The First Snow | XiaoJin FanF...

By hiding_akisha

Xiaoting, a serious and detached business tycoon, was only going through the motions of life after losing her... More

๐”ป๐•š๐•ค๐•”๐•๐•’๐•š๐•ž๐•–๐•ฃ
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿš
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ›
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿœ
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿž
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐ŸŸ
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿก
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ˜
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿš
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ›
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿœ
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿž
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™๐ŸŸ
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿก
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿš๐Ÿ˜
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿš๐Ÿ™
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿš๐Ÿš
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿš๐Ÿ›
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿš๐Ÿœ
โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿš๐Ÿ
๐”ฝ๐•š๐•Ÿ๐•’๐•๐•–
๐”ผ๐•ก๐•š๐•๐• ๐•˜๐•ฆ๐•–
๐”ธ๐•—๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ๐•จ๐• ๐•ฃ๐••

โ„‚๐•™๐•’๐•ก๐•ฅ๐•–๐•ฃ ๐Ÿ™

1.5K 50 5
By hiding_akisha

• Xiaoting •

"Māmā, Bàba, there's so much snow!" I shouted in glee as I tried to catch the snowflakes falling from the sky.

We just finished watching the first snow from high up! and said it was the Namsan Tower.

"Baobei, did you have fun?" Bàba was holding me in his arms as we were now going back to our car.

"Yes! Everyone and everything was so small, like this," I connected my thumb and pointer finger, leaving only a small space in between. "And when the snow poured down, it was like marshmallows falling everywhere!"

Māmā took me from Bá's arms and wiped my face off of snowflakes with her free hand. "Then, does my little treasure want some hot choco with marshmallows?"

"I do, I do, I do!"

"Let's get going then."

As we drove on the snow-filled streets, I saw a vendor selling a weird looking fish. I quickly rose up from my sit and tapped my mother's shoulder.

", ! Can we buy those fishies please?~" I pointed towards the window as we slowly got farther away from the tasty looking snack.

"Okay, baobei, but sit down first as it might get dangerous. Also, it's called hotteok and they're really delicious."

"Hotteok? Sounds yummy~" I immediately settled back down as my father made a U-turn to go back.

I was back again in my father's arms because he feared that I would slip on the icy streets. It didn't take long for us to get our food, but as I was nibbling on my hotteok, there was a sudden shout from across the street. A little girl, probably younger than me, was being carried towards a car while she was kicking the big man holding her.

"Both of you get in the car." Bàba commanded as he put me in mother's arms while he run across the street. The street was almost deserted aside from us and the few people buying from the vendor.

"Please help us call the police!" Māmā shouted at the three teenagers hiding behind the vendor's stall. She put me in the backseat of the car. "Xiao'er, I need you to stay here, okay? Don't get out no matter what."

"But Bàba said-"

"I know, Xiao'er. But Māmā has to see what-"

She was suddenly cut off when a loud bang echoed the streets. She quickly closed the door while I was left staring at her through the windows. I could feel the worry in her eyes when she looked at the black van. I just noticed that my father was clutching onto his arm while he was on top of a man covered in black clothing. I think his other arm was holding... a gun? Why is the stranger pointing it at my father?

"Mèi zi, come here! Mei zi!" Māmā was standing by the hood of our car. I just noticed that the little girl was crouching down on the street by the black van while holding her ankle.

The little girl looked up at my mother's shout. I think māmā was calling her over and she was able to understand it when she tried getting up. But she suddenly fell down and I flinched when I saw her crying even more.

Before I knew it, māmā was suddenly beside her and carried her in her arms. That's when I heard a second bang. My eyes darted towards bàba but all I saw was his limp body on the cold floor while the clothed man stood up.

"Māmā!"

My mother stood frozen before she ran towards the car. I didn't know what was happening but I quickly opened the door of the front door. I can faintly hear the sound of sirens from a distance. But before māmā could take another step forward, I heard the third bang that night.

