class D is akin to the last bastion for failures. You are the worst of the worst. You're defective. This is just the result of you being defective."

 Horikita's face stiffened. She appeared shocked by this line of reasoning. It certainly made sense to sort the superior students from the other superior students and the failures with the failures. If you mixed rotten oranges with good ones, the rotten would quickly spoil the good. Inevitably, the superior Horikita would find this revolting.

Mayaka: "HAHAHA. Look at her face."

Hiratsuka: "It seems that academics aren't the only part here."

Oreki: "So they choose students by their merit."

Iroha: "Umm... like what?"

Hachiman: "Everything that should be useful to the society."

Raiha: "Moreover, Onii-chan. I'm thirsty."

Itsuki: "I'm hungry as well."

Ez: "Let me clear the problem."

Ez snapped his fingers then drinks and burgers appeared.

I, on the other hand, was glad. This meant I couldn't go any lower.

"EH?"

Ichika: "Is he glad being in class-D."

Chitanda: "Ayanokouji-san is an enigma."

Yotsuba: "What is an enigma, Uesugi-san?"

Fuutarou: "A mysterious person."

"However, I have to say, this year's Class D was the first to ever spend all of their points in a single month. I am impressed by how much you indulged yourselves. Wonderful, just wonderful." 

Chiyabashira-sensei's false applause echoed throughout the classroom. 

"So, does that mean that once we reach zero points, we'll always stay there?" 

"Yes. You will remain at zero until you graduate. But don't worry, you can still have a room in the dorms and free meals. You won't die."

 Although we knew that it was possible to get 

Haruno: "Oh my. She's quite a sadist."

Hiratsuka: "I pity her for having such students."

"Won't the other classes make fun of us?"

 Sudou kicked the legs of his desk with a loud thwack. After hearing that the classes were divided based on merit, everyone else would probably believe that Class D was full of morons. Despair wasn't unreasonable. 

"What? You're still worried about your dignity, Sudou? Well then, work to make your class into the best one."

 "Huh?"

 "Your class's points aren't just linked to the amount of money that you receive each month. They're also indicative of your class rank."

 In other words...should we get to 500 points, then Class D would be promoted to Class C. This really did sound like a company performance review.

Miyuki: "This school is a mini-society."

Hiratsuka: "I can see how this school produces these elites."

Yotsuba: "But only one class gets all advantages is..."

Fuutarou: "Yotsuba, grow up. That is the cruel truth. We are not living in a shitty fairy tale. That's why I'm pressuring you guys to study so you can at least graduate from high school, then focus on your dreams."

The quints felt guilty. They always repelled Fuutarou's tutoring initially but never understood the meaning of it.

"Now then, I have one more bit of bad news to share with you all."

She stuck another sheet of paper up on the board. It listed the names of everyone in class. A number stood next to everyone's name.

"Judging from these, I can see that we've quite a few idiots in this class." As her heels clacked against the floor, she glanced at us. 

"These are the results of the short test you took a while ago. Your sensei was so happy after your excellent performance. Come on, what in the world did you all study when you were in junior high?"

Haruno: "Oh god!"

Hiratsuka: "They are this dumb!"

Hachiman: "They even surpass you in terms of dumbness, Yuigahama."

Yuigahama becomes embarrassed and chokes Hikki.

Ishigami: "Even I know those answers. Did they really pass junior high?"

Miyuki: "They probably cheated."

Itsuki: "Wait! Look at the scores once again."

They all listened to Itsuki and looked at the scores once again

Oreki: "Eh?"

Miura: "Ayanokouji Kiyotaka-50?"

Hikigaya: "He held back."

Sakuta: "It looks like it."

Kaguya: "But holding back in essay exams and getting accurate scores is an achievement itself."

Iroha: "We should write a note about this."

Hayasaka: 'He must be so smart.'

Note 6: "Ayanokouji holds back in tests."

Nino: "And how did that Koenji get 90 marks."

Haruno: "Yes. The last three were university level."

