imperfectly perfect moments

CTTO: mirabel-amor

summary: as antonio's babysitter and mirabel's best friend, you have grown very close to the madrigal family. now, on the day of encanto's yearly festival, you plan to deliver the most romantic speech to swoon mirabel. the only problem is the 3'10" excitable little boy you're babysitting.

warnings: none! reader is a little self-deprecating but that's all. :]

Unlike many others in the village, you were quite close to the Madrigal family.

As Mirabel's best friend and Antonio's babysitter, it wasn't out of the ordinary for you to spend time around the Casita. Long before the house fell, you offered to watch Antonio since everyone was often busy helping out in the village. What started as a small favor grew into a daily job, not that you disliked it. Antonio was such a sweet little boy that it was harder to dislike him than adore him. The job not only made you closer to Antonio but the entire family. Which was good considering your, um, predicament.

"Hey! Hey!"

You glanced up and quickly shielded your eyes from the bright sun. Mirabel ran towards you and flopped down onto the grass.

"So, every year Encanto has that huge festival, right?"

You nod, uncertain where she's headed with this.

"I know your parents never let you go or anything, but, if we take Antonio with us we can pass it off as a babysitting job! Then you'd be able to see the parade and fireworks and cool festividades! I heard a rumor that Mateo is building a ferris wheel! Imagine how cool that would be! I've never seen one before- well, besides books I guess, but that's not the same, usted tonta-!" Mirabel rambled, cutting off abruptly to gasp for air.

You laughed at her expression, but it wasn't at all mocking. No, it was fond and very adoring. Mira was so pretty when she got excited. She had a spark in her eyes and waved her arms dramatically. She was grinning a big, stupid grin and it made you melt inside. When she was happy, it was like your entire world was doused in sunshine and a cool breeze.

"Alright, alright!" You laughed, grabbing Mirabel's arm. "Breathe, Mira!

The two of you sat in silence. Mirabel was catching her breath, and meanwhile, you were just admiring her beauty. A little creepy? Eh, maybe to some, but Mirabel was like an angel on earth. It was hard not to admire her beauty and silly personality.

Mirabel turned her head and raised an eyebrow at you. Oops, you thought, more than a tad embarrassed.

You bumped your shoulder into hers and pulled her up from the grass.

"C'mon," you said, "if we're going to the festival I have to tell my familia of my babysitting job."

Mirabel turned much more enthusiastic after that and was suddenly pulling you along the grass.

"Yes! Come on, come on! I've wanted to take you to the festival forever, vamos, vamos!"

Barely a week later, the festival has finally arrived. And you had a plan.

You would buy tickets to the ferris wheel and confess all your feelings to Mirabel. It would be romantic and the view would be amazing from the top, looking down on all of the Encanto.

There was a slight problem with your plan. A 3'10" sized problem, that is.

Antonio gasped in excitement. "Oh my gosh, you can win a prize here! Look, look! That one looks like Tío Bruno's rats!"