Just A Hunch (Varian x Witch...

By boxxieofbox

Hey guys! This is the sequel to my book Gut Feelings! If you haven't read it, I highly suggest that you do ot... More

Just A Hunch
Other Friends
To Corona
A Proposition
Do it for Her
Switching Sides
Redemption
Cleaning
Late Night Picnic
Falsely Accused
The Stabbingtons
Wolfie
Chasing the Wolf
Community Project
Fearing Yourself
Witch Trial
Protection
The Prank
The Day of Hearts
Trevor Returns
The Sea Serpent
The Apple
Teamwork
Red Rocks
Overcoming Fear
Téir Abhaile Riu
Sweets
The Snuggly Duckling
Wrong Place Wrong Time
An Old Friend
Something's Missing
New Plans
Changing Roles
Just Around The River Bend
Buried Treasure
Confessions
Love Spells
Storm Cloud
Understanding
Out of it
Why
Try After Try
Willow Maiden
Simple Song
Dress After Dress
I Put a Spell On You
Research
Dragon Tales
Guards and Orders
Sick Days
Naps and Soup
Return To The Lorbs
False Emergencies
The Well

Just A Curse

811 20 16
By boxxieofbox

(Y/n) POV:

"Shit! We're so late!" I said as Sunny and I ran through the town. My boots clicking against the stone walkways. Sunny was leading the way to the heart of the town.

"I'm here!" I said out of breath as I approached Rapunzel and Eugene. I panted as I looked up at them and they stared at me confused. "Did you run all the way here?" Eugene asked confused.

"Yeah? Why?" I asked. "Why didn't you just, I don't know, poof here like you normally do?" He asked and I stayed silent for a moment before face palming. "You forgot you could do that didn't you?" Rapunzel asked with a giggle and I nodded.

"I really ran all the way here when I could have just appeared here when I realized I was late." I said sighing making them both laugh. "Here, go get changed so we can start." Rapunzel said handing me a tattered dress and I nodded before snapping my fingers.

White smoke surrounded my body and left almost as fast as it came. I was left in a white tattered dress with gray patches covering a few pieces of previously torn parts with a black corset that had appeared to have been cut up in a few different places. One of the puffy sleeves had been ripped half way down my left arm while the other was only being held to my arm by the cuff around my wrist. I took off my boots black boots to match what I was wearing.

Rapunzel smudged a bit of dirt on the whiter parts of my dress, my cheeks, collar bones, arms, and legs to make me look dirty. "There that should do it!" She said and I smiled. "Thanks, Punz!"

"Is (Y/n) here yet?" Eugene, Rapunzel, and I all turned to see Varian and I felt a blush cover my cheeks as I stared at him. He was wearing a large black coat, white pants, black boots, black gloves, and a sword attached to his hip.

"Where have you been?" Varian asked with a soft laugh as he smiled at me. "You okay, milady?" He asked as he noticed me staring and I nodded with a smile. "You clean up well, Sapphires." I said with a smile and he shrugged his shoulders.

"I don't understand how anyone wears this stuff. It's heavy, hot, and took forever to get on." He said and I giggled before removing his goggles from on top of his head. "You forgot about these, love." I said handing them to him and a soft blush covered his freckled cheeks.

"Looks like we are dressed like each other today." Varian said with a smile. "Normally you're the one who is cleaned up and I'm the one with dirt all over me." He said and I giggled nodding.

"You're late." I heard someone say and I turned to see Rosalie and I rubbed the back of my neck. "Yeah I lost track of time this morning, but I'm here!" I said with a smile and she nodded.

(Ignore this next part if you have short hair. This is for the long haired readers)

"What about your hair?" She asked and my eyes widened. "Shit! Give me your sword!" I said to Varian and he looked at me confused. "I don't think Lance gave me a real sword." Varian said but still handed it over. I took the sword in hand and immediately started using it to cut off my hair.

