Where the heart belongs..

By authorsafiya

"Look at how hard it's beating!!" He said grabbing hold of my hand and placing it on my own heart, not lettin... More

Aesthetics
Chapter-1: Pilot.
Chapter-2: The Events.
Chapter-3: The Sport's Meet.
Chapter-4: The Talk.
Chapter-5: Holidays.
Chapter-6: Leaving.
Chapter-7: The Proposal.
Chapter-8: The Wait.
Chapter-9: InshaAllah
Chapter-10: Internals
Chapter-11: The Exclusive Nikah!
Chapter-12: My wife, Zawjati.
Chapter-13: Say it.
Chapter-14: Dammit.
Chapter-15: Special.
Chapter-16: Missing.
Chapter-17: Preparations.
Chapter-18: Celebration.
Chapter-19: New Favorite.
Chapter-21: A&M.
Chapter-22: Exception.
Chapter-23: Doomed.
Chapter-24: Fine.
Chapter-25: Treasured.
Chapter-26: Giddy.
Chapter-27: Uncertain.
Chapter-28: Family.
Chapter-29: Peaceful.
Epilogue: Where the heart belongs..

Chapter-20: Verdict.

366 21 0
By authorsafiya

"Seventy thousand of my people will enter paradise without being taken to account. They are those who do not use spells or take omens, but put their trust in their Lord."

[Bukhari, Muslim]

Assalamualaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

✨Bismillah✨

If you haven't offered your salah and it's salah time then please pray and then return, do not delay your prayers.

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

MAIRA

"I am going to stab myself with this fork with all the weddings happening around me." Alina grumbles chewing down the piece of cake and setting aside the plate.

"Ya Allah just get me married to someone already." she exclaims plopping back on the bed.

"And you traitor" she says suddenly pointing at me.

I raise my eyebrows at her "You couldn't have even bothered to inform me about all of this before?" she says narrowing her eyes.

"And trust you to not blabber it out to Maryam?" I ask knowingly. "I wouldn't have" she mumbles quietly after a moment.

"You know you would have done it and Usman had anyway wanted it to be a surprise for her" I say nodding towards Maryam who was currently dealing with mixed emotions.

"He is just so sweet, isn't he?" Alina asks nudging Maryam.

Maryam scowls back at Alina and turns to me "A little heads up wouldn't have hurt anyone." she says sighing.

"I have been going on and on about both of you for an eternity and you both seem to always deny me, so deal with it now" I say with a shrug.

"But anyway what is your final verdict?" Alina asks cocking her head at Maryam.

"Are you Maryam Khan ready to take Usman Abdul Haseeb as your husband for an eternity and everything after it?" she continues in a deep voice.

"Shut up already" Maryam huffs and fixes her already fixed hijab.

I sigh and rub her arm "There is nothing to actually be so nervous about, I mean I know that you cannot actually stop the nervousness but knowing that it is just Usman should calm you a bit down" I say comfortingly.

"That is the exact thing which spikes my nervousness" Maryam counters.

"So you are ok with someone else coming up at your home with a proposal for you?" Alina asks smirking and wiggling her brows.

"I didn't m--" Maryam is cut short in her words as her mom comes in knocking on the door.

"Usman is waiting for you in the lawn if you're ready." She says quietly. Maryam inhales sharply and nods, telling her that she'll be out in a moment.

"You are chaperoning us right?" Maryam asks nervously.

"I am and don't worry I will be there to sneak you out if you don't want to be there any longer and to keep my brother in check" I joke trying to light her a bit.

"Thanks" she exhales softly and hugs me.

"Hey you cannot just leave me out here" Alina says hugging us both, causing us to chuckle.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

"You should actually be thanking me for her acceptance of this proposal" I say as I lean on Usman's door frame.

"And why is that?" he asks lifting his head from his laptop.

"You wouldn't have been this delighted if it wasn't for my coaxing." I say smiling slyly.

"Oh please. It is just my charm that she couldn't resist." he says smugly.

"I would actually be on a call with Maryam and hiding the phone behind me for all you know?" I say raising my eyebrows. A look of pure panic crosses his face before he stables himself. "You would not." He states rather nervously.

"It's a good thing that I actually like the both of you or else I wouldn't have any second thoughts in doing that." I laugh and turn back to my room as he scoffs.

