Unwavering (Ichika Nakano x M...

By Franzel_Red

Volume 1: The story is set in the 3rd year of high school for Ichika Nakano. It's the moment where Fuutarou f... More

Author's Notes
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Cutting Ties
Chapter 2 - A Friend in Need
Chapter 3 - Realization
Chapter 4 - A Recollection of the Past
Chapter 5 - Photograph
Chapter 6 - Gamble
Chapter 7 - Acceptance
Chapter 8 - Moving back
Chapter 9 - Pool
Chapter 10 - Deal
Chapter 11 - Fix you
Chapter 12 - Intimacy
Chapter 13 - Family Matters
Chapter 14 - Easing up
Chapter 15 - Preparations
Chapter 16 - The Sunrise Festival
Chapter 17 - 2nd day of the Sunrise Festival
Chapter 18 - The Quintessential Quintuplets💛💜💙💚❤️
Chapter 19 - Festival's End
Vol 2. Prologue - Wish
Vol 2. Ch. 21 - Anew
Vol 2. Ch 22 - Departure
Vol. 2 Ch 23 - Adapt
Vol 2. Ch 24 - Too close for comfort
Vol. 2 Ch. 25 - Trust
Vol. 2 Ch. 26 - Camping Trip
Vol. 2 Ch. 27 - Realization
Vol. 2 Ch. 28 - What Lies Behind
Vol. 2 Ch. 29 - Thoughts
Vol. 2 Ch. 30 - Viewpoint
Vol. 2 Ch. 31 - Compromise
Vol. 2 Ch. 32 - A Recollection of her Past
Vol. 2 Ch. 32.1 - Love, Lies, and Sins
Vol. 2 Ch. 32.2 - Regrets and Reconciliation
Vol. 2 Ch. 32.3 - Three Words; Two People; One Mother
Vol. 2 Ch. 33 - Uneasiness
Vol. 2 Ch. 34 - Cope
Vol. 2 Ch. 35 - As the End Begins
Vol 2. Ch 36 - Your dream for me
Vol. 2 Ch. 37 - Her Children
Vol. 2 Ch. 38 - As Their World Caves In
Vol. 2 Ch. 39 - Fleeting Moments
Vol. 2 Ch. 40 - Grateful
Unwavering

Chapter 20 - What lies ahead

1K 70 6
By Franzel_Red

A/N:
-Featuring "Sanctuary" by Joji
-I highly recommend that you guys listen to the song once it takes play later on this chapter
-Chapter art owned by "monメ" from Pixiv
************************************************************************

[(Y/N)'s POV]

The confusion in my girlfriend's eyes says a lot about how surprising my declaration was to her. I held her hand and try to pull her close to me.

"I know this feels really sudden but this was something that's a bit long overdue."

"I'm sorry hon, I was just a bit surprised."

"It's okay, I mean, no normal person will just go out and say they'll be changing their surname all of a sudden."

"Yeah... But what brought about this decision?"

"Well, as I was saying earlier, this was something that spark a bit of an issue for me when I spent the weekend with my mother in Tokyo. I met her spouse..."

"I see, yeah, I remember now. We were all caught up with the Sunrise Festival that we somehow overlook the family matter of yours. But how was it though? We haven't had the chance to talk about it in full detail."

"I can say it was okay. My mother's new spouse is named Maro Yazawa. He sounded alright to me. He was even excited to support me for my college; so was my mother. But there's something I just can't accept."

"And what is that?"

"He said that it would be great if I use his surname..."

"I see... That would mean..."

"Yeah, for me, it would feel like setting aside my father's last name and just accepting what happened is like a gut punch for everything that I've been through. So I thought, since I'll most likely change my surname, why not use Grandma's and Yuko's..."

"That's pretty much understandable but would that post some concerns with your relationship towards mother and your new dad?"

"I don't know but I'm sure that I wouldn't be using Yazawa as a last name..."

"If that's what you decided upon then I'll support you all the way hon."

"Thanks Hon. Though I know it would take some time for my friends and family, someday they'll get used to calling me by my new surname."

"And that is?"

"Katori"

"Hmmm... 'Katori-kun'... Well, that's their concern since I'll still call you hon, or whatever I like!" She giggled and hugged me tightly.

While spending some time lazing around together watching TV, someone opened the door and came in.

"(Y/N)? You home?" Yuko asked while she was trying to head over to the living room.

"Hey, Yuko! I'm here!"

"Okay, that's good to—Hi there!" Yuko's eyes lit up when she saw Ichika just leaning towards me.

Ichika got up from her seat and gave Yuko a bow.

"Hello Yuko-san, it's nice to meet you"

"Hey hey! Don't be so formal!" She hugged Ichika as if they were friends for years. "Nice to meet you too! Has my nephew treating you all good?"

"Yes, he certainly does" she winked at me

"What does that mean!?" 

"Great! He just seems like an uptight person sometimes but he's good." Yuko commented.

"Yeah, I can agree. I guess he's just being careful with the people around him which I can't blame him for." Ichika replied while Yuko put down her things.

"So, what do you guys want for dinner?" Yuko asked us.

