Professional Stand-in, With a...

By ZelineJohnson

Author: Yuan Yao Ji Fanyin realized when she moved that she is a substitute, a substitute for her younger twi... More

1 - Because You Like Me, Don't You?
2 - You Aren't Your Younger Sister
3 - Unworthy of Love
4 - One Last Time
5 - He's Just Deceiving Himself
6 - Men. Tsk. Tsk
7 - Expanding the List of Clients
8 - My Apologies, You Are?
9 - Who Is It?
10 - You Want Me to Reciprocate Your Feelings?
11 - Who Else Bought You?
12 - I'm Getting Off Work Now
13 - I Don't Accept Refunds
14 - Golden Fish Number Two
15 - Is There Anything You'd Like to Say?
16 - Quenching Your Thirst With Poison Will Bankrupt You
17 - It's Too Late to Apologize
18 - It's Still Something
19 - I Am a Dream Weaver
20 - Love Can Be Bought
21 - Isn't the Person You Like, Song Shiyu?
22 - Glee
23 - Are You Coming Back?
24 - She Was With You?
25 - Even Tenfold?
26 - Despicable
27 - For Free? How's That Possible?
28 - We Aren't Close
29 - None At the Moment
30 - Ten Billion Is Enough
31 - Men Can't Be Counted On
32 - You Seem Very Concerned About It
33 - It's the Jealousy Speaking
34 - Liar
35 - I Want Big Sis To Be My Girlfriend
36 - Don't Ever Get It Wrong
37 - Going Up In Smoke From Embarrassment
38 - She'll Hate Me
39 - Why Does He Call You Big Sis?
40 - I Refuse
41 - Men Are Easily Fooled
42 - Please Keep On Liking Me
43 - Doesn't Big Sis Like You?
44 - Please Transfer 1,000,000 Dollars To My Account
45 - There's No One Like You
47 - Another Ji Fanyin Is Here
48 - Not a Date
49 - What Do You Think?
50 - Don't Forget To Pay Your Bills
51 - F5 Sect
52 - She Belongs to Me And Me Alone
53 - What About the Time You Have Spent With Me?
54 - You Want to Hold My Hand?
55 - Bidding Model
56 - She Didn't Do It On Purpose
57 - Your Big Sis Is Profiting Off You
58 - He's Blind
59 - Buy 6 Get 4 Free? Dream On
60 - You Want to Break Up?!
61 - Vixen Service
62 - Me And Him, Who Do You Choose?
63 - Have You Forgotten How You Treated Me In the Past?
64 - 100 Million Has Returned
65 - Is Asking For Her Marriage In Hand Not Considered a Promised?
66 - Ignore Him
67 - I'm Terminating Our Business Relationship
68 - Goodbye
69 - Xinxin, What Brings You Here?
70 - What a Small World
71 - It's Not What You're Thinking!
72 - Exposed
73 - The Two of You Are Compatible
74 - I Want to Slap the Old Me
75 - Why Do It If You're Going to Regret It?
76 - None of My Business
77 - Why Didn't You Reply to My Text?
78 - I Love You Too
79 - Look Closely, Stupid!
80 - Ji Fanyin, Let's Leave This Place
81 - Were You Playing Me All This Time?
82 - Give Me Money Instead
83 - Adept At Transferring Money
84 - At Least A Few Hundred Millions
85 - What Are You Apologizing For?
86 - Feigning Obedience
87 - You Want Me To Become Ji Fanyin's Substitute?
88 - Your Acting Isn't Up to Standard
89 - I Don't Need Your Feigned Concern
90 - Should We End It Now?
91 - We're Over
92 - How Can She Compare With You?
93 - I Can't Act Her
94 - Which Ji Fanyin?
95 - The Last Dinner
96 - Don't Take Up My Offer
97 - Pay In Full Before Provision of Service
98 - When Have You Ever Had Her?
99 - No Amount Could Compensate Her
100 - Emotional Damage Compensation
101 - I'm Back
102 - I Am Allowed To Be Selfish Too, Right?
103 - Be My Friend!
104 - This Is Santorini
105 - No One Can Put It Down
106 - "So He Can Smile!"
107 - Are They A Couple?
108 - You Close Your Eyes First
109 - That's Right, There's Someone I Like, What About It?
110 - Another One?
111 - Only I Can Do It (End)

46 - Stay Back

1.9K 78 16
By ZelineJohnson

(Rewinding time a day back for Ji Xinxin's point of view~)

Ji Xinxin had decided to place Li Xiaoxing on her observation list for the time being.

