The Forgotten Salvatore Book 5

By Gh0stFac31996

After Dahlia, Daniel has been practicing with his new power. But time will tell if that power will be used fo... More

Disclaimer
You Hung the Moon
I'll See You in Hell or New Orleans
A Walk on the Wild Side
Best Served Cold
Beautiful Mistake
Out of the Easy
Important Question
The Other Girl in New Orleans
Saviour
A Ghost Along the Mississippi
Wild at Heart
Loft Layout
Heart Shaped Box
A Streetcar Named Desire
An Old Friend Calls
Alone with Everybody
Behind the Black Horizon
The Devil Comes Here and Sighs
No More Heartbreaks
Where Nothing Stays Buried
Give 'Em Hell Kid
The Bloody Crown
I Was Feeling Epic
New Book

For The Next Millennium

384 3 0
By Gh0stFac31996

Flashback ~ France ~ 1002 A.D.

"In the beginning, we were so naive. Our mother had made us into beasts who fed on blood. But immortality was beyond our grasp, compulsion a trick we had yet to learn." Klaus voiced over the memory. The man driving the carriage stops his horse and hops down from the cart when he sees a wooden cart abandoned on the side of the road. He walks toward it to investigate what is going on. "All we knew was a fear of being hunted... That, and a terrible hunger." Klaus voiced over. The man slowly approaches the cart and peeks inside. As he looks at the cart, he finds that the far corner is stained with quite a bit of blood.

"So we ran, as a family. And when we needed to, as a family, we fed." Klaus voiced over. Suddenly, the man is yanked away from the cart at vampire speed. Moments later, the scene cuts to a long-haired Elijah, who is in the middle of hiding the man's carriage with tree branches amidst the slurping sounds around him. "Kol, are you quite done?" Elijah asked. Kol, who was feeding deeply on the man on the ground a few feet away, groans in exasperation and sits upright. Behind him, Rebekah, Klaus, and Finn have just finished feeding on the driver's companions and are dragging their bodies toward the cart.

"Oh, bother, Elijah! Is all of this truly necessary?" Kol asked. "Brother, the road is a major thoroughfare-- if the bodies are found, word of our presence will spread to Mikael." Elijah said frustrated. "We have run through autumn and winter, through sleet and snow... Are we cursed to forever live in fear of our father?" Rebekah asked annoyed. "I should say yes, sadly." Finn said. Elijah points at Finn in annoyance. "Finn, please. Niklaus--" Elijah said. Elijah looks over at Klaus, who is petting the carriage driver's horse, for backup in their argument. Rebekah continues to glare at Elijah.

"Do we have any idea where we're running to next?" Rebekah asked unamused. Kol finally finishes feeding on the driver and drops his body on the ground before standing and walking toward his siblings. "Why not just do what we've all thought of doing? Split up!" Kol said. Elijah, clearly not fond of this plan, grimaces as he continues to cover up their victims. Klaus finally speaks up and joins his siblings in their debate. "We swore a vow!" Klaus said. "Your vows haunt me more than Father himself! At least he can't chase us all. I say we take our chances." Kol said losing his temper. Klaus glares at Kol. Finn, looking torn between the two sides, hesitates before speaking.

"Perhaps Kol is right--" Finn said but was cut off. "Thank you, Finn! Yeah, I've always said, "Oldest is the most intelligent--"" Kol said relieved but was cut off. "Stop talking" Finn said. Finn turns to Elijah with a pleading expression before continuing on. "I take no joy in our assent, but I do wish to sleep in a bed. To bathe in a bath, to feed of proper food. If we divide--" Finn said but Elijah interrupts him. "No, brother-- Niklaus is right. We made a vow." Elijah said. He looks at Kol and Finn for a moment before moving so he's standing in the middle of his siblings. "Family above all." Elijah said.

Elijah turns so he can face Klaus, who looks exhausted. "Always and forever." Elijah said. Klaus, touched by his support and loyalty, smiles weakly.

