Wish Upon A Fading Star

By zoeyy_2919

What a lucky Malia to have something that makes saying goodbye so difficult. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
A/N
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Announcement
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
CHITCHAT
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Epilogue
APPRECIATION
New Book!

Chapter 32

899 70 47
By zoeyy_2919

Irene POV:
Greggy followed me hanggang sa bahay. I can't handle this anymore, I'll already end the things between the two of us.

When I reached home, dali-dali akong bumaba ng sasakyan at pumunta sa loob para hindi maabutan ni Greggy. For me to pack my belongings and Malia to leave him, for me to be able to raise my daughter alone and independently, at kakayanin ko hindi yung sama-sama kami sa iisang bahay pero puro lokohan at kasinungalinan lang ang mga nagaganap.

"Irene!" Greggy was calling and pursuing me upstairs, and as I was going to seal the door but he slammed it shut and entered our room.

He was ready to hug me, but I slapped him across the face with all my strength.

"Napakasinungaling at manloloko mong asawa Greggy!" hindi kona mapigilang mapa sigaw dahil sa sakit na nararamdaman ko.

"Irene don't do this. I know you don't wanna hear my side anymore but please just listen to my side for the last time. I can't lose you both ni Malia, both of you are my strength and-"

"Shut up Greggy! Enough for all the pain you've caused to me. What I just saw earlier isn't enough for my evidence? I'm trying Greggy! I'm trying really hard but I can't pretend it doesn't hurt when it really does. Sign it here!" I screamed at him and handed him the annulment papers that were already in my possession a few weeks ago when I assumed the things I should not have in case they weren't true, but they were now.

"I-Irene, what's the meaning of this?" he blindly note.

"Obviously it's the annulment papers Greggy! It was on me a few weeks already, just simply sign it and that's it! Ako ang bubuhay kay Malia, take Luis and Alfonso with you but not my daughter" I said and was about to take the suitcase but Greggy pulled me ang hugged me from behind.

"Irene please don't do this, I-I can't-we're going- I'm going to fix this. But just please don't leave me with Malia-"

"Don't make me get attached and then stop speaking to me Greggy! Just sign already the papers and we're going to leave ni Malia" I calmly said and didn't know that my tears are already cascaded in my face. I'm trying to get away from his hug but his force are stronger than mine hindi ako makagalaw.

"For one last time Irene, please listen on me. I can't fathom what would I feel if the two roses in my life will leave me at my worst phase Irene. Just please, you just need to know this before you intend to leave me" he said and just for real. I'm stuck between I really want to talk to him and I really need to get over upon him. But incase, let me hear the lies he would tell again.

"Just let me go first and I-I'm going to l-listen Greggy" I quote at pumalag naman ito.

"Now talk" I murmur.

"You're correct honey, she absolutely did that kiss on me on purpose. It was all my fault after all the movement she made, some of it was already not on her boundaries but I still let her for I thought in my mind it was just all about in business, Irene. Pero sobra akong nagkamali. How I wish I could turn back the time and listen on you, hindi na sana kita pinangunahan. And when you saw us earlier at my office, she was the one who forcefully kissed me Irene, I'm angry at her for she revealed what she did on me was in purpose. Kaya sinabihan ko siya kanina that I will stop collaborating with their company anymore-dahil baka kung ano pa ang mangyare, timing na dumating ka at bigla na lang ako nitong hinalikan" he said and cry in front of me.

"So if I didn't both caught you in the act. Something will definitely happen. Am I right Greggy?" I declare.

"Do you believe I would have allowed those things to occur if I had known Eva would do so in the first place? Obviously not. Yes, she was my ex, but she was in the past, whereas you are in the present, and yet I adore you more than anybody else on the world, Irene. I know it was unbelievable because I was the male and I was supposed to be the one to harass her, but that is exactly what occurred, Irene. From my business trips till the present, you and Malia have been constantly on my mind. For I am unaware of what is already happening here, particularly that she is undergoing chemo and fighting for her life. If you believe I didn't care about you, Irene, you are mistaken! I understood that what occurred in the past is no longer occurring in the present-"

"It's because of that freaking Eva, Greggy" I cutted him.

