Red moon notice

By SaberTrueno86

"Mia!? Alice!?" He yelled getting up, he didn't even bring a torch, didn't even plan to stay out so late, squ... More

Introduction
Ripped from me
It came in fives
Peppy partner
A woman's touch
In a castle of glass
A new leaf of respect
A hailstorm of gunfire
Dinner?
Superstition
Riding shotgun
Pursuit
Apex
My partner
Dale Faust
Eddie's note
Bad omen?
Another murder
A possible copycat
Interrogation
Another suspect
Three sets of prints
Bad security
Not the cells in his brains
Not doing your job
Doesn't look evil
The boss
Two killers
An insult
Spike
Bird cage
One girl too small
Farewell cruel world
Red Notice
Women like her
Nosy press
The suit...
Behold its Alice
Unexplained attacks
We meet again

Suspect in cuffs

11 3 25
By SaberTrueno86

"Who brings a wallet to a murder? Its not like it costs much to take a life-"

-A sharp pain in her leg made Angela fly out of her sleep and grab it, she clenched her teeth hissing as the sweat formed on her face, she tried hard not to be loud but couldn't help give a shut mouthed call, bending into herself and holding that leg for dear life.

Breathless Angela sat trembling, she knew no pain medication would help for this, that's why she wanted out of the hospital as soon as she could, but that stubborn nurse insisted!

She looked around, through the blinded windows she saw no movement, on a chair in the room she saw her clothes.

She had to get out, she needed something stronger for this agony and she couldn't find it here.

Slowly she got out of bed, again struggling hard not to make noise through her mouth, she hissed again when she got to her feet and quickly as her pain would allow she turned the monitoring equipment off by the wall.

The needles and patches rippingly came off her arms but her eyes followed them down to her leg, she had to cuss to see the wounds bleed slightly.

She grabbed the bandages she took off earlier from under the blankets and wrapped them tightly then paused to muster some more endurance, with every movement she made it felt like she got shot in her leg over and over again.

The hospital gown came off in one clean tuck, not caring who would see her nudity, then as quickly and as silently as her pain allowed she dressed in the clothes, it seems the hospital was kind enough to wash her jeans, it still had a holes in though.

She limped to the door and placed her hand on it, a last brace, she breathed out slowly, took a deep breath in, straightened her posture and opened it, walking out normally and calmly she scanned the hallways first, no nurses.

She walked to the exit, thinking she'd have to use the lifts, a staircase might be quicker but it would be just too much for her to handle.

She pressed the button and stood back, still scanning the halls for movement, accidentally slipping a tear in her one eye but she wiped it quickly.

When the doors opened a nurse she hasn't met yet stood inside and she joined her.

"Excuse me Miss? Visiting hours were over a long time ago?" She said but Angela only pressed the ground floor button.

"I fell asleep in my husband's room" she answered the nurse with a shy smile.

"Oh, that's understandable" the nurse smiled back.

It took all of Angela's strength and insurance to stand straight and force herself not to tremble as the pain bit at her rabidly, it felt like forever when the doors opened and the marched out, passing wordless by everyone inside and disappeared into the night.

***

"You're not going to believe what we found" Warren said as Tom sleepily stood watching his kettle the next morning, he heard the chief, but felt annoyed that the kettle didn't boil yet.

"Intrigue me" he said but scoffed seeing he plugged it out last night to make toast, who even makes toast for supper?

"There was a licence card at the scene, and you won't guess to whom it belonged?"

Tom had the kettle plugged and flipped it on "You say I won't believe Chief, is it someone I know?"

"Adele Monroe..."

Tom was suddenly wide awake "You're joking!"

"I have a warrant here Thomas! Get over so we can go take her in"

The Hell with the coffee! He'll get one at Starbucks! Tom ran to his room to get dressed "I'll be there in twenty minutes"

"You have Angela's car still?" Warren asked.

"Yeah its still safe"

"With that you can make it in ten! Snap snap Snyders!" He said and the phone died.

Tom threw it down and practically jumped into his clothes, with shoes not properly tied he ran to the door of his small condo, grabbing his service pistol, badge, canteen and keys.

He was swearing and shouting at his gate lock that gave him problems as usual then kicked it before he ran to the car.

He had the car in gear and planted the gas too hard making it first spin in a complete circle on his gravel driveway, Tom was still screaming out of frustration but eased the pedal to at least get it off the gravel and on the tar.