"Wait, you're actually cutting it?!" Rosalie asked surprised and I shrugged my shoulders. "It's just hair. It'll grow back. Besides if it really looks that bad, I can fix it later." I said and proceeded to messily cut off my hair. When I finished I handed Varian back his sword. He still stared at me surprised for a few seconds.

(Short haired readers you're good to read again! 🤗)

"It's time!" Kiera yelled to us and we all nodded. Varian handed me the vial of purple liquid and I took a drink from it. "You ready?" He asked and I smiled. "Ready as I'll ever be, Sapphires." We nodded to each other before going to our places.

Lance and Eugene helped me up onto the fountain and tied me to it. "Make sure it's loose enough for me to get my wings out." I said and they both nodded. From where I was, I was able to watch Varian create a large cloud of fog and it surrounded me.

Third POV:

"Come now, gather around. Behold such a saddening tale." Catalina sang to a group of villagers instantly grabbing their attention as they started following her to the heart of town.

"Come now, leave not behind your handkerchief. It may keep you well." Elizabeth sang to another group of people gesturing them to follow her. The two were able to lead the people of Corona to the heart of town with the large fountain.

"One time, long long ago, there lived a young witch in the land." Catalina sang softly and gestures over towards the fountain where an image of (Y/n) appeared. She was wearing a short sleeved white dress, a black corset, black boots, with a black ribbon holding back her hair with a few strands out to frame her cheeks. The image of her slowly made its way to the center of the town square.

"Ah yes, she came to love a young prince. So the story goes." Elizabeth sang and an image of Varian appeared. He was wearing a flowy white shirt, black pants, and black boots. The image made its way up to the other and they smiled at each other.

"No need for a magic to stop time. No spell can achieve what I feel." Varian and (Y/n) sang and the images of them sang to each other smiling happily. In the background an image of Rosalie appeared peaking out at them. "Love bounding through every hour. Joy lights a new day!" The two sang and the image of Rosalie grimaced before disappearing.

The white fog immediately vanished to reveal (Y/n) tied to the fountain. Her tattered dress surprising everyone at the sudden turn the story had taken.

"Tied me tight to a cross, I look longing at the sky!" (Y/n) sang out looking up. The villagers could hear the distress in her voice as she struggled against the ropes around her.

Varian and Rosalie were behind the crowd now with Elizabeth and Catalina. "Penitence for your crime, penitence and your life!" The four sang towards the witch.

"If I pray who will hear? I am drowning in their cheers!" (Y/n) sang looking down at the fountain beneath her. "Devotion turned to dusty tombs!" Varian, Rosalie, Elizabeth, and Catalina sang moving through the crowd and towards the witch.

"If my love was just a curse then I have only tears to shed." (Y/n) sang her eyes locking with Varian's making him visibly shutter. "Penitence for your crime, penitence and your life." The four sang again.

"Let it light, let it burn out bright and with it all your spite!" Rosalie sang raising a hand up towards the witch making (Y/n) glare at her. "Feel now the weight of death and soon." They sang together again before freezing where they were.

Elizabeth was the first person to move as she faced the crowd. "Come now, open your eyes, look up to the flames in the sky." She sang to the crowd.

"Come now, do not forget those embers are the final judge." Catalina sang and the fog covered (Y/n) once more only leaving Varian and Rosalie in the crowds sight.

"One time, long long ago, there lived a young witch in the land." Elizabeth sang to the crowd. "Ah yes, she came to trick a young prince. So the story goes." Catalina said before gesturing to Varian and Rosalie.

Rosalie touched Varian's shoulder gaining his attention. "She kept all the magic out of sight. How else to achieve what you feel?" Varian's face dropped and Rosalie held his hands in hers. "Love burning the final hour, she'll light a new day!" Rosalie sang and the white fog vanished.

Rosalie turned towards the crowd and pointed at the witch. "Hear the witch crying louder as she's tied up to her eyes!" "Penitence for your crime, penitence and your life!" Varian, Elizabeth, and Catalina sang.