It has been two days since we've arrived from Maryam's place and we got a call this morning from her father giving us a positive response for the proposal. Alhamdulillah, Usman is literally flying up above in the sky after hearing their response.

I plop down on the bed picking my phone to call Adam. It has been two whole days that I have seen him in person and I actually miss him, though we have our frequent calls and video chats. A soft knock on the door causes me to look up from my phone.

The door opens slowly before I could respond and after a brief pause Adam pokes his head from the door. I raise my eyebrows not able to bite down the wide smile appearing on my face. My heartbeat kicks up a notch seeing him for real just when I was missing him and I rise from my bed to embrace him as he now fully comes inside the room.

"I have missed you." I say sighing contently in his arms. He exhales softly as he kisses the top of my head "I've missed you more and Assalamualaikum."

"Walaikumassalam" I mumble against his chest not willing to let go of him. "Wouldn't you ask why or how I came this late?" he asks rubbing my back benignly.

"I'm just grateful that you are here" I say, shaking my head.

"No questions asked?" he asks, a smile present in his voice. "No questions asked." I state firmly.

"I am starting to love this self of yours" he says and I look up at him, a soft smile on my face. He kisses my forehead and leads us to the bed.

"So..." he trails off rubbing his hands together, sitting on the bed facing towards me. I raise my eyebrows at his excited state and nod my head urging him to continue.

"I have officially got a job in the company" he exclaims with a wide grin.

"MashaAllah, congrats bro" I bump my shoulder to his and wiggle my brows. His face forms into a scowl and he nudges me away "Not bro okay" he warns and I stifle my laugh.

"Dude?" I try.

"Better" he hums.

"Anyway, did you tell the others? I am sure your mother would've been more that happy to hear that."

"She was, I came here just after I informed her, she was ecstatic" he says with an apparent smile.

"Well...when is the celebration?"

"Whenever you'd want to, we can go get some ice cream right now if you wish" he suggests rolling the sleeves of his grey shirt.

"If you are the one to tell mama and baba" I bargain.

He sighs biting his lip "Done, you go get ready and I will ask your parents to take their daughter to an ice cream date"

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

"Now, now am I seeing two colorful cups of ice creams in The Adam Abdullah's hand?" I ask grinning ear to ear and wiggling in my seat.

"You are rubbing off on me" he says narrowing his eyes but with a hint of smile on his face.

"Your life is getting a fill of colors with the help of this ice cream" I joke.

"Indeed" he says handing me my cup with the sweetest smile.

"I am getting used to this sweet smile of yours, y' know" I say, taking a bit of my ice cream.

"I wonder if you too feel the same way about my face or me in all because I tend to bore people out very soon." I say with a one-shouldered shrug.

"It's a wonder in itself that you haven't already left" I add, shifting my gaze to the tilted head of Adam.

He exhales audibly and shakes his head slightly.

"You've got a very much wrong idea in your head sweetheart, I am getting used to you and all your little things in such a high speed that it might even be unhealthy" he continues.

"You could never bore me out, not now, not ever, if anything, I would only feel that I am not getting enough of you even after spending every damn moment with you"

"And I would never be able to leave you" he continues with a light chuckle "I couldn't think of it even in my head"

And I think that I would pass out due to the effect of his words on my heart. 

。⁠♡------------------ ♡⁠。

Alhamdulillah!!💕

JazakAllahu Khairan Kaseera🤍

Don't forget to hit the star button below🔻🔻🔻

Assalamualaikum until next time inshaAllah💖

~~ Safiya❣️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

943K 40.7K 33
Every girl, whether she is confident or not, at time of nikkah, become hesitated to say yes. The feeling that your sur name is going to change and yo...
2.2K 227 31
"Noor Ayn," Hassan began, his gaze intense as he looked at me with a soft expression, "Have you ever wondered why I called you that? It's not a mere...
2.3M 133K 53
[My stories do NOT represent Islam, they represent most Muslims nowadays] ~~~~ "So I can't be this close to you?" Brody softly asked, pretending he d...
3.5M 208K 59
I walked down the white hallways filled with the smell of bleach and chlorine. The lights above were too bright, too luminescent. I can't think. I ca...