Present Day ~ Mikaelson Compound

In the present, Klaus is standing in the living room, where he's standing in front of the wall of painted portraits of each the Mikaelson siblings at some point in their history. He looks upset as he stares at the portrait of Elijah from what appears to be the Victorian Era, due to the fact that he's wearing a black top hat and a fine evening suit with a yellow vest. "Always and forever, indeed." Klaus said quietly. After a moment, Klaus turns and walks away.

Freya is at the desk in the study, where she is writing a letter to Rebekah. "My dear Rebekah, I hope this finds you well. I write to offer an update and ask for your advice." Freya said voicing over her writing. Downstairs in the dining room, Klaus and Elijah are sitting opposite of each other at the end of the table, staring at each other silently. Klaus looks amused and seems to be challenging Elijah to say something, but Elijah remains silent, his expression emotionless. After a moment, Elijah stands to his feet and leaves the room, glaring at Klaus the entire time. Just as Elijah is about to walk through the door, Klaus opens his mouth to speak, but decides not to say anything at the last moment.

"Our brothers remain at odds. Klaus will never apologize-- not for the blood he's shed, nor the suffering Hayley continues to endure-- and Elijah can never forgive him. Despite mine and Daniel's efforts, we are a house divided. Which is not to say I have no good news..." Freya voiced over. "Niklaus kept his word-- Marcel controls the Quarter. There, he has founded a fight gym in the old St. Anne's Church where he tests the mettle of those who wish to join his vampire community." Freya voiced over.

"Elijah has begun joining him for sparring. I believe it helps him work through his anger... and he has much anger." Freya added on. "While Hope continues to flourish, it is clear she misses her mother. Though Niklaus remains the doting father, he has been of no help in finding a cure for Hayley's curse." She continued. "Despite my best efforts, I've yet to find the means to undo the spell placed on her and the Crescent wolves, and Hayley herself continues to struggle, unable to see her child except for one night a month during the full moon. And we're in no position to ask for outside help..." Freya voiced over.

"Davina's rage at our family has only grown. And, as Regent of all covens, she is far too formidable to be swayed." Freya continued. "Meanwhile, Niklaus has begun to see Camille for what he calls "their little chats." He claims a desire to amend his ways. In truth, he seems utterly free of remorse... which only drives Elijah further away." She added on. "But I do bring good news. Daniel has managed to control his power, mostly. He's still practicing but he has managed to fully adapt to his new abilities. Also, he and Mia are thriving in the relationship department. Any chance they have, they spend together. I grow envious of their love and hope that one day I find that with someone. I only wish the best for them as he has become a brother to me." Freya said.

"I wonder if you would write me with any advice you have on how to heal their fractured bond. Until then, I remain your loving sister Freya." Freya voiced over, finishing her letter to Rebekah. Freya picks up the letter and examines it for a moment before crumpling it up and gripping it tightly in her hands. She mutters an unintelligible spell under her breath for a moment until the letter disappears, having been magically sent to Rebekah wherever she is, before she smiles.

Later ~ French Quarter

Cami has just met up with Vincent and Daniel, and the three head down the street together to where several police cruisers are parked with their red and blue lights flashing. While they walk, Vincent catches her up on the details of the crime scene they're approaching. "Okay, the thing you gotta understand is me and all the P.D. have a relationship that goes back to that nastiness with my ex-wife. I'm their expert in anything that even seems occult. And every so often, they come across the aftermath of some black magic and they call me in." Vincent said quietly. Just then, the two walk into the nearby alley and are greeted by a male detective in a black leather jacket, who immediately addresses Vincent.

"Are these your friends, the shrinks?" The detective asked. "I'm more of a private psychologist." Daniel said. Cami looks overwhelmed, but Vincent just smiles weakly and nods in confirmation. "Fantastic." The detective said. The detective extends his hand to introduce himself, and Cami shakes it. "Will Kinney. Detective-- homicide." Sill said. "Cami O'Connell-- bartender, part-time shrink..." Cami said and Daniel smiled in amusement. Cami looks around the crime scene with a confused smile. "...Why am I here?" Cami asked and Daniel coughed. "Correction. Why are we here?" Cami asked. "Vince, show them the body. See if they can do what you said they can do." Will said.