"Right before shouting curses that may take away your life!" Rosalie yelled as she moved in front of the crowd. "Virtue you couldn't keep turned to vice!" The three shouted once more.

"If my love was just a curse then I have only tears to shed!" Varian sang up to the witch as she struggled against the ropes once more. (Y/n) shook her head repeatedly. "We will do what we must, let it all turn to dust!" Rosalie, Elizabeth, and Catalina sang.

"Let it light, let it burn out bright we only do what's right!" Rosalie sang up to the witch. "No hand to help her find her way." Varian, Catalina, and Elizabeth sang as (Y/n) shook her head no once more before looking up at the crowd.

"Can't believe all the fools I see! You fed them dirty lies!" (Y/n) sang before glaring back at Rosalie. "Penitence for your crimes, penitence and your life!" A few tears fell down the witch's cheeks as she stared at the crowd.

"Searing flames rising higher as the sun begins to die!" Rosalie sang pointing back at the witch. "Feel now the weight of death and soon." The four sang together before the white fog covered all of them.

An image of (Y/n) appeared again and the wind picked up the ribbon that was in her hair. The crowd watched as the image chased after it. The ribbon was caught by an image of Varian. He handed it back to her as they smiled at each other.

Near them, an image of Rosalie stared at them with jealousy burning through her eyes before running away. The image of (Y/n) and Varian vanished as the image of Rosalie approached a door and entering with a basket.

The crowd watched as the image stole bottles, books, and more before running away and never looking back.

The image of Varian and (Y/n) appeared with each other once more with smiles on their faces. "No need for a magic to stop time. No spell can achieve what we feel." They both sang as their foreheads pressed against each other. "Love bounding through every hour. Joy lights a new day." The image of the two slowly faded away before showing the witch on her knees in the same tattered dress she was wearing, tears pouring from her eyes.

The crowd watched as the image of Varian unsheathed his sword and held up her long hair. In one swift motion the image of Varian cut off the witch's hair. (Y/n) eyes were wide at the sudden action and the image of Varian had tears in his eyes. An image of Rosalie stood not too far from him with a large smirk on her face as she watched.

The images faded along with the fog showing (Y/n) against the fountain once more. "Tied me right to a cross, I look longing at the sky!" The witch sang up towards the clouds again. "Penitence for your crime, penitence and your life!" The four sang towards the witch.

"If I pray, who will hear? I am drowning in their cheers!" (Y/n) sang and more tears ran down her cheeks. "Devotion turned to dusty tombs!" The four sang louder.

The witch stared down at the fountain as she shook her head no before looking at Varian. "If my love was just a curse, then I have only tears to shed." She sang to him and his blue eyes softened at her. "Penitence for your crime, penitence and your life!"

"Let it light, let it burn out bright and with it all your spite!" (Y/n) sang as she struggled against the ropes once more. "No god to help her find her way!" The four sang loudly.

"Like a flame burning bloody red and tearing into sky!" The witch sang and one large red and yellow wing broke through parts of the rope. "Penitence for your crime, penitence and your life!" The four sang and Varian and Rosalie backed up from the witch showing fear.

"Take these tears, tell their story, and please don't forget to cry!" (Y/n) sang as another red and yellow wing broke through the rest of the ropes. The crowd watched as where the ropes had been cut had fire in the ends of them. The rope slowly fell down and into the fountain. "Feel now the weight of death and lies!" The four sang and (Y/n) glared at all of them before taking off in an instant. Varian stepped forward to try and stop her before she fled leaving only the rope that had once held her behind.

The townspeople stood in shock before Rapunzel came out dismissing Varian, Rosalie, Catalina, and Elizabeth. The princess explained to the people about how a part of their history had been missing for some time and the true story behind it.

Varian was quick to go find (Y/n) where they had agreed to meet a few days prior not bothering to change out of the clothes he was wearing.

