Red String

namelesswriter0316 tarafından

Two souls from two different places, each with underlying past, meet in an unexpected time. Will they heal or... Daha Fazla

The Beginning
Meeting You
Start of Something
Comfort
Getting To Know
Refuge
Unexpected Visitor
Conflicting Feelings
Jealousy and Accusations
Confessions
Noona is My Woman
Officially Dating
Distance
Returning Home
Staying Together
Meeting the LEEs
Acceptance
Happy Moments
Sacrifice
On the Verge
Ray of Hope
Rescuing Suryeon
This is a survey!

Assurance

318 17 11
namelesswriter0316 tarafından

One week has passed since they went to Seoul and Mrs. Lee is about to return to Pohang. However, Stella and Ana requested her to stay for another week to which she cannot refuse. Meanwhile, Logan was being nagged by his friends. Upon knowing he's in Seoul, they contacted him every day, asking him to meet them. And since it's a weekend, Logan's best friend is inviting him to play tennis like they used to before. Of course, he wants to, because aside from missing his dear friends, he also misses his sport. But on the other hand, he doesn't want to be away from Suryeon, after all she is his priority more than anything.

"I can't maybe next time... No, of course I want to meet all of you it's just that... I'll tell you some other time, ok? C'mon Juwon don't act like a child it doesn't suit you... Haha bye! See you soon!" Logan is on the phone with his friend when Suryeon approached him on the sala.

"Is everything okay, jagiya?"

"Ah yah everything's fine. It's just my friends nagging me again" he embraced her as she sits beside him.

"Yah don't be too showy like this. What if your mom or Anna suddenly appears and see us?" she nudged him softly.

He embraced her more, "Wae? What's wrong with being sweet to your girlfriend?" then he kissed her cheeks.

"Logan! If you don't stop, I'll go back to Pohang" she threatened him.

"Haha nice try, I know you can't do that" Logan teased her which earned him a pinch on the side from Suryeon. "Ouch that hurts! Since when have you become violent?"

"Oh, does it really hurt? I'm so sorry, jagiya" Suryeon suddenly become worried, and Logan took that opportunity to kiss her again.

"Ah you're so annoying" she said, and he just giggled. "By the way, why don't you go and meet your friends? I'll be okay here. Don't worry too much and just have fun like you used to"

"Like going to the bars and drinking?" he is once again teasing her.

"Yah not that kind of fun. If you'll do that..."

"Haha I'm just joking. Of course, I won't dare do that. I'm already a changed person because of you" he is about to kiss her again, but Suryeon held his face.

"Jagiya, I'm serious. Go ahead and have fun with your friends"

"Are you sure you'll be okay here?"

"Yes"

"Hmm, what if you just go with me. I'll introduce you to them"

She suddenly became anxious of his suggestion. She then remembered everything she heard in the restroom a few days ago. What if Logan's friends would also say the same about her.

"Jagiya?" he noticed she's not responding.

"Oh, ahm..."

"You don't want to?" Logan sulked.

"It's not like that" seeing how he became sad makes her feel guilty. He really wants to introduce her to his friends, and this melted her heart.

Trusting Logan and his love for her, she knows he won't do something that would hurt her. So, she said yes but insisted cooking for them and will just follow during lunchtime. Logan did not agree at first because he doesn't want Suryeon getting tired but ended up saying yes just for them to meet halfway.

"If I can't impress them with how I look, then at least I can impress them with my cooking" Suryeon thought as she starts preparing the food that she's going to bring to them. As soon as she finished cooking, she went to the bedroom to get dressed. Looking at the closet, she doesn't know what to wear. Living in Pohang for two years, her type of clothes has become very simple. Those elegant dresses and blouses she had before were left at the Joo's since she wasn't able to bring anything from that place. And of course, she doesn't have enough budget to buy new expensive ones. After a long time of deciding, she just opted to wear her favorite dress. It was given by Mrs. Lee as a gift to her.

"I think this is the best that I have" she sighed. At exactly 11am, Sec Hong arrived to fetch her. It was just a short ride since the tennis arena is near Logan's house.

"Ok, Suryeon, you can do this!" she cheered herself as she entered the court.

He saw Logan from afar with his friends and seem they're having serious talk. Not wanting to disturb them, she just approached silently (Logan didn't saw her cause she's approaching from his back). As she went near to them, she heard their conversation.

"What did you say dude? You have a girlfriend?" Juwon can't believe what his best friend told them.

"How about Nina?" Doyun asked.

"What about her? We're just friends" Logan replied casually.

"I really thought you two are something" Doyun said.

