Love Me Again

Par yueteacake

When her ex-husband, Sean Donovan, had gotten into an accident, Ashley Summer agreed to look after him for a... Plus

Chapter 1 - Surprising news
Chapter 2 - Memory lost
Chapter 3 - Reluctant help
Chapter 4 - Ashley's growth
Chapter 5 - Kyle Herrington
Chapter 6 - Therapy with a hidden motive
Chapter 7 - Level of trust
Chapter 8 - Explanation no longer matters
Chapter 9 - Lies
Chapter 10 - Exterminate a rat
Chapter 11 - White letter
Chapter 12 - Royal Hotel Appointment
Chapter 13 - Gio Aiolos
Chapter 14 - Sean's visit
Chapter 15 - Why bother rekindling ashes?
Chapter 16 - Tasting program
Chapter 17 - Winter's Breath
Chapter 18 - This stage is for revenge
Chapter 19 - Call from the media
Chapter 20 - Sean is the action man
Chapter 21 - Love was not enough in a relationship
Chapter 22 - Let's meet your man first
Chapter 23 - I can offer a loan
Chapter 24 - I take it because it's money
Chapter 25 - I am old, but never a senile
Chapter 26 - You do not have a stellar record
Chapter 27 - Nothing escapes from your eyes
Chapter 28 - Jean Wander
Chapter 29 - How daring of you to threaten me, Mr. Donovan
Chapter 30 - Clear things up
Chapter 31 - Samuel Donovan
Chapter 32 - When will he 'finally' make a move
Chapter 33 - Injured leg
Chapter 34 - Are you being a pervert?
Chapter 35 - Are you treating me as your sex toy?
Chapter 36 - This is between us
Chapter 37 - Ashley doesn't have that kind of money
Chapter 38 - That asshole judge?
Chapter 39 - Is it too late to get my divorce property?
Chapter 40 - Earning money to pay you back
Chapter 41 - We can't make a mess
Chapter 42 - You are pathetic
Chapter 43 - Where did you hide Tina
Chapter 44 - He won't hurt you anymore

Epilogue

12.1K 205 23
Par yueteacake

Epilogue

Five years later

"Mummy! Simon is here!" The four-year-old boy, Calvin, jumped up and down on his parent's large bed.

"What did your father say about jumping on the bed again?" Ashley warned, her eyes staring at her son from the mirror.

"No jumping..." Calvin sat down on the bed and pouted, swinging his short legs. "But mummy, Simon is here!"

To Simon, Sean was much more of a father compared to Mason. After all, it was Sean that took care of him for the first four years of his life, and even after the divorce, Jean did not stop Simon from meeting Sean. As for Ashley, even if she disliked the boy's birth parents, she could not bring herself to continue disliking the innocent boy and did not stop him from visiting Sean.

Due to that, Simon and Calvin were as close as real brothers.

That statement would remain a secret between Ashley, Sean, and Simon. If his birth parents heard it, it would be bad. Not that Sean cared anyway and always flaunted the affection he got from the kid before Simon's real father.

"Then you go down first." Ashley eyed her reflection from the mirror and carefully applied her mascara.

"Daddy says to go down with mummy," Calvin sulked, yet still obediently listened to his father's words. He wanted to rush his mother but does not want to disturb his mother.

"Where is your father?" she asked, quickly finishing up the last touch of makeup.

"Downstairs talking to Grandpa Samuel!"

Finally, Sean and Samuel slowly get along, and it was much easier when the latter hold back his urge to micromanage his son's life. Samuel's accepting behaviour was also influenced by the presence of Tina, who was such a sweet and forgiving woman. And also a mean right hook, which Ashley had seen the result on Samuel's face once when he took the pestering to another level.

Samuel was lucky that Tina was willing to forgive him and gave him a chance. The suitors in Paris had cried in anguish when she announced her final choice.

"Come on mummy! You are pretty enough!" Calvin whined and Ashley shot him a playful glare.

"Well, today is your mom's wedding anniversary, so your mom needs to outshone others."

"But mummy, you are the prettiest anyway," Calvin earnestly said.

"Your son is right," Sean said from the doorway, his eyes showed his appreciation as his gaze lingered on her body.

To maintain her body figure after her pregnancy was hard work, but totally worth it when Sean appreciates it. Wrapped in a figure-hugging dark green dress, Ashley looked great in it.

"We are going to be late!" Kyle yelled from below.

After Sean and Ashley got married, they still lived in Ashley's small apartment, until she has gotten pregnant. She was not surprised when Sean had actually brought a house without her knowledge and even had it fully renovated to her liking, including the furniture she had once said she liked.

It was his effort to remember her preference that touched her heart.

"I can arrive anytime I want!" Ashley yelled back and her reply was greeted with waves of laughter from the people waiting downstairs.

"We go early, we get to come back early." Sean winked and earned a light smack on his arm from his wife.

"I get to stay over at Grandpa Samuel, right?" Calvin asked excitingly.

"Yes, young man, so remember to take your toy with you because you won't be coming back until tomorrow afternoon," Sean reminded.

To end their anniversary with a bang, Sean had planned for them to have their house all by themselves so that they can make a lot of noise as they liked. Ashley blushed and half-heartedly smacked his arm again when he said that, but she does like that idea. A lot.

"Simon would be staying over as well. So don't make trouble and listen to your grandparents, okay? Or you are not allowed to stay over anymore," Sean warned his son.

"I always listen!" Calvin insisted.

