Loud Mouth - Narancia X Reader

By seasaltnlanterns

Y/N Kujo has little time for games and gangs on her exchange to Italy. She'd never dreamed of associating her... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 9

1.5K 57 23
By seasaltnlanterns

"He's a stand user!"

I can only stand at his side patiently as Koichi gathered his bearings from his obvious concussion.

"...Thanks for telling me, I didn't notice."

Koichi didn't respond, likely too busy in his own thoughts to reply to anything else.

This really wasn't all that surprising, from what I've heard. Mysterious boy with a mysterious transformation, who hangs around the mob and could possibly be my distant relative?

If that doesn't sound like "Stand User" to you, you may need to get your ears checked.

"Should I go after him?"

"No. It's not worth it," Koichi sighs, "he's already gone."

The short boy tossed his head from side to side, his neck stretching with an unpleasant crack.

He chuckles lightly, running a hand through his silver hair. "That kid took everything that I brought... I don't even have a cell phone to call Mr. Jotaro with."

"Oh." I let out a sigh of relief. "If that's what you're worried about, I just so happen to have a phone with Jotaro's number on it."

_ _ _ _ _

"Jotaro! It's me, Koichi!"

Static buzzed on the other side of the line.

"Oh, Koichi." Jotaro remarks, "you made it to Italy safely?"

"We found him! The one you sent me to find, Haruno Shiobana."

"...That was quick."

Koichi glances at me for a moment before continuing his conversation.

"Yeah, well I hope you're holding on to your hat... I ran into him at the airport, and we kind of had it out, and then I happened to run into your sister!"

My brother seemed, for the most part, uninterested in our meeting. Koichi waited for a moment, assuming that Jotaro would have something to say. When the other side of the line was silent, he decided to speak again.

"Well, let me tell you what I've found out," the boy said, "he's a stand user! In Italy, he goes by Giorno Giovana. It's just like you said, Mr. Jotaro; how stand users are somehow drawn to each other. Our meeting was completely by chance!"

"...Huh."

I motion towards Koichi, and he hands me my phone.

"He's only a student, but he's involved in some shady things. He stole Koichi's bag, and all of his money. I can't believe that I didn't catch this any sooner, I've known him for years." I say, "Plus, the photo's outdated. He's got blond hair now, and he didn't dye it. Though, I'd assume that this has something to do with his stand."

The silver-haired boy next to me hummed, and I held my phone out between us as he spoke. "Also, his stand may have the ability to reflect an enemy's very own attack right back at them."

"I'm sorry about all the trouble," Jotaro said, "I'll get you a hotel right away and wire you some money. Just hang tight."

"No," I responded, "Koichi could always stay at my apartment-"

He shakes his head at my remark. "I appreciate the offer, but I wouldn't want to intrude. Thank you, Mr. Jotaro!"

Koichi raises his hand, ready to press the 'end call' button on my phone. Before his finger can reach it, I hurriedly snatch it out of his hand.

"Wait a minute," I tell him, "How exactly are we connected to all of this, Jotaro?"

He replies with a short, blunt statement.

"I killed his father."

Koichi gasped.

"His name was Dio Brando."

"Did you say DIO?' Koichi askes, voice shaking, "As in, the bow and arrow DIO?"

"The very one... I found out this year about the possibility that DIO had a child, that's why I wanted to confirm whether Giorno Giovana was really his son." Jotaro confirmed in his monotone voice.

Koichi shook.

"But didn't his body belong to a Joestar?"

It was my turn to let out a loud, unabashed gasp.

My hands reflexively move to cover my mouth, my phone dropping to the stone floor. Koichi was quick to pick it up, being sure to hold the speaker outwards.

Jotaro must have been able to hear the exchange from the other end of the phone, and he directed his next statement towards me.

"You said he has blond hair. If his hair is blond, then that's DIO's bloodline. Now, be careful."

"What?"