She was confident that her little skit had tightened her leash on Li Xiaoxing. She had even gone to the extent of bringing Li Xiaoxing to places of their past memories, so there was no way the latter wouldn't have been moved.

After Li Xiaoxing returned to the company, Ji Xinxin used the pretext of not wanting to disturb him to take her leave.

That very afternoon, she accompanied Song Shiyu to an art exhibition.

"I didn't expect you to remember that I'm fond of this painter," said Ji Xinxin delightfully. "I heard that he was holding an exhibition, and I was going to find time for it. Your invitation really came at the right moment."

Song Shiyu opened the door for her as he said, "It's already been up for nearly a week now. It'd have already ended if you had come any later. Shouldn't you thank me for that?"

"Heh! If I couldn't make it in time for this exhibition, I'd chase him all the way to his next exhibition," replied Ji Xinxin with a chuckle as she walked into the gallery.

The comfortable atmosphere made her exhale happily.

She was quite familiar with this artist, and she had seen many of his works on the internet. She had looked up information on this exhibition before coming on this date with Song Shiyu.

The two of them slowly walked around the gallery while appraising the artworks one by one. At the end of which, Ji Xinxin remarked doubtfully, "I remember that his famed work, 'Average', is on display for this exhibition, but I can't find it anywhere. Did something happen?"

"Do you like that painting?" asked Song Shiyu.

"Yeah, I have my eyes set on it. I heard the original is much smaller though, so I'll have to see it in person to decide."

Ji Xinxin crossed her arms and thought about it for a moment. She still felt bothered by its absence, so she decided to ask one of the staff members about it.

"Excuse me."

The formally dressed staff member bowed deeply and greeted the two of them, "Mister Song, Miss Ji."

"Is 'Average' not on display today? I remember seeing it on the promotion brochure," asked Ji Xinxin politely.

Right after she asked that question, she noticed the staff member revealing a surprised look before turning to look at Song Shiyu.

He's surprised? Is there something wrong with my question?

"It might have already been bought by someone else," remarked Song Shiyu with a smile. "It's common for artworks to be sold during such public exhibitions."

The staff member nodded in agreement. "Yes, I'm sorry to inform you that someone else has already purchased the painting."

Ji Xinxin sighed regretfully. "What a pity. I was hoping to have a close look at it. I heard that its colors are much more vibrant up close."

"Why don't I buy another painting for you?" consoled Song Shiyu. "Is there anything else here that has caught your eye?"

"The one I want the most isn't here anymore," Ji Xinxin bemoaned.

"It looks like I'll just have to find the painting for you then," said Song Shiyu half-jokingly.

Ji Xinxin turned to look at the gentlemanly Song Shiyu and chuckled in response to his remark. "You said it yourself. It's a promise. I'll be looking forward to it then."

Song Shiyu smacked his forehead and burst into laughter. "I'll try my best."

There's nothing wrong with his response.

Ji Xinxin eyed the staff member with her peripheral vision. The staff member had already turned his head away, but she couldn't help but feel bothered by his response.

She didn't think that she had asked a weird question, but the way he had reacted was extremely off.

"Now that we're done looking around the exhibition, shall we grab dinner together?" Song Shiyu took a look at his watch and asked. "Are you hungry yet?"

Ji Xinxin snapped out of her daze. "Yeah, I'm getting hungry. You said last time that you would treat me to that authentic Western restaurant. Why don't we head there today?"

"Alright, let's go with that."

