A few Titans solve many issue...

By Vinnymoneyho

There has always been a section of the galaxy closed off to all of the galactic Civilization. Known simply as... More

Chapter 2: First contact
Chapter 3: Shots fired
Chapter 4: Invasion Commences
Chapter 5:Debrief and reinforcements
Chapter 6: a rough drop-in
Chapter 7: Baptism through fire
Chapter 8: They want to talk to us!
Chapter 9: The buildup
Chapter 10: UN Timeline
Chapter 11: Revelation
Chapter 12: A new bond?
Chapter 13: More Aggressive bonding
Chapter 14: Filler
Chapter 15: Paint and power armour
Chapter 16: End of an Era
Chapter 17: Filler Crap
Chapter 18: Beginning of a New Age

Chapter 1:Prolouge

1.8K 28 8
By Vinnymoneyho

Ok, so I've to upload one of my FFN fics here. Also would like to note that this story is inspired by the Rise of the Commonwealth (by the British Raven), Without Hesitation (Written by DingusMacGoo), The Iron Heart of Men (Written by Apollonir), and the Terran Gambit (written by the informedterran).

Please note this story will be reusing charecters from my other fics as well (because I'm lazy and don't want to make new characters). 

Anyways, enjoy.

Setting: The Milky Way

Main Human Faction: United Nations Solar Alliance 

UNSA Government: Somewhere between a system like NATO and the Antares Commonwealth, has a centralized government but is still divided between nationstates.

Status of the UNSA: Galactic Commonwealth of Nations Custodians + Hardcore Xenophilc + Antislavers.

Alliance with other species: Galactic Commonwealth of Nations (or G-COM for short, it's space NATO and EU basically, weak federal power but highly respected).

UNSA population: 4.8 Trillion (60% Human, 15% AIs, 25% non-humans)

G-COM population: 22.3 Trillion (lower than the Citadel, still very large, also has dozens of Species, most from smaller nations or new to spacefaring).

G-COM nations: Elder Alliance (made up of 3 ancient nations), Federation of Free Nations (made up of several smaller nations), Vissari Planetary Directorate, Ztrakphor Star Kingdom, Lox-Ungrak Republic, UNSA, several other nation-states,

Technology Level: Late game Stellaris tech (post-scarcity). Stellaris factions have access to Jump Drives and Wormholes but are still dependent on Hyperlanes and Wormhole Stations. Also have access to portal teleportation, though it consumes a large amount of power so G-COM states still use dropship and shuttles.

Megastructures: Over 5 dozen of variety under G-COM (with 4 Dyson spheres and Matter decompressors each) (no sentry array yet thou).

Planets and Orbital Habitat Numbers: Over 3000 for the UNSA, all guarded by Battlestations, Citadel Starbases, and moderate fleets.

Notable events: Unification under the UN, WW3, the Prethoryn Scourge Conflict, Alliance-UN war, Creation of the Galactic Commonwealth, age of Expansion, the Blind Migration(Not in any order)

Fleet strength of G-COM: Over 200 Titans, and 5 million Warships (Battlecarriers, Battleships, Etc). Also has several tens of thousands of spaceborne and millions of support vessels, transports, etc. Also has a dozen Juggernauts on standby. (UNSA ships are of the Humanoid design,

UNSA Main Currency: Energy Credits

Supersoldiers/overpowered units: Crusader supersoldiers (think Spartans but actually invincible) Psionics (similar to X-Com and Starcraft Psionics, however extremely limited), the potential use of Huntsmen and Huntresses from RWBY (will not factor in until later in the story).

John and Jane Shepard: are twins and 20 years old when the Expedition starts, serving in the military alongside their mother.

Pairings: MShepXTali, FemshepX? (you can help decide)

First Contact race of the Mass Effect side: the Raloi, Geth, Batarian and the Quarians (because I don't think we see enough Human-Quarian alliances, also love Tali).

Xeno-Compatibility: On

HFY: Kind of (and a little council bashing and Quarian love)

Chapter 1: The Expedition

The Protheans left warnings of the Montoken Region of the Galaxy. Covering over 20% of the known galaxy, the warnings were made. Some, like the Reapers, were completely ignored. However, a particular warning was accepted as true in some way. This was bolstered by the fact that over half a dozen expeditions disappeared in that space. The Citadel Council banned all travel in that region, and eventually, it was forgotten for many years.

