βœ“ the hooded princess β€’ kim s...

By minthannie

"my life is full with secrets, and you know everything." min eunkyung- a princess should behave with grace, t... More

before you read ^-^
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y o n e
t w e n t y t w o
t w e n t y t h r e e
t w e n t y f o u r
t w e n t y f i v e
t w e n t y s i x
t w e n t y s e v e n
t w e n t y e i g h t
t w e n t y n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y o n e
t h i r t y t h r e e
β™‘
t h i r t y f o u r
t h i r t y f i v e
t h i r t y s i x
t h i r t y s e v e n
t h i r t y e i g h t
t h i r t y n i n e
f o r t y
f o r t y o n e
f o r t y t w o
f o r t y t h r e e
f o r t y f o u r
f o r t y f i v e
f o r t y s i x
f o r t y s e v e n
f o r t y e i g h t
f o r t y n i n e
f i f t y
f i f t y o n e
f i f t y t w o
f i f t y t h r e e
f i f t y f o u r
f i f t y f i v e
f i f t y s i x
f i f t y s e v e n
f i f t y e i g h t
f i f t y n i n e
s i x t y
r y u n i v e r s e
s i x t y o n e
s i x t y t w o
s i x t y t h r e e
b o n u s c h a p t e r
w h a t i f ?
w h a t i f # 1

t h i r t y t w o

776 46 35
By minthannie

The day ended pretty fast. What people say are true. Time flies fast when you are enjoying the day with your favourite person.

Any types of favourite person. A friend, a best friend, a family member, a crush, a significant other. These people could make you feel the time is jealous of your relationship. And Eunkyung wished the jealousy does not exist in it.

She wanted to spend more time with her friend.

It was already late evening. In a few minutes the sun will set to rest and pass the job to the moon to take over the sky, to tell people it's resting time so give your body a few hours to calm down after a tiring day, and it is never weak to fall asleep.

The arch of the town came into vision. A tired smile appeared on her lips as she spotted a familiar figure waiting by the entrance, reading a book while leaning on the horse. She approached him, and got down from Winter.

"Have you been waiting long?"

Seungmin looked up from his book and stood straight. He shook his head, "Just an hour. Is that long?"

"It is."

"Well for girls it isn't. They take plenty of time to get ready."

The princess scoffed, "You're really good at annoying people." she dragged Winter with the lead line and Seungmin did the same to Jasper.

He noticed the tiara on top of her head. That caught his attention as he had never seen her wearing it. For years he had been seeing her from afar, never once he saw it. Even when attending royal ceremonies, the princess was never in the same room as him so he did not get the chance to see it.

The tiara was beautiful. It complimented her beauty more with her graceful braid and dress. The stones were light lavender shade and the one on the top had a slightly darker color than the rest. As the sun shines, it reflected a glowing purple that attracted people around them to watch. Watch the princess being effortlessly beautiful just by walking with a white horse.

He could feel the heart skipped a beat. Seungmin focused back on the road, putting on a void face. He was not supposed to be thinking about this. He promised himself not to, at least not now.

At least until everything is settled.

Ah, right. "Your highness, you might want to get to the castle as soon as possible."

The princess hummed, "Why?"

"I heard the knights found someone else living in Jisung's house right now. It might be the suspect coming back."

With that, she got on Winter. "Let's go."

"You are not going to his house, Your highness." Seungmin said as he sat on Jasper. "Since he is here, I need to make sure you're home safe."

Eunkyung let out a sighed. She already saw this coming and there's no use in going against him. "I'm just going to talk with father."

The two friends made their way to the castle. Winter galloped faster than Jasper that they left Seungmin behind, entering the entrance of the castle hurriedly. Jasper slowed down while Seungmin huffed. He could only pray the talk between her and the king goes well.

"Father!" Eunkyung rushed to the office. She bumped into some knights at the door earlier, indicating that their leader must be talking with the king right now. However, the princess ignored the fact and barged in to see Haknyeon standing with fists clenching on both sides.

"My princess," the king lightly gasped. "Why are you suddenly barging in?"

"Father, I heard that the suspect is in Han's right now. Are we going to catch him?"

The king exchanged glances with Haknyeon, who had his ears red from holding back anger. Then he returned to his princess, "I'm afraid not, darling."

"But why–" Eunkyung groaned, finally understanding the reason why Hanyeon looked so mad right now. "Father, that guy is bringing so much discomfort to us right now. The town people might do not know about this so they are not aware of this. We cannot let him be free!"

"As I said, my daughter. As long as we don't have witnesses we cannot do that. He is a citizen here."

"You're being so kind toward the suspect yet letting the villagers die every month!"