Will walks away, and once he's gone, Cami gives Vincent a look that says, "Are you kidding me?" Vincent rolls his eyes and leads her and Daniel to the body as he explains more about why he called them here. "So, cops want a psychological profile, and, given what we've found, I'd say this is your area of expertise. And Daniel's" Vincent said. "Great." Daniel said. The three walk past a dumpster, and when Cami and Daniel see the body, they immediately stops in their tracks and Cami gapes at the horror in front of her. The victim is an adult man in a suit whose wrists and elbows have been suspended by ropes as though he is some macabre puppet whose arms are now spread wide. The victim's mouth has been slashed open nearly ear-to-ear, and blood has dripped down his face and onto the front of his shirt. Vincent looks over at Cami, who is still absolutely horrified and cannot take her eyes away. However, Daniel isn't surprised that someone would do this as he knows the world is becoming worse each day.

Later

Cami, Daniel and Vincent are still in the alley off of the main street, where they're examining the body staged to look like a puppet. After a moment, Cami and Daniel step away to tell Vincent what they thinks. "Well, I'm no forensic psychologist, but whoever did this took their time. He bled-- a lot-- which means he was alive... but it was like he just stood here." Cami said. She gestures to the loose restraints on the victim's wrists and elbows. "These ropes are just for display. He wasn't bound-- there are no marks on his wrists, no signs of struggling or clawing..." Daniel trailed off.

Vincent looks at them with a weary expression. "He was compelled, Camille. Maybe Rich-Boy pissed off the wrong vampire." Vincent said. "I wouldn't be surprised." Daniel said. Cami does not seem happy with this possibility, but before they can discuss it further, Detective Kinney returns to get an update. "How are you guys doing over here? Tell me you got something." Will said. Cami, knowing she can't tell him the full truth, quickly begin to list some non-supernatural details. "It seems methodical. Precise. The wounds might have a special meaning to the killer. Not a formal ritual, but intentional. And, the things we do on purpose, we tend to repeat." Cami said.

Kinney does not seem overly pleased with this information either as the four of them continue to study the body. Daniel then turns to Cami. "I gotta go, I've got practice." Daniel said to her and she understood what he meant. "Yeah, go. Good luck." Cami said. "Thanks." Daniel said before leaving to go practice with his new power.

The Next Day ~ St. James Infirmary

Klaus' art exhibition is underway, and though there are no familiar faces, he seems to have drawn a large crowd. One middle-aged man looks at the painting of Genevieve laying naked in his bed and discusses the artwork with his two female companions. "It's a derivative fiasco-- little atmosphere, less technique. It's nothing more than a self-congratulatory ego trip." The man said. Nearby, Klaus is eavesdropping on the man's criticisms and watches him walk away. Daniel is stood with him as he also listened in. "Don't listen to him. He hasn't been around 1000 years." Daniel said. After a moment, Lucien appears out of nowhere and alerts Klaus his presence by speaking to him.

"I wouldn't expect you to host an art show without compelling the critics to speak your praise." Lucien said. "And I wouldn't expect an uncultured savage to crash such a formal affair." Klaus retorted. He smirks at Lucien, not unhappy to see him, and Lucien chuckles. "Yeah, not my usual scene." Lucien said. He looks over at the art critic from earlier, who has moved on to another painting. "Though, that mouthy blood bag does have a point. Your work is derivative--" Lucien said but was cut off. "Oh?" Klaus asked amused. "Of Degas, I'd say. Although, I happen to know that you compelled Degas to mentor you. I always thought his work improved after your influence." Lucien said.

Klaus gestures toward him and smiles. "Finally! Someone else with an eye for art!" Klaus said, including Daniel in the statement. "Well, live long enough and you develop a taste for it... among other things." Lucien said. He lowers his voice and leans toward Klaus. "Speaking of which, can we please have a drink? I am quite parched." Lucien said. Klaus laughs joyfully and throws his arm around Lucien's shoulders before leading him and Daniel to the bar. "By the way, who is this?" Lucien asked pointing at Daniel. "This my friend, is Daniel Salvatore." Klaus said. "Nice to meet you." Daniel said.