"It may be a sign that his stand abilities were awakened recently. There must have been a catalyst, something that triggered it."

I clear my throat, trying to think of something, anything that has been off in the past few weeks. Besides my encounters with those boys at Libeccio, I can think of none.

He continued. "For example, it may be the effect of another stand user, a strong one, in his immediate proximity," he said. "Do not go near him. You've already been through too much already. It's too risky."

"But-"

"Got it?"

At that moment, a loud, incessant beeping emerged from my phone. I glanced at the monitor, and a large, flashing 'low power' warning was pasted on the screen.

"Um, one last thing," Koichi says quickly. "Do you think that he's-"

My phone stops beeping, and monitor goes blank. Koichi sighs, and I can't do much but offer a small, embarrassed smile. He hands my phone back to me, and I examine it with caution.

"Well, that's weird." I remark, "I swear that I just had this thing charging this morning."

The boy rubbed the back of his neck as he smiled back politely. "I'm no expert, but maybe the battery got pulled out of socket when you dropped your phone," he offered a possible answer to the problem.

Now, my phone isn't indestructible, but I would have thought that a small drop wouldn't have completely killed it.

"Yeah, you're probably right," I say, "I'm shit at this kind of stuff. I should probably just go and see if it can be fixed."

"Did you need my help?"

I shake my head. "No, but I guess that you'll need some money for the time being while Jotaro wires you."

I pull out my wallet, counting bills out and handing them to him. Koichi is hesitant for a moment, but eventually accepts them, bowing his head slightly.

"Thanks."

"It's no problem," I respond.

He stands straight, and we share an uncomfortable glance in a moment of silence.

He's the first one to speak.

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Y/N. I hope that we'll get to work with each other again." He laughs.

Koichi turns, walking down the street as I wave. I wait until he's around the corner to stop, sitting down on the ground with my back against the alley wall as I try to think of the nearest phone repair store.

"Shit," I laugh to myself, "maybe I'm not meant to be alone in a foreign country."

I sit against the wall for an unknown amount of time (considering my lack of a working phone or watch). My brain is occupied, one side wracking my memory for knowledge of any store that could help me and the other trying to comprehend the events that had just happened...

I guess my phone can wait. If anyone needs anything, they can always send me an email. Not that I read those either, though.

It takes me another minute to peel myself off the wall, using Giorno's tree as leverage before hauling my bag, which was thrown to the side during the one-sided fight, onto my shoulder. I turn back onto the main street, walking past the café's patrons, who sat at the tables outside like nothing had happened.

My walk home seems shorter than usual. Luca isn't there, to my relief, and I make it to my apartment with no issues. The door opens with a creak, and I drop everything at the entrance, not bothering to put them in their proper place.

A wave of an overwhelming emotion that I can't quite place washes over me, and I can do nothing but shuffle towards my small living room and sink into my armchair, contemplating the days events.

To think that this was all because Sophia managed to squirm out of our plans...

Actually, I don't want to think. I just want to sit here, for now. No stands, no mysterious people, and absolutely no conspiratorial connections to my family and our long and confusing family tree.

Right now, I'll sit.

Then, I'll think about the easiest way to explain to my Grandma that I broke my phone.

_ _ _ _ _

A/N: Unedited, sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.3K 899 18
You're a foreign exchange student and things soon take an interesting turn when you unexpectedly become familiar with the school's well-known bad-b...
13.1K 407 35
giorno giovanna x f!reader y/n l/n, strikes a deal with the Don of passione. slowly the two mafia bosses fall for one another. part 1; finished star...
17.9K 650 20
In which an idiot meets another idiot Or In which Mista fights alongside his future wife Mista x Fem!Reader THIS IS DEFINITELY PART CRACKFIC Disclaim...
2.4K 151 10
You thought that he was just another boy with blonde hair in italy, but when you met him, you were sure. You were sure that this boy was HIS child. Y...