Alphabet Assemble (A Wrong Nu...

By AV_RAY

"When you said 'let's go for a ride,' I thought you meant in Stark's car!" Typical wrong number book. It's a... More

Gonna Eat Rice Soon |1|
Buttered Blueberry Bagle |2|
Yogurt And Granola |3|
Hashbrowns |4|
McDonalds McGriddle |6|
Barbeque Chicken |7|
Ribs With Tostitos |8|
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie |9|
Juicy Shrimp Stirfry And Salmon |10|
Actual Bomb Macaroni |11|
Cinnamon Bun |12|
Chicken Striiiiiipppppssssss |13|
Man I Eat A Lot Of Eggs |14|
Fricking Delicious Spring Rolls |15|
Bacon And Cheddar Smokie |16|
Mini Eggs And A Bad Trucker's Cap |17|
Author's Note
Strawberry Smoothie |18|
Reheated Frozen Soup That Tasted Like Stew |19|
Sun Chips and Bad Subway |20|
Hotel Pancakes From Denny's |21|
Hotel Hot Chocolate That Was Actually Bussin |22|
Pig Butt That Was So Good I Can't Make It Up |23|
7/11 Pizza That Was So Delicious I Would Rob Someone To Get It |24|
Author's Note
Rice Crispy Square Nests With Lil' Mini Eggs In 'Em |25|
Bucket Full Of Easter Candy |26|
Rice Crispy Clump Cereal (Someone Made Clumps From Leftover Rice Crispies) |27|
Jalapeno and Cheese Bagel (Non-Toasted Ofc) |28|
Eating Breakfast For Dinner But Thinking About Springrolls I Had Before |29|
I Really Want Springrolls Guys |30|
Not Even A Quarter Bowl Of Ground Beef :') |31|
Half Cooked Pizza |33|
Sapparo Ichiban Beef Flavour |34|
From Frozen To Crispy Burnin Hot Chicken Burger |35|
A Banana That Made Me Sick |36|
M&Ms I Stole From My Sister |37|
I Got Lumpia Finally :)))) |32|
Pretzel Chips I Swear I gained Weight On |38|
Nuts In A Long Car Ride |39|
Springrolls Again |40|
Fizzy Strawberries That Shouldn't Taste Like Soda |41|
Late Night Cheese🥰 |42|
My Salt Lamp....👀 |43|
Iron Pie In My Crusty State |44|
Postemelone Watermelone |45|
Ever Had Hummingbird Juice? I Have And I Don't Regret It |46|
Author's Note
Pancakes |47|
Soda Crackers, Cheese, and Phat Meat |48|
Doritos |49|
Drippy Co-op Icecream |50|
Frothy Hot Coco |51|
Fajitas With Taco Powder Instead |52|
Crunchy As Hell Cheezies |53|
I Ate Too Much Food Call Help |54|
Chicken Wings |55|
Gum That Tasted Like Cleaning Product |56|
I Almost Threw Up Thanksgiving |57|

Bacon And Eggs on Toast :) |5|

4.1K 140 193
By AV_RAY

(Check chapter number!)

Standing in the elevator Mr. Barton started to hum. It seemed as if he was trying to make the atmosphere more awkward by lowering in and out of tune.

"Guess they shoulda kept the elevator music in, huh?" Y/n sassed, shoving her hands in her pockets.

Natasha snickered at the kid's dig towards her partner.

"Ahh, Nat, I think she's got brain damage too," Barton replied with mocking despair. "My humming is top notch."

"Turn up your hearing aids and we'll talk," Miss. Romanoff replied.

The elevator dinged and Mr. Barton stepped out to a busy area with an oval shaped upper level that a set of metal stairs led up to. The three walked, Miss. Romanoff hanging back with Y/n as she limped along.

The ache had grown from her lower ribs up her chest as time went on and the feeling left Y/n sick to her stomach. Every movement jabbed a piece of her bones back into the wrong place and then it moved. Her cage keeping in her organs pulling apart.

"You sure you're alright?" The redhead asked.

Y/n didn't say anything regarding that. "You can't really do anything for a broken rib..." the girl huffed.

"Pain killers," the woman offered. "What happened exactly anyway? And don't try to save Harley's neck either because I'll know if your lying."