"Lucien Castle." Lucien said holding his hand out to shake. Daniel shook his hand and immediately saw his time with the Mikaelsons in France in 1002. Daniel let go of his hand and smiled at him. "So you've been around a long time." Daniel said. "Yes I have." Lucien said.

Later

Lucien, Daniel and Klaus are at the bar in the club, where they are reminiscing about their past as they drink copious amounts of liquor as Daniel heard the different stories they had. "Oh, Kol! Kol was a bloody loon! I loved it!" Lucien said. "I can agree with you on that." Daniel said. "Spent a while with I'm on the Other Side." Daniel said. Klaus laughs hysterically. "But Finn! Oh, Finn-- Finn was fine... as long as you didn't actually have to speak to him." Lucien said. "Have you spoken to her?" Klaus asked. "Who?" Lucien asked confused. Klaus raises his eyebrows suggestively, and Lucien suddenly realizes who he's talking about.

"Oh, you mean her." Lucien said. Lucien seems to be momentarily choked up at the memory. "As you well know, Aurora and I parted ways centuries ago." Lucien said. Klaus looks as though he's about to say something, but before he can, he sees Cami walk into the club. A server offers her a glass of champagne. "Champagne?" The server asked. Cami waved her hand. "No thanks." Cami said. Klaus claps Lucien on the shoulder and starts to walk toward her. "Please, excuse me, there's someone I need to speak to." Klaus said. "Hmm!" Lucien hummed intrigued. He turns to see where Klaus is going.

"Anyone tasty?" Lucien asked. "Stay here. Behave yourself!" Klaus said. "Always!" Lucien said. "Watch him." Klaus said to Daniel. "Got it." Daniel said. "So what exactly are you?" Lucien asked. Daniel looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" Daniel asked. "Are you a vampire or..." Lucien trailed off and Daniel realised what he was talking about. "I guess you could say that I'm a mix of things." Daniel said and Lucien looked intrigued. "Really?" Lucien asked. "I'm part vampire, part siphoner and part witch." Daniel said. "And what sire line are you descended from?" Lucien asked. "Klaus's." Daniel said. "Wow." Lucien said. "Yeah, I know." Daniel said taking a sip of his drink.

Later

The art show is over and the club is empty, save for Klaus and Daniel, who is sullenly drinking a glass of wine as he stares at the painting he made. After a moment, Lucien approaches them. "Your pretty friend seems to have fouled your mood." Lucien said. Klaus continues to chug his wine. "Why don't we go out? Paint the town... red, et cetera, et cetera." Lucien said. Klaus finally finishes off his wine before turning to Lucien, looking aggravated and slightly overwhelmed, which seems to frighten him a bit.

"Lucien-- what are you really doing in my city?" Klaus asked. Lucien looks momentarily embarrassed to be called out by Klaus, and he hesitates before speaking. "News has spread, old friend. Every vampire in the world knows you've been attacked. A number of times, nearly killed." Lucien said. "Trust me, I know. I had a front row seat to it." Daniel said. Klaus, clearly unhappy to hear someone say this, rolls his eyes and snarks back sarcastically. "Oh, well, I can assure you that all those who stood against me ended up either desiccated, dust, or dinner." Klaus said. Lucien laughs nervously and paces around.

"Yes, but... what if it had gone the other way, hmm? When Finn was killed, we all learned the truth-- the life of every vampire is linked back to the Original who begat the line. Kol's death confirmed it. Two entire lines of vampires wiped out! As you can imagine, the threat level doesn't sit well with those of us who remain." Lucien said. "Anyone fearing death as a result of my demise should come see me! I'll be happy to reassure them." Klaus said unamused.

"Of course. You and your siblings are mighty, indeed. Though, the attacks on you show that you are not completely invulnerable. While you've wallowed in your family affairs, your progeny have grown somewhat... restless. The world is a finite place, territory limited. And even ancient vampires are not above vicious turf-wars. What if I told you there's a growing conflict between the remaining three sirelines?" Lucien said nervously. Klaus looks scared but tries to hide it, and when he opens his mouth to speak, Lucien cuts him off. "Suppose one of them wanted to annihilate the other? By killing Elijah? Rebekah? You?" Lucien asked.

