Inner Peace - LOK fanfic

By BookLover905

. Some friendships are so strong They can even... More

Prologue
Inner Peace
Elira
Trailer
Welcome to Republic City Pt.1
Welcome To Republic City Pt.2
A Leaf In The Wind Pt.1
A Leaf In The Wind P.t 2
The Revelation Pt. 1
The Revelation Pt. 2
A Voice In The Night
The Spirit of Competition
And The Winner Is...
The Aftermath Pt. 1
The Aftermath Pt.2
When Extremes meet
Turning the Tides
Skeletons in the Closet
Endgame! Part 1
Endgame! Part 2
Rebel Spirit pt. 1
Rebel Spirit pt.2
The Southern Lights
Civil Wars Pt 1
Civil Wars Pt 2
Peacekeepers
The Sting
The Guide
A New Spiritual Age
Night Of A Thousand Stars Pt 1
Night Of A Thousand Stars pt. 2
Harmonic Convergence
Darkness Falls
Light in the Dark
A Breath of Fresh Air
Rebirth Pt.1
Rebirth Pt. 2
The Earth Queen
In Harms Way Pt.1
In Harms Way Pt. 2
The Metal Clan
Old Wounds
Republic City Hustle
The Terror Within Pt. 1
The Terror Within Pt. 2
The Stakeout
Long Live The Queen

Out Of The Past

1.2K 26 3
By BookLover905

The next morning, Meelo was asleep in his parent's bed, lying between them and snoring. He was rudely awoken by the telephone loudly ringing. He sat up, rubbed his eyes, and crawled over his father's face to answer the phone, waking him up in the process.

"Who is this? It's six in the morning! This better be important!" He snapped as his father sat up behind him, taking the phone leaving him somewhat annoyed. 

"Councilman Tenzin here" Tenzin answered as Pema sat up 

"What?!" Tenzin's eyes suddenly widened in shock at what he was told 

Equalists had attacked City Hall. 

And they had kidnapped Korra! 

He rushed to City Hall as fast as he could. When he arrived, he saw a photographer taking pictures of the damages,  an electrified glove and several Equalists weapons that were scattered about. Scanning the room, Tenzin saw Tarrlok having his arm wound tended to by a healer while Saikhan stood beside him with a clipboard. 

"What happened? What was Korra doing at City Hall?" He questioned, walking up to Tarrlok 

"As I told Chief Saikhan,  Korra came to my office late last night. She was upset that I arrested her friends" Tarrlok explain, standing up as he rolled down his sleeve." She asked me to release them and ... that's when the Equalists attacked. I tried to protect Korra, but we were outnumbered. Then, I was electrocuted. When I came to, the police had arrived. But Korra was gone. I'm so sorry" 

He turned to Saikhan " Chief Saikhan, mobilize the entire police force. We have to find the Avatar" 

*

Elira sighed, bored out of her mind as she lay upside down off the edge of her metal cot. She was thinking about her family. Knowing her father would be angry, with her, Tarrlok and the police. Her mother and grandmother would be worried sick but would put on a brave face around others. And her siblings, her baby brother and sisters. Meelo and Ikki were probably confused and scared, not understanding what was happing or why. And Jinora, she'd understand what was happening but that wouldn't mean she wouldn't be scared or worried. El loved all her siblings, but she'd always been closest with Jinora, even as a child. 

CRASH! 

"Ahh!" Elira fell off the bed with a startled cry when her cell door was suddenly ripped off its hinges and thrown to the side with a bang. 

"Lin? Asami?" She questioned, seeing their upside-down figures standing in the doorway. 

"Get up, kid. I'm busting you out." Lin declared

"Really? Sweet!" El grinned, airbending to her feet and following the two. 

They reached the cell where the boys were being held and Lin metalbent the door off its hinges.

"El! Asami!" Mako grinned as his girlfriend embraced him

"Bo! You okay, dirt brain?" El asked, heading to where her best friend was facing the corner 

"Ahh! A little privacy, please!" He cried, blushing 

"Gah! Sorry Bo!" El immediately stopped covering her eyes, only now realising her best friend was trying to go to the bathroom when they burst in. 