Y/n rolled her eyes at herself and her stupidity. "I'm an idiot. Harley wanted me to test out his 'Iron Lad' armor. Everything was fine for two seconds and then the repulsors went crazy and I shot towards the ceiling and crashed on the ground," the girl shrugged and immediately winced.

Miss. Romanoff gave her a somewhat sympthatethic look.

"What's that tech that changes your face? I saw you use it before and tried to replicate it once..." the girl brought up suddenly.

The redhead nodded her head as she walked. "Photostatic Veil. Partially nanotech and the rest is chemically altered manufactured cells. I don't think you would've thought of the cells."

Y/n shook her head. "I tried out nanotech. I have a mask-like thing at home made of it but it's hard to make it so that there's still oxygen coming through..." the girl went on.

"Tony knows all about nanotech," Natasha put out hoping to gauge the girl's reaction of the mentioning.

Turned out that the girl was fairly good at keeping a straight face. "I don't know how that helps me," she laughed. "I would have to be his personal intern for that to possibly work out."

Natasha held open the glass door to Bruce's lab for Y/n. "Not necessarily. I'm sure you could catch him around even if you were a normal intern. Plus, there loads of smart people here who would be willing to help. And with W.E.B. on the way, you have a pretty good chance."

"You seem to hold out hope for me," the girl observed. It confused her.

Out from the back of the room beside a cabinet and counter with various medical and chemist's supplies walked out a man with rectangular wire glasses on his nose and a long white lab coat over his shoulders.

"Oh my gosh you're--"

"The Hulk, yeah--"

"--the most renowned scientist of our time! I read all of your books on gamma radiation, your work is simply unparalleled," Y/n gushed not noticing how it seemed to catch the scientist off guard.

Natasha and Clint chuckled silently as Bruce stuttered.

"Thanks," his voice broke. Clearing his throat, Banner clasped together his hands and then pushed them into his coat pockets, seemingly not knowing what to do with them. "What seems to be the rumpus?"

"Harley--" Clint started.

The man immediately nodded. "Say no more," he turned to the girl who was standing more in front of the two assassins. "Where does it hurt?" The man motioned for her to sit on the examination table.

Clint and Natasha exited the room and started messing around with something out in the main lab.

The amount of embarrassment Y/n was feeling in this moment was enough for her to block the experience from her mind. The girl never thought about how the actual Bruce Banner examined the terrible looking bruise on her abdomen and said how severe the damage was. ("That's a pretty nasty looking bruise.") She never thought about how she explained about her 'fight' between her and the druggie. And she definitely didn't think about how she was so stupid to get herself hurt at Stark Industries.

"Broken ribs..." the doctor clicked his tongue. "Can't do a lot for that--as for the concussion, nothing as well. I have painkillers," he suggested.

"That's what I thought," Y/n replied blandly.

The doctor turned to his cabinets and rummaged around. The sound of pills knocking around laced the air and bags crinkled too.

"You're not allergic to anything are you?" He asked.

"No..."

When he returned to the girl he had a white pill bottle in hand the size of his fist. "These are painkillers designed for Captain America--he has to take nearly ten of 'em for anything to happen. I modified the chemical equation but kept these. Thought they could come in handy and I was right." He pulled out one in his gloved hand and passed it to her. "They're strong--but I'm sure that's fine. You wouldn't wanna feel any of the pain you are now?"

Y/n nodded. "It's not gonna make me drowsy right? I have work tonight..." she said the last part tentatively.

"All should be fine. The drowsy stuff I made for Steve knocks him right out--had to make it like that because his body kept overcoming the grogginess..." he paused. "Are you here for the intern testing?"

She nodded and went to take the cup of water the doctor had his hand out with. He retracted his hand.

"I have to have your teachers permission first. I thought you were an intern already..." he spoke apologetically. "Jarvis--"

"I'm on it, Doctor."

"Thank you," the scientist replied.

A few seconds later Jarvis came with his reply. "Mr. Harrington has replied with, 'as long as it's safe'."

"That's the go ahead. I'm sure he's had a student die before because of this--he apparently looses his students all the time," Y/n rolled her eyes.

Bruce's eyes widened slightly.

"Alright. I assure you, it's perfectly safe besides the normal side effects of Tylenol," the doctor replied handing her the cup.

She took the pill as the doctor pulled of his gloved and turned them into the trash. Y/n had briefly wondered if maybe he was going to poison her but she inevitably decided she'd take the chance. If she died, she was sure she wouldn't be missed anyway.