Everything suddenly felt too loud. Noises were mixing - the cry of a child, car tires screeching, and the unmistakable sound of police cars.

•°~°~°•

I bolted awake when I opened my eyes. After taking a few calming breaths, I sighed and fumbled for my glasses in the still dark room. The digital clock I had on my bedside table was glaring 3:47AM in red.

After weaving a hand through my hair, I finally stood up.

Better to be productive. Since I was awake anyway, I decided to rather use my time to read and sign the documents that needed to be done today.

I was currently staying in one of my hotels in Auckland, New Zealand. I was living in one if the penthouse suites in the hotel that had a beautiful view of the city. Of course, I'm the CEO and founder of Shen Hotels International, I only deserve the best.

Unfortunately, the general managers are, let's say... 'acting up' for some reason which is why I personally came here. I had to meet the new managing company that my team hired so that I can finally leave this place.

After working for a few hours, I finally freshened up for the meeting later.

•°~°~°•

"Good morning, Ms. Shen."

"Good morning, Ms. Sakamoto." I took the papers she was holding out to me. "Please tell the general managers to see me at 10AM in the meeting room on the 31st floor. Forward their staff to withhold their queries until the meeting is adjourned."

"Consider it done. Have you had breakfast?" My ever-smiling personal assistant slash Chief of Staff never failed to ask this question.

I let out a brief smile at her question. "I forgot."

"That's not a good way to start a busy day and we both know it."

"I know, I just lost-"

"Lost track of time, of course. You always do. I'm not surprised as you're a combination of a perfectionist and workaholic. Let me get you some food before the meeting."

I sighed and lightly slapped the papers on her head. "There's no time-"

"Xiaoting." The shorter girl who was the same age as me glared. "There's always time. You're the boss, make time for yourself."

I playfully rolled my eyes. "Fine. Move the meeting by an hour so don't be in too much rush."

That warm smile came back on her face as I receded. She waved goodbye to get me said food before I called out to her.

"Shiro?"

"Yes?"

"Thank you. Always."

"I'm your friend before I became your subordinate. This is nothing."

•°~°~°•

"... Your motivation for full autonomy is simply due to the fact you do not want the incentive fee bonuses on which your profits largely depend on to be potentially hampered by owner interference, essentially, me. My involvement may be technically restricted from most hotel management agreements, but what owners are supposed to do and what they actually do may be quite different. Am I understood?"

A series of yes echoed the room.

"Good. Then I want a new analytical record of the sales forecast and team staffs by the end of the week. Meeting dismissed. Secretary Su, send the minutes to Ms. Sakamoto. Great work, everyone."

When the last person finally left the room, I sat back down on the head chair and leaned my head back.

"Are you okay, Ting?" Shiro asked while cleaning up the files.

"No."

"Of course, after that kind of intense meeting, I'm shocked you haven't blutantly glared at them yet." I smiled a little at that.

A moment of comfortable silence filled the room.

"How's the schedule for next week?"

Shiro and I met when we were in college. I was never fond of people, but Shiro was adamant on becoming my friend. Long story short, she was the first and only friend I made in school. She has been a friend for over four years and a close aide for two. Which is why she knows me more than I would allow anyone.

"Everything is designated based on our stay in Korea for three weeks. I cleared out everything for the first week so you can do what you need to do."

"Okay, thank you."

"No problem, boss."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.8K 255 17
This book will include the following: F/ Fluff A/ Angst M/ Mature/Smut (only if I get requests for this) -Fantasy -Little Space -Mpreg Requests are...
166K 4K 62
A girl who has never cried ever since her parents divorced when she was only 8 years old. Kids bullied her since she kept crying everyday in school...
11.6K 507 22
A DdaengDdeong Fanfiction Hwang Yeji, a transferee meets Shin Ryujin, the school's president. Ryujin is the one to tour Yeji around the campus. Meeti...
30.9K 1.4K 17
Book 1 of A Timeless Fragment of Epoch A ryeji secret agent/time travel/college au Hwang Yeji and Shin Ryujin were best friends since they were kids...