"Are you all right?" Mako asked Asami 

"I'm fine! It's so good to see you." She smiled 

"Hate to break up your lovers' reunion, but Korra's in trouble. Amon captured her." Lin explained 

The kids stared at her in horror. 

"No. No, she can't be gone!" Mako muttered 

"Come on, we have an Avatar to rescue." 

The teens began running from the cell, but as Bolin was the last the leave, a zipping noise made him stop, squeak and blush, covering his groin. 

"Your fly was down," Lin stated bluntly, turning to leave 

"Thanks for catching that." The teen muttered, an embarrassed blush on his cheeks as he followed her. 

*

When they got back to the island, Elira grinned when she saw her siblings sitting on the steps looking bored with Pichi beside them. She let out a sharp whistle making Pichi perk her head up, chittering. Upon seeing her owner, the lemur let out a screech and bolted to the airbender. 

"Hey, girl! Miss me?" She giggled as the animal climbed onto her shoulder nuzzling her. 

"El!" The kids cried, rushing toward her grinning. 

 The teen knelt with her arms spread wide and laughed when her siblings tackled her to the floor. The other watched amused as the kids clung to their big sister. 

"We missed you so much" 

"I was only gone for like a day" Elira laughed before hugging them tighter "But I missed you too" 

Meelo climbed onto her shoulders, grinning "Can you come play now?" 

 Elira shook her head and put him back down beside Jinora and Ikki "No, Meelo. I gotta go help dad find Korra" 

"We'll help too" Ikki declared 

"Yeah, we wanna fight bad guys!" Meelo added, grinning

"No, stay here and look after mom and Gran-Gran" Elira pulled the kids in for another hug, holding them tightly "Everything's gonna be alright. You'll see" 

She gave them one last squeeze before getting up and heading inside with the others. The kids watched her leave and Jinora looked off to the side, a worried expression on her face. 

*

Lin and the teens walked into Tenzin's office, finding him on the phone at his desk. He looked stunned upon seeing them. 

"I have to go. Call me back the minute you hear anything" He hung up the phone and stood up, looking very surprised" Lin? Wh-wh-what are y- What are y- You should be in the hospital! And you four! You should be in prison!" 

Elira waved sheepishly "Hey, dad" 

"I figured you could use our help finding Korra," Lin stated

Tenzin rounded the desk and quickly pulled his daughter in for a hug "Are you alright?" 

"I'm fine, dad. We need to focus on finding Korra" El replied 

"Do you have any leads?" Mako asked, anxiously 

"I've been on the phone all morning, but nothing yet," Tenzin explained 

"We need Naga! She can track Korra." Elira declared 

"I'm afraid her polar bear dog is missing as well." Tenzin shook his head 

"Then where do we start?" Bolin asked 

"My guess is the Equalists are hiding underground in the maze of tunnels beneath the city," Lin said 

"Underground ... just like my father's secret factory. Figures." Asami muttered bitterly 

" Yeah! Yeah, that makes sense! When those chi-blockers had me and El in their truck, it sounded like we drove into a tunnel!" Bolin realised 

"I know where to start looking! Come on!" Mako exclaimed and the teens rushed from the room followed quickly by the adults. 

*

 The group used Oogie to fly to downtown Republic City. They landed in a deserted street and dismounted, El sliding down the bison's tail with Bo. 

"The truck with Bolin and El took off down this alley" Mako pointed down a road and the group jogged to the next intersection. 

"Which way?" Asami asked as they stopped 

"Hmm. This way kinda smells familiar" Bolin sniffed the air, pointing down one of the roads. 

Lin metalbent the sole of her shoe back, using seismic sense to search around the area. 

"There's a tunnel nearby" She declared and set off with the others following her down an embankment. 

"There!" Elira pointed at a large tunnel entrance with a metal gate. 

Lin walked up to it and inspected the snowy ground around it. "Motorcycle tracks."

"Korra has to be in there ... somewhere," Mako muttered 

Lin metalbent the gate open and the group headed in. It was dark so Mako used his firebending to light the way.

They soon came to an intersection of tunnels going in all different directions. 

"Let's try this way." Mako pointed down one of the tunnels 

"And what if Korra's not down there?" Asami asked 

"Then we pick another tunnel until we find her!" Mako snapped and walked off 

Elira frowned when she saw the hurt expression on Asami's face. She placed her hand on her shoulder "I'll talk to him" 

The group headed down the tunnel and El sped up until she was walking next to Mako. She hit him in the arm making him jump. 

