My Mystery Man

By chika_flaka

Ariana is a normal 17 year old girl who is shy and nervous when it comes to guys. Until she begins to hear hi... More

My Mystery Man Chapter One
My Mystery Man
My Mystery Man
My Mystery Man
My Mystery Man
My Mystery Man
My Mystery Man
My Mystery Man Chapter Two
My Mystery Man Chapter Three
My Mystery Man Chapter Four
My Mystery Man Chapter Six
My Mystery Man Chapter Seven
My Mystery Man Chapter Eight
My Mystery Man Chapter Nine
My Mystery Man Chapter 10
My Mystery Man Chapter 11
My Mystery Man Chapter 12

My Mystery Man Chapter Five

952 17 15
By chika_flaka

Chapter 5

Jasons POV

I looked around the cafeteria for Ariana, but I didn’t see her. Her friend Lexi was sitting by herself, poking at her food, her head down.

I wondered what had happened to Ariana.

“Hey Jason, have you seen Ariana?”

I heard from behind me, I turned to see Romeo, Arianas brother.

“No, we did have 1st period together, but after that I haven’t” I replied

“Well, okay. There is only one place she can go right now” he stated

“Really, where is that?” I asked

“The cemetery” he answered with a hint of sadness in his voice.

“Oh” was all I could manage to say.

I didn’t know what else to say, all I could do was look awkwardly around the cafeteria, obviously Romeo noticed because he said,

“Yeah, well, I gotta go get my lunch”

And with that he walked away from me.

I kept wondering why she had left school to go to the cemetery, but I didn’t want to read her thoughts.

Maybe I should go see her, I thought to myself.

But I acted on impulse and made my way, slowly to the cafeteria doors unseen.

It was raining once again, this was good weather for me. I walked briskly to my car. Once I was seated inside, I leaned my head on the steering wheel. I closed my eyes in concentration.

I could see her standing in front of someone’s tombstone. She was soaking wet and crying. I opened my eyes breaking the mind connection, and started my car.

I sped out of the parking lot, and drove to the cemetery as fast as I could. It took me at least 30 minutes to get there. I had last minute second thoughts, as to whether I should go to her, or not.

I let out a frustrated sigh, because I was having conflicting thoughts. But I got out of my car, a little hesitant. I wondered what she would think of me being her. I made my way slowly to her, I stood behind her.

“Ariana” I whispered

She turned around quickly to face me, hastily wiping her teary red eyes.

“Wh-What are you doing here, Jason?” she asked shivering.

“I didn’t see you at lunch, and Romeo told me where you might be, so I decided to come and see if you were okay” I answered honestly.

She just nodded her head, while I fought the urge to wrap my arms around her. So I just stood there with my arms at my side.

“I come here when I feel confused, or just to say what’s been going on in my life” she whispered after a long silence.

I remained quiet,

“Me and my dad had the best relationship in the world, I could go to him for anything. I loved him, and I hate that he’s gone.”

“I miss him so much” she said bursting into tears.

Her whole body was shaking, the only thing I could do to comfort her, was to wrap my arms around her.

I felt this deep wave of sadness wash over me, she woke so many feelings inside me, feelings that I thought I would never feel again. I knew that I would anything not to lose her.

She slowly turned around to face me.

“You know, before my dad died I was the queen bee, the head cheerleader. When he died, I sunk into a deep depression, all my friends forgot about me, besides Lexi”

“That’s when I started to judge myself and my appearance, because all the girls I thought were my friends, teased me and brought my self-esteem to an all time low”

She paused slightly to look me directly in the eyes.

“Now, you know why I think you should find someone else. You’re to good for me”

I put my finger to her lips to silence her for a minute.

“ I don’t care what people would say, the only thing that matters to me, is your happiness”.

“But I’m not destined to be happy, Jason, please understand that” she said slowly turning her head away from me.

At this point, I had to make her know, she was the only one for me. I did not care how long it took.

“This is one of those times I could go to my dad for advice, there is so many things going on in my head”

“And nobody would understand, not even you Jason”

“Why don’t you tell me what’s going on?” I asked her

“If I tell you, you’re going to think I’m some kind of nut case”

“Try me” was all I said.

“Well the day before I saw you at school I…” she paused looking around

“You what?”

“Umm, never mind”

“Well, I’m going to tell you something, okay” I stated

She just looked at me with a nervous expression, as she slowly nodded her head yes.

“Its me Ariana” I whispered

She looked at me confused then bewildered then confused again.

“What, wait, it can’t be” she exclaimed

Its true Ariana its me.

“I wouldn’t lie to you Ariana” I whispered to her.