A/N: "I'm gonna skip a lot to calling Ayanokouji to the staff room."

"Ayanokouji-kun, from first-year Class D. Please come see Chiyabashira-sensei in the faculty office."Looks like the teacher wants to see you.""Yeah... Sorry, Kushida. Gotta go."

Iroha: "Did they find out?"

Zamiozuka: "Everyone. We now get to see the protagonist's talents. This anime is amazing."

Everyone: 'Can someone tell him this is not an anime.'

Ez: 'This guy is too dangerous. Gods were right! Otaku's are god slayers.'

I was sure I hadn't done anything to get me called to the office. Exiting the classroom, I could feel my classmates' stares drilling a hole into the back of my head. Timid as a rabbit, I found the faculty office and entered. I looked all around, but I didn't find Chiyabashira-sensei anywhere. Baffled, I called out to a teacher inspecting her appearance in a mirror.

Boys: 'Damn! She's hot.'

"Excuse me, is Chiyabashira-sensei here?"

 "Hmm? Sae-chan? Oh, she was just here a moment ago." 

The teacher had wavy, shoulder-length hair, which made her look mature. The way she said Chiyabashira-sensei's name made them sound close. They were near in age and probably friends. 

"She must have stepped away for a minute. Do you want to wait here?" 

"No, thank you. I'll wait in the hall."

 I didn't like being in the faculty office. I hated attention, so the hall would do just as well. However, the young teacher unexpectedly followed me. 

"I'm Hoshinomiya Chie, in charge of Class B. Sae and I have been best friends since high school. That's why we call each other Sae-chan and Chie-chan." 

That information seemed kind of superfluous.

Nino: "Doesn't it look like..."

Miku: "She's hitting on him."

"Hey, why did Sae-chan call you? Huh? Huh? Why?" she asked. 

"No idea." "I don't understand. You were called to the office without a reason? Hmm? What's your name?" 

An onslaught of questions. She scanned me from top to bottom, as if sizing me up. 

Hayama: "This is kinda uncomfortable."

Hayasaka: "I'm jealous."

Nino: "We all know his body is amazing, but she doesn't need to see that much."

Iroha: "Yeah."

"My name's Ayanokouji," I said. 

"Ayanokouji-kun, huh? Oh, wow, that's a cool name. You're pretty popular, aren't you?"

Miura: "If he smiles, he can be on Hirata's range... no he can surpass Hirata."

Hayama becomes jealous. He might not like Miura as a girl, but she's his trophy for his stand as an alpha.

Slowly Miura is also becoming a fan of Ayanogod.

 I tried to seem reluctant, but Hoshinomiya-sensei kept pushing herself onto me. She grabbed my arms with slender, delicate hands. 

"Hmm? How unexpected. If we were in the same class, I'd never leave you alone. Perhaps because you're so innocent? Or do you like playing hard to get?"

 She caressed my cheeks. I had no idea what to do. She'd probably stop if I licked her fingers, but I had a feeling that'd get me expelled.

Yukino: "Gross."

Yui: "She's way too friendly."

Hiratsuka: "It might be against rules. But for us single women hitting on a hot guy even if he's 16 is acceptable. " She sobs. "I empathize with Hoshinomiya, please someone... marry me." She cries to no one.

Everyone: 'Someone, marry her.'

"What are you doing, Hoshinomiya?" 

Chiyabashira-sensei appeared out of nowhere. With a loud thud, she smacked Hoshinomiya-sensei on the head with her clipboard. Hoshinomiya-sensei crouched and gripped her skull in apparent pain. 

"HAHAHAHA."

"Ouch! What was that for?" she cried. "For getting involved with one of my students." 

"I was only keeping him company while he waited for you, Sae-chan." 

"It would have been better if you just left him alone. Thanks for waiting, Ayanokouji. Let's go into the office."

 "The guidance office?" I asked. 

"Did I do something wrong? I've been trying to keep a low profile here." 

"A good answer. Come."

