Inner Peace - LOK fanfic

By BookLover905

. Some friendships are so strong They can even... More

Prologue
Inner Peace
Elira
Trailer
Welcome to Republic City Pt.1
Welcome To Republic City Pt.2
A Leaf In The Wind Pt.1
A Leaf In The Wind P.t 2
The Revelation Pt. 1
The Revelation Pt. 2
A Voice In The Night
The Spirit of Competition
And The Winner Is...
The Aftermath Pt. 1
When Extremes meet
Out Of The Past
Turning the Tides
Skeletons in the Closet
Endgame! Part 1
Endgame! Part 2
Rebel Spirit pt. 1
Rebel Spirit pt.2
The Southern Lights
Civil Wars Pt 1
Civil Wars Pt 2
Peacekeepers
The Sting
The Guide
A New Spiritual Age
Night Of A Thousand Stars Pt 1
Night Of A Thousand Stars pt. 2
Harmonic Convergence
Darkness Falls
Light in the Dark
A Breath of Fresh Air
Rebirth Pt.1
Rebirth Pt. 2
The Earth Queen
In Harms Way Pt.1
In Harms Way Pt. 2
The Metal Clan
Old Wounds
Republic City Hustle
The Terror Within Pt. 1
The Terror Within Pt. 2
The Stakeout
Long Live The Queen

The Aftermath Pt.2

919 30 1
By BookLover905

Elira was soon on an airship with the others heading for the Sato Mansion. Tenzin was speaking with Lin closer to the front while Korra sat on the floor further back, watching as Elira paced anxiously in front of her.

"El, they're gonna be fine" She attempted to reassure the airbender 

"We won't know until we get there" Elira muttered, continuing to pace. 

Korra looked down, fiddling with her hands "Do you...You don't think Asami knows, do you? About all this?" 

 Elira sighed and stopped by the window, staring down at the city below them "I don't know"

They soon arrived at the Sato estate. Asami and the boys were relaxing in the living room, Bolin eating from the bowl of fruit while Mako took out an LP from the cover, showing it to his girlfriend when the metalbender cops burst into the living room, causing Bolin to raise his arms in fear.

"What are you doing here?" Asami demanded, annoyed and angry as they entered.

Elira rushed into the room from behind them, quickly hugging Bolin tightly as she sighed with relief" Thank goodness you're okay. I was so worried"

"El?" Bolin stared at his best friend, confused "What's going on?"

"Yeah, why wouldn't we be okay?" Mako added

"We have a reason to believe that there's a factory hidden below the mansion," Lin explained, stepping into the room.

" I think I would've noticed if there were a factory underneath my house" Asami narrowed her eyes " The lies you people come up with just to persecute my father"

"Where is your father?" Tenzin questioned

"In his workshop, behind the house." Asami scowled 

*

They all ventured outside to Hiroshi's workshop. Metalbender cops guarded the area as they all walked toward the building. The metalbender cops burst into the workshop but found no one in the room.

"Dad? Hello?" Asami called out for her father but received no answer. 

"Chief, the estate's been secured. No one has left the workshop since we arrived." An officer approached Lin

"Perhaps we just couldn't see him leaving," Elira thought out loud.

"You read my mind, kid" Lin walked into the middle of the room with her hands behind her back. She raised her leg and metalbent her left sole, removing it to expose her barefoot. Slamming her foot to the ground, she used her seismic sense to feel everything around her and look for any hidden passageways.

After a moment, she stood up straight and opened her eyes "There's a tunnel beneath the workshop running deep into the mountainside."

"What? There's no tunnel" Asami scoffed

Lin looked at the floor and metalbent to remove the metal layer, exposing a set of stairs. They all peered down seeing an elevator leading below the workshop.

"Do you think your dad knows about this tunnel?" Bolin whispered to Asami who looked confused and shocked.

"I don't understand. There must be an explanation."

" Maybe you don't know everything about your father," Korra said softly

Elira placed a hand on her friend's shoulder comfortingly "I'm so sorry, Asami"

Lin addressed her men "Officers, into the tunnel. Be cautious"

The officers walked toward the stairs and Mako, Bolin and Asami went to follow when Lin stopped them " Uh-uh, you three stay up here"

She turned to one of her officers " Officer Song, keep an eye on them"

Song saluted her obediently.