Ji Xinxin was still feeling troubled over the incident in the gallery that she subconsciously ordered seafood soup.

It was only when the seafood soup was served with clams inside that she realized that she had made a mistake here. She hurriedly scooped the clams into her own bowl and apologized, "Sorry, Shiyu. My thoughts wandered for a moment there. I forgot that you don't eat shellfish."

I made a mistake here, but Song Shiyu wouldn't mind since I realized it the moment it was served.

Such were Ji Xinxin's thoughts, but she noticed that Song Shiyu's response was a little odd.

He had been paying focus to her movements all this while, but his expression suddenly stiffened at her apology. It looked as if... He had woken from a dream.

Shortly after, Song Shiyu apologized smilingly too, "It's fine. I got distracted for a moment there too. Too much work recently."

"Ah, it looks like we're equal then!" Ji Xinxin pushed the seafood soup to the middle of the table with a chuckle. "You should be fine with it once I get all of the clams out, right?"

Song Shiyu looked at her with a gentle smile. "Mm... Thanks."

Ji Xinxin was going to participate in Lakeside University's event the following day after meeting Song Shiyu, so she decided to take the opportunity to ask Bai Zhou out.

Bai Zhou refused to admit it, but he was incapable of concealing the anticipation in his voice.

His behavior had been a little weird recently, but Ji Xinxin wasn't too worried about him. She figured that he was just in a low mood due to his previous confrontation with his father's mistress and illegitimate son, and that he should bounce back soon enough.

That being said, there was still a need for her to maintain her relationship with Bai Zhou. He was the sole successor of the ultrawealthy Bai Family, after all.

I wonder if his parents' illegitimate children would affect his inheritance rights. If so, I'd have to drop his priority level.

Ji Xinxin began revising the ranking list of her suitors on the way to Lakeside University.

It didn't take her long to reach her destination. She got off the cab and made her way into her alma mater. Before she could meet Bai Zhou, she encountered a tall man.

This man was walking down the pathway alone with a stack of books in his arm. There was a cold, emotionless look on his face as he stared at the phone in his hand intently. With a swift glance at his dress-up, Ji Xinxin could tell that he was from an affluent family.

There aren't any couple-related accessories on him. Is he single?

Had it been a year ago, there was no way Ji Xinxin would let go of such quality goods. It was just that she was going to meet the 'vinegar vat' Bai Zhou today, so it wouldn't be apt for her to chat up other guys.

Ji Xinxin regrettably gave up on the notion and was just about to pass that man by when the latter suddenly stowed away his phone and raised his head. Their eyes happened to meet that instant.

It was hard to describe the instantaneous change in that man's expression.

In a mere moment, his cold hard facial features melted into a radiant smile, reminiscent of a warm sun shining right into one's heart in the middle of winter. The sheer feeling of joy he emanated was so pure that it was contagious.

"Big sis?" That man called out. "Didn't you say that you're on a break and aren't going to leave your house? What brings you here?"

He got the wrong person. He probably mistook me for Ji Fanyin.

As such a thought flashed past Ji Xinxin's mind, she adeptly put on a sweet smile and said, "Excuse..."

Before she could even put out a second word, that man's smile had already faded into a frown. "My bad, I seem to have gotten the wrong person. You're Ji Xinxin?"

Even for someone as mentally resilient as Ji Xinxin, it felt utterly terrible to be shoved with a cold face right after such a radiant smile. It took her a while to soothe the stifled sensation in her chest before replying, "Yes, I am. You're acquainted with my big sis?"

He was able to tell us apart? This works too. I can at least sound him out.

After all, Ji Fanyin has yet to answer my question about her new friend.

"Yes, nice to meet you." By this point, that man had already completely reined in his smile, reverting back to the cold hunk she had seen at the very start. "I'm sorry for mistaking you for someone else."

He took a step to the side as he said those words, seemingly intending to end the conversation there and take his leave.

Of course, Ji Xinxin had no intention of letting him go that easily. She casually tilted her body slightly to block him. "You must be a friend of my big sis. I've talked to my big sis over the phone so many times, but she has never mentioned you before."