 While I wondered what this was all about, I followed Chiyabashira-sensei. Hoshinomiya-sensei remained by my side, smiling widely. Chiyabashira-sensei noticed and turned, her face much like a demon's. 

Everyone: 'She's really like a demon.'

Hachiman: "OH MY GOD!"

Everyone was startled by Hachiman's scream.

Yukino was concerned: "Hikigaya-kun, what's wrong?"

Hachiman: "Her gaze... she's like Hiratsuka-sensei. Is she your long-lost sister or what?"

A fist was driven through Hachiman's gut

Hiratsuka: "You damn brat. How dare you say that I look like a demon."

"You stay," she ordered. 

"Come on, don't be so cold! It won't be the end of the world if I listen, right? Besides Sae-chan, you're definitely not the type to give one-on-one guidance. Pulling a new student like Ayanokouji-kun into the guidance room out of nowhere... Are you after something, I wonder?"

Grinning, Hoshinomiya-sensei scooted behind me and placed her hands on my shoulders. I sensed a storm brewing. 

"So, Sae-chan, are you looking to be dominated by a younger man?"

Everyone, even Maruo spit their drinks and started choking.

Hayasaka: "Wait... I-is it really gonna happen."

Iino: "That's despicable. A student having an affair with a teacher is—"

Ishigami: "Whoa, hold your brakes. It didn't happen yet."

Dominated by a younger man? What did that mean? 

"EH?"

Onodera: "H-he is that innocent?"

Iroha: "Seriously?"

Chika: "My baby boy is so pure."

Nino: "Is he for real."

Maruo: 'Considering his past. It's obvious that he is oblivious to it.'

"Don't say such stupid things. That wouldn't be possible." 

"Hee, you're certainly right. It wouldn't be possible for you, Sae-chan," 

Hoshinomiya-sensei muttered, her words laced with a double meaning. 

"Why are you following us? This is a Class D matter." 

"Huh? I can't go to the guidance room? That's not okay? Come on, I can give advice, too." 

As Hoshinomiya-sensei continued to follow, a female student came up to us, a beautiful girl with light-pink hair. I'd never seen her before. 

Oreki: "I won't be surprised anymore. This school is filled with beautiful women."

Chitanda pouts.

"Hoshinomiya-sensei, do you have a moment? The student council wishes to discuss something with you." 

She glanced at me, but quickly returned her attention to Hoshinomiya-sensei. 

"All right, you have someone who needs you. Get to it." Slap! Chiyabashira-sensei smacked Hoshinomiya-sensei on the butt with her clipboard. 

"Aw! She'll get mad at me if I hang around any longer. See you later, Ayanokouji-kun! All right, Ichinose-san. Let's go to the faculty office." 

With that, she turned on her heel and left with the beautiful Ichinose. Chiyabashira-sensei lightly scratched her head while she watched Hoshinomiya-sensei leave. Soon after, we entered the guidance room, which stood beside the faculty office. 

"So. Why did you call me here?" I asked. 

"Well, about that... Before we begin, please come here." 

She briefly glanced at a clock hanging on the wall, which gave the time as nine o'clock and opened the door. Inside was a small office kitchenette. She placed a kettle on top of a stove. 

"I'm going to make tea. Is roasted green okay?" she asked. I picked up the container with the tea powder. 

"Don't make any unnecessary moves. Shut up and get in here. Understand? Don't make a sound and stay until I tell you it's okay to come out. If you don't do as I say, you'll be expelled," she said. 

Miku: "She's blackmailing him."

Hiratsuka: "It's deplorable for a teacher to blackmail a student."

Oreki: 'She needs him for something. Maybe she knows about him?'

Maruo: 'Sensei won't be happy if he knows she is blackmailing his masterpiece.'

"Huh? What do you mean by—" She closed the door to the kitchenette without explanation, leaving me in there. What in the world was she scheming? I did as I was told and waited. Soon after, I heard the outer door to the guidance room open. 

"Ah, come in. So, what did you want to talk to me about, Horikita?" 

"HORIKITA?"

Mai: "Why is she there?"

