MHA Shoto Todoroki X Reader O...

By the-writing-girl

A My Hero Academia oneshot collection filled with oneshots for everyone's favourite duelled haired guy, Shoto... More

Introduction
Just a Quick Something...
1: (y/n)'s Best Friend (Lemon)
2: Future Wife Part One
3: Future Wife Part Two
Quirks
Requests - Now Closed
4: The Box of 18+ (Lemon)
5: His Brother's Fan
6: Numb
7: Loving Every Inch (Lemon)
8: Mischief (Lemon)
9: Cramps
10: His Long Time Crush (Lemon)
11: You're Not Alone
12: The Winner Takes it All
13: Secrets
14: Speakerphone (Lemon)
15: Love is True
16: The Sweet Date Night
17: A Change in Career (Lemon)
18: A Surprise (Lemon)
19: A Drive (Lemon)
20: Reasons Why
21: The Boss (Lemon)
22: Nine Months
23: Dominance (Lemon)
24: Mistaken Assumptions
25: Double (Lemon)
26: Christmas Lights
27: Be Mine (Lemon)
28: An Invisible Illness
29: The Little Red Dress (Lemon)
30: The Calmer Bakugou
31: Valentines Gifts
33: Let's Run Away Together
34: Interruptions (Lemon)
35: The Siren
36: Angel
37: The Victim
38: Everything Happens for a Reason (Lemon)
39: End of School Pool Party
40: UA's Little Girl
41: Pregnancy
42: The Hen Party (Lemon)
43: Clueless (Lemon)
44: Love in Bloom
45: Competitive Partners (Lemon)
46: We're Forever Part One
47: We're Forever Part Two (Lemon)
48: Home Part One
49: Home Part Two (Lemon)
50: Through Thick and Thin
The End
Other Books

32: Miscommunication

4.1K 93 68
By the-writing-girl

Requested by: 

Quirk: Fairy

 It had been a long time since Shoto and I went on our last date. Final exams were approaching fast and I wasn't naturally academically gifted unlike him, so I was working day and night to try and get good scores. During the midterm exams I ended up with the lowest scores in the class, which knocked my confidence greatly as people already called me a ditz. I was determined to get a higher result, to prove to them and my family that I deserved to be at UA.

Recently Shoto had been having problems with his father again. Their relationship was on the 'okay' side for a few weeks, but now Shoto was irritated with him due to the fact Endeavour was determined to visit Rei in hospital, but Shoto was terrified it would send her into a downward spiral. He and Natsuo were fighting against Endeavour and Fuyumi about the situation, causing immense family tension, and because of this he had a short fuse.

I had noticed we had stopped spending as much alone time together as we used to, but I assumed that after the end of year exams I'd be free from studying and would therefore have more time to tend to him. I thought he knew that that would be the case, but arguments began to arise. "Shoto I'm not ignoring you, I just don't want to be at the bottom of the class again!" I tried to explain to him. "There's no need to be so uptight!"

"I'm not being uptight! You're the one who's been ignoring me and I want to know why!" He shouted.

"I've not been ignoring you!" I stood up, getting irritated. "I know there's a lot going on in your family right now, and I'm here for you whenever you need me, but I think perhaps you're not thinking straight-,"

"Whenever I need you, huh? Well what if I need you now!" Shoto asked.

"Then I'll be with you, I just need to finish this chapter- Shoto!" I called after him as he stormed out of my dorm room. "Shoto just hold on!"

"No, I'm fine on my own!" He shouted, his fists clenched. I watched him go, stepping into the conveniently open lift and punching in the button to his floor. I sighed deeply, feeling a little hurt as these small, petty arguments had been happening a lot recently. I slammed my door shut behind me, burying my forehead in my hands and hoping everything would be normal again tomorrow.

- Timeskip -

Two weeks later and nothing had changed. The arguments were more and more frequent, and I was hurt he didn't realise how much I was trying to improve myself. He didn't understand how desperate I was to get better academically, and I tried to help him emotionally but his father was applying more and more pressure onto him that he'd snap at the most random of times.

I just wanted us to be able to go back to the way we were, I wanted us to be able to sit down together and talk about what was going on without one of us getting irritated with the other. The thoughts and worries about my boyfriend were stacking up, but thankfully as I was hanging out with the girls downstairs one evening after school I was able to distract myself from them.

