Time Of Our Lives; Kirisuna

Av Star_King_and_Queen

Kazuto Kirigaya and Asuna Yuuki are well known for the love they have for each other. However, the question i... Mer

Chapter 1: Meeting You
Chapter 2: The Chestnut Haired Girl and Black Haired Boy
Chapter 3: Lunch
Chapter 4: Walking Home
Chapter 5: Club Fair
Chapter 6: Old Friends
Chapter 7: Study Group
Chapter 8: Talking to You
Chapter 9: Mid-Term Results
Chapter 10: Trouble
Chapter 11: The Truth
Chapter 12: Celebrating
Chapter 13: Summer Vacation
Chapter 14: Realization
Chapter 15: Summer Festival
Chapter 16: Transfer Students
Chapter 17: Preparing for the Festival
Chapter 18: The Sports Festival
Chapter 19: The Sports Festival Part 2
Chapter 20: After Party
Chapter 21: Parents Are Home
Chapter 22: A Suitor
Chapter 23: Sneaking Out
Chapter 24: With you in the City
Chapter 25: A Father and A Son
Chapter 26: His Birthday
Chapter 27: Reconciliation
Chapter 28: Picnic
Chapter 29: The Holidays
Chapter 30: I Love You
Chapter 31: Christmas
Chapter 32: New Year's Eve Dinner
Chapter 33: New Year's Date
Chapter 34: Back To School
Chapter 35: A Request
Chapter 36: Run For President
Chapter 37: The Election
Chapter 38: New Responsibilities
Chapter 39: Helping A Couple
Chapter 40: Valentine's Day
Chapter 41: A Troubled Friend
Chapter 42: Sleepover
Chapter 43: An Unrequited Love
Chapter 44: Third Years Graduating
Chapter 45: Spring Break
Chapter 46: Family Bonding
Chapter 47: Spring Date
Chapter 48: Surprise Transfers
Chapter 49: Old Friends and New Enemies
Chapter 50: A New Foe
Chapter 51: Shikimi Kamura
Chapter 52: The New Student Council
Chapter 53: A Bet
Chapter 54: Just This Once
Chapter 55: Analysis
Chapter 56: Identity
Chapter 57: Vacation On A Cruise
Chapter 58: A Helping Hand
Chapter 59: The Grim Reaper, Death
Chapter 60: School Tour
Chapter 61: Friend or Foe
Chapter 62: How Others Fare
Chapter 63: Leave of Absence
Chapter 64: Inner Workings of The School
Chapter 66: The Unseen Characters
Chapter 67: Motivation
Chapter 68: Pressed For Time
Chapter 69: One Down
Chapter 70: The Calm Before The Storm
Chapter 71: The Promised Showdown
Chapter 72: Reaping Death
Chapter 73: Tying Up Loose Ends
Chapter 74: One Step At A Time

Chapter 65: Confrontation

192 8 0
Av Star_King_and_Queen

Kirito POV:

The school bustled with noise in preparation for the sports festival. Students crowded the hallways, going in and out of classrooms to gather their peers.

The students this year were almost double the number of last year's thanks to the transfer students so it was no wonder that was the case.

Most of them were from my previous school and if memory serves the sports festival there was quite extravagant, so they'll probably assume the same here.

Asuna and the student council must be giving it their all to satisfy them. The sports festival was one of the few occasions where students could let loose without being rebuked by a teacher.

On the last day before the festival, my class gathered on the sports field during PE class for our daily training. The details were already announced a week ago and we've been working hard since.

In contrast to last year, I decided to give my all this time around. And with Shiro being a possible opponent I burned with ambition.

I ran my hand through my hair and wiped the sweat off my temples as I finished performing in the 200-meter sprint.

"Kyaa! Kazuto's as good as ever!"

"Yeah, yeah! He dominated everyone at our previous school!"

"I can't wait to see him do it here!"

The girls who watched me more than train said such things since we had started around an hour ago. It got more difficult dealing with the glares the boys gave me because of this.

"Kazuto, leave some for the rest of us!"

"Yeah, I'm trying to get a girlfriend, you know!"

"Don't you already have one!?"

I do, and I'm holding onto her for eternity! So leave me alone! It's your fault you can't get one! I thought.

I sighed as I sat on the grass. Sosuke came up to me with a slight delay in his step and a worried expression.

"Are you alright, Kazuto?" He said.

He seemed to have noticed my predicament and tried to rescue me to the best of his ability.

Come to think of it, Sosuke's also good-looking so why isn't anyone gawking over him?!

"I'm fine. I've gotten used to it, anyway. So, why are you here?"

I was sure he came to check on me, but I doubted that was the only reason. He should be helping the others train.

"So, I've been caught. Actually, seeing your performance last year and during practice got me thinking... Were you holding back last year?"

"Yeah, sorry for keeping a secret. I tried keeping a low profile since I didn't want to be known outside of the school, but it seemed to have failed."

I looked around at the surrounding students. The number of transfer students who looked at us outnumbered the old students by a frightening degree.