The warning was different from Beacons/Artifact to Artifact, yet it had the same message. The Motoken arm is full of monsters that will kill, full of unperceived dangers that will turn people crazy, species insane enough to kill all those, and proved to be too much to tame. When we learned of the history of the Motoken arm, its wars, space-borne monsters, ancient threats, the Prethoryn Scourge in recent years, it's no wonder the Protheans, and later many species before them warned to stay away. Even the Reapers never ventured in this area, staying away during their harvests.

Yet most of those warnings were false in a way. In the Montoken Region, there lies a kind of freedom for the individual species that live there. No Eezo, no Citadel, rich in all kinds of resources, fertile planets everywhere, and a few species that outlived the Protheans. Yet most of all, it had borne the premier power of the galaxy, the Galactic Commonwealth of Nations, and the species heading it, the Humans. The same race led the defence of the galaxy (to our universal ignorance), pacified their homes, unified several belligerent nations, and declared to the universe that wherever they stand, they stand defiant and unified with their culture, hopes, and Ideals. It's always fascinated me how many species can evolve and survive in a hostile space environment.

When we heard that the Quarians made contact with a fleet from the Motoken arm, it made sense that everyone panicked. We thought that they had unleashed another Rachni on us. Instead, it was a kind, benevolent, generous, and extremely aggressive collection of races that decided that it was a brilliant idea to go to war with the Hegemony (and to most of us, it was a good idea). The Quarian-Solarian alliance marked the turning point for a new age, one that would see the shake-up of the galaxy as we knew it.

Exempt from the post-Reaper War book:'Titans of the Ages'

Doctor Liara T'Soni, Asari Republic,

Cybrex, Capital of G-COM

November 19th, 2963/ 2172 CE (two years prior to the expedition)

Admiral Vorpona, a Vissari of the age of 34 and a Fleet Admiral of the Directorate Space Navy, wondered why he was being called up by both the Prime Minister of the United Nations Solar Alliance and the High Director of the Vissari Planetary Directorate. He was a Veteran of the Great Khanate Crusade, which had happened only 14 years ago, and was amongst the best the Vissari people had to offer.

He entered the meeting room and found Prime Minister Oliver Martdone and High Director Donaute Vicitom waiting for him.

"Seat Admiral, we have something to talk about." Prime Minster Martdone said.

Vorpona sat down and looked at the Human.

"Fleet Admiral, we have much to discuss. Are you familiar with the Polo Initiative?" the Director Vicitom asked.

"It's the large-scale push for exploration outside of our part of the galaxy, outside the Orion Perseus, and Zeus arms of the galaxy, which covers 20% and is where our nations our located. Why do you ask?" Zorpona asked.

"For the past year or so and with reconstruction from the Great Khan over, people are really putting the pressure on all nations to explore more of the galaxy. Even with the jump drives, not many civilians are willing to brave it alone without military escorts. That's where you come in." Vicitom explained.

"Fleet Admiral, both the Vissari PLanetary Directorate and the United Nations Solar Alliance have been given the honour of leading one of the several large-scale expeditions into unknown space. You and your ship, the VSS Contumacia, have been selected to head one of the expeditions." Prime Minister Mortodone continued.

"I'm sorry, you wish for me to head a combined fleet into unknown space, and with a Titan?" Vorpona asked with surprise.

"Two Titans actually. One from the UNSA navy, one from us. In Addition, you will have over 20 Battleships and Battlecarriers, 80 cruisers and light Carriers, over 200 corvettes and destroyers, accompanying support vessels, and several science ships under your command. Those numbers may rise of fall depending on the situation. In addition, you will have access to the UNSA's Crusaders, two of whom you are familiar with." the director replied.

"Who?" Vorpona asked.

"Us!" two voices called out. Vorpona turned to see 2 humans entering. One was an Asian male with short-black-spiky hair, and a shaven face, the other a female with Australian roots with dirty gold hair. Both were in UNSA military uniforms.

"Ah, the Couple of Mass Destruction is coming on a peaceful expedition, this won't totally backfire." Vorpona joked, with the married couple pouting. "How the heck are you two not die from old age yet? You're like 900 years old."

"Benefits of a mixture of Crusader augments and nanomachines. You're going to be dealing with us for a very long time." Sophia smiled. Admittedly, both were still very handsome, for being frontline military personnel that was, both looked like they were in their mid-30s.

"Field Marshal Victor Ross, Fleet Admiral Sophia Limburn, welcome to the meeting. Now while our expedition is going to be drawing resources from the UNSA and VPD, you will be presenting the Commonwealth as a whole. So be on your best behaviour, and show the galaxy what the Custodians can do." Vicitom smiled.

"Right then I accept this task. It would be nice to venture into the unknown, when do we leave?" Vorpona asked.