Before she could go in, Bolin grabbed Elira's wrist, stopping her.

"El?"

The airbender turned and smiled softly at him "It's gonna be okay"

She pulled her best friend into a hug and Mako quickly join them

"Just promise us you'll be careful down there, El," The firebender said as they let go of one another.

"I promise" Elira smiled before turning and walking down behind her father and Lin.

Korra followed after her, turning her head and looking at the three in sadness and Mako turned his head away with guilt.

*

The elevator took the group down further and further until it finally stopped.

They cautiously walked into a massive room that has posters of Amon hanging up and large robotic machines on the sides.

"Not your average backyard workshop," Lin said as they walked further in

"And I'm guessing those are the new weapons" Korra stopped and pointed at the large robotic machines on the sides. Lin, Tenzin and Elira stopped beside her. 

"Hiroshi was lying all right" Tenzin scowled

"Yeah, but where is he?" Elira muttered, looking around at the factory and machines lined against the walls. 

Suddenly, a metal wall shot up and blocked the entrance with a bang, trapping them inside!

*

The noise echoed all the way back upstairs in the small workshop, where the three teens left behind were able to hear it.

"What was that?" Bolin questioned, as they peered down the tunnel.

"We need to get down there and see what's going on." Mako declared

"Absolutely not. You're staying put until the chief comes back." Officer Song argued strictly

Bolin and Mako shared a knowing glance

"All right, we'll stay put. But could we wait outside or something? It's so dusty in this workshop" Mako rubbed his nose. 

"No! We're waiting right here!"

"Okay, but don't blame me if I start sne-" Mako began to sneeze "if I start sn-sn-sneez-"

"What's your problem, bub?" Song questioned

"I'm about to-" Mako suddenly firebent as he sneezed, causing Song to real back. 

Bolin earthbent a small mound of rock under the officer's foot, tripping him before the earthbender then jumped on the man laying on the floor. 

The teens tied the officer to a barrel with a cloth over his mouth as he struggled, yelling at them behind his gag. 

" Sorry pal, we know you were just doing your job" Mako stood up.

"Yeah, just stay put until the chief comes back. That sounds very familiar doesn't it, why? Because you said it" Bolin smirked, pointing at Song. 

The three walked toward the stairs, but Mako quickly stopped Asami by putting his hands on her shoulders "Asami, you should stay here. We'll check it out."

" I have to find out the truth about my father." She argued, looking determined.

"I understand. That's why I'm going down, to find out for you. Please." Mako begged

"All right" Asami looked down in disappointment

"Be careful" She said as the brothers headed down the stairs.

"Please be okay, airhead" Bolin thought to himself as they walked onto the elevator.

*

Meanwhile, down in the factory, Lin attempted the bend the seemingly metal wall, but to no avail.

Hiroshi's voice suddenly echoed over the speakers "I'm afraid you won't be able to metalbend that wall, Chief Beifong"

Green lights suddenly turned on around them, causing them all to shield their eyes from the glares as the robotic machines suddenly came to life and surrounded them

"It's solid platinum. My mecha tanks are platinum as well. Not even your renowned mother could bend a metal so pure." Elira glared when she spotted Hiroshi sitting in one of the mecha tanks looking smug.

"Hiroshi, I knew you were a lying, no good Equalist!" Korra yelled, " Come out here and-"

"And do what, young Avatar? Face the wrath of your bending? No. I think I'll fight from inside here where my odds are a little more ... equal." The man smirked

"That source was a set-up! You lured us down here!" Lin realised as the mecha tanks came closer to the benders causing Tenzin to step in front of his daughter protectively.

"Guilty as charged." Hiroshi shot out a grappler from his mecha tank at them, but they all quickly evaded it.

Another mecha tank attacked the metalbender cops but they dodged shooting out cables to wrap around its arms, holding it down.

Lin ran forward, dodging a grappler and earthbent herself up into the air. She metalbent daggers from her wrist armour, and landed onto the head of the mecha tank, stabbing through the glass but missing the Equalist inside.

She kept stabbing the machine, making it move backwards and crash into some metal supports.

Fighting off another mecha tank, Elira was distracted dodging a grappler sent her way and didn't notice Hiroshi moving toward her.

Tenzin however, did notice and airbent Hiroshi back away from his daughter. Elira looked confused for a second, glancing over her shoulder and smiling thankfully at her father.