Sakuta: "Considering her arrogance, she wants to question her placing."

"Apparently Horikita was in need of guidance. "I will be frank. Why was I sorted into Class D?" 

"That's quite frank." "Today, you told us that the school sorted superior students into Class A. You said that Class D was filled with the leftovers, the last bastion of delinquents." 

"That's true. You must consider yourself to be a superior person." 

Miyuki: "Her pride is so intense."

Ishigami: "What a bitch!"

Kaguya: "Ishigami-kun!"

Ishigami: "Senpai, what I said is true. If you think I'm wrong, please touch your heart and say it to me."

Nobody did it, because they know Ishigami is right.

Chika: "I hate to admit it, but Ishigami-kun is right."

I wondered how Horikita would respond. I'd bet she'd confidently object. 

"I solved nearly every problem on the entrance examination. I made no substantial mistakes in the interview, either. At the very least, I shouldn't have been sorted into Class D."

 Looks like I would have won that bet. Horikita was definitely the type to think of herself as superior. She wasn't excessively self-conscious, either. She'd tied for first place on the test, as shown in the morning's results.

 "You solved nearly all of the problems on the entrance examination, hmm? Normally I couldn't show the examination results to individual students, but I'll make an exception in this case. I just so happen to have your answer sheet here." 

 "I'm an instructor. I understand the mind of a student, at least to some degree, Horikita Suzune. Just as you said, you did well on the entrance examination. You had the third-highest test score among the first-year students and were close to the highest- and second-highest-scoring students. You did exceedingly well. And you're right: We found no particular problems in your interview. On the contrary, we evaluated you quite highly." 

"Thank you very much. So then...why?" 

"Before I answer, why are you dissatisfied with Class D?" 

"Who could be happy with an incorrect evaluation? Furthermore, the class rankings greatly impact our future prospects. Of course, I'm dissatisfied." 

"Incorrect evaluation? Perhaps your self-evaluation is far too high." Chiyabashira-sensei snickered, or rather, laughed outright. "I acknowledge that your academic ability is excellent. You're certainly very smart. However, who decided that smart people are categorically superior? We never said that." 

"But...that's just common sense." 

"Common sense? Didn't common sense create our current, flawed society? Before, Japan relied solely on test scores to separate the superior and inferior. As a result, the incompetents at the top tried desperately to kick down the truly superior students. In the end, we settled on a system of hereditary succession." 

A system of hereditary succession meant that things like social standing, prestige, and employment were passed down to future generations. At those words, I groaned unintentionally. My chest hurt.

Yotsuba: "Is something wrong with Ayanokouji-san's heart?"

Nino: "Moreover his poker mask isn't cracking."

"You're a capable student. I don't deny that. However, this school's goal is to produce superior people. If you believe academics alone place you into a higher class, you are mistaken. That was the very first thing we explained to you. Besides, think rationally. Would we have admitted someone like Sudou if we decided superiority based solely on academic merit?" 

"Tch..." 

Despite the fact that this was one of the country's leading preparatory schools, this place allowed students to enroll for purposes other than academics. 

"Furthermore, you may be too hasty in proclaiming that no one would be happy to be incorrectly evaluated. Take Class A, for instance. They are under incredible pressure from the school, and also the target of extreme envy from the lower classes. Competing every day with that kind of pressure bearing down upon you is far more difficult than you might imagine. There are some students who are happy to be incorrectly evaluated at a lower level." 

"You're joking, right? I can't understand such a person." 

"Is that so? I think that Class D boasts some of those people. Strange students who would happily be set at a low level." 

It was almost as if she were talking to me.

Oreki: "Cracked it."

Hachiman: "It proves he is holding back."

Sakuta: "But we don't know how much."

Ishigami: "In the manga, he is like an OP MC who holds back a lot. To be frank, it looks like Ayanokouji is an OP version of us."

The loners nodded. They were not jealous, but glad that even loners can be OP Mc. Not that it means these 4 aren't intelligent and chads.

