Devilish Detective ✅

Steph_AnnieL tarafından

Congratulations; you just made a deal with the devil! °°° A mysterious and handsome stranger walks newly into... Daha Fazla

A/N
I Can Also Juggle Knives
Talking To The Air Like A Simpleton
The Darkened Cloud of Misfortune Hanging Over My head
Is That What They Teach You In Catechism?
A Gift After The Death of a Bully is Never a Good Sign
I Feel Like A Modern Day Cinderella
Not Eating Really Brings Out My Sexy
As Flawed As your Last Science Project
Dig Your Talons Into Him And Make Fire Breathing Demon Babies
You Really Have to Stop Dropping Cakes When You See Me
I Am Not Nice. I Am The Devil
Have I Been Completely Erased From The Scripture
I Will Hurt You If You Push Me
She Looks Like She Saw A Ghost
Like A Tiger On An Antelope
Your Idiocy Fascinates Me
You Run Like A Noodle
It's Not A Pretty Sight
You're Just Making Up Words
Don't Be A Cat, Bells
Is She A Nephilim?
Humans Are So Pessimistic
I'm Going To Kill Her
I Am The Prince Of Hell
The Voice of a Dying Mantis
I'm Not Throwing Shades
You Have A Secret
I Would Have To Kill You First
The Cat Died A Noble Death
You're Too Pure For That
I Hurt You
Like A Vampire Angel
Sleep when You're Dead
Everyone Is A Suspect
Follow Trixie Like A Lap Dog
You're Just Another Insignificant Human
It's Both Adorable And Pathetic
Don't Act Like You Care
You Sent A Demon To Fetch Me
I Wasn't Negligent
It's Like The Freaking Birdbox
I Trust You
How Hypocritical Of You
She's Feisty
The Rainbow Looks Stupid
Something Terrible Happened
I'm Almost Proud Of You
She's Dead
Don't Be A Fool
Two Sides Of The Same Coin
Obedience Isn't That Hard
I'm Your Bloody Responsibility
It Was A Beautiful Night
I Don't Like You, Sam
That Man Is Scary
Wontons Sound Great
Interesting Turn Of Events
Lockers Don't Bite
Am I dying?
I'm Super Nervous
I Called In A Favour
Fun Facts About Devilish Detective
sequel?
A Potential Spin Off?