"In 2 years, we need to refit the UNSV (United Nations Space Vessel) Taipei and the VSS Contumacia to the best we can. We will also be looking for volunteers. Rest up people, you're going into the history books." Vicitom said.

"First major expansion push since the Prethoryn Scrouge war 300 years ago. We focused too much on exploring the systems in our space, now we look outwards. Remember, your one of several large fleets venturing into the unknown, get ready Admirals and Field marshal," Prime Minster Martdone said.

2 years later, November 15th, 2965 (United Nations Calendar) (Time skip because I'm bored)

Shanxi, New Yangtze system.

VSS Contumacia

Vorpona watched the UNSV Taipei as it slotted in formation with his Titan. After many years of preparation, drilling first contact protocols, equipping the ships with the best sensors, sublight and FTL drives available, and being provided some of the best crews G-COM had available, it was now go time to set into the void, like his ancestors had done so.

"Hard to believe that We've gone from leading counter-invasions to escorting a science ship. Still, it's nice to get out of our comfort zone." Vorpona turned to see Ross walking behind him.

"Let me guess, you're here to chit-chat until we start the meeting. How are your kids by the way?" Vorpona asked,

"All grown up. Adopted ones are following career paths in the military and politics, natural borns are in science and engineering. It was nice talking to them." Ross smiled.

"Just don't go around adopting alien children when we're out there. I still don't know how Limburn and you managed to care for 7 kids."Vorpona chuckles.

"Am I that irresponsible? Respect your Elders Admiral," Ross smiles humorously.

"You're 900 years old, but still the mentality of a teenager. I don't know how you do it." Vorpona shook his head. "Let's go down and meet the rest of the command staff. We're going to be away for several months to years."

The two officers walked down to a meeting room. Inside, they found a number of other officers and an AI.

"Welcome everyone to Operation Polo's Spirit. We're about to undergo the largest exploration of unknown space. Thank you for coming, everyone." Vorpona announced.

"Thank you, Admiral. Glad to be here." a civilian spoke. This was Doctor Amelia Vortunz, a Human with Ztrakphor genes in her. She was in overall charge of the civilian science ships in the area. Biologists and a linguistic, she was one of the newer scientists of the science community.

"Same here. It'll be nice for my marines to have someplace to stretch out. Too many years guarding isolated colonies, an expedition is a nice change of pace." General Williams added, overall commander of the Marine forces in the fleet.

"Good to see you again Fleet Admiral. Looks like we'll be in charge of the fleet together." Fleet Admiral Limburn smiled. She commanded the UNSV Taipei and headed the UNSA detachment.

"Same here, Admiral." an electronic voice spoke. This was Aurora, the AI of Taipei. She had taken the avatar of an ancient Greek female civilian. Sharma, the AI of the Contumacia and having the Avatar of a diplomat, was also present.

There were a few other scientists and officers, but the ones he saw first were the most important.

"Very well, let's get this started." Everyone sat down as the lights dimmed and a hologram appeared on the table.

"As you all know, G-COM claims about 20% of the known galaxy, and we've only just finished exploring our part, it's time we move on." a map of the galaxy appeared, highlighting the parts of the galaxy G-COM controlled.

"Since it's been nearly 300 years since we launched large-scale exploration outside of our own space, the civilians and governmental leaders have been petitioning us to venture into the unknown. Now that we're ready, we're about to begin. We're one of 5 fleets being sent out into the unknown. Three of the fleets have been sent to the Galactic North, with one other fleet and ourselves heading towards the west."

A map shows the system of Shanxi. "Shanxi is our launching ground. In addition to the local UNSA defence force, G-COM nations have further reinforced the system with a few Flotillas. All military forces have been placed on DEFCON 4. While everyone is hopeful, we all know that it's better to be safe than sorry. " Vorpona then switched to a map of a system several hundred lightyears away from Shanxi.

"Our first stop is Solar System G-4958, a small system a few hundred lightyears away. It's one of the many systems we sent probes out and one that is clear of any civilization. A few barren planets suitable for Terraforming, an Asteroid belt for minerals for local operations, and an area to set up a sensor array." Vorpona showed an overview of the Fleet.

"As this is a joint operation between the UNSA and VPD militaries, we have a large fleet to work with. 2 Titans, VSS Contumacia and UNSV Taipei, 30 Battleships and Battlecarriers (totalling 60 Heavy Capital ships, 4 KM and 3 KM long respectfully), 280 Cruisers and light carriers (around 1 KM long), 600 escort ships, two hundred transports and support ships, and 8 science vessels. It may seem like a lot of military power for an expedition, but we still have no idea what's in this region so better safe than sorry." the hologram then shifts to a list of equipment.