"Make sure to take it easy for the next couple of months. No sports or anything of high intensity. Please don't wrap anything on your ribs to use as a compresaant, it actually raises the chance that you'll catch pneumonia," Doctor Banner voiced sincerely.

Y/n sighed. Looked like she'd be off the track team then. There goes another chance at a scholarship. She frowned and got up gingerly.

"You got it Doc," the girl half smiled. "Thanks for the painkiller."

"No problem, kid," he started walking towards the door with the girl. "If you're here for the testing then why were you hanging around with Harley?"

"Finished it," Y/n shrugged.

"Ahh..."

Opening the door, Y/n and Dr. Banner were met with just the type of chaos you'd expect from two dumbass assassins--one considerably more so than the other.

"Clint, I fricking told you not to touch it," Miss. Widow yelled at her companion

"A little too late now, Tash!" Clint exclaimed, shaking his arm that was encased in a black goop.

The vials and bottles upturned on the table the two were at as Barton tried to scrap off the goo. It had metallic viens in it and it seemed to be entering through Clint's skin.

Quickly, the doctor hurried to a shelf where a white, tube shape similar to an arm was located, he pressed a button while placing it on the archer's arm. Immediately, the goop slid out and entered the bottle that Banner was holding by Clint's infected hand.

Screwing on the lid tightly, the doctor then placed it on a tall shelf.

"Barton, I've told you before not to touch unidentified items in my lab," Bruce shouted slightly exasperated.

"What was that thing?" Natasha asked glancing wearily at the jar.

"Was that an alien?" Y/n piped up, walking towards the disaster.

"Bingo," Banner pointed to the girl while facing his upturned objects on the table and trying to replace them.

"Oh, makes sense to have a freaking alien just lying around in the open," Clint responded sarcastically. "I've already been possessed once, never again," he had a haunted undertone.

"Relax, Barton. You're fine," Natasha reassured harshly.

"Plus, I didn't expect nosey archers to go poking around my lab," Bruce blurted worriedly.

"I think you should expect it, Dr. Banner. I mean, I don't know Mr. Barton at all and he definitely seems like the kinda person to see with his hands not his eyes," Y/n observed.

"She's gotta point," Natasha agreed.

"What's got your bonnet in a bunch, Banner?" The redhead chuckled at her own self.

"Really, alliteration? C'mon Natasha, this is an alien being and I'm not exactly sure what the side effects of even touching it could possibly be," Banner voiced his concern.

It was pretty valid, in Y/n's opinion.

Barton's eyes widened. "I feel fine. I look fine, right?" He turned to Natasha with his arms slightly spread out. "Still handsome, right?" His tone was more worried when Natasha didn't answer the first time.

"You look like you, if that's what your asking--you were never handsome in the first place," the redhead teased.

Clint rolled his eyes. "Well," he filled the silence. "I'm alive still--sadly. Let's go get some coffee," he suggested walking for the door.

Y/n was down, coffee with three of the six Avengers--she'd be stupid not to.

Clint walked next to Y/n down to the elevator, fixing his fast pace to match hers. He had his hands shoved into his gray sweater pockets. "Call me Clint, or Hawkeye, not Mr. Barton. Makes me feel old."

"You are old," Y/n said matching something along the lines of what Natasha had said at the same time.

"Two bullies--I don't think I'll survive that," Clint sighed, pressing the elevator button.

It dinged before he could follow through. Stepping out of the way, the doors opened and Captain freaking America popped out.

"Its Captain Wonderboy," Y/n smirked.

The man just sighed, "great. Now theres two of 'em

Y/n suddenly realized that what she just said was completely unprofessional. She wasn't with her friends at the moment but actual Avengers. The brunette couldn't be her rude self.

Her face became apologetic as she stuttered to try and fix her mistake.

"Don't worry 'bout it, kid. I get that on the daily. It doesn't bother me," he extended his hand and Y/n briefly wondered why he wore shirts that were too small for his muscles. "Steve Rogers," he greeted.

The girl took his hand. "Y/n Y/l/n."

"Nice to meetcha, kid." He turned his attention to Clint. "Barton, just the man I was looking for. You're laundry got sorted wrongly into mine. Thought I'd bring it up to you."

"I don't know how," the archer grumbled. His eyes widened when the captain passed out a batman onesie.