We decided to get together for a little girly time, it giving me break from schoolwork. Usually I'd go to Shoto, but he seemed extra sensitive today and I was scared to ask him why. I was glad I had my girls though, they were good friends and helped me in any situation which now involved distracting me from the awkwardness arising in my relationship.

- Todoroki's POV -

I missed holding and hugging her, and I knew why she was spending so much time studying. I knew she felt inferior to me because of her academic grades, but her talents laid elsewhere. Just because she wasn't academically gifted didn't mean I loved her any less, plus she was the best at combat training in the entire class perhaps aside from Ojiro but she couldn't see past the terrible grades she got in the mock exams.

I knew I had been short tempered with her recently, but my old man had been getting under my skin. Fuyumi had as well, suddenly being on dads side but Natsuo and I were firm - we wouldn't let him see mum until she was ready for it. The last thing we wanted was for her to spiral and end up having to spend another ten years in hospital.

Anger had consumed me from time to time and it was affecting my relationship with (y/n). I wanted to make it up to her but things had become so awkward between us for the first time since we started going out. It was difficult to concentrate and even find the right words to say, after all I had been the one to push her away without realising.

Usually whenever she was taking a break from studying or training she'd come to hang out with me, but today was different. I was jealous that she'd chosen to be with the girls over me, but I didn't want to come off as clingy so I simply dismissed it. I imagined they were in one of their rooms, gossiping about the class however as I made my way down to the common room I heard their voices.

Intrigued, I stopped to listen. I had apparently started eavesdropping halfway through their current conversation, but my ears perked a little when I heard Uraraka mention (y/n). "What about you (y/n), who would you pick?" She asked her.

"Oh I don't know... actually, I love Kiri so I'd probably pick him," she said sweetly and my stomach twisted. My breathing excelled dramatically as I felt a pain in my heart. She was my girlfriend yet she openly admitted to the girls that she was in love with somebody else? Someone who I considered a friend?

Feeling betrayed I stormed away, my heart hurting more than I thought it could. Angry tears came to my eyes, as I stomped up the stairs, entering my room and slamming the door behind me sharply. I gripped my hair tightly, one half of me wondering if what I had just heard was real or if my mind was playing tricks on me. I loved (y/n), I knew I had been pushing her away but I hadn't meant any of it and I wanted to make it up to her, but it was too late... she'd already fallen for someone else...

- A Few Minutes Earlier - - (y/n)'s POV -

"I'd probably pick Midoriya, I mean he's sweet and friendly but would be super protective when the right moment came along," Tsu said and all the girls nodded in agreement. We were busy discussing which boys out of the class we'd choose to have as a brother, as we judged how each would act in such a scenario. "Momo?"

"Hm... possibly Shoji? He's intimidating but sweet, after all he protected Tsuyu during the practical exam and was such a gentleman when I had to - er - undress to use my quirk. Yes, I think I'd choose Shoji," she analysed and Tsu nodded.

"That is true, he did look after me," Tsu added.

"What about you (y/n), who would you pick?" Ochaco asked and I felt a little flustered as attention turned to me.

"Oh I don't know... actually, I love Kiri so I'd probably pick him," I said as I thought about the redhead. In my opinion he was the most polite guy in our class and was constantly looking out for others. He'd look after you when you were feeling down and he'd always be supportive. He'd be protective but not suffocating. Suddenly Jirou who sat beside me made me jump as she whirled around, something having apparently caught her attention. I turned too but saw that there was no one there, but she was the one with the quirk that could pick up the sounds of anyone nearby. "Kyoka, are you okay?" I asked and she frowned.

"Yeah I- actually I don't know... (y/n) I think I just heard Todoroki," she said and my eyes widened. "I could hear his footsteps storming off..."

"Oh no..." I muttered, realising he probably heard what I had just said without knowing the context. "I need to go," I said quickly, knowing I needed to get this ironed out before it added anymore stress to him.

As quickly as I could I flew up the stairs until I finally reached his door, opening it up without even knocking. He was stood there, his hands clutching his hair desperately and I even spotted tears streaking down his face. He looked up at me quickly with a broken expression and I landed gently on the floor. "Why?" He whispered.

"Shoto, what you heard wasn't what you thought-,"

"You love someone else!" He shouted.

"No! I don't!" I attempted to defend myself.

"I know I've not been a good boyfriend recently, I know I've been difficult and I know I've let the stress of my father get to me but I didn't think I had pushed you away enough so that you'd fall in love with someone else," his voice sounded broken and it only hurt my heart.