"Oh well, she must be gorgeous and classy like my girl here" Juwon flirts with her girlfriend, Aeri.

"She should be because I'm quite disappointed that you chose her over Nina" Aeri added.

"I bet she's pretty and hot because she won over all the sexy ladies who are making an attempt to Logan" Siwoo continued.

"Stop it guys. Me and Nina are really nothing but friends. And don't compare my girl with anyone because she's different"

Suryeon froze on the spot where she's standing. Hearing what his friends said, her confidence level went straight to zero. How can she still approach them knowing their high expectations? But most of all, she doesn't want to embarrass Logan in front of them. So, before Logan could see her, she immediately turned around and walked faster going outside of the court. On the way outside, she bumped to a familiar lady.

"I'm sorry" Suryeon said without looking at her face.

"Unnie?"

Suryeon was surprised hearing a familiar voice, "Oh, Nina!"

"Glad to see you again, unnie!" Nina hugged her. "Are you looking for Logan oppa? Come, I'll take you to him"

"Anniyo" Suryeon said anxiously which surprised Nina. "Ahm... I don't want to disturb him so I'm just planning to leave this food that I brought for him and his friends... ahm Nina... can I ask you a favor? Can you hand these over to him?"

"Ah yah... sure" Nina is a bit confused on how Suryeon is acting.

"Thank you" she smiled and hand over the foods to Nina.

"Wow this is so many! Am I included here, unnie?"

"Of course. I hope you'll like the food. Enjoy eating!"

"We will unnie, thank you! Are you sure you don't want to stay? I think oppa is expecting you. He kept on bragging about her girlfriend to us since morning"

Suryeon blushed upon hearing it but became shy afterwards since Nina is with a friend and she seemed surprise.

"Mwo? She's Logan's girlfriend? I thought she was his older sister"

"Yah" Nina nudged her friend. "I'm sorry, unnie. Just don't mind her"

"It's okay. I'll go ahead since I'm not also feeling well. Ahm, please tell Logan the foods were just delivered. Don't mention I came, please?" Suryeon asked Nina not to tell Logan that she went to the arena.

"Arraseo" Nina was really confused with her request, but she just agreed seeing how anxious Suryeon is. "Take care, unnie. Thanks for the food"

Suryeon nodded and leave. She's planning to ride a taxi going back to Logan's place because she doesn't want to bother Sec Hong. Luckily, she remembered the address and direction. While waiting for a taxi, she received a call from Logan.

"Yeoboseyo"

"Jagiya, what's wrong? You said you'll come here but you just had the food delivered. I'm waiting for you" Logan said on the other line.

"I'm sorry, jagiya. It's just that I'm not feeling well all of a sudden" she replied which made Logan panicked.

"That's what I'm saying. You shouldn't have cooked that much for us. Maybe you got tired because of it" Logan worriedly said. "I'll go home right after eating. Arraseo?"

"You don't have to go home early. I'm fine here. I'll just take some rest. Just enjoy your time there"

"How will I enjoy here if you're sick. No, I'm going home after lunch. See you. I love you"

"Arraseo. I love you too"

They ended the call and Suryeon immediately rode a taxi. On her way back home, painful memories of her past with Dantae came back - the way he was so embarassed of her that he made her dress and act according to how he wants, the way he treats her badly everytime she does something that did not meet his standards, the way he was never proud of her. During those times, she really felt like a bird trapped in a cage.

Although she knows Logan won't do anything like that, still she's worried of being an embarassment once again.

"I have to do something" she said to herself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Logan wasn't able to leave after lunch since their coach came so he stayed for a few more hours. However, he can't focus on anything because his mind is occupied thinking of Suryeon and how she's feeling.

Meanwhile, in the Lee's villa, Suryeon is in the garden, sitting and busy on her phone when Anna saw her.

"Unnie?"

"Oh, hi Anna!"

"Busy?" Anna sat next to her.

"Ahm kind of"

"What are you doing?"

"I'm looking for a job"

"Job? Wae?"

"Well, I thought that if your brother and I will stay here for long, then I need to have a work"

Anna looks at her confused, so she explained further.

"I don't want to be a burden to Logan and to your whole family. I can't afford staying here doing nothing"

"Oh, I see... but you're not a burden, unnie. We are so glad to have you here"

"I know and I'm thankful for that" she smiled. "But it's uncomfortable living here out of your family's resources and not contributing anything. I also think it's not fair"

Anna nodded getting what Suryeon is trying to say.

"Also, I want to buy these" Suryeon excitingly showed Anna the expensive clothes she's planning to buy once she has a job and salary.