Natasha snickered and so did Bruce who had slowly trailed behind.

Y/n gasped, "Clint, you bought the enemy's merch?!"

"What?" All of the Avenger present asked confusedly.

"Nothing," she mumbled and got into the elevator. "So coffee..."

At those words, Clint was immediately at her side, bouncing on his feet.

Litterally four out of the six Avengers piled into the elevator and Y/n honestly couldn't believe her luck in life right then.

They all looked so domestic--no supersuits or weapons they were just normal. It helped ease the brunette's anxiety because frankly, two assassins in a pair of sweatpants and leggings with hoodies wasn't intimidating. But the girl knew not to mess with them either way.

Even Steve was completely different in jeans and a grey t-shirt. He wasn't Captain America right now, just Steve. All completely normal people that deserved respect and happiness and a life just like everyone else.

"So," the blonde haired man cleared his throat, "Y/n, you're here for the internship test?"

"Yep," the girl replied, rocking on her feet. She needed a coffee probably as much as Clint did. Her sleep schedule was completely screwed

"How do you think you did?" He asked kindly.

Y/n contemplated telling him what Harley had told her but decided against it thinking that Stevie was probably a more stick to the book kinda person when it came to tests.

"Meh, alright? Maybe? It was decently hard but Lucky was a good motivation. Didn't let myself go and pet him until I finished the test," she told.

"See, Clint? Your dog helped her, it was a good thing I made you send him down, huh?" Bruce patted the archer's shoulder.

He rolled his eyes in response.

"The test said that we'd get our results sent to out teacher--when does that happen?"

Bruce pursed his lips and pushed up his glasses. "All the intern tests get sent around to teachers at the same time so that it's fair to get the results. Midtown was the last school to do the tests because the schools in the city fairly close. Your teacher will probably get the results tomorrow and then share with the class."

"Gosh that's nerve wracking," she mumbled. "At least I don't have to wait around for too long..."

"Are you worried?" Steve asked.

Y/n mentally rolled her eyes. She knew he meant well but his questions had obvious answers.

The brunette shrugged. "Its pretty important," the spoke towards the floor shuffling her feet.

"It'll be fine. Remember there's still W.E.B.," Miss Rimanoff reassured with a slight smile, parting her on the shoulder.

"Thanks, Miss. Romanoff."

"Natasha," the redhead clarified.

Clint widened his eyes and whistled. "Whoah, Tasha being nice for once? Not something I've experienced," the archer taunted. "Another nickname I love for her--Satan." He told the girl while the other men in the elevator laughed and the redhead shot him a glare.

"I'll remember that for next time," the girl smirked.

"Next time. That's the spirit, kid. You got this," Clint cheered.

"A little late for motivation, Barton," the woman rolled her eyes.

"Hey, I didn't see you giving your dog up for the day to help kids," Clint said as he walked out of the elevator.

Arriving back at the cafeteria, Y/n spied her friends sitting in the same table with the adding of Peter. Mr. Harrington and Dell were hanging around at a few other tables with extra kids.

Y/n realized how weird it would look for her to be walking with four Avengers to her table. Peter's eyes widened and he sent her a blank look. You've been hanging around with the Avengers?!

She sent one back giving a yes. Natasha glanced weirdly at the girl beside her as she walked. Maybe she could decipher the Y/n and Peter's telepathic stares.

Y/n and Clint made a beeline for the coffee kiosks and filled up the largest cup size each. "Should you be drinking coffee?" He asked before he sipped it black.

"No. But I gotta stay awake at work," she took a drink of hers with sweetener.

Making their way back to the tables, the pair found that there were now three tables pushed together and the Avengers were chatting with awestruck highschoolers. Y/n sat down beside Peter and Clint sat down beside her. The archer passed a hand to the wide eyed boy, introducing himself across Y/n.

Things like this happened where random kids would join and leave and then rejoin as more finished the test. Y/n was pretty sure nearly every student got to meet at least one Avenger.

It wasn't exactly a formal thing because laughing was happening--Clint was fighting with Romanoff for chair space and inevitably they ended up sharing, one leg up on the other's lap like an automan. MJ was particularly interested in Natasha and how it was like working on a team dominated by men. The redhead's reply was that she kept 'em in check, not the other way around. MJ seemed to like that answer.