The room fell silent. Eunkyung breathed heavily as her father's expression has changed. She was slightly terrified but as long as the main suspect is not executed, she will not move from her stance.

"Haknyeon, leave."

The man bowed and left, leaving the father and the daughter alone.

The king rubbed his face with his big hands. "We have talked about this."

"And I am not agreeing with what you are doing."

"I do not need your approval in this."

"Well, you do! If you are not going to do anything then I'm doing it myself." she said firmly and turned to leave. However, what the king said afterwards halted her steps.

"I have no choice other than grounding you if you rebel against me one more time."

That set her heart on fire.

The girl turned back to him and scoffed. At this point she almost lose her respect for the man who had ruled the kingdom for years. She's aware of what her father capable of but decided to take the risk.

"All you know is grounding me. Have you asked me why I did that?"

"This is for your safety, Eunkyung. For our family's safety."

"Have you ever considered my feelings when I see Mina died in front of me and mourn over Sonia's death? Has everyone ever told me the truth about Han? About Seungmin? All you guys ever said to me was to stay away from Han without telling me why! And asked Seungmin to look after me as if I am a child? Acting like you just knew him this year when in fact you've known him since before I came?" she blurted out, immediately silencing the king. "Everyone has secrets they keep from me! Why?! Am I not a family member too?"

Her voice echoed in the enormous soundproof office and followed by small sobs. Eunkyung quickly wiped her cheeks as she didn't even realise she was crying in front of her father.

She barely cried in front of him. The last princess often hide her emotions from her family. She was not like Eunhee, who's openly showing different sides of her – talking about her crush Minho and sometimes cry. She was not like Eunji, her second sister who's always loud and the mood maker between them four. She was not like Eunsoo, a sister she adored so much because of her calm demeanour and the peacemaker between the sister.

She's just... Eunkyung. The last princess who her family sees her as a rebellious kid. Attending homeschool for a week because she got caught joining the swording class, creating chaos in the town by chasing the suspect, getting scolded for hurting Seungmin with the bullet, and probably more that she couldn't list down. Maybe because of that, her father won't take her request in consideration.

"I cannot find the one who killed Mina, but please, at least do something as he's the suspect of being the murderer of the villagers. He even tried to abduct me once, why can't you see?"

"That's the sole reason why you did all of this and danger yourself." the father concluded after a long silence. Eunkyung shot her head up in anger.

"I had to cover myself with a fake name because I don't want anyone to know I am a princess who's desperate for a revenge. And none of you supported me, except for the hood that covered me all the time. It wouldn't be a danger if you let me join the swording class in the first place."

The king slammed his hand on the desk. That action startled her. "None of my daughter will involve themselves in such a dangerous act. You cannot sword fight with any enemies."

"I want Mina's justice. If I can't find it then I want the villager's." she stood firm. "And I need to know about Han as well."

Seungmin saw the knights coming out but none of them look hurried. He just watched in confusion as they headed to the opposite way of the nearest neighborhood.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"Is the king not doing anything...?"

Glancing to the castle's main entrance and the knights, he pulled the lead line and changed ways. He wanted to make sure if the suspect was really in Jisung's house or it's just a rumor.

It didnt't take long for him to arrive. The male got of Jasper and slowly approached Jisung's house quietly. He could see dim light illuminating a room from the window. Turning around, he did not see anyone there so he stepped on the stairs and took a peek through the glass.

creak...

He jolted backwards but the main door remained closed. Just then he heard water running from the back of the house. Seungmin was hesitant but he went there anyways, only to see the man he chased a few days ago was washing a dirty plate.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. why would he wash it outside?

The newcomer's presence was sensed by the man. He sighed and stood straight, "What, young boy?"

Seungmin's eyes scanned him from head to toe. He didn't seem shabby like he thought he would be. After days of living in who knows where, he came clean. This added to his suspicion more. On top of that, his injured leg was bandaged with a clean white wrap.

Maybe he cleaned it as soon as he arrives, Seungmin thought. "Is Jisung inside?"

"Aren't you that boy?" the older furrowed his eyebrows.

Seungmin gave him a questioning look, "You bumped into the other day, yes."

"No, no. You are..." he pointed his finger shakily.

That was when Seungmin remembered the reaction this man had when they met for the first time the other day. "Have we met before that day?"

He didn't get any answer when the man suddenly dropped the plate. It shattered. In a swift movement, he reached for a metal pole and swung it to Seungmin's direction.

"Woah–" Seungmin took out the sword that was hung on his waist and blocked it. His eyes widened in surprise before the man screamed, going for another attack.

what in the world–?

CLANG!

He managed to dodge the sudden attack and grasped the metal pole tightly. His right hand moved the sword to the man's waist but it got blocked with a hand, and immediately bled.

"What are you doing?"

