A few Titans solve many issue...

By Vinnymoneyho

There has always been a section of the galaxy closed off to all of the galactic Civilization. Known simply as... More

Chapter 1:Prolouge
Chapter 2: First contact
Chapter 3: Shots fired
Chapter 4: Invasion Commences
Chapter 6: a rough drop-in
Chapter 7: Baptism through fire
Chapter 8: They want to talk to us!
Chapter 9: The buildup
Chapter 10: UN Timeline
Chapter 11: Revelation
Chapter 12: A new bond?
Chapter 13: More Aggressive bonding
Chapter 14: Filler
Chapter 15: Paint and power armour
Chapter 16: End of an Era
Chapter 17: Filler Crap
Chapter 18: Beginning of a New Age

Chapter 5:Debrief and reinforcements

611 11 2
By Vinnymoneyho

VSS Comtumica (Titan class vessel)

January 10th, 2966 UNC/2173 CE

After the discovery of the Batarian and Raloi races, the Commonwealth decided to temporarily merge the 4th and 5th Expeditionary Fleets. The Sojag Confederacy forces diced to stay behind and defend what colonies were established, leaving just the UNSA, VPD, and FFN forces to contend with a potential new first contact.

"To recap, using a Human term, we may have just started a war with another race and there's another organization like the Commonwealth that we will be making first contact with. As such, we are not only getting three fleets as reinforcements, but also an entire assault army." Vorpona said.

"Yup. Blame Federation traditions and Beacon of Liberty Civics. Not that I don't approve." Victor Ross said.

"Wait, then who's supreme commander then?" Vortale asked. "It's one thing for me, a 36 year old, to command an exploration fleet. It's another thing for me to command not only 30,000 warships, but also two of the heroes of the United Nations."

"Well.....that's a good point. Martdone just dumped these ships in our hands. I think we're supposed to figure it out ourselves." Victor shrugged. "I think because the 5th expeditionary fleet is officially dissolved and the Federation assets are under our group, you are technically in command.

Vorpona sighed. "Well, I can't manage 3 numbered fleets at once. What about you? You were supreme commander on several occasions for the Commonwealth."

"Admiral, I'll be straight with you: I'm a shit admiral. I'm a ground pounder and a combat controller. I can command armies and air forces, not maritime or space fleets. It's Limburn's job to handle the navy stuff. Tell me to lead maybe a small squadron and I can do it. Three numbered fleets, I'll suffer poorly."

"Well.....your rank is Field Marshal and you are constantly loaned to the UNPF, that makes sense. What about Admiral Zortale? We can't make Limburn because she's still busy with the Raloi."

"Dear god no. I love Zortale as a close friend and brother but we'll be at war with this Citadel Council in five minutes. I think Limburn and I should deal with council, you deal with the Raloi. Zortale remains our mobile reserve and an extra set of teeth." Ross replied.

"I would be a bit rude to pull Limburn off from diplomatic talks. Is there another UNAF officer we can requisition?" Vorpona asked.

"Do we really need a UNAF officer there? We already have a UNSA ambassador heading the negotiations." Ross countered.

"...Fair point but if we run into the Council, who would make contact?"

"Either myself, Limburn, or I can go back to Sol and get Udina."

"Nope, not Udina. He's just as bad as Zortale." Vorpona panicked.

"He's not that bad. Either way, Limburn and I will head negotiations. At least until we're done with the Raloi." Field Marshal retorted.

Vorpona nodded. "Very well. Once the rest of the 10th fleet arrives, you and Limburn will prepare to make first contact with the Council. You're planning to return all those slaves you liberated right?" Vorpona questioned before adding "I mean to their respective species and not back to the Batarian government."

"We're already working that out. I was actually about to have Commodore Mikhailovich of the UNSV Mark-Whitelight to find the Quarian fleet. Would have sent Hannah but she's still in Raloi space. Mikhailovich will do until Hannah and Limburn return." Ross replied.

"Mikhailovich? Why does that name sound familiar?"

"Commodore Peter Mikhailovich is one of the many people within the UNAF that is pushing for a replacement of the Skuas Cloaking Devices. The SCDs are obsolete due to some idiot in the G.A leaking the plans and everyone developing countermeasures. The Raider forces were somewhat useless with the new countermeasures and people were pushing for a modernization. Aside from that, he commands a squadron of corvettes and destroyers used for lighting raids." Ross explained. "Also, the UNSF is looking at him for a promotion. He did well during the Khanate War."

"Hmm, I suppose he is less crazy than you are. Very well, send him out. Find this Quarian Migrant fleet and prepare to make contact."