Ned got an autograph from Captain America on his napkin and he held onto that thing for the rest of the day. Harley and Y/n had a paper launching fight across the table unbeknownst to everyone else using spoons as catapults. It was under the radar until Natasha got hit by Harley and then they were done.

Things were still respectful--Mr. Harrington and Dell made sure of that but they also very much enjoyed themselves.

Peter and Y/n discussed the test. The questions were in different orders on each test they found out. As well as some questions were different. Eventually they came up with the solution that the questions were set up to test each person as they went--progressivly getting harder. It was all a strategic thing.

Y/n at one point pulled out her phone and opened messages.

Y/n: I'M FREAKING HAVING COFFEE WITH 4 OF THE 6 AVENGERS🤯PLEASE COME TO THE CAFETERIA IF YOUR HERE

The girl shoved her phone back in her pocket after sending the text to Genius. Soon some kids left to go do their own thing with their friends, sitting at different tables.

At one point it only remained the four Avengers and Y/n's friends plus Harley--which he was basically a friend even though he threw Y/n under the bus. Mr. Harrington had removed himself with Mr. Dell to sit at the other end of the cafeteria with his group of kids who Y/n had found out were the chess group.

If it wasn't obvious already.

"And then Nat and I crashed through the doors and caught the guy," Clint spoke excitedly.

"Barton that's classified information," the redhead droned.

"Not since you dumped Shield's files on the internet," Clint defended.

The woman rolled her eyes. "You're leavening out the part where I saved your ass--can't find that on a Shield file."

"How did you save him?" MJ asked from beside Bruce.

The woman scoffed. "Grabbed him by his bow and pulled him up from the building like a trout," she smirked.

"Yeah, she's saved all of our lives at least once," Steve mentioned with a smile.

Clint and Bruce were smirking their faces off so Y/n knew something was up between them.

"Could you guys be any more obvious?" The woman asked with a hand shaking frustratedly.

"Yeah," Barton started, " I could say how you--"

The woman stepped on this foot and smiled innocently from beside him. "What was that Barton?"

He shook his head and stared at his empty coffee cup that he'd sucked dry.

Y/n heard the elevator ding and out walked low and behold, Tony Stark.

"Come to join the party?" Clint asked, raising his cup.

"Kinda sad, Barton that you only party with sixteen year olds," Stark bit out lightly. Y/n sensed that something was going on unsaid.

He held out his hand to Romanoff waiting with a Stark mug in the other. "Let's have it Romanoff."

"I don't know what you're talking about," she said so convincingly that Y/n nearly believed her.

"'Don't know' my ass--give it here," Mr. Stark persisted shortly.

"You kick him in the shins, I'll hold him back and then Nat can make a run for it," Clint whispered to the brunette loudly.

"Stay out of it, Barton," Stark spoke as Natasha huffed and pulled out a phone and handed it to him. "Thank you," he cut out.

"I know all your secrets, Stark," the redhead smirked and it seemed to get a reaction out of him. Y/n just couldn't see because he was turned away from her.

"I have no secrets, Romanoff," he said almost in a sing song voice and Y/n could hear his fake smile.

"Not any more," Clint mumbled under his breath.

Luckily Mr. Stark didn't hear that part.

So Natasha stole Stark's phone...

"So I heard from Jarvis that you had a trip to the infirmary," Stark directed his attention to Y/n mometairly before bombarding Harley. "What did you do?"

"Old news," he scoffed earning a warning glance from Stark. The boy paled slightly.

"We'll talk about this later, young man," Mr. Stark spoke and it sounded entirely different from that on the news and such. He hardly sounded like the playboy he described himself as on T.V.

"Mr. Stark--"

"Tony, please. Mr. Stark is..." he spluttered for the word.

"Makes you feel old right?" Clint brought up with a melancholy tone.

"That's it," Stark pursed his lips and nodded.

The man sat at a different table but backwards so that he was facing the girl.

"I was thinking about this time that I saw that Photostatic Veil, and I came up with a idea to recreate it. Nanotech was the idea but how do you make it breathable? The components are still too dense even as nano particles and making it fit perfect to match the face shapes..." she hook her head slightly.

"Mhmm, yeah...I'm actually working on a new design for my armor. It's nanotech," Tony began whilst flourishing his hands. "Obviously I have a filtration system that brings in and stores air already in the suit but I know what you're talking about with it being too dense..."