"Ow! What was that for?" 

"Why are you snapping at Asami?" She crossed her arms in question 

Mako looked down "I didn't mean to snap, I'm just worried about Korra" 

"We're all worried about Korra. But don't take your frustrations out on Asami. She's done nothing wrong" Elira scolded 

"Alright, I'm sorry" Mako sighed

"Don't apologise to me. I'm not the one you snapped at" Elira hit his arm again 

"Hey! Would you stop that? You know that's not very airbender like" He teased 

Elira poked her tongue out at him childishly but froze when the screeching of motorcycles filled the tunnel. 

"Hide!" Lin hissed 

They all promptly ducked behind a pillar as two Equalist motorcycles approached. A secret door in the opposite wall of the tunnel suddenly opened and the two motorcycles raced inside with the door promptly closing behind them. 

As soon as they were gone, Lin crossed the tunnel, followed by the others. She ran her hand across the door before using metalbending to trigger the opening mechanism and force the door up. The group rushed in and the door closed behind them. 

*

Heading down the tunnel, they found a large open space, where Equalists were loading supplies onto tram carts on tracks that led into various tunnels.  An Equalist with a clipboard was directing the loading and traffic.

"That tram goes to the training camp" The tram disappeared down a tunnel and the Equalist walked over to another one that had just arrived. 

"Everything was delivered to the prison, sir." A female Equalist climbed off

"That's where they must be keeping Korra," Tenzin whispered 

"We need to get down that tunnel" Lin signalled the group with her hand and they all ran toward the tram, quickly jumping in and taking off. 

 At the tunnel's exit, two Equalists were waiting for the tram. A light flashed and an alarm buzzed to signal the tram's arrival. But when it came...nothing was in it. 

"It's empty!" One of them exclaimed 

"Yeah, I can see that." The other replied sarcastically 

From inside the tunnel, Lin used her metalbending cables to grab the two Equalists and drag them inside. They were quickly knocked out and tied up. 

"You two, keep an eye on them," Lin ordered Bolin and Asami, heading up the stairs. 

She then stomped the floor, using her seismic sense to search the prison." My officers are inside." 

"And Korra?" El asked 

"I don't see her yet." 

El made her way up the stairs and into a corridor with Mako, Lin, and her father. They turned the corner and spotted two Equalists. Noticing the group, they threw a couple of bola's at them but Elira and Tenzin quickly used their airbending to knock them against a wall. 

Lin wandered toward the cells to find her officers as Mako ran toward the Equalists and grabbed one of them, removing his mask." Avatar Korra. Where are you keeping her?" 

The man didn't answer so Mako pinned him against a wall angrily 

"I'll ask you one more time; where is she?" He demanded, igniting his free hand. 

"We don't have the Avatar" The man finally replied weakly while grabbing Mako's arm "And the Equalists didn't attack City Hall. Tarrlok's lying

"What?" Mako dropped the man to the ground, surprised but didn't let go of him. 

 Lin walked up to them with her officers behind her "I scanned the entire prison. Korra's not here." 

"Why would Tarrlok make up a story about getting attacked?" Mako questioned, letting go of the man who collapsed, and dispersed the flame in his hand

"Because he has Korra!" Elira realised 

"He fooled us all!" Tenzin exclaimed before suddenly a siren sounded and the group ran back to where Bolin and Asami were standing on the tram, Asami in the driver seat. 

"Let's go, people!" Bolin yelled 

Everyone climbed into the tram, and Asami took off. Glancing over her shoulder, Elira noticed Equalists in another tram catching up from behind.

"Uh, guys, we got a tail!" She announced 

 "I got this " Bolin brought his arms up and used his earthbending to collapse the tunnel sides, causing the tram to crash into the rubble.

"Try to chi-block that, fools!" He challenged, jubilantly and Elira laughed 

"We've got more company!" Lin called from the front, noticing the Lieutenant with an army of Equalists and several mecha tanks waiting up ahead.  

She metalbent a rail from the ceiling onto the track "Hang on!" 