Leave Me The Hell Alone

80 16 22
Steph_AnnieL tarafından

Chapter Forty-Two: Leave Me The Hell Alone

~~~

With a deep sigh of frustration, I watch my friends leave me and I realize that if I am going to keep hanging out with the Devil, I will end up with zero friends. The guy just doesn't understand how emotions work.

"Your friends really have zero chill," Sam speaks up and I turn an incredulous stare to him.

He stands, his gloved palms in the pockets of his white jacket. As usual, he stands face, his face lacking an expression as he stares into the distance.

Feeling my stare, he turns his violet eyes to me and his lips stretch into a lazy smile which I am in no mood to reciprocate.

"Perhaps it's because people don't generally enjoy being accused of murder," I snap at him and he shrugs in response, as though my words make no sense to him.

"Well, if they are as innocent as they claim, when then are they upset?"

I stare incredulously at the Devil who claims to know the workings of the human mind. He cannot be so much of a simpleton that he doesn't understand why they are upset.

"You know what, Sam? Just leave me the Hell alone right now. Somehow, you've managed to make everything even worse for me. The guy I have feelings for won't talk to me, and now my friends hate me. You're a horrible company and an even worse friend."

My chest rises and fall heavily as I shout at him. I notice a handful of nosy students lurk around, taking in the drama, but I am in no mood to pay any heed to them.

Sam watches me, an undecipherable expression in those violet eyes. His lips are drawn into a straight line and he watches me as though I am somewhat of a specimen and it only adds to my anger.

What exactly is his problem? Would it kill him to show a little bit of emotions? Would he kill him to anything but a selfish asshole?

"Your relationship with Asher is ruined because you have refused to pick up your phone since the encounter and ask him how he's feeling. I cannot be blamed for your incompetence. I don't have any responsibility whatsoever to be nice to your friends, that is your job."

My lips part in shock at his ability to slither away from any form of blame.

"Perhaps the problem is the fact that you are a selfish friend who never takes her time to ask her friends how they are doing. The girls you call friends, do you even know anything about them? I bet you don't, and that's because you don't ask them questions about themselves. All you do is to talk about you."

The worst thing is the fact that he never raises his voice, still his words stab at me like sharpened weapons, causing hurt and discomfort.

Am I really a horrible friend? Have I really failed to listen to the needs of the people that are always super nice to me? Do I manage to make everything about myself?

No! He's trying to get into my head. He's trying to manipulate me!

"Enjoy the rest of your day, Bells... Or don't. That's your problem." Sam turns on his heels and I watch silently as he walks away, leaving me completely alone.

It shouldn't be a problem being by myself. Just before Ben died, I was always alone. Yet, for some reason, I find the loneliness suffocating.

I look around the room and find a couple of people staring at me, but none of them can be considered friends and none of them make any move to talk to me.

I'm all alone!

~~*~~

"Anabelle! Anabelle, wait up!"

I cringe at the sound of my name, but I stop anyway and wait for him to catch up with me.

The tall boy in the white button-down shirt tucked into blue pants walks towards me and I take my time to assess his neat frame.

His short brown hair hides beneath a blue beanie and around his neck, a plaid muffler which he adjusts when he stops right before me, towering over me like a neatly dressed, fashion giant.

"Hi, Anabelle." He waves, somewhat shyly at me. "Congratulations on joining then drama club." He adjusts the black sling bag around his neck before turning a huge smile to me.

"My name is Bells," I correct him and his eyes widen by a fraction.

"I am super duper sorry about that, Bells." He pronounces carefully, his British accent thick.

"It's okay," I wave it off and continue my way out of the classroom with Allen walking beside me. "I'm quite surprised you're the top member of the club. Your piece was so inspiring. You've got talent," I compliment him and his smile widens even more.

For a brief moment, I am all too aware that this is the longest I have ever heard Allen speak with anyone. He is usually more reserved and leaves most of the talking for his boyfriend Tony.

"So do you. You're a natural," he assures me, though I'm sure he's just trying to be polite.

We round a corner in the hallway and we are joined by Anthony who was casually leaning against the wall, cell phone in hand.

Allen rushes up to him, a sparkle in his eyes that causes me to smile. Anthony shoves his phone into his pocket and wraps his arms around his boyfriend, pressing his lips to the side of his face affectionately.

"Jesus! Get a room, you two," I tease and Tony pulls away from Allen to flash me a boyish grin. He takes a step towards me and before I can react, he has his arms around me and has pulled me off the floor.

"Al texted me. Congratulations on making the team. I am super proud of you!"

"Put me down! Put me down!" I demand between laughs.

As embarrassing as our little scene is, I cannot help the happiness that swells inside of me that at least, I will not spend the remainder of myself all alone like a sad little orphaned puppy.

He finally sets me down and we resume our journey to the cafeteria where I join them and a bunch of guys to eat.

Asher is present, but the moment I take a seat beside him and make move to utter a word, he just shakes his head and walks right out of the cafeteria, abandoning his tray of fries and ketchup.