The man continued on, him and Y/n going back and forth with her asking questions and him answering. At one point Tony came and sat beside her writing an equation and going over it with her for the nanotech. He explained a lot of things about the new design and how she could get the mask to work by thinning out the materials over a larger expanse so that they became breathable. Tony even explained how that could happen. Overall, they went over equations and formulas over and over coming back to random things they may have overlooked.

It turned out that Tony was still researching the tech and playing around. If made Y/n realize that you're never quite done learning anything. There's always more to gain--something you might've missed the first time.

"Are you geeks done?" Natasha asked coming up to the table. Y/n hadn't realized everyone had left.

Tony looked up at her from the spare piece of paper he had wrote something on.

"No, if you could come back later--"

"Kid, your bus is leaving," the redhead informed, cutting Tony off.

"Dammit," the girl cursed. "Thanks for the help, Tony," she stood up and grabbed her backpack.

The man just waved it off as he stood up as well.

"Tell Bruce those painkillers work like a freaking charm," Y/n told Natasha who smiled with a nod.

"You guys are the best--I'm not even joking," Y/n spoke those as her parting words before hurrying off to the elevator.

She didn't want to go in fear that she'd never be able to come back and her life would turn to the same drab habits it was when she arrived at Stark Industires. She frowned inwardly. It seemed even the best dreams had to end.

Stepping into the elevator and waving to Natasha and Tony as the doors closed, Y/n took a deep breath and felt a part of herself leave her and wedge in with the Avengers as she exhaled.

Tony could not believe how absolutley amazing that kid was. He turned to Natasha.

"You little--"

"Nuh-uh, Stark. You started this when you lied to me this morning," the redhead defended harshly.

He scoffed. "Please, most of this was instigated by your noseyness."

"Or your slef-centeredness," the woman shot back.

Tony's mouth dropped open in disbelief. "Looks like Banner's not the only one turning green," he realized, smirking. "You're jealous that I found the kid first and not you," he pointed out.

Now it was the woman's turn to scoff. "Get over yourself, Stark--"

"You've been telling me that ever since we met, never gonna happen," he started for the glass elevator. "Admit it, Romanoff. You're jealous."

"I can't believe that you were gonna keep her to yourself," she walked with him, talking in her usual slight gravelly voice.

Tony tilted his head, knowing he was right. "Still jealous--would you like me to get a definition?"

"Showing or feeling envy towards someone or their achivements and advantages," Jarvis piped up through the elevator celliling.

Tony nodded, "right. So how is this not you?"

Romanoff scowled, "Stark, you better watch your tone," the woman growled.

Tony knew when he took it too far--he just didn't care to stop.

"Still haven't admitted it. Y'know I--" the man's phone beeped five time suddenly, vibrating in his pocket.

And then Natasha's did the same.

"That was sooner than I expected," Tony observed, pulling put his phone and looking at the messages.

Y/n: the Avengers are literally the best people I have met in my entire existance. No joke, they were SO nice. Like unbelievably. I think I'm gonna cry from happiness. I cant make this up, Genius but the kindest people I've met are them

Y/n: Natasha motherforking Romanoff and the actual Hawkeye made me go to the infirmary👁👄👁 I just I cant. They barely know who I am and they still cared enough?? Functioning isnt an option anymore. I barely held it together while I was there. So freaking nice i cant.

Y/n: the best scientist of our time gave me painkillers😦 I just...WHAT?! HOW DID MY LIFE GO FROM SHIT TO FUCKING FANTSTIC IN A COUPLE OF HOURS??

Y/n: Steve Rogers embarrassed Clint today and I think he's a little shit and did it on purpose. Brought him a Batman onsie💀💀PLSS

Y/n: gosh I'm litterally gonna cry TONY STARK GAVE ME TIPS ON HOW TO CREATE NANOTECH I JUST-- Literally the best day of my life. My wedding will not be as good as this day. My entire existance wont ever match up to the perfection of today😭✌it makes sense that the people who save earth are litterally the best people on it. Words cant explain how I'm feeling right now

Y/n: not to be a selfish but the only thing that would make today better is if you were there because I really wanna meet you and I feel like I missed my chance💀

Tony looked up from his phone and the elevators doors were open for the past couple of seconds. He missed the ding. Natasha stood beside him with a soft smile on her face--she looked like her eyes had been blessed.

"She's too nice," the woman mumbled sincerely.