"Then you won't be holding back this year?" He asked.

I see. So, this was what he was after.

Seeing my abilities firsthand, he wanted to take full advantage of them. I guess it was only natural if we wanted to win the festival.

"Don't worry. With all the transfer students now here, there's no point holding back."

His eyes sparkled as he flashed a smile and sat beside me. I was grateful for his consideration as he refrained from asking me why I held back last year.

He reminded me of Masayuki in some ways. However, unlike him, Sosuke was real and showed his true self instead of putting on an act.

"With your help, I'm sure we'll win the festival tomorrow!" Sosuke raised his fists in the air.

"You shouldn't get your hopes up. The details of this year's festival are different from last year's. I'm not sure my contribution alone will get us to first place."

When we presented the sports field during the school tour, the sports festival was brought up and how its rules and events changed every year. This time around the school tested the individual's performance instead of the class as a whole.

"That's true. Some students in the class aren't as confident in their abilities, particularly the less athletic ones."

Unlike last year, where we had the option to only let the best participate, everyone in the class had to participate this time. They had to perform in at least one event if they wanted to avoid receiving a penalty.

"You don't have a plan? I'm sure we can accumulate a lot of points if we had one."

Another difference from last year was "Performace points". As the name implied, they measured one's performance and distributed points. 

For those who came in first place in an event, they'd receive 10 points, second place would receive 5 points, and third place would receive 3 points. Those who failed to get into any of them would only receive 1 point.

"Don't worry! The others and I have already planned it out." He reassured me.

"I see. Then, is approaching me now a part of that plan?"

He paused and scratched his head, "You're quite perceptive, Kazuto. No wonder you're as great as you are... In truth, we're hoping you perform well during the festival."

"So I'm like your ace, huh?"

"Something like that. After seeing how you performed, everyone agreed you're the best in the class."

"I see..."

"Hm? Aren't you confident in your abilities, Kazuto?"

"It's not that. It's just... With the transfer students here, there might be some new variables we have to take into account."

And by variables I meant Shiro. I was confident I'd win against anyone else by a landslide, but if it was him... Even giving it my all might not be enough.

"That's true, some events have changed as well. But everyone's working hard so I'm sure we'll place high at least!" He had a look of irrefutable confidence on his face.

This guy... Is he always this optimistic? He's like a mascot...

Once practice ended, Iskahn-sensei shoved us out of the sports field to get changed and head to our next class.

He had to be under a lot of pressure from the other classes since the sports festival was tomorrow. A few extra minutes of practice could mean a lot for their performance.

"Everyone, let's do our best tomorrow!" Sosuke cheered.

The boys' changing room cheered along with him and everyone split up soon after to head for their next class.

I stopped by my locker to get my materials when a presence crept up from behind me. I swung my elbow as I turned around and as expected he blocked with his palm before it could reach his jaw.

"It's been a while, Kazuto." Shiro said.

Judging from how he addressed me, he was here for something other than provoking me.

"Indeed. I didn't take you to be one to hide for so long without making a move."

"Without making a move? Is that what you call Argo's current state?"

I tensed my muscles to hold myself back, but my eyes still shot lasers from just looking at him.

My expression seemed to have amused him as he smirked, "I like that look. You should show it more often."

I closed my locker and dropped my backpack on the ground as his smile grew wider.

The students, who passed us by to go to their classes, came to a halt to watch this scene unfold.

I want to slam this bastard into the ground right now... But with these people watching...

"Allow me..." He said as he threw a kick.

I ducked out of the way and distanced myself from him.

What advantage could he possibly gain from hitting me in front of this crowd?

"Your senses seemed to have dulled, Kaz. I was holding back with that kick and yet you only barely managed to evade." He tapped his foot on the ground.

"Do you want to see just how much they've dulled?"

"Please, do enlighten me." He spread out his arms.

Since this was technically self-defense I should be fine. If we got in trouble, he'd get punished more. I kicked off the ground and at the same time, he did as well.

However, a shadow came in between us just as our fists were about to collide. It was too late to stop, so I held back as much as I could as we slammed into this person.

"Oh? Impressive." Shiro said. "For you to be able to stop us... You're as good as they say, Hirata Kanji."

My eyes widened in shock at his sudden appearance.

"Hirata?! Why are you here?" I said.

He let go of our fists and massaged his wrists, "Am I not allowed to visit when I feel like it?"

"Oi, oi." Shiro placed his hand on Hirata's shoulder, "Are you planning on getting in our way just because you managed to stop our punches?"

The look Shiro gave him would've made the average person shudder in fear, but Hirata was different.

"My arms would've broken if you both hadn't held back at the last second. However..." Hirata shrugged off Shiro's hand and gave him a glare equal to his own, "Do you think that'll stop me?"

Knowing Shiro he'd gladly take on his challenge. I needed to step in, but before I could Shiro cut me off.

"Unfortunately, I'm quite busy. And I don't plan on fighting knowing the aftermath." He looked around us.