"We'll have access to constant communications to our homes at all times thanks to the QEC. So no need to panic. If necessary, we can also call upon several reactionary fleets for back up. Additional expeditionary fleets will come after use to establish bases and colonies once we've done our sweep." That was when a list of words came up.

"I should also mention our current objectives. 1: make new contact with any new races. 2: survey the systems for any new colonies. 3: search for any potential lost colonies of the Blind Migration of the UNSA from the 2200s. 4: Warn G-COM of any new threats from outer space." Vorpona then shut off the hologram.

"That's all for now. Any questions?" A few raised their hands.

"Admiral, remind us how long this expedition is going to take," Amelia asked.

"Depending on what we find, this can take up to just a few months to 4 years. If it's the first, it means that we've run into something that needs to be addressed and this expedition becomes of military or governmental concern. Latter means that everything's gone smoothly." Vorpona replied.

"What's the protocol if we make hostile first contact?" Williams asked.

"Defensive in nature. If it's just some primitives shooting at us and it's no harm, just let them shoot at us and have them run out of ammunition or they come to their senses. If it's one of reasonable danger, use our AIs and hack into them before disabling. We'll elaborate more later but that's about it." Vorpona answered.

A few other questions were answered but were of simpler concern. "Alright, that's it. I'll have Sharma send any additional data if need be. You're dismissed." everyone got up and left, with Amelia, Limburn, Williams, the AIs, Vorpona, and Ross staying behind.

"You know, you have to make a speech tomorrow when we depart right?" Ross adds.

"Yup, I'll get to work on it as soon as possible. Anything we should know?" Vorpona asked.

"Nope, I have over 60,000 combat marines ready. We are combat effective." Williams replied.

"Right then. Get some rest, people. Big day tomorrow." The group dispersed, and Vorpona sighed.

He hated speeches.

The Citadel

November 15th, 2965/ 2173

The Citadel, the heart of the Galactic community (or at least outside of the Motoken region). A dozen different species inhabited the ancient station. And it was home to 3 of the strongest races in the 'known' galaxy.

Yet today, there was a new crisis that they had to deal with, Something Councilor Tevos didn't want to deal with.

"We demand that the Council arrest these thieves and Vagrants. They have plagued the galaxy for too long." the Batarian ambassador demanded.

"For the last time, the Quarian Migrant fleet has done nothing to harm Batarian Hegemony. We simply cannot just arrest 17 million Quarian on the whim of a single skirmish. And might I recall that these were pirates and slavers, not actual Hegemony warships?' Tevos reminded the Ambassador.

"It does not matter. Hundreds of brave Hegemony Citizens perished in this Skirmish. We demand action!"

"So are you inferring that these Citizens are being supported by the Hegemony itself and that the Hegemony is supporting these raiders?" Tevos continued.

"I uhh-" Tevos cut the ambassador off.

"For the last time, we will not be pursuing any military action against the Migrant Fleet until they directly attack one of the member races of the Citadel. This hearing is over." the meeting ended and the Councilors retired to one of the meeting rooms.

"I swear we should have ended the Batarians before they got too powerful." the Salarian Councilor, Sadion, muttered.

"Yes, but they are one of the things keeping the Terminus stable. Still, if only a power from the unknown could balance them out." Spartacus grumbled.

"What's the status of the Quarian fleet?" Tevos asked.

"Annoying as they can be. We've had to evict them from a planet, and their fleet is on the move." Spartacus reported.

"Why can't we just give them a planet and leave them be?" Tevos asked.

"Dextro planets are in short supply. Turians need them urgently." Sadion sighed."Theoretically, the Montoken Region could hold a plentiful supply but unless we activate more relays, we are slowly running out of breathing room."

"Maybe, I'll look into maybe getting the Republics to open a few relays. However, it must be under heavy guard." Tevo said.

"Very well, I'll talk to the Primarch. We'll talk about this later." The councillors dispersed, and Tevos opened a bottle of Thessian Wine.

"Anything but this. Anything new," Tevos grumbled.

Commonwealth Wiki: Prethoryn Scrouge War.

In the mid-2700s, a horde of creatures from dark space came and attacked several planets on the outer edges of the Orion arm. Within a year, the Glyrain Triad was decimated and 3 other nations were on the verge of collapse.

Desperate for aid, many nations turned to the galactic superpowers, most notably the Vissari Planetary Directorate, the Federation of Free Nations, the Elder Alliance, and the United Nations Solar Alliance. The Former two lacked any knowledge in Coalition warfare so the role of Supreme Commander went to the UNSA. With the massive industrial complex of the UNSA and Ringworld for shipyards, the Humans began to arm their allies.