"So, you came all this way to deliver a warning?" Daniel asked skeptically. "Think about it! Kill an Original, wipe out an entire line of competition! A tempting goal, made more so by the fact that your family is divided and thus weaker than you have ever been!" Lucien said. Klaus, not willing to hear any more aspersions against the strength of himself and his family, gets in Lucien's face and hisses at him. "My family is hardly weak! In fact, we are unkillable-- the last of the white oak is gone." Klaus said. Lucien narrows his eyes at Klaus skeptically. "Are you so certain it's all gone? Every last splinter of it? Vanished for good?" Lucien asked. Klaus smirks at him before grabbing him by the back of the neck and squeezing it threateningly.

"Lucien, if you had even the slightest inkling any fragment of white oak still existed, of course you would tell me." Klaus said. Daniel walked over to him. "Easy, Klaus." Daniel said. He takes Klaus' hand and pulls it off his neck. "You are my sire. My fate is linked to yours. If you want to know what I do about the dangers you now face, trust me enough to come with me. There is something that you must see." Lucien said. "And bring your friend." Lucien said.

Later ~ Lucien's Penthouse

Klaus, Daniel and Lucien arrive at Lucien's new apartment complex, where they approach a pair of ornately carved and decorated front doors. Lucien turns back to Klaus and Daniel before opening the doors to allow him entry into the home he essentially stole from the realtor he killed earlier. "Please excuse the mess! I've been entertaining." Lucien said smirking. The three walk into Lucien's apartment, which is full of loud music and fancily-dressed people partying together. Some of them are vampires who are feeding on their human companions.

"Well, you never were one for subtlety." Klaus said amused. Lucien leads Klaus and Daniel into the master bedroom, where someone has set up a nearby table with what looks like spell materials, including lit white candles, various animal bones, and bowls full of herbs. Klaus looks at Lucien skeptically whereas Daniel looks at the materials, intrigued on what they've been used for. "You brought us here to have a seánce?" Klaus asked. Lucien closes the door behind them. "Something like that." Lucien said. A woman walks slowly into the room, and Lucien gestures toward her. "I present my personal forecaster, the lovely Alexis." Lucien said.

"Don't tell me you're here to scry some future portents of my doom?" Klaus asked Alexis. Lucien rolled his eyes. "Alexis is no back-alley palm-reader. She's an expert cipher-- patterns, trends, cycles... She does exceptionally well on the stock market, and never fails to guess the winner of The Bachelorette." Lucien said and Daniel laughed at the last one. Alexis walks over to Klaus and strokes his chest seductively as Lucien watches them. After a moment, she spreads her palm over his chest and focuses on it.

"Touch forward, isn't she?" Klaus asked. "I've heard so much about you. The famous hybrid. Your ancient heart beats strong indeed for someone in such danger." Alexis said. Klaus gave her a fake smile. "If you have a warning to deliver, love, best get on with it." Klaus said. Alexis shrugs, and Lucien helps her take off her shawl, revealing the black cocktail dress underneath. "By all means! But, if you want the most from the experience, I suggest you feed on me. As you do, I'll allow you into my mind." Alexis said. She brushes her hair off of her neck, baring her throat to him.

"You can see for yourself." Alexis said. Klaus laughs, and Lucien lifts Alexis' wrist to his mouth. "Come on, how long has it been since we shared a real drink?" Lucien asked. Lucien bites into her wrist and starts to feed, and Klaus, not to be outdone, bites into her neck. Daniel uses his Insight to tap into her mind. Though Alexis winces at first as they feed on her blood, she soon smiles as she begins speaking her prophecy in a low voice while they see the visions in her mind for themselves. She continues speaking the prophecy in voiceover as they get flashes of her visions.

