The Marriage Proposal (Tokyo...

By RivkaKwon

"Mr. Sano, it is you who needed me not the other way around." The Marriage Proposal, a Manjiro "Mikey" S... More

The Marriage Proposal
Story Playlist
0.*
1.
2.
3.*
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.*
11.
12.
14.
15.*
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.*
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.*
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.*
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.*
46.
47.
48.
49.
50.
51.*
52.
53
54.
55.
Special Chapter
56.
57.
58.*
59.

13.

3.1K 134 100
By RivkaKwon

"Sweetie, don't be picky. Eat your carrots." The raven-haired woman said as she looks at the young blonde's plate.

After Koko made a call, a few minutes later food arrived at their doorstep to the child's dismay on not eating her mom's and aunt's homemade food. The adults decided to talk things over while eating but then realized that they can't as the child is still present and it would be too awkward to just openly say that the woman who she keeps calling mommy is not actually her real mommy.

"But daddy's not eating his own carrots... Why can't Emma not eat it too?" The child said pouting while looking at the carrots on the side of her plates.

The woman then glance at the child's father's plate where she could see some vegetables are put on the side. Mikey, upon noticing the woman's stares looks at her.

"What?" The man bluntly said. The woman then gulp nervously as she began to speak.

'This man! Seriously, he always made me nervous!' She thought.

"Mr. Sano, I think you sh---" She said waning to say that he should not be picky in front of his daughter and to set a good example but then, Den got interrupted by the blonde child.

"Mommy, why do you keep calling daddy like that?" She asked, tilting her head on the side cutely.

"Uhm, what do you mean sweetie?" The man asked.

"Why are you calling daddy like how employees call their bosses!" She said like a matter of fact.

'Why does this kid know things like that? It's either she's extremely smart for her age or they teach her things.' The woman thought. She then glanced at Emma's uncles with confusion written in her eyes. They all evaded her gazed well aside from the pink-haired man who keeps throwing glare like daggers to her, the wounded Kakucho just smiled apologetically at her as he glance at Kokonoi like he was pertaining that it is all his fault.

"Sweetie, because uhm, that's the way it is?" The woman said with an awkward small laugh.

'That's freaking lame Denise! And why does this man just listen to his child's nonsense! Hey, Mr. Sano! Say something!'

"So it's like a pet name or something?" The child said innocently as she eats her food. All of a sudden, you could hear that the adults are either coughing or getting choked by their own food.

"Emma, where did you learn that!?" The coughing Kakucho asked with wide eyes. He did not expect to hear that word from a five-year-old.

"Who taught you that?" The man who was silent throughout the dinner, Mikey, asked. You could tell that by the look in his eyes that he was shocked after what he just heard.

"No one did." She said. "But Emma heard it from uncle Ranny while talking to someone on the phone!" The child exclaimed. All of the adults then look where the suspect is located. Ran then look at the child in confusion, thinking when did she hear it as he can't remember any memories in particular.

The executives always talk in good manners whenever they are inside the mansion as the child might pick up a bad word from them which might end one of them being executed by the boss.

"W-when did you hear it P-princess?" The man with short purple hair said, sweat dripping from his nape. 

'Why am I the center of attention all of the sudden? Fuck.' He thought.

"You wouldn't know uncle, Emma is hiding in the room while playing hide and seek with uncle Kaku! I heard you talking with someone, you even said the word one-night stand or something, then you said that the girl like this pet name you gave her---"

As the child continues blabbering, the adults' eyes widen as they look at the child and at Ran.

'Is this my last supper?' Ran thought as he inhaled deeply, shaking a little as the boss stared at him with his dead black eyes.

'This might really be the last.'

"A-ah! Emma, sweetie! Would you like to go up and rest now? Aren't you tired our Princess?" Den said as she stands up and picked up the child. The child just nodded her head as she lays her head on the woman's shoulder. The woman then look at the child's father as if she was asking his permission to leave as the atmosphere felt so tense right now.

"Princess, I think we should go ---"

"It's alright Koko, let them be." Mikey cut him off, nodding at the woman.

"I-I'll get going as well." The other woman, Guini said. She was not saying anything through the whole dinner as she was observing the men with who she and her friend were dining. She also could not eat properly as this certain purple-headed jellyfish bastard keeps on staring at her. She even once kick him under the table but the man just smiled at her sweetly which just made her annoyed.

'I feel bad for myself when I said that I was attracted to him. What am I even thinking?'

As Guini stands from her chair, Rin also follows along.

"Could I help you with---" Rin said but got cut off by Guini.

