Kanao Can't Communicate

By m0chii-

When a person has extreme social anxiety, they struggle to communicate with others. Bear in mind, they only s... More

•~chapter two: friends~•
•~chapter three: change of plans~•
•~chapter four: over the top~•
•~chapter five: zenitsu agatsuma~•
•~chapter six: it's a misunderstanding~•
•~chapter seven: cell phones~•
•~chapter eight: the physical exam and the student council~•
•~chapter nine: ramen~•
•~chapter ten: clothes shopping~•
•~chapter eleven: haircut~•
•~chapter twelve: summer begins, the pool awaits~•
•~chapter thirteen: summer festival~•
•~chapter fourteen: video games~•
•~chapter fifteen: an emergency...study session?~•
•~chapter sixteen: country girl~•
•~announcment!~•
•~chapter seventeen: girl talk~•
•~author's birthday q&a!~•
•~chapter eighteen: sports festival~•
•~chapter nineteen: photo booth~•
•~chapter twenty: the class president's job~•
•~chapter twenty-one: typhoon~•
•~chapter twenty-two: what should we do for the culture festival?~•
•~chapter twenty-three: preparing for the culture festival~•
•~chapter twenty four: the culture festival~•
•~chapter twenty-five: afterparty~•
•~chapter twenty-six: karaoke~•
•~chapter twenty-seven: feelings~•
•~chapter twenty-eight: winter's arrival~•
•~chapter twenty-nine: cat cafe~•
•~chapter thirty: the end of term exams~•
•~chapter thirty-one: games, sweet potatoes, memories~•
•~chapter thirty-two: fun in the snow~•
•~chapter thirty-three: hanafuda~•
•~chapter thirty-four: new year at the shrine~•
•~chapter thirty-five: a cold~•
•~chapter thirty-six: what really happened~•
•~chapter thirty-seven: groups for the field trip~•
•~chapter thirty-eight: the fieldtrip begins~•
•~chapter thirty-nine: mitsuri makes her return~•
•~chapter fourty: free day~•
•~chapter fourty-one: the yo-yo and the night after~•
•~chapter fourty-two: second night~•
•~chapter fourty-three: the train ride home~•
•~chapter fourty-four: chocolate making~•
•~chapter forty-five: friendship day~•
•~chapter forty-six: the kind girl who is also a demon~•
•~chapter forty-seven: too sweet~•
•~chapter forty-eight: prep for white day~•
•~chapter forty-nine: the struggles of white day~•
•~chapter fifty: eraser drop~•
•~chapter fifty-one: new year, same me~•
•~chapter fifty-two: strange~•
•~chapter fifty-three: hay fever~•
•~chapter fifty-four: bowling~•
•~chapter fifty-five: athletics~•
•~chapter fifty-six: sweat~•

•~chapter one: crossing paths~•

3.9K 69 143
By m0chii-

Tanjiro looked up at the gigantic school in awe.

He still couldn't believe he was attending the one and only Kimetsu Gakuen! And in his first school year in the city, no less.

He looked at his sister Nezuko, who was looking very cute with her new black and green school uniform and a piece of toast that hung halfway out of her mouth.

He looked down at his own green uniform, smoothed it out, and took a deep breath.

"Are you ready to go in, Nezuko?" Tanjiro asked, earning a nod and a muffled 'Yes!' from his younger sister.

They walked through the gates of the school and into the double doors.

"First year shoe lockers are that way, Nezuko." Tanjiro said, pointing to the left. "And I'm going this way, to the second year shoe lockers." he said, pointing to the right.

Nezuko, who had just finished her toast, looked at her brother. "Okay then, Onii~chan. See you at lunch?"

Tanjiro nodded, and he waved to his sister as she went to find her assigned locker.

"Kamado...Kamado...ah, here it is!" Tanjiro exclaimed, as his eyes came to a stop on a name card with the last name 'Kamado' on it.

He took his shoes out his locker and slipped them on. He then heard the tap tap of footsteps approaching.

Oh! Introductions are important! Tanjiro thought to himself. He looked up and cleared his throat.

"Hello, I'm Kamado Tanjiro, and I'm new here to Kimetsu Gakuen! We must be in the same class since our shoe lockers are in the same row." he said, with a bright smile on his face.

No reply came.

Tanjiro opened his eyes and found himself looking into two deep purple eyes.

They belonged to a girl who wore her raven colored hair in a side ponytail, fastened back by a clip that looked very similar to a butterfly.

Tanjiro gasped, and covered it up immediately.

She's really pretty! he thought to himself.

He was jolted out of his thoughts, however, when he saw the girl looking down at him, with a calm look on her face.

Why is she looking at me like that? he thought to himself in panic. Did I already say something wrong?

Tanjiro didn't have much time to think.

For the girl had slipped on her black flats quickly. She walked speedily away from the row of lockers.

"Oh." Tanjiro said, feeling defeated.

He looked at his schedule that he had gotten in the mail a week before.

The neatly written note said to report to class 2-B.

Tanjiro walked through the hallways, looking up at the classroom signs. At last, he came to a stop outside of 2-B.

"Here we are!" Tanjiro said happily. He walked into the classroom, and immediately had to duck because a book came flying at his face.

