๐Œ๐ˆ๐‘๐€๐๐„๐‹ ๐Œ. ๐ˆ๐Œ๐€๐†๐ˆ...

By chaaaey

๐—•๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ ๐— ๐—˜ ๐—ก๐—ข๐—ช ๐—”๐—ฆ ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ ๐—•๐—Ÿ๐—˜๐—ฆ๐—ฆ๐—˜๐—— ๐—จ๐—ฆ ๐—”๐—Ÿ๐—Ÿ ๐—ฌ๐—˜๐—”๐—ฅ๐—ฆ ๐—”๐—š๐—ข, ๐—ช๐—›๐—˜๐—ก ๐—ฌ๐—ข๐—จ ๐—š๐—”๐—ฉ๐—˜ ๐—จ๏ฟฝ... More

WELCOME
Dating Headcanons
Mirabel falling in love with a skittish and curious darling
When you didn't say I love you back
๊œฑแด‡แด„ส€แด‡แด›
Leaving voice mails
reacting to you liking them back
getting rejected
Picnic
Small crush
Jealous
Yandere headcanon
lounging around
imperfectly perfect moments
birthday twins
cuddling positions
๐ธ๐’ฉ๐’Ÿ

That Should Have Been Me

573 10 0
By chaaaey

CTTO: miercooooles

Twin!Reader x Mirabel

TW: [angst, blood & major character death]

I was helping Mama in the kitchen when we heard ruckus at the courtyard of Casita. Slowly, I followed her outside to see Isabela cowering in fear behind my twin and best friend Mirabel as she stood up to Abuela. I held on Mama's arm as I watched the whole thing unfold, Papa appeared beside me and wrapped his arms around me.

"You have to stop Mirabel!" Startled by Abuela's sudden outburst, I gripped on Mama's hand way too tight, I heard her wince. "Sorry, Mama." I whispered and she just nodded her head, kissing my forehead before looking at my twin. I looked at the corner and saw Luisa entering the yard with a concerned look before staying beside Isabela.

"The cracks started with you and Y/N. Bruno left because of you. Luisa's losing her powers, Isabela's out of control, because of you. I don't know why you and Y/N weren't given a gift, but it is not an excuse for you to hurt this family!" Shocked was not the right word to describe what I felt, nor did pain fit, it felt like I was pricked by a million needles. I looked around seeing cracks appear before having an eye contact with Mirabel, something other than pain was lingering in her eyes.

"Me and mí gemelo will never be good enough for you. Will we? No matter how hard we try." She paused for a while, "No matter how hard any of us tries." Everyone was quiet as realisation hits them. I knew this for the longest time yet, but unlike Mirabel I never fought for it.

Mirabel and I are twins, though she was born a few minutes older than me. We were always doing things together, but we were total polar opposites. She was outgoing and friendly while I would rather be alone and inside. Even our relationship with our older sisters are opposite, I am close with Isabela while she isn't, but we're both close with Luisa. Yet even with our differences, we never left each other. No matter where we went, we were together and inseparable. We would always protect and stand up for each other. We have inside jokes only we both understand. When we're together its like nothing else matters except me and my twin. And we wouldn't be twins if there was no teasing in our relationship.

I looked back at her, my vision blurring as tears started to pool. "Luisa will never be strong enough. Isabela won't be perfect enough. Bruno left our family because you only saw the worst in him--".

"Bruno didn't care about this family -- " Before Abuela could finish her sentence, I got off Papi's hold and went in between Mirabel and Abuela, stretching my arms to protect my twin and butting in on the argument. "He loves this family! I love this family! Mirabel and I love this family! We all love this family! You're the one that doesn't care! You're the one breaking our home!" I whisper-shouted, pouring out everything I have been wanting to say, but once I saw the look Abuela gave me, I wanted to go back to mum nevertheless I stayed in place. "Don't you ever-"

I breathed deeply, "The miracle is dying, because of you." In the moment, a huge crack appeared separating me from Mirabel. I looked back and saw her looking at me, both horrified at what is happening.

I heard from somewhere behind me Tia Pepa and Tío Felix shouting something about the candle and when I turned around to see Abuela, her eyes were filled with worry and fear as it stayed on the candle.