Now with a car that acted more behaved he could think clearer, Adele!? Of all people, it would make sense if it was her, she doesn't look like the murderer kind, then again, predators among men are the most unlikely of suspects.

The milk man, the baker, heck it could even be the school bus driver, so in essence to Tom as a detective he was right to suspect anyone, even Miss eye candy Adele.

He wished Angela was here, that little jealous hint she gave him yesterday told Tom she would have loved to personally throw the cuffs over Adele's wrists.

He decided to phone her, see if she slept off those drugs yet but then he remembered the woman didn't buy herself a phone yet.

There was another thing, the alleyway shootout, Tom probably could have gone there last night to snoop around, but decided its better to focus on the Butcher for now.

He came to a halt at the station but Warren was already coming over "Your car is ready, park hers and let's go!" he called holding the keys up.

"Thank heavens! Angela's car tore up my driveway this morning" Tom said catching the keys Warren threw and they both climbed into the Victoria.

"You probably punched it to hard didn't you?" Warren said as they drove.

"Obviously! But I never had that problem with this car Jones, tell me, did they identify the boy?" Tom asked glancing at the backup patrol car in his rearview mirror.

Warren grunted shaking his head "They're swamped Snyders, the black sedan, the boy, the previous murder at the Pinpoppy, the shootout you and your cowboy partner had, and now the kid's body lies in a freezer until a gap on the table opens for it"

"That's horse crap Warren! Phone them and say we want an autopsy on the kid ASAP! If he's linked to a murderer were about to arrest we want more facts! And we can't get that when he stiffs up in a freezer!"

"I told them that this morning when they brought in the licence card of Monroe, and trust me I nearly slapped that man's head off! They should have started the autopsy by now"

"Good, hopefully we can identify him soon, find out if there was a motive for him being the target, and, then let his parents know" Tom said with a sigh.

Warren slapped his shoulder "I'll leave that in your capable hands"

"Why me!? You're the chief!"

"And this is your case"

Tom clicked his tongue and took a quick right hander, Warren actually had to cling to the door.

"It seems she did rub off on you"

Tom said nothing as the stopped at Adele's building, they got out with haste and paced to the doors, inside the lady behind the desk stood up surprised at the speed they walked.

"Can I help!?"

Tom flashed his badge and Warren held up the warrant "Police business missus, be as you were"

They took the lift up. The two deputies with them patiently followed with no words.

Out the lift Tom led them to Adele's office and they entered with a slight bang at the doors, it was enough to make Adele fly from her seat.

"Adele Monroe, we have a warrant for your arrest" Warren said as one if the female deputies came around with a set of cuffs.

"Arrest? For what!?" Adele asked giving the approaching police officer a worrying glance.

"We found your drivers license at a crime scene last night" Warren said.

Adele grabbed her hand bag and dug in it frantically, she had her wallet out and checked, but her face that sank told Tom and Warren it wasn't there.

"Its conspiracy to murder" Tom said and she looked at him beggingly as the woman in blue took her hands.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say, can and will be used against you in the court of law..." Warren said.

"You have the right to a lawyer, if you don't have one, the state will provide, but I guess you probably have some of the best right Miss Adele?" Warren continued and walked out.

As the office escorted Adele out the room she passed Tom who still stood in the office, her face told him she was innocent, but then again it might be shocked that she screwed up...

Tom turned to the table and watched the wallet... Who brings their wallet to a murder anyway? Its not like it costs much to kill someone.

†††
Author's note:

*evil laugh*

Yes, I said I had some juicy ideas of recent, y'all think Adele is innocent? Maybe she did it to mock Snyders and only played possum?

And what of Angela? You think she's going back to her bad habits?

Let's see what happens next right?

Thanks for the read peeps!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 725 31
MAFIA STEP - SISTER OF BANGPINK
55.2K 7.3K 78
"Se refiere a la belleza de corta duración de la flor de cerezo" ╰──➢ Advertencias ✧ ⁞ ❏. Omegaverse < SLOW BURN ⁞ ❏. Todoroki Bottom! ⁞ ❏. Smu...
16.2K 181 19
⚠️رواية منحرفة خاصة للبالغين⚠️ وَقَعْتُ بِحُبِ رَجُلٍ ثَلٰاَثِينِيٖ قَاٰمَ بِتَرْبِيَتِيٖ إِنَكَ مُتَزَوِجْ يَاسَيِدْ جُيُوٰنْ قَتَلَ كُلْ مَنْ حَا...