"I haven't fallen in love with anyone else, I only love you!" I approached him quickly, cupping his cheeks but he pulled away from me.

"I heard you! You said that you loved Kirishima, plain as day! You didn't even hesitate! Fine, if you love him so much then go and be with him, leave me behind!"

"Shoto you're not listening!"

"Go and be with him, your new lover if you think he'll be a better boyfriend than me-,"

"SHUT UP!" I screamed and Shoto stopped his rambling. "Will you just shut up for one minute and let me explain myself?! Before you make horrid assumptions and accuse me of being in love with someone else?!" I shouted and judging by his silence he granted me my wish. "I am not in love with Kiri in the way I love you. The girls and I were talking about who we'd want to have as our brother. Kiri is one of my closest friends, hence why I said I would love it if Kiri was my brother," I said and a look of both relief and guilt appeared on my boyfriends expression.

"(y-y/n)," he stuttered but I decided I wasn't finished.

"You've been nothing but difficult lately! I know you have issues going on with your family at the moment but I love you and I'm here for you to talk to! And if you don't want to talk about it then I'm at least here to comfort you, how can you not understand that?! Okay, I'm sorry if I've been studying too much recently but I am at the bottom of the class and I want to prove that I deserve a place at this prestigious school dammit! So I am here for you whenever you need me but you have to understand that there is stress on my plate too! You can't freak out over every little thing and then shout about it afterwards!" I shouted, staring at him. He was silent for a moment before sighing in defeat.

"I'm sorry (y/n), I shouldn't of jumped to conclusions," he whispered, looking ashamed of himself. "And I'm... sorry for how I've been. I know I've been difficult it's just- it's been so hard for me recently and I didn't want to get you tangled up in my families mess. I know that sounds like I'm making an excuse but I just didn't want you to have to deal with my father."

I sighed at his reasoning, and I could see how conflicted he was. "I am here for you to vent to, I'm here to listen to your problems and to comfort you because I love you, how can you not realise that? And how can you think I had fallen in love with someone else?" I whispered and he shrugged.

"I know I've been difficult recently so I thought perhaps I'd- I'd gone to far and pushed you away to someone else..." he muttered.

"No Shoto, because despite everything that's happened I still love you, and I still want to be with you. That's why I'm here, because I want to sort things out between us," I whispered, approaching him and cupping his cheek.

"I'm sorry, I know you've been stressed too with studying," he said and I nodded. "I hope you know that no one cares if you're last in terms of exam scores."

"My parents do," I mumbled.

"Well screw your parents," Shoto said and I couldn't help but chuckle a little at his bluntness. "Sorry it's just- it's okay for your skills to lie elsewhere. I mean, you're the best at hand to hand combat, the only person in class who's beaten you is Ojiro," he added and I nodded. "I'm sorry though... for everything I've caused... I didn't mean to stress you out."

"I know you're sorry Shoto, I just need you to know that even if we argue I still love you. Please don't doubt my love for you," I whispered and for the first time in a long while I saw a smile play at his lips.

"I love you too, so much," he whispered, pulling me in for a sweet kiss which I happily reciprocated, it being the first kiss for a long while.

"Do you want to tell me what's on your mind?" I asked carefully once we pulled apart and he nodded. The two of us laid on his futon for the rest of the afternoon, me listening to him as he spoke about his concerns for his mother and me adding my opinions into the mix which he happily took. He then offered to help me study which I happily accepted, and finally our relationship was back to the loving and devoted relationship we once had.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 809 24
Decided to move the Villains to their own bookπŸ–€ Request Status: OpenπŸ’‘ I do not own Bnha, the characters nor artwork🀍 Update Speed: Extremely slow...
893K 11.4K 57
A My Hero Academia oneshot collection with UA's finest short-tempered boy, Katsuki Bakugou! Let's be honest, it's impossible not to love the angry Lo...
178K 4.4K 28
"Stop flirting with me" "Am not! I'm just wondering how these lips of yours would taste when I kiss you" -πš’πš— πš πš‘πš’πšŒπš‘ 𝚊 πšœπš’πš—πšπš•πšŽ 𝚍𝚊𝚍 πšŒπš›...
Hana By Kitty

Fanfiction

26.5K 1.2K 13
A broken Lance swears he will never love anyone again, pledging to a life of solitude. No one will ever be enough for him. What will happen when a st...