The tram climbed the rail as Lin earthbent a hole in the ceiling to allow them through. The tram flew through the gap and landed on the ground of the tunnel above. Everyone groaned as the tram came screeching to a stop. 

Lin made another hole in the ceiling and daylight streamed in. They began climbing out and Tenzin reached down to help out his daughter. 

"Are you alright?" He asked

"I'm fine, dad. But why would Tarrlok take Korra?" El replied "I get she attacked him but, he could've just called the police to have her arrested. Why resort to kidnapping?" 

"I don't know" Tenzin shook his head "But I do know that we need to get to City hall as soon as possible and expose Tarrlok for his crimes" 

*

The group headed for City Hall where the council members and Chief Saikhan were waiting for them. 

"Thank you all for meeting us on such short notice," Tenzin said as they approached 

"Chief." Lin looked at Saikhan coldly 

"Lin" He replied just as icily 

"Awkward" Bolin muttered to El as the two adults stared each other down.

 The airbender tried her best not to laugh, elbowing Bolin's side. Her smirk quickly fell however when Tarrlok entered the room. 

"Have you news of Avatar Korra?" He asked, coming up behind them 

"Yeah, we do" Elira glared and pointed at him accusingly "You kidnapped her, Tarrlok!" 

The councilman pretended to look innocent " I am shocked you would accuse me of such an evil act! I already explained: Equalists attacked us and took her!" 

"There were no chi-blockers. You planted the evidence!" Elira yelled

"That is a ridiculous accusation from a ridiculous child!" 

" It's true! He took her!" The council page called from behind a pillar on the balcony " I was here when Avatar Korra arrived last night, but Councilman Tarrlok ordered me to leave. I was on my way out when I saw Tarrlok bring her down to the garage." 

"That is nonsense!  Everyone knows you're nothing but a squeaky-voiced liar!" Tarrlok pointed at the page enraged as the small man cowered behind the pillar. 

"Why did you wait until now to 'fess up?" Lin questioned the page, crossing her arms 

"I was terrified to tell because ... because..." 

Elira began to get frustrated "Because why? Tell us!" 

"Because Tarrlok is a bloodbender! He bloodbent Avatar Korra!"

They all gasped and turned to Tarrlok shocked. 

"Don't make this worse for yourself. Tell us where you have Korra" Tenzin demanded, taking his bending stance. Lin followed his actions. 

The two went to attack the man but cried out when their bodies suddenly seized up. 

"Dad!" Elira yelled before crying in pain as her muscles tensed painfully, her limbs moving unnaturally on their own in weird angles. 

 Everyone in the room cried out in pain as Tarrlok bloodbent them to their knees. He continued to bloodbend until one by one, they all fell unconscious.

*

A little while later, Lin was the first to awaken. She got up and went over to Tenzin still passed out. 

"Wake up!" She slapped him across the face, jolting him awake as the others began to stir. 

Mako helped Asami up as Bolin woke and sat up "Ughh! Man! I had this awful dream that Korra was taken by this evil bloodbender. So weird" 

"Bolin, that really happened. He knocked us out." Asami said 

"Are you serious? Where is he? Is he here right now?" Bolin exclaimed looking around shocked. 

"Tarrlok is long gone" Saikhan stated 

"Wait, where's El?" Mako then realised, realising his best friend was nowhere in sight

 "El?" Bolin called

"Elira?...Elira!" Tenzin yelled but received no response from his daughter as they all looked around frantic, finding no sign of the airbending teen.

"She must have gone after Tarrlok before we all woke up" Lin theorised  

"No, she knows she can't take Tarrlok's creepy bloodbending on her own. He took her! Probably to the same place he's got Korra!" Bolin exclaimed 

"No..." Tenzin muttered, his eyes filled with worry. 

"I'll alert the whole force" Saikhan declared before he and the council members left. 

"We've only been out for a little while. Maybe we can still pick up Tarrlok's trail." Lin stated

"It could lead us to Korra and Elira! Let's go!" Tenzin yelled and they all took off running. 

*

Far away from the city, Elira was leant up against a support beam of a basement, her head down unconscious and her hands tied behind the wooden beam. She groaned as she woke up, squinting her eyes in confusion as she gathered her bearings. She glanced around the dingy dark room she was in, lingering on the large metal container in the centre of the room. Her eyes widened when realisation hit her. 