"Hashibira, I must ask you to stop throwing books," someone said, and Tanjiro whirled around to see his homeroom teacher.

The person who had spoken was a woman with long dark hair. Tanjiro noticed that she was wearing two butterfly hairpins, similar to the girl he met earlier.

"Please take your seats, everyone!" she said, clapping her hands.

Once everyone had taken a seat, the teacher wrote her name on the board.

"I am Miss Kanae Kocho," she said. "I'd like to welcome you back, or welcome you to Kimetsu Gakuen!"

"We'll start with introductions. You can go first!" Kanae said, pointing to a blonde haired boy in front.

The boy stood up.

"U-um. I'm Agatsuma Zenitsu!" he exclaimed, and then he sat down again, going red in the face.

"You," Kanae said, pointing to another person.

"I'm Hashibira Inosuke, king of the mountains!" the feminine looking boy shouted, earning a lot of laughs from the rest of the class.

Kanae pointed to another person. Tanjiro noticed it was the person sitting next to him, and he turned to get a glimpse of her face.

It's the girl I met earlier! Tanjiro thought. She sits right next to me!

Tanjiro watched as she walked down to the board, trembling. He saw her pick up a piece of chalk, and scribble kanji to spell out her name.

The board read, Tsuyuri Kanao.

Everyone besides Tanjiro stood up and cheered as Kanao walked back to her desk.

Tanjiro looked around in confusion.

I guess she's popular, he thought.

"You!" Kanae said, pointing at Tanjiro.

"Oh!" Tanjiro exclaimed, standing up.

"I'm Kamado Tanjiro. I've just moved to the city, and my family owns the Kamado bakery just down the street from here." he said, smiling brightly.

"I hope we can all get to know each other!" he said, and then he sat down.

"Thank you, Tanjiro." Kanae said. "You next!"

For the next five minutes it went on in this manner. Kanae called on people, they stood up and introduced themselves, and then it was the next person's turn.

Finally, after everyone was introduced, Kanae scribbled some things on the board.

"Please write this down in your notebooks so that none of you forget what to bring." she said.

Tanjiro wrote everything down, but then he noticed Kanao's eraser falling off her desk.

He bent down to grab it, and began to hand it to her, saying "You dropped your eraser, Kanao~san."

But then something sharp suddenly grazed his hand.

A-a compass? he thought uncertainly, looking around for the thrower of the sharp object.

He whirled around to see a boy with shiny hair, who he immediately recognized as a kid who introduced himself as Murata.

"Don't ever utter the name of the class goddess, Kamado. Even though you're the new kid, we're not cutting you some slack." he hissed.

Tanjiro shivered. People in his class were weird, all right.

The bell suddenly rang, and Tanjiro got hit in the head as someone crashed into him.

"Ack!" was all he could manage, as he saw Kanao being engulfed by a huge crowd of admirers.

Tanjiro felt himself getting dizzy.

And then he blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tanjiro stirred.

He could vaguely hear a small voice...

"Why can't I speak in front of people anymore?"

He then heard a...meow?

Tanjiro jolted upright in his seat.

"Ah! We have P.E. next!" he exclaimed.

He caught Kanao looking at him with wide eyes.

"I didn't hear anything," he said, looking away awkwardly.

But he was thinking something else entirely.

Why would you say that, Tanjiro?! he thought in panic. Of course you heard that!

Kanao suddenly got up from her seat and began to flee from the classroom, her feet making tap tap noises as she ran away in embarrassment.

Quick, Tanjiro! Do something! Or she'll be traumatized for the rest of her life because someone heard her meow! he thought frantically.

A thought ran his mind.

He began to speak.

"Kanao~san...I don't know if I'm right, but is it that you're not good at talking to people?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ᴀ/ɴ: ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀʟʟ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜɪꜱ ᴄʀᴏꜱꜱᴏᴠᴇʀ! ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʀᴇᴀʟʟʏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴀʏ...ʙᴜᴛ ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴜʏꜱ ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜱᴛᴏʀɪᴇꜱ!

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ!

https://www.wattpad.com/1203418786-the-story-of-the-thunder-god-a-demon-slayer/page/2

ᴛʜᴀᴛ'ꜱ ᴀʟʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴍᴇ...ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ꜰᴏʀɢᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴇɴᴛ, ᴠᴏᴛᴇ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ꜰᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ᴍᴇ! ꜱᴛᴀʏ ᴛᴜɴᴇᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ᴜᴘᴅᴀᴛᴇꜱ!

ʙʏᴇ!

ᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: 1258 ᴡᴏʀᴅꜱ ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

507K 25.2K 38
❝ My last words were 'yeet'. What a disgrace. ❞ - (Y/N) (L/N) while dying (again) on a riverbank. ~~~ After dying in a freak accident, you found your...
470K 11.8K 33
"Y/N!" "Oh hey Giyuu." •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Y/N and Giyuu's friendship is strong as usual. The two loved teasing eac...
15K 230 29
"The moon can't shine without the sun for it is a star and the moon is not, but the sun doesn't notice the moon left in the background, it is too foc...
13.5K 371 13
"Please confess already!" Aoi yelled as she pulled her hair in frustration. Kanao blinked and spoke . . Tanjiro stared at the floor and only smiled "...