"Yes sir." Ross saluted the Vissari admiral, causing said admiral to groan. (Note that Vorpona is 34 years old, Ross is in his mid 900s and still a goofball).

"Before you leave, did you find anything else about the ships from the Blind Migration?" Vorpona asked, wanting to change the subject.

"Unfortunately no. No colonies, no signs of wreckage, nothing Zortale said he found traces of radiation decay, likely from a wormhole but that could be anything. We'll keep looking." Ross sighed.

"Very well, you're dismissed." the FIeld Marshal left the room, leaving the Fleet Admiral to ponder about the future.

I wonder if this Citadel Council is panicking or ignoring this situation?

The Citadel, Serpent Nebula, 2 hours later

Private meeting area

Unbenounced to the Commonwealth personnel, the council knew about the situation, or what the people were publicly calling the Sacking of Logasire.

"So the Batarians are claiming that a race just arrived over the illegitimate colony of Logasire and are demanding Council reinforcements." Spartacus sighed. "Do we even have any proof of this new race?"

The Salarian councilor, Sadion, nodded her head. "I just received a report from Spectre Vasir, who just concluded her search on the planet. The implications are.....disturbing."

Tevos looked at the Salarian councillor. "What do you mean?"

A hologram (or whatever it's called in the ME universe is called) appears. "For starters, everything from camera recordings to STG bugs was wiped. Nothing barring the battlefield even indicates that there was a fight. Then there are the vehicles."

An image of several wrecked Mako IFVs, each with either massive holes ripped into them, small holes, or torn apart by aircraft. "Evidence shows that there was a major vehicle clash here. Batarian armoured vehicles were deployed by the local garrison but every single one was destroyed in the fighting. And none of these vehicles show damage by mass accelerator weapons. Some show to be destroyed by large projectiles, missiles, and what appears to be plasma."

"Plasma? Plasma weaponry?" Spartacus shot up.

"Indeed. There also appears to be minor evidence of laser weaponry but only in burnt-out vehicle wrecks. Still, what's concerning is the fact that there aren't any vehicles belonging to this new faction. This means that they were capable of removing any destroyed vehicles and have an amazing transportation method to dispose of wrecks or their vehicles are superior to anything we have. The STG is leaning towards the latter theory and Vasir found these." another image shows up, this time of somewhat deep tank tracks.

"STG analysts indicate that these vehicles are tracked in nature. All modern vehicles are wheeled or hover in based, no tracked barring a few scientific types. Would make no sense for someone to simply armour up science vehicles so that likely means a new faction. Now here's the more damning evidence."

An image on two poles appeared, only for Tevos and Spartacus to notice the Fabric at the very top. "Flags?"

"Indeed, and two of them. The STG hypotheses that there may have been two factions that raided this place."

(For context, the UNSA flag looks something like this: 

 and the Federation flag is like this: 

 (Not my work as well, these are just to give you an idea. All credit goes to the creators).

"Hmm, this would indicate that there were two factions. The question is why?" Tevos asked.

"Well, we found this slattered on some of the walls. It's the same and we haven't had any luck translating the words." Sadion said before an image switches to a wall with writing on it.

From the Darkness, we rise to bring light.

We stand as a Beacon of light for those in the dark.

Tolerate the tyrants we shall not.

Courtesy of the United Nations Solar Alliance and the Federation of Free Nations.

"Interesting. And was this on all the walls?" Spartacus asked.

"No, there's more." on their datapads, several images show up.

We are the free, we are the Defiant, slavery shall not stand - Federation Space Navy.

Through rising tides we stand taller - United Nations Marine Corps.

Slavery? Have a taste of our metal  and freedom instead- United Nations Army.

We were born free, we will not allow the shackled to remain trapped - Federation Army.

And on two particular walls, two lines were painted on.

FOR THE FREE PEOPLE OF THE FEDERATION!

FOR SOL, HER COLONIES, AND HER ALLIES!

"How many of these writings did you find?" Tevos asked.

"Vasir reported over 50 examples of these writings. And not a single one we can understand as they are in two separate languages that we still don't understand." Sadion reported.

"And what's this? They destroyed 4 cruisers and several dozen escorts? And no confirmation if they suffered any damage?" Spartacus asked as he read the reports.

"Nothing that we can find. Only the wreckage of Batarian ships." Sadion reported.

"Wait, didn't the STG report that a few weeks ago, another Batarian fleet disappeared? Including two dreadnaughts?" Tevos asked.

"I.....there's a small but growing theory that the Batarian fleet attacked these two factions and this was a counterattack. However, there's nothing to prove it." Sadion replied.