The first major battle with UNSA involvement was the Battle of Withariard Nebula. 1000 warships from the UNSA, VPD, FFN, and other nations went up against the 3000 Prethoryn Scrouge lifeforms. Despite being outnumbered 3 to 1, the combined fleets threw back the Scourge, marking the first major victory of the war.

With the first victory, the UNSA was declared the Custodians of the Galactic Community by the Elder Alliance, an ancient title that became the supreme commanders and could tell the nations what they could do. Everyone mobilized their fleets and armies, with one goal: push this threat back.

For the next 13 years, the newly established Galactic Commonwealth of Nations would battle the Scourge, reclaiming planets via orbital bombardment and large-scale landings of soldiers. Eventually, G-COM (as it was commonly called) found the last of the Prethoryn Scourge, who promptly surrendered. For the time being, the Queens and the Remnants of the scourge have been Quarantined in a semi-large system to allow them to survive but not enough resources to mount an invasion fleet in a reasonable time frame.

Since then, G-COM, and by some extension the UNSA, has become the dominant force within the Montoken region. While there have been major Hic-ups here and there, G-COM has maintained the peace for over 300 years, baring the Khanate wars in 2950.

UNSA Database: the Blind Migration.

During the 2100s, the Sol system was in a dire situation. Overpopulation was starting to affect Earth, Mars wasn't fully terraformed yet, and the lack of food was becoming a problem. To solve this, individual nation-states and Corporations began to build large Ark ships with massive bays of cryo pods. These ships had experimental wormhole Generators, the pride of decades of research, yet something the UN refrained from using due to their prototype instability. Still, millions signed up for a chance to leave Sol. Over 250 ark ships, and 500 million people departed Sol over the course of 3 decades (2137-2182). Due to the noticeable population decrease, things slightly improved with new technology and eventually, the population became stable. The wormhole drive was eventually worked out more but put on the backburning in favour of the hyperlanes and hyperspace.

The Ark ships were a mixed bag of success. Over 100 of these ships landed on habitable and lush moons, jump-starting their colonies and becoming somewhat prosperous. Yet they began to struggle Economically, especially the ones which had travelled far from Sol, mainly due to slow population growth. By the 2300s, a number of these colonies were on the verge of collapse due to political, economic, and social disorder.

When Earth used the Hyperlane network to explore the stars, they found many of these colonies who eagerly rejoined Earth under the UNE. However, a collection of these colonies actually became its own separate nation and joined the UNSA as a separate nation-state (known as the Eden Republic). Another space nation that formed was the Defiance Solar Alliance, a collection of rouge colonies that became xenophobic  (due to landing. on less than ideal worlds) and later became a problem during the 2500s which would result in the UN-Alliance war (only ending after the Europe 7 incident and following Human Anthurian war).

Not all Ark ships were lucky, however. Some landed on habitable but barren worlds so when the UNSA came around, they had no choice but to join up with them or risk starvation. At least 15 were destroyed on route either by freak accidents of nature or mechanical issues. Another 10 starved to death on the planets they were on, and currently, 4 are missing without any trace. It is hypothesized that these 4, which all travelled together, ended up somewhere in Citadel Space but no-one truly knows.

The UNSA and later G-COM has protocols in place for encountering these colonies or ark ships. Both the UNSA and VPD have found a number of Arks somehow still floating in space and working, stasis pods functioning. Many of these colonists, stunned to see how long has passed, would later rejoin the UNSA under new colony ventures, including on the new-constructed Megastructures. To this date, all but four of the Ark ships have been documented and their fates confirmed. The following Ark ships: CSV Mist, CSV Veil, CSV Australia, and CSV Mantle are still MIA.

Currently, Expedition Fleet 4 under Admiral Vorpona, as of 2963, s en route to the unknown to see if they can find these colonists or confirm their destruction. Whether or not these colony ships are active or not is yet to be determined.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39 0 7
In the not-so-distant future, humanity's hubris led to its downfall. A cataclysmic event, born of arrogance and fueled by conflict, ravaged the Earth...
7.8K 338 42
When things are broken apart, they will eventually come back together again. Whether it be via unexpected peace, or via a war for their very existenc...
181 0 51
I'm an artist with words, not book covers... Android Captain Lancieta Steegle, and an engineer from Earth named Mannie end up relying on each other f...
36.9K 2.4K 39
It's the year 2309 and the question of whether we are alone in the universe is finally answered; an answer which ends in a full-scale war. Desperate...