"You still haven't given me an explanation. Was I honestly sorted into Class D? Did anything go wrong with the grading? Please double-check," Horikita said. 

"I'm sorry, but you weren't sorted by mistake. You are definitely in Class D. You are at that level." 

"Is that so? Then I will ask the school again, at another time." 

Apparently, she wasn't going to give up. Horikita had merely determined that her homeroom teacher was the wrong person to ask. 

"You'll get the same answer from anyone in a higher position. Besides, there's no need to be disappointed. As I told you this morning, it's possible for one class to overtake another. You could conceivably reach Class A before you graduate." 

"I can't imagine it will be easy, though. Forget overtaking Class A; how in the world could those immature Class D misfits gain more points? I can't see how it's possible."

 Horikita spoke the truth. The difference in points was overwhelming. 

"I don't know. You alone get to decide how you head down that path. At any rate, Horikita, do you need to be in Class A for any special reason?"

 "Well...I suppose that's enough for now. Excuse me. But know that I'm not yet convinced I was sorted correctly." "Understood. I will keep that in mind."

 A chair squeaked against the floor, signaling that the discussion was over. 

"Oh, that reminds me. I've summoned another person to the guidance room. It's someone relevant to you." 

"Relevant to me? No, you can't mean... bro—" 

"Come on out, Ayanokouji," the teacher said. This was a bad time to reveal me. Maybe I just wouldn't go. 

"If you don't come out, I'll have you expelled." Jeez. A teacher shouldn't casually wield expulsion like a weapon.

Haruno: "Exactly."

Some of them were enraged at Chabashira.

"How long do you intend to keep me waiting?"

 With a sigh, I entered the room. Naturally, Horikita appeared surprised and perplexed. 

"Were you listening to our conversation?" she asked me. 

"Listening? I know you guys were talking, but I didn't really hear anything. The walls are surprisingly thick."

"HAHAHA."

Ichika while chuckling: "Is he being sarcastic or a bad liar?"

"That's not true. Voices carry pretty well into the kitchen." Apparently, Chiyabashira-sensei wanted to drag me into the action. 

"Sensei, why would you do this?" Horikita noticed that this had all been planned and was clearly angry.

"Because I deemed it necessary. Now then, Ayanokouji, I'll explain why I called you here." Chiyabashira-sensei dismissed Horikita's concerns and shifted her attention to me. 

"Well then, if you'll excuse me..." Horikita muttered. 

"Wait, Horikita. It would be in your best interest to stay and listen. It may provide you with a hint on how to reach Class A." Horikita stopped dead in her tracks and sat back down. 

"Please keep it brief," she said. 

Chiyabashira-sensei chuckled as she glanced over her clipboard. "You're an interesting student, Ayanokouji.

"Not at all. I'm certainly not as interesting as a teacher with a strange surname like Chiyabashira."

"PFFt—"

They all were trying to hold their laugh

"Would you speak like that to every Chiyabashira in the nation? Hmm?" If you looked all over the country for another person with the surname of Chiyabashira, you probably wouldn't find one. " 

"BWAHAHAHA."

All of them were laughing.

Shiranui while wiping her tears: "Ayanokouji-kun would surely be popular if he makes that kind of joke."

"Well, when I read over the entrance exam's results, your scores piqued my interest. I was shocked." On her clipboard, I saw a rather familiar answer sheet. 

"Fifty points in Japanese. Fifty points in mathematics. Fifty points in English. Fifty points in social studies. Fifty points in science. You even scored Fifty points on the recent short test. Do you know what this means?" 

The laughter died and was replaced by bewilderment.

Hiratsuka and Haruno looked perplexed

Kaguya, Miyuki, Yukino, Fuutarou, and Iino who were honor students look completely dumbfounded.

Fuutarou: "No way."

Miyuki: "I-is he that talented?"

Kaguya: "G-getting 50's in all exams especially in essay exams is practically not possible."

Yukino: "Just how talented is he?"

Hachiman: "Ez, tell me how clever Ayanokouji is."