"Yes, it was all because of her and my enormous fault too. But what do you want me to do Irene about that papers. It's too much, Malia deserves the both of us especially right now by her side. I know that you're tired of me but let's just contemplate on what's already happening on her, she needs us-not only you and not only me but the both of us. We build this wonderful family yet we're just going falling apart in the end? I married you for I promise President Marcos to gave you love and serenity on our everlasting life and if there are obstacles will came through. We're going to rebuild what we destroy, please don't settle for less just for your own good Irene. I love you for a lifetime yet you will just escape and not help me to fix the problem. If you and Malia will leave, I assure you that you'll never ever get rid of me, for I will always yearn for your love and always follow wherever the both of you will go. Just please don't do this Irene, for me. Specially to Malia- just please stay" he concur while sobbing, this man can't really set me free.

I took a deep breathe first and he was just staring at me as if he thinks I pity him which is truly I am but I cannot just let it pass upon what just happen.

"Now that I already know your side, well I'll be giving you one and half months to truly justify yourself that you've change and rebuild what did you destroy. But if nothing will happen Greggy, I'm sorry but I'm more than a hundred percent sure that both of us ni Malia will going to leave you and you already need to sign these papers" I calmly said and he abruptly hugged me.

"Please forgive what I've done Irene" he added.

"I will but not now Greggy, you need to prove it first if you want my forgiveness. And about this, hindi ito makakarating sa mga bata, except if something will happen in you again"

"Of course Irene, I'll do everything. T-thank you" he said and kissed my forehead, I want to avoid it pero hinayaan ko na lang.

"Ading ko?"

"Mom?" I suddenly heard someone's calling me, it's a familiar voice. Perhaps it's Malia and manang. I told them to be anywhere just not follow me but they immediately head here.

"Act like nothing happened" I said to Greggy and wiped my tears while putting the suitcase under the bed.

"Oh you're just here, mom. And dad? I thought both of you were in the office and did something happened po ba?" Malia spoke while manang is on behind her silently stood.

"You're here na pala honey, yes I've been there awhile ago and head here immediately naman. We're just waiting for you, kami ng dad mo. S-so how's your chemo specifally?" I said and kissed her forehead while manang just stared at me blankly, mukhang alam niya na kung anong nangyare.

"I-It was good naman po, by the way. Me and mama Imee called the whole family here tonight I just want you to invite a dinner for I have something to tell po. Did you cry daddy? Okay ka lang po ba?" biglang tanong nito.

"D-daddy's fine anak, napuwing lang. And what's that announcement all about honey? Is there any occasion for tonight's dinner anak?" Greggy came to us and also kissed Malia's forehead.

"Just want to tell a significant details dad, I'm just in my room lang po magpapahinga" she answered and came to her room abruptly. I want to ask her a lot of things but it's look like she's tired, kaya I let her rest na lang muna.

"Oh ate, salamat talaga for-" and was about to hug her.

"Ayusin niyo yang dalawa, the problem. I don't want my niece to suffer in pain again, lalo ka na Greggy. I'll be here for the mean time, yet if the two of you intend to ask me why Malia set a dinner for the family tonight. I especially don't know- tahimik yan kanina pa" manang warned us at timing naman na may mga taong dumating and she told us that it was the catering. Bakit naman biglaan? How I wish I didn't left her for this dumb argument of us ni Greggy.

"You heard manang, let's fix these" I faced him and spoke, then decided to keep the annulment papers in the night stand and leave the room to help the catering.

When I'm already downstairs ay naka sunod pala sa akin si Greggy, kung saan ako magpupunta ay naka buntot rin ito at nagsisimulang kausapin ako at si manang na parang walang nangyare which is I'm glad that he's true on his words. But for now, hindi muna ako magpapadala.

"What happened?" I was taken aback when manang asked me, I thought na nasa gilid ko pa rin si Greggy pero nasa garden pala and helping the catering to fix some things.

"I caught them in the act manang" I note and was about to cry but manang then suddenly shook her head which means that I should force myself not to cry, lalo na pagabi na and anytime some of the family will be here already.

"He said he'll start rebuild what he destroy manang, but his words always fails me to believe. But I will gave him a last chance and if he still can't prove it, we're leaving na ni Malia. For real lang manang, we fail already many times in life at natatakot na ako" I concur and she abruptly hold my hand.