"Wow unnie! Those are pretty! And I'm sure they will suit you"

"Jinjja? I'll buy those once I have enough money. They're quite expensive"

"Hmm... you can just ask oppa to buy those for you. He has lots of money. Wait, I have savings! We can buy those! Let's go unnie" Anna grabbed her by the hand.

"No, dongsaeng. I can't let you or Logan buy those things for me. I'll buy it with my hard-earned money"

"Arraseo" Anna sulked.

"Don't worry. I'll have you accompany me in buying those"

Anna smiled upon hearing it.

"Ahm dongsaeng, I actually have a question"

"What is it, unnie?"

"Do I look very simple and old? Am I not a match to your brother?"

"What kind of question is that, unnie. Of course, you and oppa are a perfect match! And yes you look simple but you're very pretty. Maybe you just have to apply some light makeups so you'll look much younger. Overall, you're a beauty"

"Thanks, Anna!" she smiled hoping that the others would look at her the same.

"Because of that we'll have makeup sessions. Ok, unnie?"

"Ok, but for now, let's look for other clothes online" Suryeon is very thankful having Anna by her side.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Logan arrived home, Suryeon is in her room sleeping. She was exhausted with all the cooking and finding jobs online.

"Anna" Logan approached her sister who is busy in the kitchen trying to replicate Suryeon's cupcake.

"Oh, oppa you arrived. What can I do for you?"

"Ahm, have you talked to Suryeon this day"

"Yes, we talked this afternoon. Why?"

"Is she alright?"

"Hmm she looks fine yes but very busy"

"Busy?"

"Uhuh, she's busy looking for a job"

"Job? Wae?"

"We have the same reaction actually. But she explained it to me. Unnie said she needs to work because she doesn't want to be a burden to us, and she feels uncomfortable staying here without contributing anything"

"She's not a burden"

"I told her that already, but she still insisted on finding a job"

Logan sighed at the stubbornness of her girlfriend.

"Ah and also" Anna continued. "She wants to buy those expensive clothes she saw online. She doesn't have enough money now that's why she wanted to work and have salary to buy those"

Logan was surprised hearing that because as he knows her, Suryeon is just a simple lady so why all of a sudden she would like to buy expensive things.

"Tell me oppa. Did something happen? I mean unnie became self-conscious. She even asked me if she looks simple and old and if she is a good match to you"

"She asked that?"

Anna nodded in response and Logan knew it. He was right. It is possible that Suryeon overheard everything his friends said. Actually, he already knows that she did went to the arena because Nina's friend accidentally spilled it out.

Flashback

"Coach, Logan has a girlfriend" Juwon said.

"Jinjja? Is that serious already or just one of your..." his coach said.

"It's serious, coach" Logan answered.

"Wow that's good to hear. I bet she's pretty"

"She's pretty but very simple and looks a bit older" Jiho clumsily said which made Nina pinched her side. "Aww that hurts, Nina!"

"You met her already? When?" they all asked and Logan knew it, Suryeon was here a while ago.

"Nina, let's talk"

"Oppa, I'm sorry ok? She requested not to tell you and I don't want you two getting into a fight. Please don't be mad at her, she seems scared and anxious when we met. I'm not sure but what if she saw or heard something"

Logan wonders if she saw anyone from that bastard family but Soohee is not around. Then, he thought, maybe just maybe she overheard their conversation a while ago.

End of flashback

After talking to Anna, Logan went straight to Suryeon's room. He knocked but there's no answer so maybe she's still asleep. He tried to open the door and was able to open it because Suryeon again forgot to lock. It's one of her bad habits not locking the door. As he entered, he saw her girlfriend sleeping soundly like an angel. He went to the side of the bed she's facing, crouch on the floor and stare at his beautiful sleeping face. Then, he cupped one side of her face, stroked it gently and kissed her forehead. His warm kiss woke Suryeon up.

"Jagiya, you're here"

Logan nodded, "I'm sorry for waking you up"

"It's okay. It's late already. I overslept" she said while sitting up. "Are you hungry? I'll cook something for you. What do you want?" she asked him while rubbing her sleepy eyes and Logan finds it so cute.

"I'm still full. How are you feeling? Are you ok now?"

"Ne, I'm ok now" Suryeon felt guilty lying so she decided to tell everything to him. After all, they promised to always be honest and transparent with each other. "Ahm, Logan, about the lunch..." she can't continue because she's scared he might get angry.

"I know, you went in the arena"

Suryeon's sleepy eyes got wide open upon hearing what Logan said, "Omo how did you..."

"Jiho, Nina's friend, accidentally spilled it out that she met you and of course, Nina confirmed"

"I'm so sorry, jagiya. I'm sorry I lied" she bowed her head feeling too guilty.