As the others were trying to get their bearing because of the cracks, I spun looking at the candle before seeing Mirabel run towards the candle and asking Casita to help her out. Casita pulled its railing from the balcony turning into a makeshift ladder for Mirabel.

"Mirabel, don't." I shouted, loud enough for her to hear. When she didn't look back, I ran as fast as I could to catch up with her. To my side, Isabela ran and used her vines to reach the candle, but as the cracks reached her door, the glow vanished along with her vines, Casita managing to catch her fall.

Upstairs, Camilo tried to shapeshift into someone else in attempting to get the candle, but his door faded and his power disappeared. Casita caught him and sets him down with a soft thud beside Isabela. I observed the house still running after Mirabel. "Casita, let me help. Let her down. I'll do it." I pleaded to our home.

As I looked up at the roof, I saw my twin at the roof, looking outside at the mountains. Reaching the makeshift ladder, I started climbing it. Behind me, I heard Antonio's animals running out of his door to safety. "Antonio, run." I said as I saw a part of the house going to fall on him. Going down to save him, I saw Tío Felix sprinting towards him and got him out just in time.

Soon enough, I felt the house sense that we were in danger, so it brought me down and used its floors to push me outside along with Mama and Papa who are shouting Mirabel to leave the candle while I couldn't move my own body.

Run. Move. Save Mirabel. Hurry.

Those were the only words circulating in my mind, but no matter how much I pushed my own body to move, it wouldn't. Promptly, we were thrown out of Casita. Papa hugging me and protecting me with his body as we landed with a thud on the ground. He helped me up and dusted my outfit before doing his.

I searched for Mirabel who was still on the roof while Casita was falling apart. I saw her struggling reach the candle but Casita managed to support her helping her up again. I couldn't process anything that was happening. My ears are ringing, vision blurred, and my mind blank as my only thought was my twin was in danger. I ran towards the house again, but I was stopped by Abuela. I looked at her with a frown as I tried to remove her grip on it only for her to hold it tighter. "Let me go. My sister's in trouble. Please." I begged and cried out to her. But when she let go of me, Tío Bruno's tower was already crumbling and collapsing towards Mirabel.

"Mirabel!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I couldn't see what was happening, my heart running a hundred miles per hour. I only hoped that Casita was able to save her, that she's still there. But as we looked around for her, I saw her in the middle of the courtyard, laying on the ground.

I ran to her, praying and hoping that she's breathing, that she's okay. In spite of that, when I kneeled down beside her, I saw that she hit her head on the ground and she was bleeding out. I fixed her position and went closer to her placing her head on my lap as tears started to flow out and my skirt being drenched in blood.

"Mirabel?" I mumbled. "M-Mirabel, talk to me please? Tell me you'll be okay." I squeaked out softly, caressing her hair. I saw her eyes fluttering and we held a brief eye contact, "Tell Mama and Papa that I l-love them so much. Say sorry to Isabela, Luisa, Camilo, and Antonio for me. Tell them that I did my best." As those words came out of her mouth, small droplet of tears fell from her face which I wiped with my finger. "No. No. No. I'm going to save you. We're going to save you, let me get Mama. Her arepas can heal you." As I started standing up, she held onto my wrist tightly not letting me go. When I saw her, tears welled up in my eyes.

"There is no time for that mí gemelo, please let me continue. Let A-Abuela know that I'm sorry for letting the miracle d-die instead of saving it. Let Tia Pepa, Tío Felix, and Dolores know that I love them too." I nodded at her words, leaning my forehead against each other.

"T-tío Bruno," she stammered. "When the time comes that you have a new house, bring him home. P-promise me you will do that." She looked at me, her eyes full of agony and pain. "I will." I muttered quietly, making her give a small sad smile. "Lastly, I'm sorry Y/N. I'm the first one who broke our promise to each other." She whispered, letting out a soft chuckle. "I'm sorry I could not keep our promise of being each others' person. I have so much to tell you but we only have little time. Promise me you will continue fighting, that you'll find happiness without me. That you'll make friends and explore the world without me." I looked away from her, tears still flowing from my eyes. I couldn't. I can't. Not without her beside me. "No, I can't do this. You know I can't Mirabel. Please let me treat you? Please?" I urged her, my voice cracking, but she only shook her head, coughing up blood.