Tony walked out of the elevator into the common room. Nat followed him to the couch. "That's for sure," he replied in a mumble as an after thought.

The two Avengers sat down on the couch in sink. "At this point, if she doesn't get an internship I don't care. She's getting one anyway--"

"Tony, that's unprofessional," Pepper walked in through the elevator. "Speaking of, what you did--today at the start of the test--completely childish of you. I can't believe you'd do that--they were already incredibly nervous and you will be responsible if the kids that should get and deserve internships, don't," the woman finished edgily.

"C'mon, Pep. We need interns who can work through stressful situatios--"

"Tony, enough. Stop making excuses--you just wanted to make a big entrance and be the center of attention," Pepper told him.

She was wrong. Okay, maybe half wrong. It was true that he loved being at the center of things but this mainly so he could find the kid.

Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Natasha give him a meaningful glance. She had a blank face but Tony understood.

"You're right Pep, I was being immature and unproffesional. It won't happen again," Tony finished, leaving the CEO slightly baffled with an open mouth.

"I-I....what--"

"But there's nothing I can do now," Tony added.

Natasha nodded shortly, "there it is."

Getting up from the spot on the couch, Tony started for the elevator. "I'll look over the results. Jarvis did already...I'm just scoping out the playing field......yeah," he said while the elevator doors closed.

Pepper scoffed in bafflement with a small humorless laugh.

"He seems ten times more happy today--I can't believe he even came out of the shop..."

Suddenly Wanda walked down from the staircase and entered the kitchen.

Is that my jacket? Natasha thought.

"Hey Wanda, you missed some fun today..." the redheaded woman tried tentatively.

The little witch had been in a mood all week--most of the Avengers choose for her to just go through whatever she was going through without interruption. Except Steve. Steve was brave.

What Natasha had noticed was that all the dark eye-make up was leaving and the rings as well. She didn't have brown hair anymore and it was growing out to be more auburn.

It was sort of clear to Natasha that Wanda was just trying to find herself. So if Wanda was snappy with her, she didnt take it to personally.

"That's too bad," the teenager spoke with genuine regret. Her accent had gone mostly as well. "What happened?"

The girl grabbed a glass of water and started for the couch.

"Coffee with some kids from Midtown. When was the last time you saw someone around your age?"

The little witch cringed. Oh, so it was then. Natasha cringed at her own stupidity.

"Its been a while," Wanda replied, pulling up her legs to the side of her while she sat.

Pepper had just gotten into the elevator to leave when Natasha thought to say something. The redhead knew she needed to. It would probably help Wanda a lot.

"I have this girl's number if you want. She's around your age--very nice. She was here today..." Natasha tried. "She texted the wrong number a couple days ago--she doesn't know it was Tony who she texted. I stole the number from his phone and now I have it. She doesn't know who she's texting. She gave us nicknames," the woman chuckled with her last line.

Wanda widened her eyes. "She doesn't know she's texting two Avengers?"

"Yeah...you'll understand why once you text her. She came here today and spent part of it in the infirmary getting an anti-inflammatory," Nat revealed, propping her legs on the couch in a laying position.

The witch hummed. "I see...so you don't want me to tell her I'm an Avenger," Wanda asked. Nat nodded. "I can do that."

Natasha smiled and patted the spot next to her. The redheads sat together while the older of the two gave the number to the younger.

"Thank you, Nat," Wanda spoke genuinely.

"No problem," the woman smiled. "I think you really need this--and after everything you've been through. You need to focus on yourself. Let go of being an Avenger for a moment to be a kid," Natasha spoke kindly, patting the younger woman on the shoulder.

Wanda nodded and Natasha could tell that she knew she needed this too.

Steve then popped out of the elevator carrying Clint over his shoulder and holding a leash with a dog on the end.

Natasha exited the couch with Wanda as the man flung the archer onto the now vacated sofa.

"I have no idea how he does it," Steve spoke.

"He justed passed out?" Wanda asked, staring at Clint wearily.

"Not enough coffee today," Natasha guessed.

The two nodded at her.

"So, Y/n, she seemed nice," Steve made small talk as he wandered into the kitchen with Wanada. The two started to make dinner.

"Yeah, she is. I hope she gets the internship," Natasha replied.

The woman pulled out her phone and opened the messages she had received from Y/n.