The metalbender cops, on the other hand, were having a difficult time holding the other mecha tanks down, their cable spools starting to spark and overheat with the effort. As they were pulled forward by the tank, they raised the earth with their bending in an attempt to find more foothold to withstand the pull.

The mecha tanks wrapped the cables around their arms and conducted electricity through them, shocking the officers until they lost consciousness and released their grip.

Lin attempted to deliver another stab to the mecha tank she was on but was suddenly grabbed from behind with a grappler, knocking her against a metal support beam. She was flung across the room and landed hard on the ground, unconscious.

Elira, Tenzin and Korra used their airbending and firebending respectively to push Hiroshi's mecha tank into the corner. Furious, the man shot a grappler in Korra's direction but the Avatar repeatedly backflipped to avoid the attack.

Having moved out of the path of the weapon, she earthbent a rock out of the ground and launched it at Hiroshi but was then grabbed and shoved forward by another mecha tank's grappling hook.

She slammed against a large metal pipe and fell unconscious.

"Korra!" Elira quickly used her bending to cushion her friend's fall

"Look out!"

The teen turned at her father's cry, grunting as she was grabbed by a grappling hook and flung against the floor, smacking her head against the concrete.

"Elira!" Tenzin watched in horror as his daughter lay completely still.

Now alone, Tenzin turned to continue fighting off Hiroshi and another Equalist. Using his airbending he created an air wheel, moving towards the mecha tanks as their grappling hooks were deflected.

He jumped up, but Hiroshi shot bolas combined with an electric disk ensnaring him with it.

Tenzin grunted in pain as he was electrocuted and roughly landed on the ground.

Hiroshi climbed out of his mecha tank, smirking at the unconscious benders.

"Well, I'd say that was a near-flawless test run" He turned to one of the Equalists, pointing at the benders on the floor "Load everyone into the transports and deliver them to Amon!"

*

Hidden behind some boxes, a hole was earthbent from the ground, and Bolin popped up from underneath along with Mako. They look around until they noticed with horror the metalbenders being dragged into the trucks.

"Oh no," Bolin muttered, spying Elira laying on the floor not far from her father

"Korra was right. We gotta do something, quick!"

The boys climbed out of the hole and hid behind a huge metal tank. After a second, they nodded at each other and crept over to where Tenzin, Lin, Elira and Korra were laying.

Mako hoisted Korra onto his back, while Bolin did the same with Tenzin after untying the bola wrapped around him. He then knelt down beside Elira, brushing her hair out of her face.

"El? El, can you hear me? Wake up, airhead" He shook her gently

Elira groaned softly, pain shooting through her body as she opened her eyes slightly, seeing the blurred figure of her best friend staring down at her.

"...Bo?"

"I'm here, El. I'm here. Come on, let's get you out of here" Bolin picked Elira up bridle style with Tenzin still on his back unconscious.

Elira groaned softly and clung to him, her body aching as they slowly began to creep away, Mako grabbing Lin's arm to drag her away as well.

"Not so fast, boys" Hiroshi stopped them, conducting electricity from his gloves while the Lieutenant stood at his side.

Mako dropped Lin's arm as they turned to face them.

"Put the girl down, Bolin. Now" Hiroshi held up his glove threateningly, electricity crackling

The earthbender hesitated but slowly lowered Elira to the ground. She groaned softly in pain as she was set down.

"Hello, Mr Sato. Wow! What a really swell, scary factory you have here under your giant mansion." Bolin laughed nervously, using Tenzin's arms to express his surprise

"Sponsoring our team, supporting the Avatar. It was all just a big cover." Mako glared

"Yes, and the most difficult part was watching my daughter traipse around with a firebending street rat like you!" More electricity crackled from Hiroshi's gloves as he and the Lieutenant approached them.

Elira glared at them, and ignoring the amount of pain she was in, she shot up sending Hiroshi and the Lieutenant to the ground with gusts of air.

"Why you little..." Hiroshi glared up at the teen.

"Guys, go! Get out of here!" Elira turned her head to her friends

"No, not without you!" Bolin argued

"I'll be fine, get Korra and my dad out--"

"El, look out!"

Elira screamed in pain as a bola wrapped around her, sending currents of electricity through her already weak body. She fell to the ground barely conscious and groaning in pain.