"Uh-huh. You broke Grandma Tina's favourite vase, remember?" Ashley reminded.

"I did say sorry." Calvin bit his lower lips and widen his eyes, trying to look pitiful.

"As long as you did apologize properly and learn from your mistake." Sean picked up his son from the bed. "Let's go."

Ashley picked up her handbag and scarf as it was getting chilly tonight. The weather forecast said that it was going to be snowing anytime now and she had dressed up little, taking the risk of catching a cold just to look good in photos later. "I'm ready."

"Late, late, late!" Kyle complained teasingly, his hands tangled with Ashton's with matching wedding rings. Coincidentally, Sean managed to get Ashley pregnant right before the year ends, so Kyle gets to marry Ashton even if their parents still have some reservations about it.

Despite having that feeling, Betty Summer could not go back on her word and further agitate her son. With her husband already giving up his hope that their son would give up on Kyle, Betty also gradually just let her son be. Ashton was already a grown-up and should accept whatever the consequences would be from his decision.

Calvin wiggled out of his father's hold and ran towards Simon, who was sitting in front of the TV, watching some cartoon.

Jean and Mason would not be joining the celebration, as Samuel would not allow it. Not only him, but even Ashley would not want them to celebrate her wedding anniversary. Samuel had originally wanted to fire both Jean and Mason from their jobs after knowing Simon's real lineage, but Sean protested that they were good with their job, and no one would be available to fill in their position that quick. Especially when Sean left the company to start a new job to stick to Ashley.

They should keep private matters from their job, even if they hated it. At least until they found a suitable replacement and had the couple teach the newcomers the ropes.

As for Samuel's feelings towards Simon, it was a little complicated. No one would deny that he was not a good grandfather, as he loves the little boy very much. He was initially angry that he had treated an unknown boy as his grandson, but four years of affection was enough for the old man to soften his heart towards the innocent child. Not that Samuel does not love Calvin, that boy was his real grandson after all, and even nearly spoiling the boy by giving him almost everything he wanted that Ashley had to step forward and set a limit.

Speaking of Ashley's relationship with Samuel, it was very rocky in the beginning. But he was willing to change as promised with the help of Tina, a lovely lady that was eager to finally meet the woman his son had married, divorced, and only to marry again.

It would be a long time to leave what happened in the past behind them, but they were willing to try for the sake of their loved ones.

"Mama!" a tiny little girl in Tina's arms tried to reach for Ashley. With a bright smile, she picked up her baby into her arms.

"Hello again, sweetie." Ashley kissed her two-year-old daughter, Hannah, who was quick in gaining admirers for her sweet, toothless smile.

"Mom and dad will meet us at the restaurant." Ashton sipped onto a freshly brewed orange juice to pad his stomach while waiting for his sister to finish dressing up.

"Good, now let's go!" Sean ushered everyone out and drove to the Summer Restaurant. Summer Restaurant was bright and welcoming, lit up like a Christmas tree.

Tonight, Advin Summer had reserved his restaurant to celebrate Sean and Ashley's fifth wedding anniversary.

Ashley had actually planned to celebrate their wedding anniversary with just a simple dinner among their family, but Sean surprised her by already planning the event. He even makes it a big event for everyone to join.

As always, he never forgets any important dates, even noting them down on his calendar, just to cherish their important moments. There were times when he lamented that if he had not gotten into an accident, he would mope around for years before deciding to chase her again, thus would waste the time that he could spend with her.

Ashley was also glad the temporary amnesia happened, giving her the opportunity to clear things up and get back with the man she had ever loved again. Sean was a good husband and father to their children. There was never once did she regret loving him again.

"It's snowing! Daddy, can I go out and play?" Calvin asked Sean hopefully.

"Please?" Simon asked, equally hopeful.

"Alright," Sean relented.

"I will watch over them," Samuel offered along with Tina.

"Wear your jackets!" Ashley yelled at them before they followed Samuel out of the restaurant to play with the snow.

Hannah squealed and waved her tiny little hands around, wanting to follow her elder brother to play.

"You don't get to go out. You still have your cold." Ashley wrapped the blanket around Hannah tighter to prevent her from getting chilled. The restaurant was heated, but she was still afraid of the weather-sensitive baby getting sick.

"Daddy will let you play snow when you get healthy," Sean promised Hannah, letting her grab his finger with her tiny hand.

The restaurant was filled with their laughter, everyone being happy and joyous, without worry nagging at their back. Smiling brightly as she gazed at her family, Ashley hoped this happiness would remain forever and ever.

THE END

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Well, this is the end! There are not many changes to the old version and I did my best to mend the plot holes. But that does not mean there's no plot hole anymore. Anyway, this story is now ended, and thank you very much for following this story till the end, even if this story could be frustrating to read.

Just, thank you very much for your support! See you guys in my next story, hopefully? Happy Reading!

If you are curious about what novel I'm currently writing, check out my 'Choco Lily' alter-ego~

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

477 0 30
After spending a long period of time inside of a hospital after getting into a tragic accident that caused her to lose her memories, Christy meets Ga...
7.6K 182 34
What happens when one day, you finally open your eyes to the truth behind all those lies...
187K 3.6K 18
After waking up after a car crash and not remember anything from her past, only to learn that her name is Elsa Summer. Elsa starts to have strange dr...
543 27 20
In a world of amnesia you forget certain people, events, and even yourself. A part of you dies. That's exactly what happened to Min Yoongi. He forgo...