Some students had their phones out recording our altercation. Fighting him here would be disadvantageous for both parties. But Shiro was the type to fight regardless of the consequences, so why was he withdrawing?

"I'll see you later." 

He walked away before I had the chance to ask him about his motive.

Why would he pick a fight only to walk away? It was different from his past behavior.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and turned to Hirata who showed up out of the blue.

"What are you doing here?" I expected to see him tomorrow but he was a day early.

"I'm free for the next three days. It'd be better to plan before the festival, right?"

With who we were up against, planning things last minute could become a disaster. I acknowledged this and told him our plan. The others already knew what to do so he was the missing piece to the puzzle.

After listening to my plan, he expressed his viewpoint, "I've gotta say... This is risky. Things could turn sour after you make your move... Are you sure it's better this way?"

"I plan on facing them head-on. And so do the others. Besides, this is the best way to minimize the damage as well."

I understood his concern. It was a high-risk high-reward plan. If things worked out, we could ensure they wouldn't interfere with us after we beat them.

If we beat them this time, but they kept coming, there'd be no point. We needed a way to keep them at bay after this.

"All right. I'll do as you say." Hirata offered his hand and I shook it.

We parted ways soon after and I went to my next class a little later than usual. I used the excuse of the sports festival to my advantage and got off with a light warning.

The next day rolled around and the sports festival was underway. It was time to execute my plan as everyone in the school gathered on the sports field and waited for Quinella-sensei to give the opening remarks.

"I'm glad to see you all excited for this day. There are still many of you who have yet to experience what this festival offers. You've already been informed by your teachers, so without further ado, I declare this year's sports festival open!"

Everyone clapped and cheered in anticipation as Quinella-sensei handed the microphone to Sinon, the emcee for this year's festival.

"I'm Shino Asada, your emcee for this sports festival! Unlike last year, you get to choose the events to participate in so get going and do your best! The rewards for this year are extra spicy, after all!"

Her voice was unnaturally enthusiastic the opposite of how she usually was. Could meeting Hirata before the festival have given her a boost of energy?

The moment she set down the microphone everyone in my vicinity dispersed in different directions. As she said, we got to choose what to participate in this time.

Once I heard this leave Fanatio-sensei's lips during last week's announcement, my plan began to take shape.

I saved time and immediately left for my objective. The others had their own roles to play and I had mine.

I moved to a location with the best view of the sports field. There were hundreds of students present, looking for one person would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

As I looked from one side of the field to the other, I got a call from Liz.

[I found him.] She said.

"Where is he?"

[Looks like he's about to participate in the 200-meter sprint. You better hurry, the venue's almost full.]

I didn't bother asking how she knew and left for the 200-meter sprint. When I arrived I immediately wrote my name on the reception desk.

"You're placed for the 2nd race. Please wait patiently for your turn." The receptionist said.

Second? Liz said the venue was almost full so why..?

I turned to the venue and found fewer than a dozen people on the race track.

I sighed. Liz must've lied to me so I would hurry.

That little...

I moved on and accepted her assistance.  I wandered around the venue for a bit until I finally found who I looked for.

"Hey, Satoru! You're doing the 200-meter as well?" I said.

He welcomed me with a smile. There were several events this year, so it was unlikely to meet up with someone unless you had common interests.

"Yeah, I did pretty well last year." He said while he did some stretches, "Though, with you here I probably won't win. Hehe."

I blitzed everyone during the relay last year and came in the top three of every sprint as well. It was understandable he thought so.

I stood beside him as I did some stretches as well.

"Hey, about our bet..."

"Oh, right! I'd completely forgotten about that!" Satoru scratched his cheek and looked away, "Just forget about it. I was absent during the last day, anyway, and it'd be unfair to give me your homework because of that."

"Absent, huh?" I murmured under my breath.

"Second race participants! Please step on the line!" The event proctor announced.

"This you?" Satoru pointed at the track.

It seemed we were going to race against each other and set ourselves on the track.

"On your marks!"

"By the way, I have something to ask you." I said.

"Hm? What is it?" Satoru raised a brow.

Everyone went into a sprinting position.

"Get set!"

"You're Shiro's partner..." I turned to him, "...aren't you?"

"Go!" 

The event proctor shot his starter pistol and we kicked off the ground.

________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it!

Things have now started to unravel. Kirito has finally confronted Satoru and we're nearing their showdown as we speak! I hope to see you there when it happens!

As always, I'll see you in the next chapter! Peace!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

8.5K 206 18
This is a story based on ordinal scales and a side story to my other story Love for you! Y/N and Kirito are a lovely couple a new device came out wh...
88.9K 3K 15
"I'm sorry, Kazuto," I whispered. I will not let you fall. "Stay alive and get out of here...Kirito...Asuna..." I'm sorry. "Goodbye." I closed my...
12K 224 21
Disclaimer: I don't own Sword art online. Real world sometimes unfair, especially if you're powerless. This is the story of Asuna and Kirito as they'...
21.5K 335 9
This a collection of Kirisuna Short Stories. Enjoy!