"Anything will do as long as it's not Shiitakes" Ichika replied.

"I see, but how about you (Y/N)?"

"I miss eating some Tonkatsu!"

"Well, let me see if we have some pork." Yuko head over to the fridge to check. "Hmm... It looks like we've run out of ingredients"

"That's fine! We'll just have it delivered here then!" I suggested since I don't feel like going out right now after driving almost the whole day.

"Okay then! But your treat!" Yuko teased.

"Sure sure!" We all chuckled and Yuko got changed.

After Yuko got changed, she went back to the living room while we were waiting for the food.

"So Ichika-chan..." Yuko's face looks like she's about to ask a lot of questions.

"Hey Yuko... Try to go easy on Ichika with your questions..."

"What...!? I haven't asked anything yet!!" She pouted.

"I—It's okay hon. I don't mind" Ichika replied.

"Wooow! That's so sweeeet! It sure is fun to be young!"

"You say things like that as if you're that old. You're just like in your mid-twenties..."

"Yeah right! I still have a lot of years for my age to still fit on a calendar! I just hope that I'll have someone special too before that happens..."

"You're really pretty Yuko-san. I'm sure you will" Ichika mentioned.

"Oh Ichika-Chan...! I love you already!!!"

Ichika just chuckled and we continued to wait for the food to arrive.

"It looks like it's here. Let me get it." I stood up from my seat and tried to get the food.

After I got back, I saw Ichika blushing red and Yuko looked like she's asking her something.

"Yuko... What did you ask Ichika..."

"Hmm? Nothing! It's nothing!! Don't worry about it!" She gave me a suspicious smile.

"It doesn't look like nothing though..."

"It's okay hon! Don't worry about it!" Ichika assured me.

"Yeah! It's girls talk so you shush!"

I just shrugged. "Fine... Here's the food, let's go eat."

I prepared the food and settled it on the table so the three of us can finally have dinner.

"Yuko, Ichika will be sleeping here tonight."

"Yeah sure! I wouldn't mind! I'll just put my earphones on later!"

Ichika's face turned red after what Yuko's said.

"Yuko...!?"

"Just kidding!" She gave me a 'tee-hee'.

"Aren't you old for that!?"

We just continued to eat dinner. Some time passed after finishing dinner, Yuko proceeded to her room.

"Hon, you can just take a seat on the couch and I'll just take it from here." I smiled at Ichika.

"Are you sure? Let me help."

"You're my guest so I don't mind"

"But you're also doing this kind of thing when you're at my hotel. You're the one who cleans everything up"

"Well, that's okay with me. It's my way to show my care for you..."

"Oh you..." She gave me hugged and went back to the living room.

After I finished washing the dishes, I head to where Ichika was and I saw her just taking a nap on the couch. It was already evening and it was Ichika so it's no surprise. I sat beside her.

"Sleepyhead..." I smiled at her while I brush her hair.

"Hon...? Sorry about that..."

"Hey it's alright, you can just take a nap here or we can just go to my room if you like so you can sleep there."

She then got up and her face drew closer to my ear.

"Are you sure you just want me to sleep? Nothing else...?"

I was taken aback by what she just said. I've been with her for quite some time now and her teasing still gets to me.

"Kidding! I don't want Yuko-san to think anything of me."

I just chuckled at what she said. "Oh hon, if you're not sleepy yet, there's something I want to show you"

"Really? What is it?"

I grabbed her hand and we went to my room which was on the second floor of grandma's house.

"Hon... aren't you being assertive right now...?" She was red while looking at me.

"That's not it... But come with me."

I opened the window and helped her to get outside. There's a way for us to get to the roof through my window.

"There we go... Wait, let me set it up properly."

I asked her to wait for me since I'll be getting some blankets and pillows to cover the part where we'll be sitting at. I also played some music on my phone while we were at it.

"Okay, you can seat here."

"Yeah hon, thank you. Why did you bring me here?" She asked while taking a seat beside me.

"Well, I just want to look at the stars with you tonight. Though there's not a lot of them right now."

"That's okay, as long as I'm spending time with you." She just smiled at me.

"Yeah, my dad used to take me here. He's the one who taught me how to get on the roof. We just sit here at some nights eating some ice cream while gazing into the endless sky"

"I see, are you okay? Is something the matter?" Ichika started to look concerned.

"Oh, don't worry hon, it's nothing. I just thought it would be nice to just talk to you like this."

"Okay, that's a relief. But if you have something on mind just tell me okay?"

"Yeah, I will don't worry. But I just thought it would be good to talk about our plans in the future."

"Okay then, since we're talking about plans, how many kids would you want to have?" Ichika teasingly asked me out of nowhere.

"I supposed two? Or maybe three?"

"Wow, you better take care of me when that happens then! Where do you plan on living though? Do you want us to live here or somewhere like Tokyo?"

"I'm not really a fan of the city life. I'm good with just living a peaceful life with my family, away from the noise, and just having a relaxing time after work."

"I see, well, that works for me too. So when we'll we get married then?"