(Y/n)'s POV:

I landed by the large tree where Varian and I had agreed to meet letting my wings fold into my back. I let out a shudder at the feeling before wiping away the tears that were in my eyes. I smiled to myself excited by how well everything had turned out. I was about to let out an excited squeal when I heard something near me.

I quickly turned to see King Edward with a large smirk on his old face as he pointed his sword at me. "Checkmate, witch." He said and my eyes widened realizing what he had just witnessed.

"Looks like I was right about you all along. You might have this kingdom fooled, but I never once doubted that you were a lowlife witch!" He sneered and I sighed.

"Okay, Eddie, you got me. And what do you plan to do with this information?" I asked crossing my hands over my chest as I stared at him. "We both know you have no power in Corona." I asked and he smirked. "I'm going to expose you in front of the whole kingdom. Show them what exactly has been hiding under their noses this whole time!" He said and I smirked back.

"Good luck with that, Eddie. You seem to forget that Corona has no laws that prevent me from being a witch. Even if there were, you'd need evidence. All you have is something that anyone could easily say was your imagination." I said shrugging my shoulders and he glared at me.

"Every person in Corona is an imbecile for not knowing about you! But I can use that to my advantage. So don't underestimate me, witch!" He said and I rolled my eyes. "You know my name, Eddie, please use it. Now if you would run along, I'm meeting someone here soon." I said and he shook his head no.

"Oh no, I'm not letting you out of my sight just for you to perform some curse against me!" He said and I sighed. "Fine, but you'll have to go back to the castle at some point." I said before sitting down against the tree. He followed my every move with his sword and I rolled my eyes.

Not long after I heard something coming towards us. I stood up with a smile knowing exactly who was coming as Edward got into more of a fighting stance. I giggled as I saw Sunny run through a nearby bush with Ruddiger right behind him.

Edward was taken back by the two animals that ran next to him as they ran to me. Sunny rubbed against my legs while Ruddiger ran up my torso and around my shoulders nuzzling my cheek when he finally stopped. I giggled at the two animals as I heard panting not too far from away. Varian came running through the bush and ran past the king not even noticing him.

Varian quickly hugged me before holding my cheeks in his hands looking at me. "A-are you okay? We're you waiting long?" Varian kept asking me questions as he looked at me making sure I was okay physically and emotionally making me giggle.

"I'm perfectly fine, Sapphires! Calm down!" I said with a laugh and he started to calm down. "You're sure you're okay though...right?" He asked and I nodded. Edward had sheathed his sword only to clear his throat making Varian turn to him.

"Uh...who's this?" Varian asked me softly as he looked at the king. "Who am I?!" Edward asked genuinely surprised that Varian was even asking making me laugh.

"Sapphires, that's King Edward." I said and realization hit him. "Oh! You're Rosalie's dad!" He said and Eddie seemed to be even more upset that he was only known by his daughter and not his actual title.

"Yes...and who are you?" He asked through gritted teeth. "Oh! I'm Varian! It's nice to meet you sir!" He said panicking slightly before bowing to him making me giggle. "C'mon, Sapphs, we have to give back those clothes you're wearing." I said and he looked down at his clothes before face palming. "I totally forgot about the clothes." He said and I laughed.

"Wait-" Eddie said about to stop us. "Let's go give these back to Punz, then we can get something from Monty's!" I said and Varian smiled before turning around and bending down slightly for me to jump on his back. I giggled as I jumped and he locked his arms under my legs. I giggled as he started walking away from the king and o waved back at him with a smirk as he glared daggers at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.9K 285 12
❛𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙞𝙛 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙧𝙤𝙢... 𝙩𝙤𝙜𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧?❜ -《 luz noceda x fem!reader 》 © all rights reserved. do not copy, re-distribute or t...
51.8K 1.2K 16
You squeezed his hand a little. "Don't let go, please." "I won't. I promise." He leaned over and kissed you on the cheek. "I won't let go." --- OMFG...
7.7K 299 18
When the mafia king forced him to be his sugar d@ddy....... Jimin:- Yoongi you know na, why I took you here now do. you're the only person who make...