"No." Guini said not even looking at the man.

"Wow, why do women of this house are so feisty?" Rindou mumbled making the other men nod and some even laugh.

"Maybe because they know that you guys are the type to change women like how you change your underwear," Takeomi said as he lights his cigar. They then could hear someone coming down the stairs, they then saw Den.

"Ah, I forgot my phone." She said as she search for her phone. Mikey then grabs something from his pocket then hands it over to the woman. The woman then confusingly looks at him and the thing in his hand.

"Why did you-- Anyways, thank you." Den said, confused about how the man got her phone but shrugged it off. She then turned around and was about to go back upstairs but then she look back one last time.

"Excuse me, sir?" She said, looking at the older man with a scar on his face. She then points her finger to the left side of the cafe. At that certain part of the wall was signage that said in bold red letters "No smoking."

The woman then smiled at him sternly then proceeds upstairs. This made the pink-haired man laugh alongside the others hard.

"Damn, she's aware that we have guns on us right?" Takeomi said putting his cigar on the glass of water in front of him, amused at what just the woman did.

"She got you good Takeomi-san!" Mochi said as he pats the man's shoulder while still laughing.

"Anyways," Kokonoi said, cutting off the laughter at the table. "What are we going to do next, boss?" he asked, looking at the man who was just looking at them as if he was observing children from daycare.

"Well, it would be a shame to kill those two. The Princess would cry." Takeomi said, leaning back at his seat.

"Women like that are rare these days." Ran added, thinking on the very first day they met the two, they always felt intrigued. 

"Who said we're going to kill someone?" Mikey said, cutting the chatter of his executives. He then crosses his arms as he smiled devilishly, making the men around him flinch and freeze on their spots.

'What the? This is definitely not the first time I saw the boss smile but his smile feels like something is going to happen. Something bigger!'

'Wtf? He looks so creepy.'

'What does Mikey mean by that?'

'I know that he is insane but is he getting more seriously insane right now?'

"What are you implying Mikey?" Kakucho asked the man. He did not like what he is feeling right now.

"I'll just make what Emma wants." He said, standing up from his seat. He then walks to where the cake stand is and grabs some strawberry shortcakes there, his daughter's favorite.  He then came back to his seat. Placing the cake in front of him.

"By that... What do yo--" Rin said but then his older brother pinched his side implying that he should shut up and just wait.

"She likes her and treats her like her own mom. " The white-haired man said as he takes a piece of the cake and eat it.

"Why not make it into reality."  He added.

'Sweet.' He thought. 'Too sweet. Just like her.' As he thought of that, he unconsciously smiles making the Bonten executives shocked.

'Is he really Mikey?'

'Is he really the guy who won't even glance at a woman?'

"Will she even accept it?" Koko said.

'First things first the woman will know everything. To the things they do, to who they really were.'  The man thought. 'I could guess that Laurent and Revas had an idea of what we do in life but clearly have no idea on who we are.'

"Yeah, what if she already had a partner or whatever?" Sanzu added. He also did not like the idea of it for some unknown reason, but there are many what if's in life.

"She's my woman," The man said as he stabs the cake in front of him.

"Remember that." The man said as he looks at the men infront of him devilishly, leaning back in his chair as his eyes glinting like a predator.

'I'll get whatever and whoever I want.' Mikey thought to himself.

'No matter what it takes.'

-----

Omake:

As Mikey declared that, the men just look at each other and signed. They thought that it will be alright. They also wanted to support their boss who for the first time in forever, caught interest in a woman.

They then started to stand up to clean up the food and plates but then their boss started to say something.

"Let Ran do that." He said as he look at the older Haitani.

"Why only me?" Ran asked confused.

"Why only you? You thought I forgot what happened a while ago?" Mikey said as he stared with dead eyes at the older male.

'Fuck, at least I won't be shot like Kakucho.' He thought.

"Ran's on the duty of cleaning for a month," Mikey said as he finished his plate of cake. By this sudden announcement, Ran looked at the boss shocked and about to protest but Mikey glared at him.

"This or I'll cut your tongue out." He said as he proceed to walk where his child and the woman he claimed his is.

After that, the other men just followed Mikey up, leaving the man downstairs to clean up their mess.

"Fuck my life."

-----

03/28/2022

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 44.4K 51
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
627K 38.2K 102
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
112K 5.6K 53
(y/n) (l/n) a girl who was born in the modern world who somewhat ends up in the taisho era of demon slayer. Her sassiness and eccentric attitude capt...
243K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...