“No” she screamed at me,

“It can’t be, the voice in my head isn’t real, it’s a figment of my imagination”

I framed her face with both hands gently, and I looked into her tear filled eyes

“Please, believe me Ariana, I would never lie to you”

“But how can I trust you, I’ve only known you a couple of days?” she questioned me

“Because … I just wouldn’t okay” I stated

She just stood there looking at me, taking everything in. She had fear in her eyes.

But I was shocked when she fell to her knees, sobs wracking her body once again. She looked so vulnerable, her head in her hands. I knelt down in front of her.

I reached out to place my hand on her shoulder tentatively.

“I wish my father were here, he was my rock, my strength and he was my best friend” she said still sobbing.

I didn’t know what to say to comfort her,

So instead I stood up, then I bent over and brought Ariana to a standing position once again. She didn’t even have the strength to stand up on her own. So I wrapped my arms around her. She rested her head on my chest, calming down.

She looked up at me,

“Why are you being so nice to me, Jason?” she asked me after a long silence.

“Because (brief pause) Eres la otra parte de mi corazon” (you’re the other half of my heart)

I looked her right in the eyes, as I said this.

She looked at me her eyes wide

“I didn’t know you spoke Spanish” she whispered.

“I only use it to be more romantic” I smirked

“Very funny, but that was hermoso (beautiful)” she told me with a small smile

“So are you feeling better?” I asked her

“Yeah, a little, I still don’t believe you about you being the voice in my head”

“Well, you will, because when I’m not near you, that’s how I will communicate with you”

“I don’t want you to, it kind of creeps me out, and the whole reading my thoughts too, its scary”

“Okay then I won’t read your thoughts but I still want to talk to you”

“Fine” she said defeated

She turned back around and placed her hand on her dads tombstone,

“Bye Dad, I’ll come back soon” she whispered

“Can you talk to everybody in their heads?” she asked me as she walked to her car.

“No, only the person you have a deep connection with, that’s how I found you, I felt your pain”

“But why, out of all the other girls in the entire world, it had to be me” she said exasperated.

“I’m sorry Ariana, there is no turning back now. Besides I know you miss my whispers in your mind”

“You’re so full of it, Jason” she said a small smile forming on her lips

“Full of love, for you my Ariana” I whispered into her ear softly causing her to shiver.

“I think your way in over your head” she said frowning.

“I know, but you’ll fall in love with me someday” I replied with a smirk on my face.

“So… will you go out with me, Ariana?” I asked her

She was standing beside her car now, studying me. She sighed deeply, blushing that deep red.

“Yes” she whispered

“No way, really?” I asked shocked

“Sure why not, I’ve turned you down enough already. I don’t want to hurt you male ego”

“Well, okay, can you give me your number so I can text you?” I asked her

She looked at me for a minute, then quickly gave me her phone number.

“Just to make sure, we are going as friends okay” she said

“Of course” I replied.

For now I would have to deal with that, but I was glad she had accepted to go on a date with me.

Let the wooing begin, I thought to myself.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow at school” she said before opening the door to her car.

“Yeah , sure but no ditching again” I told her

I quickly got in my car, because I couldn’t take anymore rain. I was completely drenched.

As I drove home, I thought to myself, I have to find the perfect place to take her. I drove like a mad man. Once I got home, I parked my car in the garage. I stepped out of my car, I could sense him inside my house again.

I regretted changing him myself, because the vampire who changes someone shares each others thoughts. But I couldn’t read Williams that’s why I didn’t know of his and Daniella’s betrayal, he could block his thoughts as for me I couldn’t.

I walked cautiously inside, expecting him to attack me. But much to my surprise, he was seated casually on the couch.

“Well, well, its about time you came home, Jason” he said

“What do you want, William, I don’t have time for this?” I asked him

He stood up slowly almost menacingly and walked towards me slowly,

“I thought I told you to leave Ariana alone, Jason”

“You already took away one woman I cared about, I’m not letting you take Ariana away from me” I snapped

We stood there fangs bared waiting to see which one of us attacked first. I was a lot faster and stronger than William. He of course attacked first, but I dodged his blow and landed a punch to his jaw. Causing his head to snap back, he recovered quickly growling.

He attacked again, but I stepped aside letting him crash into the wall.

“William, just give up your no match for me” I said calmly

“We shall see” he spat out

Before he lunged at me again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 15.2K 91
Elina, a 23 year old girl who was beautiful, intelligent, smart, hard working and full of enthusiasm. She had everything that a perfect lady should h...
981 97 26
The Heat Between Us Her mother left her at a young age and she was in a Abusive relationship...until she killed him.. All she does is work until her...
4.6K 105 91
Ariana is a normal 18 year old girl that has a good reputation until she hears a scream and being the good girl that she was ran to help only to come...
421K 7.6K 36
Adalee is a normal 17 year old girl she is a senior in high school, she has many friends, is on the dance team, her family is rich, and is very smart...