"Drink deep, but beware-- what you broke is past repair." Alexis voiced over. The vision cuts to the Mikaelson compound's dining room, which has lit candles on the table and is set for a meal, but otherwise, the room is empty. Suddenly, Klaus appears and stands up at the end of the table to address Elijah, who is frowning and standing at the other end. Lucien sits on the left side and watches silently. Then, the table is shown to be completely trashed, and the room is darkened.

"All your oaths you betrayed, your sacred vows you've severed. And now you see that nothing last for always and forever." She said. The vision cuts over to the Mikaelson compound's living room, to where the wall of painted portraits of the Mikaelson siblings hang. The painting of Elijah from earlier is suddenly splashed by a fount of blood, which runs down the length of the painting, obscuring his face.

"Three yet remain, two already crossed-- yet, in one year's time, you'll all be lost." Alexis said. The vision cuts to a scene where Elijah got so upset at comments about Rebekah made by Finn (who was still possessing Vincent) that he threw him on the table and fed on him.

"As your family is undone, you will seed the beast that is to come." Alexis said. The vision flashes to what looks like a witch's grimoire, which is open to a page full of magical symbols and instructions, before cutting over to what looks like a very muscular man, who opens his mouth to growl, revealing extremely long and sharp fangs unlike any vampire seen thus far. Once Alexis' prophecy has been spoken, Klaus immediately stops feeding from her and grabs her in a choke-hold, causing Lucien to stop feeding as well and wipe the blood from his face. Daniel stood looking into her mind and focuses back on the real world.

"You think you can fool me with bad poetry and parlor tricks?" Klaus asked angrily. "My visions are conjured from you. The threat you face will be more clear the longer I am in your presence. Kill me, and you'll never see what's coming." Alexis said unamused. Klaus looks at Lucien, who seems worried, and after a moment, Klaus reluctantly lets go of her, though he continues to scowl angrily at her.

Later

Lucien, Klaus, Daniel and Alexis are still in his master bedroom. Lucien kisses the palm of Alexis' left hand, just above where he had fed from her wrist earlier, and smiles at her affectionately before walking toward Klaus and Daniel. Alexis silently walks away and leaves them to talk. "I told you-- something is coming. You'll need me." Lucien said. Klaus immediately becomes enraged by this statement and groans angrily before throwing him against the nearby wall. Daniel sighed at his actions. "I AM KLAUS MIKAELSON! I don't need anyone, nor will I be warned by lesser men!" Klaus shouted.

Lucien narrows his eyes at Klaus in annoyance as Klaus leans forward until his face is only inches from Lucien's. "I am the thing lesser men fear!" Klaus whispered. "Then act like it!" Lucien said smirking. Lucien chuckles and walks past Klaus, who seems both hurt and angry at this reaction. "Instead of doting on your pretty human girls and pouting about your family's disapproval! Yes, you are Klaus Mikaelson! You are the most ruthless, wicked beast to ever live!" Lucien said. Lucien points at Klaus and pokes him in the chest hard with his index finger.

"I came here to remind you of that. Because, quite frankly, I've been worried that you've lost a step." Lucien said. "I need no reminding of who I am. That truth has been clear to me for a thousand years." Klaus growled. "And, in those years, you've acquired countless enemies. And, with the sirelines at war, you now have mine as well." Lucien said. Lucien walks over to the window and looks out at the city as he leans against the wall. "Anyone who would kill me can now come after you. And, since I have so many rivals, and because I do not want to die, I beg you-- let me help you! From now on, I'm the only one you can trust!" Lucien said. Klaus considers this for a moment and hesitates before finally speaking. "I only trust one person. And it's not you." Klaus said quietly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.9K 2.5K 50
π“π‘πž 𝐌𝐒𝐀𝐚𝐞π₯𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐒𝐞𝐟. 𝐈𝐧 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐭, 𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐑𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐑𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐜𝐭...
222K 6K 79
A dark prophecy follows Sofia Gilbert all the way to New Orleans where more danger awaits her. She was promised a life of adventure and that's just w...
16.8K 428 12
[ ABANDONED ] "Living or dying. Which is better?" [ KOL MIKAELSON X OC ] [ TVD SEASON 3-4 ]