Seungmin's head shot to the left. Jisung stared at them weirdly. "Really, now? Put that down, Yunseo."

There was a moment of eye contact session between Seungmin and the so-called Yunseo. Mad at the sudden fight, Seungmin pulled his sword and Yunseo let out a loud groan as it slits his skin more. The pole dropped of the ground.

"What is this?" Jisung stepped down the stairs and spotted the shattered plate near the pipe.

"Idiot! Go get me the kit!" Yunseo yelled but he didn't flinch.

"Get inside, I will treat you later." the younger calmly spoke. Yunseo was about to rage but then he looked at Seungmin, and ran into the house. The door slammed shut.

"So that's Yunseo."

"I thought it is obvious." Jisung shrugged, stepping over the shards as if they were nothing.

"Where was he all this time?"

He raised both of his shoulder, "Am I supposed to know? I don't think so."

Maybe coming here will not do any help to Seungmin. Jisung obviously did not want to cooperate with whatever he was going to ask. Seeing Jisung casually kicking the broken plate away, Seungmin decided to go straight to the point – even though it was most likely impossible.

"Why now?"

Jisung hummed. "What now?"

"Why are you taking actions now despite have been with her for years?"

The shorter stopped walking and turned his head to Seungmin, "I didn't do anything. Yunseo did."

"In the woods."

"Ah," he nodded. "The day she hurt me?"

"Han Jisung if you're not saying anything now I am reporting you for murdering Mina–"

"That was years ago, when I was a minor. They cannot charge me," he snickered as he stopped in front of the taller. "And do you know why Yunseo was so close to kill you? Because you were there, witnessing him ending Mina's life. I could do that to you right now, you know."

"I am not the only one–"

"Of course, Eunkyung was there too. I was sooo close to bring her home, unconscious if it was not you who helped her in the woods. That's a shame." the guy faked a pout.

So he didn't know about Felix.

"You know what, Seungmin," Jisung sighed with a mocking frustrated face. "Even if you tell Eunkyung this, she won't do anything. Even the king! He does not dare to touch Yunseo so don't waste your time in digging more information from me. I pity that effort."

Burning flames arose in his chest when Jisung giggled. He clutched his sword tighter to hold himself back from swinging it and chop his head off.

"You just cannot let go of the past. My man, the past is in the past, and there is no use in dwelling with it." Jisung smiled sickeningly sweet.

"It's Eunkyung who wants to know and get revenge. She's been trusting you for years and–"

"You don't say," the guy cut him off. "And I have been delaying this for years too."

"You haven't told me the reason."

"It's simple." he fished his both hands in the pockets. "I love her."

The confession struck Seungmin. His eyes showed drastic change, shocked, while Jisung's smile faded.

"I could delay what Yunseo wants for ten more years just for her, but you just had to come and talk to her, and stick around her like a lousy bodyguard. I have no choice but to do it now. Also, she's turning 19 soon. I'm sure you know the history of this kingdom, of who's the initial ruler clan so why not helping Yunseo getting what he wants?" he chuckled, "And you know what, Seungmin?"

Said guy visibly gulped.

"I don't want to kill you too, because you're my friend," he took a step closer and looked at him dead in the eyes, "But if you made a move on Eunkyung I will surely do, because I have treasured her for years long before you do."

The atmosphere between them was tense. Seungmin could hardly breathe at the threat but managed to croak out a few words, "Why are you working with him?"

The smile returned on his face as he stepped back. "Easy, I volunteered."

"That's a lie."

"We are not that close that you can know me well, Kim Seungmin." he snickered while walking to the door. "But don't act like I am the only bad guy here, because you didn't tell her the truth in the very first place about me. As she said in the presentation, the tree is the biggest enemy,

and you, my friend, is the tree."

With that, the door shut.

Seungmin let out the breath he didn't know he held for a long time. He closed his eyes and clicked his tongue worriedly. Quickly, he went to Jasper and returned home.

At least now it's confirmed Yunseo was the guy who attacked us years ago.

Explained why he's afraid of me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.2K 1.7K 23
COMPLETED A story about villains ❝I didn't love you Heeseung,❞ Luna said as she sat on her knees in front of the throne. ❝I figured that much alread...
403K 12K 18
onlyfans? did the seemingly innocent seungmin secretly have a freaky side? hyunjin quickly put seungmin's phone back on the desk, his face flushing a...
183K 5.2K 37
[MAFIA AU] In a dangerous country where gangs lurk in every corner, KIM YUN-YEONG runs into LEE KNOW, the boss of the most dangerous gang in Korea. S...
191K 11K 49
"no one knows we are fake dating so it should be easy to break up, right?" -but oh boy, he loved you ever since before you guys date how is it gonna...