"More food for me then!" A guy shouts and pulls Ash's tray towards himself and I sigh dejectedly.

Allen notices my frown and moves so he's beside me.

"I don't really know what went down between you two, but you really need to fix it. My man's been a mess for a while now."

"True story," Tony inputs, pulling out a bag of cookies. Allen eyes the bag as though it is poison, but Tony ignores and tears it open with his teeth before he continues. "It's been rough having a team leader that's an absolute mess. You both need to work things out."

"I know, I know." I nod with a sigh. "I just don't know how. He hates me and I don't think I can fix –"

"Hate?" Tony interrupts. "Baby girl, that's an over exaggeration."

"Yes. Ash most definitely doesn't hate you. The boy is so in love with you and it's upsetting him that you're always with... What does he call him?" Allen furrows his brows at Tony who chuckles, waving a cookie around.

"Mr. White and Sparkly," Tony inputs, throwing us into a brief round of laughter that ends when Tony starts choking on a cookie and Allen rushes to his aid with a bottle of water.

He pats his boyfriend's back as he whispers soothing words and Tony's coughing fit dies down, his face red and his eyes wet.

"What have I told you about swallowing before talking?" Allen criticises and Tony smiles shyly.

I am surprised as I watch the duo. They seem so different from what I noticed. Tony isn't distracted by his phone which continues to vibrate in his pocket. No. All of his attention is on his boyfriend and I slightly envy the way they look at each other.

Allen on the other hand is not as quiet and as reserved as he usually is. It's quite entertaining to watch him interact freely and I suddenly realize why Cherry is so upset with Tony. Allen is such a wonderful boyfriend.

Feeling eyes stare at me, I turn to find Cherry and Audrey glaring holes into my back. Well, Audrey is trying but it's not really working. Surprisingly, Nat isn't with them.

I look around the cafeteria and am shocked to find Nat with Tiffany, Carrie and the other girls. Carrie is tying God knows what into her phone, Nat has a hand around Tiffany's shoulder and is whispering something to her while the other girls are just staring at Nat, obviously afraid of the girl.

"What happened with you and the girls?" Tony asks me, drawing my attention back to the table and I sigh deeply and draw my lower lip between my teeth as I struggle to gather my thoughts.

"What can I say?" I start. "Friendships have their ups and downs."

"True that." He nods. "Allen here once ignored me for three whole days." He points to Allen who gapes at him.

"Don't paint me to be the bad guy. You forgot my birthday. That is unacceptable." Allen huffs and adjusts his muffler.

"I'm sorry, baby." Tony flashes the boy a cheeky smile and he returns his gesture. "The point is, if you really care about them, you don't need to sit around and wait for them to come to their senses. Sometimes, you just have to show people you love them."

"What do you reckon I do?" I inquire.

The girls have been nothing but nice to me, and yes, I do have to let them know that they are my best friends in the whole goddamn town.

"Thoughtful gifts. Everyone loves thoughtful gifts," comes Allen's response.

~~*~~

The remainder of the day passes without troubles or drama or even the sight of Sam. Thankfully, Tony and Allen have been more than nice enough to ditch their friends and hang out with me.

They're truly amazing people and a huge part of me wishes I had reached out and tried to make friends with people a long time ago rather than judge them from a distance.

When the final bell is heard, I skip to my locker, but stop right in front of it as I realize it is slightly unlocked.

I look around the hallway, but no one stands out. They are all chatting with their friends or tending to their individual lockers.

Sucking in a deep breath, I pull back the door of the locker and gasp at the sight inside.

Neatly placed atop my belongings, a single fake black rose attached to a small note.

My hand trembling, I reach into the locker and pull it out. I close the locker door and look around once more, but I'm disappointed to find nothing in particular.

What exactly am I expecting? That my secret admirer be standing around the corner with a huge sign pasted to their foreheads? That would've been so convenient. Unfortunately, there is absolutely nothing out of the ordinary.

I open the note and it is no surprise that it is the same neatly printed writeup.

What would I do to make you notice me?

I call your name; you look right through me.

Why do you continue to hurt my feelings?

Do I really mean absolutely nothing to you?

You anger me, Anabelle Hendrix. You anger me.

I give you all of my love, but it's all for nothing.

You think you're so smart, yet, you cannot see what's right before you.

Everything I do. Every breath I take. All of it is for you.

I love you.

Love; yours.

~~~

Not me updating when I have an exam today. What can I say? I just love this book so much.

This one is for those that said they wanted to see more of Allen and Anthony.

Remember to vote and comment, my lovelies.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

7.7K 2K 48
Gravicta, the home to certain angels, faces a certain doom after their king, Lucifer Morningstar, is murdered. It all started after the great fall. G...
77.1K 2.9K 31
On angel wings he hauls you into hell where his master waits. Can you escape their clutches? Or will you lose your soul to the flames? You're a norma...
86.3K 2.7K 33
It was supposed to kill her. The fall was Supposed to break her back then neck and finally crack her skull. But Alana survived the fall. Found by a g...
2.7K 31 10
Imagine being nobody in this life. You were thrown into the street by your birth mother when you were just a few days old. And adoptive parents once...