I wasn't able to reply right away. I took a big gulp and I tried to answer her question.

"Just kidding!" She then let out a laugh. "Sorry hon! I was just messing with you! You were being too serious! I know we'll get there. No pressure okay?" She smiled at me.

"How about you? What are your plans? I mean besides being the famous Japanese actress which you already are starting to be."

"Well, if possible, I want to visit a lot of places with you. I mean, this would be a long shot but if I can be with you wherever I go, that would really be nice."          

"Yeah, since you'll pretty much pursue your passion with acting, I on the other hand will most likely go to college as everyone else would."

"I see, but is that really what you want? I mean, that's okay though if that's what you decided."

"Yeah, I was planning to just study here but it looks like it would benefit the two of us in the long run if I go to a university in Tokyo and pursue my studies there. I guess... there's just something that's bothering me..."

"As I thought hon... I knew you wouldn't be talking to me like this if nothing was up... You can tell me..." I felt her warm hand holding on to mine.

"Sorry... It's just that, you're already a rising star and I'm really proud of you. Who knows, this is just the start of your great career."

"I hope so too, but what's the concern?"

"Well, you'll be Ichika, a famous actress, and then what? Your partner is just a 'nobody'... Sorry... I can't help but lose confidence sometimes. Anyways, never mind.... I'm sorry... I'm just babbling nonsense right now..."

"Hon..." She leaned on my shoulders. "You're not a 'nobody'... You're someone important. Especially to me... Without you, I don't think I would be able to enjoy my career as it is right now. You inspire me to do more. Every time there's an audition, I always think if it would be something that would make you proud or happy for me.

"At the end of the day, it doesn't matter who you are or who you want to be, what's important for me is that, you'll take care of the both of us and just love me for who I am. I won't be asking that much."

"Thanks, hon. I certainly will."

"Besides, at the end of the day, where you are is what I consider 'home'. I'm happy with just simply being with you hon." She smiled at me with a sincere look in her eyes. 

While having the conversation, one of my favorite songs just played. It was "Sanctuary" by Joji.

"Go ahead and park after dark
Fallen star, I'm your one call away
Motel halls, neon walls
When night falls, I am your escape" ♪♪♪

"Oh hon, I love this song! Wait, I know..." While the song is playing, I stood up from where I was sitting and grabbed her hand.

"When you lay alone, I ache
Something I wanted to feel" ♪♪♪

"Hon?" Ichika stood up as well wondering about what I'm planning to do.

"Just go along with me..." I smiled at her

I grabbed her arms and placed them on my shoulders. I then placed my hands on her waist and we started to slowly dance along with the song.

"If you've been waiting for fallin' in love
Babe, you don't have to wait on me'
Cause I've been aiming for heaven above
But an angel ain't what I need" ♪♪♪

We just continued to dance and she wrapped her arms around me. I can see the redness on her face but she was just looking at me with a smile that never fails to brighten up my life.

"Not anyone, you're the one
More than fun, you're the sanctuary
'Cause what you want is what I want
Sincerity" ♪♪♪

"Souls that dream alone lie awake
I'll give you something so real..." ♪♪♪

"You really surprise me sometimes hon..." She just leaned on me while we continue.

"If you've been waiting for fallin' in love
Babe, you don't have to wait on me
'Cause I've been aiming for Heaven above
But an angel ain't what I need" ♪♪♪

"I love you Ichika, you're my Sanctuary..."

"Just as you are to me... I love you too..."

"Pull me oh so close'
Cause you never know
Just how long our lives will be..."

Her face drew closer to mine. Our lips touched and felt the warm kiss of each other under the night sky.

"Ichika... I don't know what lies ahead for the both of us, but I'm willing to see it all the way through the end with you..."

**************************************************************
Announcement:

This marks the end of of what I intended to be the "First Volume" of the story since in the Manga, everything would eventually end after the Sunrise Festival. 

I'm glad that I was able to establish the story/characters so far. Since the Introduction is done, it's time to dive deep down to my more of an original take on the story since there's nothing much that I can get from the manga at this point.

Sorry for the outdated meme 😅

I have decided to take a short break from Unwavering and will be back after 2 weeks which should be April 6, 2022 if all goes well. The reason behind this, is so that I can prepare the next volume which technically starts at "Chapter 21". And that's my birthday month so I want to make sure everything is good without affecting the posting schedule.

I also want to make sure that the next volume will be if not better, but same quality as the first one.

I really hope that you guys would understand. "Stringed Mondays"(Nino Fanfic) will continue as usual by the way.

With all that being said, here's to hoping that you'll still look forward to it since I still have a lot in store for you guys!

That's if for me! See you on the next volume of Unwavering!

Stay safe and stay awesome!

-Franzel <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 153 30
"all story's started with many years ago. a war between monsters and humans broke out. and it ends with the monsters losing. Than it goes to the lege...
10.7K 287 14
Molly Black's fifth year at Hogwarts doesn't get off to a great start. She and her father don't see eye to eye very often and, after infiltrating an...
228K 5.5K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
129K 1.6K 47
All you can do is imagine. [COMPLETED] -written in 2019-