"Hay ading ko, don't contemplate about what happened. Stop holding back on life because you fear failure. Failure isn't losing, it's gaining experience. Failure isn't the end, it's redirection. Start living, even if it means failing. Especially to Malia" manang note and simply hugged me.

"Don't give up ading ko, I'm here whatever may happen. I love you" she said and caressed my back at timing naman na nagsidatingan ni sila mommy together with Bonget and the rest of the family. We're really complete as of now.

"Manang do you have any idea sa sasabihin ni Malia?" I asked manang again.

"Wala talaga Irene eh, I'm kinda feel nervous. What if-"

"Huwag na nating pangunahan manang" I stopped her and she respond me with a nod na kaagad naman akong pumunta sa mga bagong dating at binati isa-isa.

"Well I guess we're complete for tonight's dinner" I said.

"Paano ba naman namin kakalimutan to Irene, Malia said that this dinner's very important for she'll announce some important matter. Palalampasin ba namin, teka baka gumaling na siya, do you know anything in here" mommy asked me at binati ko ito ng halik sa pisngi.

"N-no mom, I have no idea for tonight's dinner I was shocked lang na eh. Pagkadating ni Lia dito she declared that we're having a dinner now" I answered.

"It's good na rin that we can bond as a family again after a long time. Matagal din kaya tayong hindi nagkita-kita at kung mag kikita naman, hindi naman lahat nandito. I'm glad that Malia set this dinner, where is she na nga pala" mom and Bonget added.

"Oh! I'll just call her mommy-"

"Ako na hon" Greggy then cutted me and  greet the family and decided to call Malia already. Hindi ko naman ito mapigilan.

"S-sure h-hon" utal kong sagot at inaya na ang pamilya sa mesa.

Ilang minuto lang ay bumba na ang dalawa and Malia greet all of us.

"Hi honey, how's your rest?" I asked her.

"Really good mom. Pasensya kung napahaba po ang pahinga ko"

"It's okay anak" I note and she sit between us ni Greggy.

"Dahil ikaw ang mas nahuli sa akin, siyempre ikaw na mag lead ng prayer" Sandro state at napatawa naman ang iba.

"Sure kuya, ikaw ha.Nakakaisa kana" pagbabalik ni Malia.

Malia did lead the prayer and as of now we're already eating. The conversation are flowing and cannot fathom the happiness in this table. I felt relieved kahit papano after what happened between the two of us ni Greggy awhile ago. I disregard that muna sa ngayon and will talk to him again kapag naayos na ang lahat.

I caressed Malia's hair back and forth then asked her why she suggested to set this dinner tonight. Kaagad naman kaming narinig nila Alfy and Luis which asked Lia kaya narinig na ng lahat.

"Oo nga bunso, what's this dinner all about? Diba you have something to tell?" Alfy quote which made Luis agree.

"Mamaya na kuya kapag tapos na ang lahat kumain and having conversation to each other" she answered calmly which already made me alarmed.

"Anak ano ba talagang meron?" I asked her quietly.

"N-nothing mom, you'll find out later naman" she spoke which Greggy heard pala and stared at me. But I avoided his gaze.

Minutes passed at gumagabi na, ay hindi pa rin sinasabi ni Lia ang gustong sabihin nito. Nakainom na nag iba sa amin until her Kuya Simon reminded her which she already agree to tell us.

"Gumaling kana?" pinangunahan ni Sandro which Liza scold him that he should be quiet.

Lia smiled at us first before decided to speak.

"The reason I set this dinner tonight, to inform you that-" then her tears suddenly appeared.

"I'm already dying m-mommy and d-daddy. I have o-only one a-and a half months to live d-due to t-the severity o-of my leukemia, which has p-progressed to acute m-myeloid leukemia, which is c-currently i-incurable. I've p-prepared t-this dinner in c-case I v-vanish unexpectedly i-is that something f-fantastic has o-occurred in my life. And t-this is it"

Then the silence in this house became unbearable.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 1.6K 11
Basically what's in the title... have a sexy imagination... πŸ™ƒ Top: Jungkook Bottom: Jimin Some Jimin is top..but Jungkook is mostly top. Tell me i...
17.9K 804 26
Home is not just a place, sometimes a person can also be a home.
1.1M 49K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
3.4K 186 10
COVER BY Skye The Human @tsundoku-- This is the last summer Adora and Catra will spend together before Adora leaves to do humanitarian work across th...