"..." That man looked at her impassively.

He had a stature so tall that he had to slightly crane his neck in order to look at Ji Xinxin. His towering height paired with his icy face gave him an imposing appearance, making it hard for anyone to approach him.

But Ji Xinxin was the master who took down the naughty Bai Zhou. There was no way she could be intimidated that easily. She ignored the man's unwelcoming demeanor and proceeded to ask him a question, "I'm Ji Xinxin. Ah! You already know that. What's your name?"

"Chen Yunsheng."

"How do you know my big sis?" Ji Xinxin placed her hands behind her back and subtly inclined her body toward him.

Chen Yunsheng immediately took a huge step backward, and his expression became even colder than before. "Stay back."

Ji Xinxin: "..."

It's not my first time seeing this type. He just acts prim and proper at the start.

Men are visual creatures. Those who are attracted to Ji Fanyin are bound to be attracted to me too.

The two of them were identical twins. Even if Ji Fanyin started dolling herself up, Ji Xinxin was still confident that she would be able to outdo her older sister with her bubbly personality.

"Don't you like my big sis?" Ji Xinxin placed her hand over her mouth and chuckled mischievously. "Shouldn't you be trying to get in my good books then? You should know that I am very close to my big sis. Who knows? I might just lend you a helping hand."

Ji Xinxin thought that she had found a good pretext for Chen Yunsheng to engage her in a conversation. It was the perfect excuse. As long as she worked on it a little, it shouldn't be too hard for her to get some information on Ji Fanyin from him.

That's how young men are like. They easily lose themselves when they come into close contact with a beautiful woman for a prolonged period of time...

Chen Yunsheng impassively rejected her, "There's no need for that."

"..." It took Ji Xinxin a second before Chen Yunsheng's rejection finally sank in.

In that single second, Chen Yunsheng had already stridden past her without a second thought.

"What a coincidence, your big sis has never told me anything about you either. It looks like the two of you aren't that close after all." He left those words behind.

Left behind, Ji Xinxin quietly took a deep breath and slowly exhaled it out.

She made sure to imprint the name 'Chen Yunsheng' in her mind.

It's one thing for him to be Ji Fanyin's suitor, but how dare he speak so arrogantly in front of me!!!

"Big sis?" Bai Zhou's voice sounded.

Ji Xinxin snapped out of her thoughts and raised her head. Bai Zhou came into her line of sight. She smiled apologetically and said, "I was talking to someone else earlier... His name is Chen Yunsheng, and he seems to be acquainted with my big sis. Do you know him?"

"Chen Yunsheng?" Bai Zhou repeated that name before shaking his head nonchalantly. "Don't know him."

"He mistook me for my big sis." Ji Xinxin gestured in the direction where Chen Yunsheng departed. "He called me 'big sis' too when he approached me earlier. It really surprised me. What a coincidence, right?"

Bai Zhou suddenly fell silent.

"Zhouzhou?" Ji Xinxin called him doubtfully. "What's wrong? Did you remember something?"

"What did you say his name is again?"

Ji Xinxin frowned. "He said that he's Chen Yunsheng."

Bai Zhou clenched his jaws. "Got it. I'll help you find out who that Chen fellow is."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 4.3K 79
[Note: This is not my story nor translation. I'm only the editor] 「Good Morning, Miss Ghost」 Author: Ban Li Zi 〔Chestnut〕 The handsome Emperor of the...
11.2K 333 47
SYNOPSIS Zheng Wan, the foremost beauty in the capital, has a powerful father who served in court as the Senior Grand Secretary and an aristocratic m...
217K 5.5K 28
"I don't remember much, just the loneliness and the short images of happiness. The only thing I remember vividly, was the day I died. Even with etern...
478K 21.3K 36
HIGHEST RANKING #49 IN MYSTERY/THRILLER •• Love hurts. No matter what kind of love, love still is the most painful thing. No one wants to stay and b...