Lil Spy:
I'm glad that it was so amazing for you! I'm sure you'll get the internship and be able to see them again :)

Y/n: I hope

Y/n: so bad actually

Y/n: I really need this to happen lol

Y/n: have you met the Avengers before?

Lil Spy:
I have

Lil Spy:
once or twice

Y/n: they're the beat right? I physically can't express how much I appreciate them right now

Lil Spy:
they are pretty amazing

Lil Spy:
I gave your number to this girl I know. She's around your age

Y/n: great :) I love it when you guys text me so the more the merrier

Y/n: maybe me, you and Genius plus this other girl can make a groupchat🤭

Lil Spy:
sounds good :)

Lil Spy:
I'll get it going

Lil Spy created a group

Genius: so we're getting everyone on the band wagon now huh

Y/n: yeah, it'll be great💅

Unknown: hi :) I'm Wiz

Y/n changed Unknown to Wiz

Y/n: hi I'm Y/n :)

Lil Spy:
Genius, you should come down for dinner tonight otherwise your girlfriend won't be too happy

Y/n: wait? Do you guys live together?

Genius: sadly🙄

Y/n: siblings or roommates or Alabaman maybe👀

Wiz: nooo😭

Genius: roommates more like siblings you could say

Lil Spy:
Wiz lives with us too. We have a big place

Y/n: that's so cool😎I wish that I had siblings

Genius: technically none of us are related but we're close

Wiz: yeah, theres 11 of us

Wiz: I think. Some dissapear at times and then resurface again, you never really know how many there are

Y/n: that sounds so amazing but I bet you guys get tired of each other

Lil Spy:
some of us are considerably more annoying than others👀👀

Genius: I know right, the old man is unbearable😩😩

Genius: right Lil Spy😏👀

Wiz: Genius, you better start running

"Nat, get back here right now. If you leave I'll never be able to round you all up to eat," Steve scolded with an apron around his waist.

The redhead huffed and sat back down.

"Its okay, Nat. I'm pretty sure Tony wants you to go up into a trap he made--his mind has been very loud," Wanda reassured the woman with a pat on the shoulder

Y/n: please dont kill each other

Y/n: injuring is fine

Y/n: *in Dobby's voice* Dobby never meant to kill. Dobby only meant to maim, or seriously injure👉👈

Wiz: oooh I love Harry Potter :)

Y/n: me too! Who's your favourite character?

Wiz: I like Luna, she's very sweet

Lil Spy:
definitely Ginny

Lil Spy:
I like her better in the books though

Genius: you read the books?

Lil Spy:
Yes. In 1997. When the philosopher's stone first came out

Y/n: I wish I was alive then :/ I love both of those characters💕

Y/n: who's your favourite, Genius?

Lil Spy:
hes probably never seen them🙄😉

Genius: that's not true. I saw the movies and read the books

Genius: the weasly twins probably

Y/n: I cried when Fred died😭still so sad about that

Wiz: me to😖

Y/n: sorry guys, I gotta go. I nearly got hit by a car just then💀💀

Genius: ....I feel like you're not joking

Y/n: probably because I'm not🤭riding a bike and texting at the same time while maintaining the laws of the road is pretty tricky

Genius: put your damn phone away before you get you or someone else killed

Lil Spy:
hes right. Texting and driving is dangerous

Y/n: I know I just...crave death? Is that a good thing. Probably not bye!

Genius: bye kid🙄

Wiz: bye Y/n👋

Lil Spy:
please be safe <3

Natasha shook her head as she got up to go sit at the table but turning around when she saw that Clint was still asleep. Y/n was probably going to be the reason the woman stayed awake at night.

The woman poured Wanda's abandoned water up in the guy's face and felt it at that.

"Satan. I swear it, Tasha. You are devil's sawn."

The woman smirked as she walked to the dinner table.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 51.5K 55
I've heard a lot of wrong number book's and I thought why not make my own one! The classic wrong message from a wrong number pulls out a lot of event...
93K 2.5K 55
Peter had a rough childhood loosing all his family, now Peter is in an orphanage that isn't so great... Ned and Mj are all Peter has and is giving up...
203K 5.1K 37
Whilst trying to text her friend peter in the midst of vigilantism, Rosie accidentally mistakes a poorly written 4 for a 9 and texts a certain ex-Rus...
32.9K 756 16
Accidentally texting the wrong number can lead to a lot of things, but you didn't think it would lead to meeting the Avengers... And possibly run...