Tarrlok! Bloodbending! Korra! He had Korra! 

She struggled against the ropes binding her but they wouldn't budge. 

"Oh come on" She muttered, twisting against the rope, trying to loosen them, but all it did was rub her wrists painfully. 

" Tarrlok! You snake, where are you?!"She yelled, kicking her legs like a toddler 

"El?" A muffled voice called out from the metal box causing the airbender to stop confused 

"Korra? Is that you?" 

"Yeah, it's me! What are you doing here? What happened?" 

"Tarrlok happened" Elira huffed, stomping her foot in frustration. 

"El, you will never guess what I just learned," Korra said

"What?" The airbender asked curiously 

Before Korra could reply the door atop a flight of stairs suddenly opened and Tarrlok stormed in.  

Elira's eyes hardened, glaring at the man "Well look what the cat dragged in" 

"My life is a disaster now, thanks to you" Tarrlok growled, approaching the box holding the avatar

"So your little bloodbending secret's out?" Korra asked smugly 

"Yes, it is. So sad" Elira mocked smirking

"I see you're now awake" Tarrlok growled at the airbender

El simply poked her tongue at him and Tarrlok rolled his eyes at her immaturity as he turned to leave

 "And I know how you bloodbent me without a full moon" Korra claimed causing Tarrlok to stop. "You're Yakone's son!" 

"What?" Elira whispered in shock.

"I was his son" Tarrlok corrected "But in order to win Republic City, I had to become someone else. My father failed because he tried to rule the city from its rotten underbelly. My plan was perfect. I was to be the city's saviour. But you...you ruined everything!" 

"Oh, boo-hoo" Elira rolled her eyes "The jig is up, Tarrlok. My father and the others will be here soon and you have nowhere to go. It's over. You've lost" 

"Oh no. No, I'll escape and start a new life" Tarrlok smirked, getting right in the girl's face "And you're both coming as my hostages" 

Glaring, Elira blew a gust of air at Tarrlok, sending his smashing against Korra's box prison.  It was El's turn to smirk as the man got up, glaring at her, his clothes and hair now dishevelled. 

"Blow all the wind you want, you spoilt little brat, your situation is futile. By the time Tenzin finds this place, we'll be long gone" He snapped, heading up the stairs. 

" You'll never get away with this!" Korra yelled, banging on the door of the box 

"Get back here, you snake!" El kicked her legs again "Tarrlok!" 

Tarrlok ignored their cries and continued up the stairs. Smirking, believing he had won. But his eyes widened however when he saw who was waiting for him at the top. 

"Amon!" 

Down in the basement, the two teens gasped in horror. 

"Korra?" El whispered in panic 

"I know" She replied as they heard Tarrlok's scream of anguish upstairs before a heavy thud on the ceiling. 

"I'll take care of him. You four retrieve the Avatar" They then heard Amon order" Do not underestimate her. Electrocute the box to knock her out before you open it"

"My pleasure. But what of the airbender?" The Lieutenant asked making Elira tense. 

"Chi-block her and bring her to me" 

Elira struggled a bit but managed to manoeuvre herself up onto her feet as the Lieutenant and 3 other chi-blockers came down the stairs. The Lieutenant stopped in front of the box and pulled out his electrified kali sticks

"It's payback time" 

"Korra!" Elira yelled as the Lieutenant shocked the metal container. She felt sick to her stomach hearing her friend cry out in agony as electricity coursed through the box. And all she could do was watch! 

After a few moments, the hanging bulb above shattered from the electricity and the Lieutenant stepped back. Elira cringed when she heard a thud come from inside the box. 

"Open the box" The Lieutenant ordered

A chi-blocker opened the door to find the Avatar lying motionless on the floor

"Korra..." El muttered 

"Tie her up while I deal with the airbender" The Lieutenant ordered again before turning to El tied to the beam. 

"Stay away from me!" She kicked her leg out, sending the man back into the wall with a gust of wind just as a large burst of flame shot out of the metal box forcing the Equalists back and Korra finally leapt out of her prison. 

The Equalists flung their bolas at her, but she dodged, jumped and punched the ground, earthbending a giant wave that sent them flying. 