Ez: "I'll be frank. He can defeat you all within a second." He said while pointing at the honor students.

They were amused yet frightened.

Ez: "I won't reveal everything. It will be shown in these videos."

"It's a coincidence. There's no evidence that it's not. Besides, what would I gain by manipulating my scores in the first place? If I were intelligent enough to achieve high marks, I would've tried to get perfect scores." 

As I feigned innocence, Chiyabashira-sensei sighed in exasperation. 

"You really do seem like an odious student. Listen. Only 3 percent of students solved the fifth math problem successfully. However, you solved it perfectly, and used a complex formula to do so. However, the tenth problem on the test had a completion rate of 76 percent. Did you make a mistake on it? Is that normal?" 

Hiratsuka: "No way."

Haruno: "How is this possible."

Fuutarou: "I don't remember that question being asked at the junior high or high school."

Yukino: "Me as well, Uesugi-kun."

Haruno: "Of course, you don't. That is a university-level question, which requires the Taylor series. It is so hard that even some professors can't solve it."

Hiratsuka: "Just who is this kid? How can he have this much talent and remain ignorant."

"I don't know what normal is. It was a coincidence, I tell you. A coincidence." 

Oreki: 'You don't know what normal is, huh?'

"For crying out loud! I respect your frank attitude, but it'll cause problems for you in the future," the teacher said. 

"I'll think about that when the time comes." Chiyabashira-sensei shot Horikita a glance that seemed to say, What do you think? "Why do you pretend not to know?" she asked. 

"Like I said, it was a coincidence. It's not like I'm hiding that I'm a genius or anything." "I wonder. He may be even more intelligent than you, Horikita." Horikita flinched. Please don't say anything unnecessary, Chiyabashira-sensei. "

I don't like studying, and I don't plan to try hard. That's why I get those scores." 

"BULLSHIT."

Iroha: "Like we'd believe that."

She pushed us into the hallway. Why had Chiyabashira-sensei called both of us in together? She didn't seem like the type to do meaningless things. 

"Well. Should we head back?" I asked. Horikita didn't respond, and I walked away. Probably best if we weren't together right now. 

"Wait." Horikita called out, but I didn't stop. If I managed to keep away from her until I got to the dorms, I'd be home free. 

"Was your score...really just a coincidence?" she asked. 

"I already said so, didn't I? Or do you have any proof that I got that score on purpose?" "I don't, but...I also don't understand, Ayanokouji-kun. You said that you like to avoid trouble, but you don't seem to be interested in Class A." 

"You have an extraordinary fixation on Class A." 

"Should I not? I'm simply striving to improve my future prospects."

 "Oh, absolutely. You should. It's perfectly natural." 

Zamiozuka: "Ohh, that's sarcasm."

"When I entered this school, I thought graduation was my only goal. But the reality is different. I'm not even at the starting line."

 Horikita sped up and started walking next to me. 

"So, why are you aiming for Class A?" "First, I want to ascertain this school's true motives. Why was I put into Class D? Chiyabashira-sensei said I'd been deemed a Class D student, but why? When I discover the answer, I'll aim for A. No, I will definitely make it to A." 

"That's going to be difficult. You'll have to rehabilitate the problem children. You have Sudou's continued tardiness and class cutting, everyone else talking in class, and, of course, the test scores. Even if you manage all of that, you're still at zero points." 

"I know that. I still think the school made a mistake with my placement."

Iroha: "Ugh. This bitch is annoying."

Mai: "Just how much she praises herself and looks down on everyone."

Mayaka: "She's so annoying. I want to slap her."

"I can understand your thoughts, but I don't think the school will continue supervising us so carefully. If they did, there'd be no meaning in competition," Horikita said. 

"I see. I suppose you could think that. So, you'll try to take care of this situation by yourself?" I asked. "Yes." "Don't act so proud." 

A hand chopped my side. Horikita ignored my pained expression. " 

Nino: "Now she's assaulting him."

Oreki: "Now I'm getting annoyed."

Satoshi: "Even Houtarou is getting annoyed.'