"Promise me, Y/N. Promise me that you'll do those things." I looked back at her, holding eye contact before sighing softly and nodding. "There you go. Then I'm finally ready. Take care of our familia, mí gemelo. Don't be too hard on yourself and take care of yourself for me too." I only nodded at her words and as she was about to lose consciousness, she muttered, "Te amó mucho, Y/N."

Those were the last words she said before her body went limp. When I felt it, I let out the most broken howl. "I love you, Mirabel. I love you so so much, mí gemelo. I could not have asked for a better twin. That should have been me. Why wasn't I able to save you? Why couldn't I protect you. You should be the one here but I failed you." I cried out loud, making the other family member go where I was. I saw Mama cover her mouth to hid her sobs, Papa ran beside me and cradled Mirabel, whispering to himself that he should have saved her. I looked at Camilo who was hold Antonio as he buried his face on his shirt, we shared a look before he smiled sadly, looking away. The others were crying too, then I saw Abuela.

I couldn't decipher what she was feeling. Giving Papa and Mama space, I stood up and went beside Abuela. She looked at me while I stared at the ground. "Mirabel told me to let you know that she's sorry for not being able to save the miracle." I uttered, choking in a sob. But for Abuela, it seemed that those word hit her limit as she bawled, letting her emotions out. I hugged her and patted her back, she returned the hug tighter than I expected. "Lo Siento, chico. I did not mean for this to happen. If I had known, I would have changed. I was so blinded by my fear of losing the miracle, that I didn't notice that I already lost it." She whispered in my ears and I couldn't help but let my tears out. "It's okay Abuela. We all make mistakes." I replied, comforting her.

She pulled away and held my cheeks. "I'm so proud of you, muchacho. I'm proud at you both and I could not have it any other way." Unexpectedly, she kissed both my cheeks and held my hands as we trudged towards my sister. Mama was still crying while Papa did his best to comfort her. When Papa saw me, he gave me a forced smile.

A few weeks has passed and we have finally rebuilt Casita but it was different now. Tío Bruno came home and he has made amends with everyone. Today was also going to be Mirabel's funeral and we were required to wear something black. As I got out of our room, I looked around missing my twin's loud personality. "It really is different without you, Mira."

Closing the door, I saw Papa and Mama downstairs with the others. Rushing down, I looked at them and gave them a small grin. They looked at me and gave me a genuine smile as they hold both my cheeks. "We love you Y/N and we're very proud of you. Your sister would have been too if she saw you now." Mama Juli said which made me turned away with a sad expression. "Hey don't be sad anymore, mí amor. It doesn't look good on you." Papi said with a chuckle and I let a small laugh before they both kissed my forehead.

"Are you ready, Y/N?" I turned to see where the voice came from and saw Abuela. She looked at me, waiting for my answer. And I nodded, "Ready as I'll ever be."

But I wasn't ready except I had no choice but to accept reality. That the person who understood me and my best friend in the whole world is gone. But she is going to be remembered as she has a special place in our hearts.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.8K 1.5K 44
It's 2022. You're 20 years old. But you had a project to do. On Colombian history, you decided to discover and solve on what happened to existence of...
15.8K 463 38
Yโ‚’แตคแตฃ fโ‚โ‚œโ‚‘ แตขโ‚› โ‚›โ‚‘โ‚โ‚—โ‚‘d wโ‚•โ‚‘โ‚™ yโ‚’แตคแตฃ โ‚šแตฃโ‚’โ‚šโ‚•โ‚‘cy แตขโ‚› แตฃโ‚‘โ‚d. ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’Š๐’” ๐’•๐’‰๐’† ๐’‡๐’‚๐’•๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐’๐’๐’† ๐’๐’‡ ๐‘ด๐’‚๐’…๐’“๐’Š๐’ˆ๐’‚๐’'๐’” ๐’•๐’“๐’Š๐’‘๐’๐’†๐’•๐’”, ๐‘ฉ๐’“๐’–๐’๐’ ๐‘ด๐’‚...
29.1K 442 14
la familia madrigal ! encanto oc x oc under editing.
36.8K 630 33
๐˜ˆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜จ๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ฑ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ข ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜Š๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฃ๐˜ช๐˜ข ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜Œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ. ๐˜ˆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ...