The True Partizan - 4

By EvieWritesAlot

Final book of 'The Partizan' series. Set during Princess Ever After. Ever since Jamie left to join the Leviat... More

I Miss Him - Part 1
The Letters - Part 2
Don't Apologise - Part 3
Hirana's Ring - Part 4
Cornwall - Part 5
Him - Part 6
I Forgive You - Part 7
I Missed You - Part 8
Numb - Part 9
The Last Battle - Part 11
The End - Part 12
Epilogue.

Come Back - Part 10

428 13 68
By EvieWritesAlot

JAMIE'S POV:

I didn't see her again until the Leviathan began their journey to the Maravish palace.

We stocked up on weapons and gear prior. I had a dagger in a hidden slit in my trousers, a spare in my blazer and a pocket knife in my shoe just in case.

Haru and I stepped out into the evening from the safe house, our feet crunching on the gravel in the driveway.

Claude was stood outside a black van in an even blacker suit, pristine and clean, composed and expensive.

He slid open the van's door. "The others are already inside, Phi's driving, I'm in passenger."

I nodded, Haru stepped up first, ducking his head to climb into the van.

I followed, the door slammed shut behind me.

Y/n was sat at the back of the van with Ingrid and Julius. She looked beautiful. Her dress sparkled in the sun's last light, her hair glossy and perfect.

But her head was bowed, her eyes wide and unfeeling, it was as if she wasn't there anymore. Like I was looking at a corpse.

Yes she was beautiful, but she'd lost the thing that made her beautiful in the first place, herself.

I couldn't bear to look at her anymore, and turned away, ignoring the looks I received from my new found friends that no longer seemed like friends at all.

Haru reached out tentatively. "Jamie-"

"-Don't worry Haru," I cut him off, "I'm fine. I'm always fine."

———————————————

As soon as the van came to a stop everyone piled off. I noticed Ingrid whispering commands to y/n and felt like throwing up, I couldn't, wouldn't watch her being controlled like that.

I stared up at the palace in all its brilliance, so tall and grand, intimidating and daunting.

But it was so cold, the wind blew my hair in front of my eyes, the gradually melting snow was soft beneath my feet.

"You know what to do." Claude stated, emotionless, "We're going in."

I wondered why there were so little security guards, for the palace it was incredibly unusual. Haru and I followed out our plan, pretending to hide in the shadows with the rest of Leviathan but making ourselves seen by the security cameras without Claude noticing.

It was difficult to say the less.

When it was time to split off from the group I immediately pulled y/n and Haru with me.

Y/n normally would've rolled her eyes or smiled, but she didn't do anything, and it hurt so much.

I dragged her around a corner onto a balcony and Haru followed.

"Jamie what are you doing? We need to go-"

"-I just need to do something."

Haru sighed, crestfallen, "I'll keep a look out."

I held her by the shoulders, forcing her to look me in the eyes, she looked tired.

"Y/n. Listen to me."

She only stared blankly.

"I know you're in there. Come on you- you can't give in." I noticed how cold her skin was, the way she trembled in the cold wind.

I pulled off my suit jacket and slid it over her shoulders, lifting her hair over the back.

"I love you y/n. Come back to me."

——————————————

Y/N'S POV:

It's cold. You can hear a voice, muffled, blocked. As if you're trapped behind a wall.

Suddenly the cold disappears. The voice becomes clearer.

"I love you y/n. Come back to me."

The fog begins to clear, you push through, all your will, all your strength, because this voice makes you feel safe.

Your vision focuses on the person before you.

"Jamie?"

His eyes widen in shock, and a smile blooms on his face. He pulls you towards him without hesitation. "I knew you could do it."

You're still too shocked, overwhelmed, but then you realise.

You broke the formula. You did it. In like two hours.

"Wow," You murmur, "I didn't know I could do that."

Jamie pulled away, still smiling, but now he looks confident, determined. "Come on, we need to find the others."

Relief and excitement floods your heart, you're going to see all of your friends again, and the Takeshin students. Your real family.

You notice you're wearing Jamie's suit jacket. You pull it off and shove it in his hands. "You need this Jamie, why'd you give it to me?"

"You were cold."

You both go inside the palace from the balcony and meet Haru, you're still not 100% with him but seeing what he did for you, you're more grateful.

He nods and turns away to leave, but you stop him.

"Haru."

He struggles to look you in the eyes. "I'm sorry."

You take a deep breath, all the memories of what he did flooding your brain, how he hurt you and Jamie. But then you look at his face, and see how vulnerable he looks, and it all melts away. "I forgive you."

Haru's jaw tenses, and he nods again. "Thank you."

"Okay now we really have to go." Jamie slides his hand into yours and you continue down the hall, treading quietly and deliberately.

"What are we actually doing?" You whisper.

"We need to find the others first. Lottie primarily."

"But what-"

Jamie shushes you as he stops abruptly. "Stay here, there's someone there." He hisses.

You purse your lips. "Jamie you know I won't do that."

He glances earnestly at you. "Please."

You don't want to, but nod, letting him go.

You can't hear it clearly but the voices sound like an argument. You desperately want to go and investigate, but force yourself not to.

That is, until you hear your sister's voice.

You sprint around the corner, remarkably fast seeing as you are in heels and skid to a stop.

"Where is she?" You demand, glancing between Sayuri and a girl you've never seen before. Jamie and Haru are opposite them, and they each have weapons.

"Y/n." Sayuri breathes, shocked.

"Who are you?" You ask the girl.

"Emelia...who is she?" The girl asks, pointing her sword at you, but asking Sayuri.

"She's with us," Jamie replies, "which is why-"

"-She's been poisoned by the formula." Sayuri interrupts.

Your mouth drops open. "Sayuri no-"

"I know y/n. She would never, ever join the Leviathan by will." Sayuri grips her sword tighter, pain laced in her dark eyes.

You shake your head. "They're not-"

"-You're not getting in that room." This time Emelia interrupts you.

"Why? Is Lottie there?" You ask.

"Yes." Haru replies, raising his dagger as his face melts into Partizan mode.

"No we're not fight-"

You're interrupted again, by the clashing of weapons that makes your whole body tense. Haru's on Sayuri, the old Partizan and his master. Jamie's in combat with Emelia.

You slide the knife out of the leather wrap on your leg and rush to Sayuri, slipping in between her and Haru and clashing the knife against her sword.

"Sayuri." You say, looking straight at her. "I'm not being brainwashed, I'm me."

She yanks her arms down and pushes the knife out of your hand. "How can I trust that?!"

Jamie drags you behind him and starts fighting her instead, Haru switches to fight Emelia. It's very complicated. "I told you to stay there y/n."

"Hah yes!" You exclaim, swiping your knife from the floor, "I can't be under the Hamelin formula because I directly disobeyed Jamie!"

Sayuri falters at this, and this gives Jamie a space to push her to the floor, her sword clattering to the ground at your feet.

"I'm sorry Sayuri, but you need to trust me on this one. She's my sister." You take her sword and shove open the door that Lottie left through, dragging Jamie by the sleeve with you.

"Lottie's her sister?!" Emelia yelps, just as the door slams shut.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.7K 1K 46
This is my own fanfiction of The Rosewood Chronicles story ( as far as Underconver Princess ) focusing on Lottie and Jamie! I personally ship these t...
16.4K 3.8K 31
Your past will never truly be forgotten, I realize this now. Denying it will only make things worse, accepting it will allow you to move on. But do I...
3K 67 17
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
9.5K 237 9
Jamie x reader In the world of Lottie Pumpkin from the Rosewood Chronicles you're Y/N, Lottie's sister. You come to the school to support your sist...