"I need your help, Ayanokouji-kun." 

"Help?" Horikita glared at me. 

"What if I refuse? Like how you refused Hirata this morning." 

"Do you want to refuse?" she asked. 

"What if I said I'd gladly help?" 

"I never would've thought you'd do it gladly, but I doubt you'd refuse. If you did refuse to work with me, then that would be the end of it. No matter what I said about our future, I'd be powerless if you refused. So, will you help me or not?" 

I wanted to say what she'd said before, when she'd silenced Hirata... What was it, again? Well, it wasn't as though I would just bluntly refuse someone who asked for my help. Then again, if I told her I would help, she'd probably run me into the ground until graduation. I needed the heart of a demon. 

"I refuse," I said.

"I always knew you'd help, Ayanokouji-kun. I'm grateful." 

"I didn't say that! I turned you down!" 

"No, I heard the voice inside your head. You said you'd help." 

Terrifying! It was like she could read my thoughts. 

"I don't even know how I could help you, though." Besides being an exemplary student, Horikita was incredibly quick-witted. She probably didn't need my skills. 

"Don't worry. I don't require your brain power, Ayanokouji-kun. Leave the planning to me, and act as I tell you." 

"Huh? What do you mean by act?" 

Hayasaka: "I want to slap that bitch."

Miura: "Me too."

Hiratsuka: "I would completely punch her if she's my student."

"Unfortunately, no one else in Class D is nearly as easy to manipulate as you." 

"No, there are several people. Hirata, for example. He's popular and smart, so he'd be perfect. Besides, he's worried that you're all alone, Horikita."

 If she reached out to him, they'd probably become good friends. 

"He's no good. Even if he has some talent and ability, I can't use him. To use an analogy, think about the pieces in shogi. Right now, I don't need a gold or silver general. I want a pawn." 

So, you just called me a pawn? That's what you called me?" 

Nino threw her can to the screen: "Fuck that bitch."

Hayasaka: "Just who the fuck she thinks she is?"

Kaguya: "Hayasaka has a crush on Ayanokouji-kun, huh?'

Yotsuba: "I'm getting angry with Horikita-san."

Fuutarou: "Wow, making Yotsuba angry is an accomplishment. Seriously! THAT BITCH IS CRAZY!"

Maruo: 'Control yourself, Maruo. Did she really call the demon king her pawn? Don't laugh.'

"So, if a pawn were to cooperate, he could become a gold general?" 

"An interesting answer, but you don't seem like the type to make that effort, Ayanokouji-kun. Besides, haven't you been thinking, 'I've always been a pawn, I don't want to advance,' all along?" 

She'd shot me down with precisely the right brand of ammunition. If I were a normal person, my feelings would've been hurt. 

"Sorry, but I can't help you. I'm not suitable for this," I said. "Well, contact me once you've given it some thought. I look forward to hearing from you." Horikita wasn't paying attention to what I'd said in the slightest.

Video ends

Ez: "Now to the next video."

Hachiman: "I'd like everyone to write a note about Horikita."

Everyone nodded and wrote 

Note 7: "Horikita is a fucking bitch."

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

CHAPTER 3 ENDS

SORRY FOR THE LATE CHAPTER. I WAS BUSY PREPARING FOR MY FINALS.

PLEASE VOTE

I HOPE YOU LIKE IT

PUBLISHED ON - 7 APRIL 2022

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

148K 4K 50
My first reaction fic based on my 1st fic. I'm just doing this for fun to ease my boredom. This reaction features mostly the COTE students as well as...
1.2K 76 19
Akaashi Keiji, a Junior University student with lots of problems, finally finds someone whom he will soon fall in love with. Someone that loves him m...
15.7K 325 6
Disclaimer:- * English is not my native Language *Classroom of the Elite does not belong to me.. *Its just a fanfiction, and all the characters of...
100K 2.2K 66
This story will start on volume 1 The title says it all it's Kiyo x Arisu. Their love is a slow paced but gradually increasing each time they meet...