"Elira!" The boys began to run toward their friend as Hiroshi and the Equalists surrounded them.

"Dad, stop!" Asami's voice suddenly called out.

Hiroshi turned around in surprise, seeing his daughter staring at him in sadness "Why?"

"Sweetie, I wanted to keep you out of this as long as I could. But now you know the truth, please, forgive me. These people, these benders" Hiroshi pointed at Elira and the ferrets as Korra slowly gained consciousness.

"They took away your mother, the love of my life. They've ruined the world, but with Amon, we can fix it and build a perfect world together. We can help people like us, everywhere!"

Hiroshi took off one of his gloves and offered it to his daughter "Join me, Asami. Join me and make these benders pay. Starting with that one"

Hiroshi pointed at Elira weakly laying on the floor, peeking her eyes open slightly wearily, the bola wrapped around her, preventing her from moving.

Asami looked at her father with uncertainty, but she hesitatingly stepped toward him. She stared at the glove with fear, trembling as she reached for it.

"No ..." Mako muttered in disbelief as she grabbed the glove off her father, slipping it onto her hand and approaching Elira, standing over her.

"Do it, Asami. Avenge your mother" Hiroshi hissed as Asami stared down at Elira, who stared right back. Her eyes filled with sadness and begging.

Asami's gaze flickered to her glove and she closed her eyes in almost regret " I love you, Dad."

She suddenly electrocuted her father, making him yell in pain until he lost consciousness.

The Lieutenant attacked her, but she used self-defence techniques to easily defeat him with his own electrified kali stick.

Her friends were stunned at the fact that she took them down so easily by herself. Asami then walked over to release Elira from the bola and held out her hand to help her up. The airbender smiled tiredly and accepted the help as Lin regained consciousness and the mecha tanks suddenly noticed them.

" Let's get out of here!" Mako cried

With Elira now leaning against Asami for support, they ran over to the large hole Mako and Bolin came in through. They all jumped in and just as the mecha tanks threw more bola's at them, Bolin earthbent the hole shut.

*

They were now on the police airship floating away from the Sato mansion. Elira was sat on a bench with her eyes closed and Pichi on her lap. After a moment she opened them and glanced sadly over at Asami who was looking down at her former home in dismay. Despite the pounding in her head, she slowly got up and approached the older girl, standing beside her silently as Pichi moved to her shoulder. 

"...I'm so sorry, Asami" She whispered

"Don't be, it wasn't your fault" Asami replied

"I'm gonna be honest, but for a second I seriously thought you were gonna electrocute me back there" Elira admitted

 "I'm not my father, I know you had nothing to do with what happened" Asami closed her eyes" I'm sorry you got hurt, El, and for snapping at you earlier today. You didn't deserve it. You were just looking out for me and the guys. I guess I was just..." 

"Angry, I get it, and it's okay. I would have been the same if it was my dad" Elira placed a hand on her shoulder, glancing behind her at her father talking with Lin. 

"So...Friends?" Asami smiled softly

"Friends" Elira nodded and returned the smile before moving away as Mako walked over, wrapping his arm around Asami comfortingly.

Elira sat back down on the bench, grimacing a little in pain as Bolin came and sat next to her.

"You sure you're okay, El?" He asked as Pabu and Pichi jumped onto Elira's lap

"I'll be fine, Bo. I just need to rest for a bit" She leant her head against the earthbender's shoulder, smiling when he wrapped his arm around her.

"Looks like Mako and I are finally coming to stay with you on the island" Bolin muttered

"Yeah, finally after 8 years" Elira chuckled softly, nudging the boy beside her "Only took uncovering a secret underground factory" 

Bolin breathed out a laugh, nudging her back playfully. Elira smiled softly as her eyes slowly drooped and fell asleep. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.9K 573 10
Korra was involved in a horrid accident that left her paralyzed. Within that time, her world became a blur of anger and secret feelings for her best...
32.7K 1.4K 44
After three years, Team Avatar is back in Republic City for Prince Wu's coronation. However, after things take an unexpected turn, Ulazu is forced to...
74.5K 3.4K 60
After fighting last years battles, Ulazu is free to chase her dream of being a pro bender before her family responsibilities catch up to her. But as...
54.4K 1.4K 52
∞ Y/n and Korra are best friends! And have been for many years, until life changes and y/n leaves, they eventually meet again but it's different, how...