"By the goddess. That would mean-" Spartacus interrupted.

"Yes, the Batarians attacked first. However, as I said before, there is no evidence of this besides a missing fleet." Sadion explained. "The fleet could easily be hiding out in the Terminus supporting pirates or any number of reasons. Until we hear more from our spies, we have nothing."

"Great." Tevos growled before another beep was heard from Sadion's datapad. "What's that?"

Sadion looked at the contents of the pad. "It appears the Batarians are mobilizing their entire military. Estimates place the force at around 8,000 warships at the moment, with full mobilization expected to finish in 2 months. Expected strength is around 15,000 warships in total, and maybe 600 million soldiers. 2 billion if we are counting force not tied down for defence."

"Spirits. How many dreadnaughts?" Spartacus asked.

"The Batarians are activating several older models so we are looking at around 18 dreadnaughts in service." Sadion said.

"Fantastic," Spartacus grumbled. "Just what we need, more dreadnaughts in the field."

"Spartacus, why are you complaining? The Hierarchy has 67 at its disposal, along with those 300 pocket dreadnaughts you built." Tevos pointed out. Ever Since the Batarians became more expansionist, both the Hierarchy and the Hegemony had accelerated dreadnought production, with the Hierarchy introducing new pocket dreadnaughts to fill in the gaps.

"Yes, but a fleet of over 15,000 warships against a new species? What kind of faction, baring the Quarian fleet, has the numbers to deal with them with ease? It would take weeks for us to mobilize our force to counter such a threat." Spartacus retorted. "As if anyone outside the Council has the ships to take them on."

Meanwhile at Phalanx System, at the same time

"Sweet mother of mist, 35,000 warships seems like overkill." Admiral Vorpona muttered as the UNSA 10th, Directorate 7th, and Federation 11th fleets jumped into the system at the same time. "And they send the Arkats battlegroup as well. A 60 kilometre-wide Juggernaut of all things"

"I believe this is the Human expression of speaking softly but carrying a big stick." AI Sharma responded. "And to imagine a force this size is only a very small percentage of the combined fleets. Over a thousand battleships, thousands of cruisers, and tens of thousands of escorts. Someone is in for a bad day."

Back with the Council

"Well, as they are still considered a Council species, perhaps it is wise for us to reinforce our borders? Perhaps as a sign of us providing reinforcements?" Tevos suggested.

Spartacus groaned. "The admirals are going to kill me if I suggest providing reinforcements to the Batarians."

"Spartacus, I know that we have a low opinion of the Batarians but this could be another Rachni war. Until we know further, we should prepare for the worst." Tevos responded.

"Very well. I'll see about dispatching a fleet as reinforcements." Spartacus grumbled.

"Hmm, there's one thing that concerns me. According to Vasir, every single slave has disappeared. Only the Batarian citizens remain." Sadion added.

"Wait what? What do you mean all the slaves are gone?" Tevos asked.

"Every single one. Only a few slave bodies remain and those appear to have been executed by Batarian slaves. That also reminds me. We found hundreds of slaver bodies, all killed with rather large projectiles or even energy weapons." Sadion replied.

"Really?" Spartacus perked up.

"Yes, hundreds of dead slavers and all killed by projectile or energy weapons. No sign of the bodies of this new faction."

"Goddess, if this is a new species, what are they planning?" Tevos asked.

At the same time, on the UNSV Wasp

"Commodore Mikhailovich, welcome to the Wasp. Please be seated" Ross said, gesturing to a chair in his office (note that Ross is usually on the Taipei, he is a ground pounder and typically uses the Wasp as the main center of operations).

"A pleasure to meet you sir. Though I have to ask, why is the overall commander of the expeditionary fleet requesting to see me?" the Commodore asked.

"I'll get to the point, you've been briefed on this Citadel Council and other races right?" Mikhailovich nods. "Well, the Prime Minister has issued orders for us to find this Quarian Migrant Fleet. You're the best person we can send up."

"Yes sir. What's the force going to be?"

"I've asked Vorpona for his recommendation. You're getting what we're dubbing the 4th Aggressive Recon Task Force. It includes your 63rd scout Flotilla, and 4 additional light carrier groups I snagged from the rest of the tenth.

"Sir? That's over 70 ships." Mikhailovich said, frowning. "Why do we need that many?"

"The Batarians. Let's just say that their is the reason why we got 3 numbered fleets with 2, maybe more in reserve. We're going to need a bit more firepower than what Hannah has." Ross said. "And that reminds me."

Victor Ross pulls out a small box. "I know you S.A (Solar Alliance) boys hate massive and colourful ceremonies so congratulations, you're being promoted to Rear Admiral. HighCom just approved your promotion but since Limburn isn't here to give it to you, I decided to handle it."