"Nice one" El smiled as Korra came to untie her 

"Come on, let's get outta here" 

"Don't have to tell me twice" El replied following behind her friend. 

*

When the teens burst out of the cabin and into the blistering cold snowstorm, they spotted Amon putting Tarrlok into the back of his truck. 

Amon and Korra stared each other down before Korra got into a bending stance. 

"What are you doing?" Elira hissed 

"I can take him this time, El" Korra replied confidently 

"But what if you lose?" 

"That's a risk I'm willing to take" 

 El stared at her friend in disbelief before she noticed the steep slope of the mountain not far from them. She glanced back at Amon as he began running at them. 

El shut her eyes before turning to her friend, sadly "Korra, I'm sorry, but I'm not" 

"What are you--Hey!" Korra yelled out as Elira used her bending to send her down the slope of the mountain and away from Amon. 

The Equalists leader skidded to a stop and Elira watched from the edge as her friend disappeared. She shut her eyes for a moment, gathering her courage before turning back to Amon, holding her hands up, ready for a fight. The Lieutenant and the other Equalists ran out of the cabin and stopped when they realised what had happened. 

" I thought I told you not to underestimate her." Amon calmly scolded them "No matter" 

Elira stared down the Equalists leader. Her hair swayed in the wind as she glared at him. 

"If you want Korra, you'll have to through me first" She declared 

"So be it...Bring her to me" 

They charged at El, throwing more bola's at her which she jumped and dodged. Twirling and moving like the wind. 

The three chi-blockers came at her, trying to hit her but El kept side-stepping and evading their strikes.

 Eventually, Elira cried out as one of them was finally able to land of paralyzing hit on her arm, leaving it useless.

 She carried on with her good arm but that too was soon chi-blocked along with the rest of her body. 

She fell to the snow-filled ground with a groan and thud as the Equalists stood over her. Two of them grabbed her arms and pulled her up as Amon approached. Elira glared up at him, despite her blood running cold in fear. 

"Always the heroic martyr, aren't you?" Amon said, looking down at her 

"What can I say? Runs in the family" Elira smirked proudly before scowling "...Look, if you're gonna take my bending, just get it over with"

Amon stared at her for a moment "Your time to be equalised will come, Master Elira. But I'm waiting for the right moment" 

"Which is when?" The teen snapped "When is the right time for you to steal the gift my grandfather gave me?" 

"I want you to deliver a message" Amon stated, ignoring her question" To your father, to the council, and to any other bender who will listen" 

"What?" Elira hissed 

"The time for total equality is almost upon us. And no bender is safe. Not the Avatar, not the council...Not even your family

Elira's eyes widened and she began to struggle against the chi-blockers. She managed to break free briefly and charged at Amon but was quickly caught. Amon didn't even flinch, standing completely still as the teen got in his face. 

"You touch them and I swear you'll pay!" She threatened 

"We shall see, now won't we?" Amon replied, sounding not at all bothered by the teen's rage. 

Before she could react, the Lieutenant jabbed her with his electrified kali sticks, shocking her as she cried out in pain. After a few seconds, the Equalists stepped back and Elira fell to the ground unconscious. 

*

Tenzin, Lin, Mako, Bolin, and Asami were flying above the city on Oogi, trying to follow Tarrlok's trail before they suddenly heard a familiar howl.

"That sounds like Naga!" Mako exclaimed 

 Tenzin pulled the reigns and Oogie turned in the direction of Naga's howl. 

"Down there!" Mako spotted the polar bear-dog wandering an empty street with a slumped Korra on her back. 

The bison landed and the group ran over to her. 

"Korra! Oh, thank goodness." Tenzin rushed over "Where's Elira?" 

"And where's Tarrlok? How did you get away?" Lin questioned 

Mako shoved the two adults aside "Give her some space!" 

He reached up and pulled Korra into his arms. When he went to turn away, Tenzin placed a hand on his shoulder stopping him.

"Korra, please. What happened to my little girl?" He questioned, worried and scared for his daughter's safety. 

"Up in the mountains...A cabin...Amon...The Equalists...She pushed me down the slope" Korra muttered 

Tenzin's eyes widened in terror.  