"What exactly happened tell me" he said gently and held her hands.

"I just... I just don't want to embarrass you in front of your friends" she answered still without looking at him.

"Did you happen to hear what they said?"

Suryeon nodded, "I'm sorry I didn't mean to eavesdrop your conversation. I was about to surprise you"

"Those idiots" Logan started cursing his friends. "Just don't mind them, jagiya, ok?"

"They didn't do anything wrong, they just merely have expectations. But, don't worry, I'll do everything to meet all of it I promise. I won't ever do a thing that will embarrass you" Suryeon said persistently.

"That's why you're looking for job to buy those expensive clothes?"

"Oh, you also know that" she scratched her head.

"Yes, I interrogated my sister. Look at me, love" he lifted her head to meet his gaze. "You don't have to change for other people, even for me. I love you just the way you are. And if my friends won't like you, I don't care. Their opinions don't matter and it won't change how I feel towards you. What only matters is that we love each other" he kissed her hands. "If you want to change, you have to do it for yourself, not for others and I will support you all the way"

Suryeon was so touched with everything Logan said. He's really way different from her ex-fiance and she's so thankful she have met someone like him, someone who loves her for who she is, someone who's proud of her and someone who'll support her in everything. Sometimes she thinks she doesn't deserve him.

"Logan, jagiya, thank you so much. You don't know how much your words mean to me" she cupped his face and kissed him softly. Logan kissed her back. Their kiss started very gently but their overflowing love triggers the passion that is burning within them. Logan slowly laid Suryeon back on her bed, hovering on top of her without breaking their kiss. It becomes intense with their hands caressing and touching each other. As Logan placed his hands inside her shirt, Suryeon got tensed which he immediately noticed. Coming back to their senses, Logan broke the kiss and touched their foreheads while calming their racing hearts and bodies.

"I'm sorry, jagiya. I was carried away. Did I somehow scare you?" Logan examined her face worried that he might have scared her.

"No, you didn't. It's ok... I'm just not used to this and I think... I'm still not ready. I'm sorry" Suryeon looks at him. Worried that he might be upset, she immediately took back what she said. "But if you want to do it jagiya, it's ok, let's do it"

"Hey, you don't have to apologize for that. I absolutely understand and you don't have to force yourself. I'll never let you do things that will scare you and make you uncomfortable. I'm willing to wait until you're ready"

"You won't leave me even if it takes long?"

"No matter how long it takes" Logan smiled and kissed her nose. "But it'll be really hard to stay with you in one room. You're too gorgeous to handle"

Suryeon giggled "You really know how to make my heart flutter. Gajah, let's just eat. I'll cook something for you"

"Make me kimchi rice. I'm craving" he helped her stand up.

"I thought you were not hungry?"

"You make me hungry" he whispered to her ear which earned him a pinch on his side.

"Ouch jagiya! Why you keep on doing that!"

"Because you're too cute" she held his hand and they walked out from the room together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Abeoji! Oppa!" Soohee called as she entered their house.

"Yah why are you screaming?" Dantae annoyingly said.

"I happened to pass by the tennis arena and I think I saw a familiar figure like Suryeon's but I cannot see clearly since I'm inside the car"

"So, you're saying she's here in Seoul?" Mr. Joo asked her daughter.

"Yes, it's possible since I've heard from my friends that Logan is here, and they saw him in the arena playing tennis this morning"

"Maybe she's with the Lees. Mr. Jo, you know what to do" Mr. Joo commanded.

"Yes sir!" Secretary Jo quickly responded and went on his way.

"It will be much easier for us now that she's here in Seoul but surely the Lees will get in the way"

"I have a plan abeoji and this time she'll not be able to escape" Dantae said in determination.

Author's Note: Looks like the Joo family has an evil plan. Let's see what will they do in the next chapter. Enjoy reading! 🧡 Comments are welcome 😊

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

9.7K 307 11
Yoo Jeongyeon, CEO of YJY Enterprise, a cold person (to others) but funny person (to her girlfriend, Nayeon.) But she have a secret. Nayeon, girlfrie...
124 33 14
Han Nayeon works as a ghostwriter in Hermes Tower, a prestigious company that offers solutions to problems. Choi Junhyub is the man she meets the day...
8.2K 437 16
Edited* I changed the book title from 'You are my Coincidence' to 'Waiting Time'. I decided to write a whole story about the three of them. Oh Yoon...
4.2K 291 39
Maybe...just maybe, they could fix their relationship. And maybe...just maybe, no one would have to cry again. An au where things aren't working in...