"Yes sir! Thank you, I shall see to it that the Quarians are found." Rear Admiral Mikhailovich says.

"Congratulations Rear Admiral Mikhailovich. And remember, just find the Quarians first, don't attack the Citadel races. You have SCDs on all of your ships." Ross said. "I sent your ships' AIs some data on where they could be. From the data we snagged from the Batarians, they were mining a few systems at the edges of Citadel space. Do be careful, we may not have the chance to reinforce you if something goes wrong. Be observant of anything."

"Understood Field Marshal."

"One more thing before you leave." Ross reaches under his desk and pulls out a bottle and two glass cups. "Drink as a toast for the future?"

The part Russian Rear Admiral smiles. A Drink was nice to start the day.

Commonwealth Wiki: Carriers

The carrier is one of the most prolific warships in Commonwealth space. Born from Human and Mitron designs, they make up a large percentage of cruiser and capital ship grade vessels in many navies. The first factions that came up with the carrier were the former Human organizations of the United Nations of Earth and Defiance Solar Alliance (now unified under the United Nations Solar Alliance) and the Mitron Empire.

The concept of the carrier is very simple. Take a ship, add storage bays to carry light strike craft or small warships, add systems to launch and recover said strike craft and ships, add the equipment to maintain said craft, and viola, you have a carrier (it's a bit more complicated than that but that's the basics). Note that while most races rushed to strap the biggest guns onto their largest warships as capital ships, the Humans and Mitron chose to construct carriers due to their experience at naval warfare.

There are multiple types of Carriers now in service in Commonwealth space. This includes:

Battlecarriers: Battle Carriers combine the qualities of both a carrier and a battleship. They are heavily armed and armoured like a battleship but can carry a wide assort and quantity of strike craft. Ships of these classes make up a large percentage of Federation and UNAF capital ship fleets. Note that battle carriers lack the traditional spinal mounted weapons that battleships do.

Supercarriers: These serve more as mobile command bases and fleet yards than frontline warships. While they are heavily armed and armour, supercarriers carry less than their counterparts. The main goal is to carry and maintain escort ships (destroyers and corvettes), carry a large quantity of strike craft (note that these kinds of carriers carry more than regular battle carriers) or as the primary flagship if a Titan isn't available.

Assault Carrier: Assault carriers are primarily geared towards orbital invasions and supporting planetary operations. They are designed like battle carriers, but they instead replace their anti-ship missile complement and heavy ship-to-ship cannons with lighter MRLS pods, autocannons, smaller cannons, and drop pods. They are more suited to deploy large quantities of ground troops and dropships, so their fighter complement is geared more for engaging enemy fighters and assaulting land positions.

Light Carriers: Mainly as a stopgap and when regular carriers are not available, these ships are cruiser-sized vessels (around 1 kilometre long) and carry a smaller complement of fighters. However, they provide the necessary fighter screen for smaller fleet detachments. On top of that, light carriers are more maneuverable and quicker than their capital ship counterparts and thus, are embedded in smaller patrol, strike, or raiding fleets. (Also note that light carriers were the first kinds of carriers to be deployed outside of Human and Mitron fleets).

Stealth Carriers: Taking the concept of a submersible aircraft carrier to the extreme, Stealth carriers are essentially light carriers but with less armour and weapons and with more systems dedicated to speed and stealth. Stealth carriers also carry torpedoes, which technically makes them submarines of a sort. Either way, a stealth carrier for Reapers or the Citadel Council, even using the obsolete SCDs, are a nightmare for them.

Maritime carriers: While most nations have discontinued the use of maritime or seagoing warships, the UNAF has decided to retain a small but effective seagoing fleet. This is partially their doctrine of opening up many fronts. Therefore when partaking during a planetary invasion, the UNAF can strike from land, sea, space, and air. Maritime carriers main a similar appearance to their 21st-century counterparts, but use up-to-date technology.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.5K 366 19
"This war's brought us pain and suffering and loss. But it's also brought us together--as soldiers, allies, friends. This bond that ties us together...
60.9K 1.5K 115
2552. You were one of the Orbital Drop Shock Troopers (ODST) that were meant to land on the Solemn Penance Covenant Ship in the City of New Mombasa...
39.9K 2.9K 50
Ellen knew the future of humanity was uncertain and if the remaining human's wouldn't put aside their hatred for the intruders, all would be lost... ...
1.3K 98 26
Aspects of the universe itself, "Council" as they were called. They are simply guardians of earth, carefully holding up their responsibility of prote...