"Mako, do you think you can get Korra back to the island on Naga?" He quickly asked 

"Yes, sir" Mako nodded

Tenzin practically ran towards Oogie while Mako helped Korra back onto Naga, climbing on behind her and taking off towards the island. 

"Where are you going?" Lin questioned as Tenzin rushed passed her, jumping onto his bison

"To find my daughter" He replied, taking hold of the reigns. 

"Wait, I'm coming too!" Bolin declared, scrambling to climb into the saddle "There is no way I'm going back to the island without my best friend" 

"Same here" Asami added, sitting beside Bolin "El would do the same for any of us in a heartbeat"  

 Lin climbed on, and placed a hand on Tenzin's shoulder "We'll find her, Tenzin "

"Thank you" He smiled gratefully before flicking the reigns "Oogie, yip yip!" 

*

The wind was bitterly cold flying over the mountains. The others were leaning over the sides of the saddle, scanning the ground below as Tenzin steered from the front. 

"Look! That must be the cabin!" Bolin pointed to the building down below 

Tenzin quickly landed Oogie and they all climbed off. The councilman ventured inside the cabin while the others searched around the area. 

"El! Where are you?!" Bolin yelled 

Lin quickly hit his arm "Would you be quiet? You'll start an avalanche with that yelling and then we'll never find her" 

"Sorry, Ma'am"

Tenzin came out of the cabin looking dejected

"No sign of Amon" He sighed "But no sign of Elira either" 

He lowered his head, worried sick about his daughter. "Where is she?" 

 "She's got to be around here somewhere. We just need to keep looking" Lin reassured him 

"If anything happens to her...I'll never forgive myself" Tenzin muttered 

"Wait, over here!" Asami called out 

The others rushed over to where she was standing at the edge of the slope. 

"What's that? Down there in the trees" Asami pointed at something just barely seen below them. 

Squinting his eyes to get a better look, Bolin noticed the hints of orange and yellow laying amongst the snow and gasped

"EL!" 

The group quickly slid down the snowy slope, sprinting over to where Elira lay underneath a tree partially buried in the snow. 

"Elira!...Elira?" Tenzin picked her up and gently cradled her in his arms. 

The teen let out a soft groan as the others watched from behind Tenzin, incredibly worried.

"Sweetheart, can you hear me?" Tenzin asked, gently shaking her" It's me, it's dad" 

Elira slowly opened her eyes, looking confused for a moment before smiling weakly upon seeing her father "...Daddy?"  

Tenzin sighed in relief, holding her close "Oh thank goodness, I was so worried" 

"I knew you'd find me" Elira whispered, clinging to him 

Tenzin smiled softly and kissed her head "Let's get you home" 

He stood up with Elira in his arms, trudging back up the hill towards Oogie with the others following. 

"Where's Korra? Did you find her?" Elira asked softly 

"Don't worry, she's on the island safe and sound" Tenzin replied and his daughter sighed in relief 

Standing by Oogie, Bolin held his arms out, knowing Tenzin had to drive "I'll take her, sir"

"Thank you, Bolin" Tenzin gently handed his daughter over to the boy before they all climbed back into the saddle. 

Bolin cradled Elira in his arms at the back, holding her tightly as Asami moved beside them 

"I was so worried, El" Bolin muttered as Elira lay her head on his chest.

 "Are you okay?" Asami asked 

"I am now" Elira smiled weakly, snuggling into Bolin more "Thank you" 

Bolin tightened his hold on the girl, resting his chin on her head "It's alright. I've got you. You're safe now" 

Asami placed a hand on Elira's shoulder, letting her know she too was there and Tenzin smiled at them from over his shoulder as they flew away. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 574 10
Korra was involved in a horrid accident that left her paralyzed. Within that time, her world became a blur of anger and secret feelings for her best...
70.3K 1.9K 24
Sakiko, a non bender from the fire nation who just recently moved to republic city. as she walked around town, she meets a fire ferret and a friendly...
55.2K 1.4K 52
∞ Y/n and Korra are best friends! And have been for many years, until life changes and y/n leaves, they eventually meet again but it's different, how...
38.5K 1.1K 25
______________________________ ______________________ Book 1; Y/n daughter of Commander Bumi and M/n a fragile noble from the fire nation who died wh...